BE Power Equipment Inc. Employee Reviews

Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 November 2019
I enjoy the fast paced environment, it is challenging and the management team is very involved in making BE a better place to work. Being involved in the lean program will make BE a hard place to beat in the industry
Fun place to work at
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 November 2019
Fun establishment and easy work load. Easy to make friends at work, and communication is easy. Lots to do, and well organized work area. Hardest part of the job i found was to try and squash everything into an 8 hour day.
I feel like a valued part of the team
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 October 2019
I've worked with BE for three years now. Our management team has worked so hard to help us grow rapidly out of outdated structures and processes we had in place for years, as the company had outgrown them - and transform them into new and progressive processes with much stronger foundations. These transitions had stressful moments, but our team worked through it all together beautifully. Our management includes everyone in our department (as well as other departments when necessary) while planning and implementing these changes. We met and still meet regularly to discuss our opinions on where we can make more improvements, projects we can work on, and recognize together what we've worked so hard to accomplish which is so important. I love the people I work with and I'm so proud of everyone for their teamwork, their passion and their hardworking mentalities. We have a great balance between work and fun in our office. Best of all, this environment makes me feel like a valued part of the team - I feel heard and recognized. Our employee engagement team plans fun events for us and helps ensure each voice is heard about how the office can improve and accommodate for everyone.
There is much room for growth here - you will work hard, yes you will be stressed out some days, but you have support and will see progress and your hard work will be recognized.
Pros
PROGRESSIVE! Employee engagement, team mindset, lovely office, free donuts/muffins/fruit/veggies on fridays
Cons
Benefits plan could be better, sometimes long hours are necessary, can be stressful with the fast pace & high volume
Progressive company to work for
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 August 2019
BE is a great company to work at where they make you feel like you are part of the family.

BE is a progressive company where they are striving to ensure they "put their money where their mouths are". They are working towards better customer service, growing stronger in the industry with new product innovation, increasing company morale, working on new training programs, and ensuring they have competitive wages in the industry/ area.

Deadlines and work loads can be challenging, but that can be found in any company. Management will help do what they can to alleviate those stresses as much as possible as well as great co-workers.
Disorganized, Poor Communication and No Standard Procedures
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 July 2019
I had read the reviews before going on the interview and expressed my concerns. I was told that many improvements have been made and continue to strive for better processes. All talk no action. High stress, why? Wouldn't have stress if standard procedures and processes have adhered too. No encouragement or motivation, the direct manager was the most passive person I had ever encountered; replies were "sure", "if you want", "whatever". Arriving in the morning you would think many of them just came from a funeral. Depressing atmosphere.
BE is a TOXIC workplace
Production Labourer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 July 2019
The management is all sunshine and rainbows even when everything is going crazy because the people in the office are consistently treated better than the floor workers.

Tools in the warehouse are constantly breaking and nothing is done about it. Half the tools in production are falling apart. There are some employees that went as far as bringing in their own tools.

Injuries are common and for months that I worked there it was difficult to get a band aid if you ended up bleeding (normally involving hunting down however was the first aid person.)
The workers are also pushed beyond their abilitys, or insulted when they had issues with lifting the heavy units.

Even with cranes to move the large 80lbs engines up onto the belt most workers were so rushed they would handbomb them which was lead by the toxic mentality of time is money which lead to regular back injuries on the floor.

