BE Power Equipment Inc.

BE Power Equipment Inc. Employee Reviews

Positive and immediately productive work that you can easily see the results of. The company has strived to provide a good work environment during covid which had been wonderful for reassurance of the company staying open long term.
This place is not a place that anybody should take seriously the managment is all family and close freinds.You wont have any opportunities for advancement its designed to keep every body out that's not in there social circle and if you work here expect to be harrased constantly by the supervisors untill you leave or they lay you off. That's the motives of this company they dont want you to stick around to long all you are is cheap and short time labour so they dont have to pay any more then they should be paying, just stay away from this place you will save your self alot of stress thats not needed for people who need a stable job and a place to grow.
Pros
Some fun people to work with
Cons
Toxic work enviroment
I have been working at BE now for almost 1 year. With how many people work here I was concerned at getting "lost" amongst the crowd, however that has not happened at all. I have a manger who clearly cares about my progress/career and regularly touches base with me to ensure I am happy as well. I am very happy I joined this company, and I hope to be here for many years. If you are willing to work hard and keep busy, BE is an awesome place to work. The CEO is also a super friendly person who takes the time to get to know his employees.
Having worked here for the past few years, I can honestly say this company is moving in the right direction.The new employee process has improved significantly since I have started and I hear talks of it improving more in the future. This is a great step in the right direction as it will help to keep employees for longer periods of time
Pros
Seeing improvements happen, even if slow. Ability to change small things to make the day move more smoothly.
Cons
Some areas don't get as much attention as others, need more leadership within the different areas. bit cliquey
BE has a great culture that's open and welcoming. The staff and management care a lot about the associates and make it a fun place to work. They also have a great work/life balance which is very important nowadays
Pros
Doughnut Fridays, Pizza Lunches, Safety, Good people
Cons
Fast pace which can cause errors to happen
Great team that works at BE. Very helpful, good training. Management does a good job of supporting team and giving us the ownership to make a difference in our day to day work.
Pros
Friday Doughnuts and team building lunches once and a while
Worked for BE for 4 yrs and tried to learn as many skills as possible to benefit the company and myself and made some great friends along the way while doing this . The owner and upper management are great. To meet the guy running the repair shop is worth the application alone he should be warehouse manager because he’s that passionate and good
Pros
Pay a fair wage, some good people, good ownership
Cons
Find out for your self
Don’t come across a mean stand up forklift driver while working as a warehouse worker. He will blow off steam to you with ridiculous and angry face. He is always mad at the pickers. Never ask him to pick the items from the top shelves , he would severely act irritated due to his stress. Try to find someone else who drives stand up forklift. He is being very unhelpful for your work. What a stupid worker !!
Pros
Cons
impudent forklift driver, broken and limited materials(box, tools)
Rude stand up forklift driver and careless management. Combining this with high expectations, extremely total disconnect between management and warehouse, a limited path for advancement, and a business model build around annual layoffs makes this company unsuitable to work for by anyone with real world expenses. A tiresome stand up forklift driver was like bug running his mouth constantly with unhelpful nitpicking.
Pros
Easy to make friends, muffin or donuts time
Cons
Rude stand up forklift driver. Poor management. Silly shipping department
Talking each other aggressively everyday and the management never cares about employees’ feelings. If you make some errors accidentally while picking items by RF scanner, you will be threatened by disgusting workers (wearing cap) who operate forklift. He or they are very arrogant and always have menacing face. Never never never apply for any position here. Waste your time and energy.
Pros
Large space for lunch but never used.
Cons
Trash talk by people every day, rude forklift driver
Be pressure not a great place to work. Pay is not fair the management are not nice and tend to take their aggressions out on staff. I worked for this company for over 3 years I was on time and never missed work. I felt I was never appreciated and always over worked. Management never really appreciated their staff lots of verbal abuse.
Co-workers are great, management is awesome and there for you. I wish I went back after my medical leave. Always looking to see if they are hiring. Work was great always busy and lots of help if needed.
