BD Canada Employee Reviews

Excellent
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2017
Promote work-life balance and push for career development. Great products and great culture. Global organization with a lot of opportunities to work in different business units and countries.
Five minute commute from home, challenging work life balance, manager turnover is very high
DISTRIBUTION PROJECT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 October 2012
A typical day at work: Managing emails and meetings. I also provide process and system expertise to a young staff; this includes supporting the Warehouse Manager, Director of Operation and Supervisors. Currently I am working on an SAP upgrade project - The good portion of my day is spent working with a larger cross functional team, both in Canada and the US, in setting up process and data for the distribution center to support the SAP upgrade from 4.0 to 6.0.

What have I learned; Process and systems can only perform transactional outputs, but people are key. Over my 13 years at BD, people still remain key. Much like any systems or processes, people need the same care. Maintaining strong relationships and creating new ones is essential. Respect and good old fashion hard work remain essential.

Management; I have worked closely with 5 managers in the past 4 years while having 9 different managers in my 13 year stay. The managerial style had been different in all accounts. Adapt or sink is my saying. I’ve been able to adapt to the constant change of style over the years.

Co-workers; Hardworking & never settling for nothing but the best. What a great team.

The hardest thing about my job; The knowledge transfer to new associates proves challenging, specifically when managers would like to see the learning curve shrink from 8 months to 1 month.

The most enjoyable part of my job; Being able to help others and teach others. When my colleagues are struggling with process or systems, I’ve been able to help. Being that person is honorable and I owe my company many thanks for granting
  more... me the opportunities to get to the level I’m at.  less
Pros
free gym, ping pong table, ever second friday - pizza lunch!
Cons
work life balance and high turnover