BCCA Employee Reviews

Wonderful people to work with
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 May 2018
Enjoyed my contract with BCCA. A great group of people. Very approachable leaders and staff that seek to improve conditions for others - whether staff or clients. A lovely experience.
Pros
Excellent work conditions
extremely rewarding workplace environment for those who are patient oriented
Systemic Therapy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 November 2016
Stressful but rewarding work. Great co-workers! Suitable environment for those not looking to advance their career. The relationships made with patients is the highlight of this job.
Cancer Clinic
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 July 2016
I worked for BCCA for three years, Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm. Typical day at work would include organizing for the day when I got in, setting up my desk for each task and then starting my regular work. I was in charge of phoning all new patients and giving them an interview, creating charts, booking doctor appointments and helping out wherever necessary.

I have always got along with all my co workers and to this day some are my really close friends. My manager and I would work together sometimes to figure out certain tasks and he was always very supportive and listened to any ideas each employee had.

Best part about the job was helping out the patients who were going through a rough time and being about to make their day. Worst part was sometimes having to deal with emotional situations which comes with a job working within the health industry.