It's a symphony of chaos, high turnover, sassy supervisors, there can be lots of whining and complaining sometimes. High pace, heavy boxes, learning on the fly.... But.... If you have the right attitude, you can go far there, as they do seem to like to promote from within. And if they see that you are eager to learn, then will give you opportunities. They were accommodating to people with families or school. And the owner is just a gem of a man, he will talk to you as if you're the only person in the world...very savvy, constantly striving to make the company even better....I miss it XD
Great place to work. Management is really doing great things for the business. Job security, medical and dental benefits, and team environment are all on the upswing. Staff seem happy and eager to watch things grow and the company morale us gone up significantly. I am really encouraged by where the company is going and look forward to being a part of the team for the years ahead!
I enjoy the fast paced environment, it is challenging and the management team is very involved in making BE a better place to work. Being involved in the lean program will make BE a hard place to beat in the industry
Fun establishment and easy work load. Easy to make friends at work, and communication is easy. Lots to do, and well organized work area. Hardest part of the job i found was to try and squash everything into an 8 hour day.
I've worked with BE for three years now. Our management team has worked so hard to help us grow rapidly out of outdated structures and processes we had in place for years, as the company had outgrown them - and transform them into new and progressive processes with much stronger foundations. These transitions had stressful moments, but our team worked through it all together beautifully. Our management includes everyone in our department (as well as other departments when necessary) while planning and implementing these changes. We met and still meet regularly to discuss our opinions on where we can make more improvements, projects we can work on, and recognize together what we've worked so hard to accomplish which is so important. I love the people I work with and I'm so proud of everyone for their teamwork, their passion and their hardworking mentalities. We have a great balance between work and fun in our office. Best of all, this environment makes me feel like a valued part of the team - I feel heard and recognized. Our employee engagement team plans fun events for us and helps ensure each voice is heard about how the office can improve and accommodate for everyone. There is much room for growth here - you will work hard, yes you will be stressed out some days, but you have support and will see progress and your hard work will be recognized.
Pros
PROGRESSIVE! Employee engagement, team mindset, lovely office, free donuts/muffins/fruit/veggies on fridays
Cons
Benefits plan could be better, sometimes long hours are necessary, can be stressful with the fast pace & high volume
BE is a great company to work at where they make you feel like you are part of the family. BE is a progressive company where they are striving to ensure they "put their money where their mouths are". They are working towards better customer service, growing stronger in the industry with new product innovation, increasing company morale, working on new training programs, and ensuring they have competitive wages in the industry/ area. Deadlines and work loads can be challenging, but that can be found in any company. Management will help do what they can to alleviate those stresses as much as possible as well as great co-workers.
I had read the reviews before going on the interview and expressed my concerns. I was told that many improvements have been made and continue to strive for better processes. All talk no action. High stress, why? Wouldn't have stress if standard procedures and processes have adhered too. No encouragement or motivation, the direct manager was the most passive person I had ever encountered; replies were "sure", "if you want", "whatever". Arriving in the morning you would think many of them just came from a funeral. Depressing atmosphere.
The management is all sunshine and rainbows even when everything is going crazy because the people in the office are consistently treated better than the floor workers. Tools in the warehouse are constantly breaking and nothing is done about it. Half the tools in production are falling apart. There are some employees that went as far as bringing in their own tools. Injuries are common and for months that I worked there it was difficult to get a band aid if you ended up bleeding (normally involving hunting down however was the first aid person.) The workers are also pushed beyond their abilitys, or insulted when they had issues with lifting the heavy units. Even with cranes to move the large 80lbs engines up onto the belt most workers were so rushed they would handbomb them which was lead by the toxic mentality of time is money which lead to regular back injuries on the floor. The production manager was known for making mistakes and blaming his employees as well as just making bad choices, while the shipping manager was known to be incredibly condescending and cliqué.
Pros
A muffin or donut on friday, occasional badly planned spirit days
Cons
Toxic workplace.
A big company that is growing everyday. They many great products and many not so great but they are always looking for ways to improve. The third generation owner is a great guy.
Pros
Great people and do events for the staff. Muffins, fruit and donuts on Fridays.and
Cons
Not many, more training needed on products.