The production manager was known for making mistakes and blaming his employees as well as just making bad choices, while the shipping manager was known to be incredibly condescending and cliqué.
Pros
A muffin or donut on friday, occasional badly planned spirit days
Cons
Toxic workplace.
Variety of Work
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 January 2019
There's a lot of variety in some workplaces, but this one had so many different options for work within the company. Shipper, Receiver, Order Picker, Forklift Operator, Assembly Line, Boxing and Wrapping etc. and that was just the grunt work. They also had another building not far from this location
Company Growth
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 November 2018
There is job security with company growth.
The company keeps up with the times such as new software (online ordering, website) and benefits. The owner listens the employees with an employee engagement committee, and updating benefit plans. There is on the job training and room to advance within the company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Unbalanced work loads
Company growth
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC29 November 2018
There is job security with company growth.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Inbalanced work load
not a good place to work
Forklift Operator/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 November 2018
not a good place to work there all talk and no action went it comes to training forklift / narrow aisle forklift I wouldn't recommend this place to work at some of people are okay to work with .
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Great Place to Work
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 October 2018
I have been with BE Pressure for 2 years now. As with any job, there are moments of pure stress, but more frequently it is a well balanced environment with great staff. There is a thorough "team first" feel in every department, and I've made some of my closest friends working here. The management is great with a strong belief in an "open door" feel, and they do a great job providing it. This month, we are having a pumpkin carving contest, a costume contest, as well as 50/50 draws. It's not always the fun stuff though; BE is great at giving back. Monthly we have weekends where staff volunteer at the local food bank, and we run food drives from our staff room. Overall, I am very happy where I am, and am grateful everyday I get to work where I work. At BE, you just need to give your best and be passionate about your work. If you do these things, you will find success here.
Pros
Great Management and Staff
best company
purchasing (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 October 2018
I currently work at BE Pressure, and it’s great. Yes, there are busy and stressful days, but that comes with the territory of any successful business. At the end of the day, I feel appreciated and valued, and have an amazing team to work alongside. Management is always helpful and encouraging, and if you’ve met the owner , you know how lucky we actually are to be under his leadership. All in all, this company has a great vision, great team, and I am looking forward to my career here.
Pros
knowledge and experience
Terrible company to work for
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 September 2018
I worked for BE for 1.5 month’s and it was the worst experience of my life. Such a negative atmosphere with little to no help if asked. Was let go out of the blue with no reason why or anything but a “are you surprised”. I did nothing wrong and had no negative feedback prior. Such a waste of my time as I left my previous job in hopes this was going to be a great opportunity. DO NOT WORK FOR BE PRESSURE!!
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Bad management, negative atmosphere
Terrible place to work and waste of time !
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 June 2018
Got sent to braber as well and let me tell you ! What a joke !
I would agree with them not being organized. The management and office staff are very cold rude people , with NO sympathy , empathy, or understanding to real life and issues people have . They are very judgemental people who think they are better then everyone else ! Clearly why they cannot keep staff and are always hiring .
If you get hired here don’t get hopes up or hold ur breathe thinking you will fit in , if you have a family or any issues at all .
Pros
Not much
temporary
Picker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 April 2018
Don't expect a job for more than a few months, just today 3 drivers walked out. And management is a joke, they screw up more things with every change than they fix. It's good if you only want a couple months work.
depends where they put you
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 January 2018
worked first 3 days at main facility, didnt mind that, workers were nice, friendly, helpful. then they sent me to braber....yikes...like the opposite of the first 3 days awful work enviroment most employees just ignore you as i guess they work for another company(braber) the one guy expected me to know everything after 3 days of training in another facility where actually everything is different including the procedure and he has personality of a wet sock ....i wouldnt waste my time at this place until they run it better, gonna take a guess that many many many have gone through their doors and its the old saying it cant be everyone thats wrong might be them
Pros
they pay
Cons
pretty much everything
Stressful and Busy
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 December 2017
Stressful, busy, and sometimes overwhelming work environment. Staff is often appreciated with luncheons and parties for holidays. Co-workers are friendly, but often do not have time to help due to high work volume.
Great people to work with
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 December 2017
I've been at BE for over a year now and I have received great support in my role. The people who work here are great, covering for each other, offering to help each other when workloads are heavy, etc. There is a strong work culture and a fast paced environment, the days go by quickly.
The company is in transition having moved away from using seasonal workers to more long term employees, particularly in the warehouse. There are employee appreciation activities and management is really striving to build a value based culture and it is well received by employees.
It's also a growing and stable company and so I look forward to many more years here.
Pros
Great people to work with
Busy company that cares
LEAD INVOICER (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 December 2017
I have been with BE Pressure for a few years. We are a high volume fast-paced company, some people find this stressful; I find this a challenge. At times we run lean on staff, not everyone can handle the challenges that are presented during our peak business times. There are many people involved with the organization of the company and the prioritizing of the orders that get shipped all around the world. To some who are not in management or with the company for a brief period of time; this may make us look disorganized, and scrambling to put orders together. What is really happening is that while still meeting our current customers orders we are also sending equipment, generators, heaters, fire hoses and carts to name a few to help with the fire crisis in BC, the floods in Texas, the hurricanes in Florida and Puerto Rico. We have no control over natural disasters, when and where they occur in other parts of the world, but we are here to help. I feel very fortunate to be a part of a company that cares about others.
This company cares about its employees, giving them a chance when other companies will not, making their work environment more ergonomic. There is a great bunch of hardworking people who now work with BE Pressure that are passionate about what they do and who they work with. Everyone is willing to assist others with their tasks, lending a hand where needed. I enjoy going to work every day. I enjoy the people I work with; the comradery is like no other.
Pros
Positive work environment
Better
Sales (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 October 2017
I've been here for a few years now. Ever since they changed up the leadership here, it's been a lot better. The managers are a lot more inviting now; they actually care about your feedback and try to use it to make the company a better place to work. Busy season can still be stressful, but it's manageable for people who work through it - not so much for the ones who are too busy complaining that they never get anything done. If you like feeling productive, it's a good place for you to work, because there's always something to do. Salary is pretty competitive and there are opportunities for advancement as I have seen some warehouse staff move up to the office. The longer you work here, the more knowledgeable you become and the more invaluable you can be to the company. As long as you're not lazy, and you have the capacity to learn from your mistakes, you can be a lifer here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BE Power Equipment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

BE Power Equipment Inc. Reviews by Location