BCAA

BCAA Employee Reviews

review

Overall good experience, but the compensation is not industry-competitive. Most of time, some agents are face to face and some works for the call center, and for people who work at call center, it can be stressful as the call waiting time is very long and customers are upset. company benefits are great, everyone as collaborative.

a breath of fresh air

Working at BCAA has been a breath of fresh air. Generous benefits. Fair salary. Good management. Positive on-boarding experience. Good and easy to use broker software, telephones and computers. IT Department is good. Great training and resources for selling their products. The manual is great for membership and optional car insurance. Supportive management both regional and in-location. One thing that is not the best is all the metrics they use to track the employees and their work, using artificial intelligence and other collected data. I am not a expert on data analysis but I don’t think they are either. I feel that the metrics they use don’t take into account the real life experience of the employees on the ground.Another positive thing to note has been their responsible, compassionate and careful response to COVID-19.

Pros

Benefits, Management, Learning, Career Growth, Support

Cons

Analysis of metrics and data, AI employee tracking

24/7 worklife

24/7 call centre, must be available for full time, very very difficult to accommodate around. Great atmosphere, friendly coworkers + managers. Poor technology, very little communication between departments.

Pros

Stability, security, decent pay

Cons

24/7 availability, little room to move up

Excellent management and culture

It’s a fantastic start career and have good training system. People in the group are all gentle and nice and also very enjoyable to work with. They appreciate all your work and effort.

Amazing Place to work

Really good company to work for. They care about their employees and have a great work culture. If I could I would have worked here for the rest of my working career. I had to move and no BCAA location to work for where I live. Amazing training programs and great pay. Good bonus as well. I would highly recommend working here.

Pros

Great culture, really good pay, good benefits

Cons

Non in my opinion

Good company

It was fun working in BCAA – the company’s generosity and organized. People are great to work with especially our Boss C. They offered me a very great salary for a beginner in Canada and as my first job.

team work, helpful, understanding and fun envoiroment

Really enjoy working at BCAA friendly work environment. a safe place to learn and grow. A workplace that understand and respects work/life balance.

BCAA at the time I was working there was a fantastic place to work with managers who saw the potential in you and wanted to elevate your growth within BCAA

Good benefits

Good team work and communication Good benefits Good hours Training program is good Good location for head office most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with team members

Excellent company, top-notch people

I am proud to have had an opportunity to work at BCAA. A dedicated management team that know how to live a "people-first" culture. The team environment is playful, hard-working and dedicated.

Best company to work with in BC

Very positive environment to work with, management is very open, transparent and professional. Their people first approach is the best!! I would recommend all new grads or professional to go and explore new opportunities at BCAA

Nice

Nice place to work management is very supportive and have always helped me to advance further pretty good pay for easy work and they pay for you to get your insurance license

Horrible Management

Great staff, great benefits, great work life balance... too bad the manager of the office ruins it. If you want to be judged, micromanaged and demeaned, this is the place for you!

Excellent Company

Training was excellent. They set you up for success. Management is strong. They give you coaching sessions every couple weeks. Overall a great company.

Productive and Team Oriented Environment

BCAA is a company that has shown to be very committed to its employees. The culture is very inclusive and friendly with diverse backgrounds and skills

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

Difficult to gain individual recognition

Fun place to work

24 hour schedule 3 week vacations technical and customer service based fast growing company along with difficult challenges Must be flexible 100% of the time

Excellent company to work for

I credit BCAA with my sales training, understanding of customer centric policies and approach, emotional IQ, management, administrative, and interpersonal abilities with colleagues and customers. BCAA has an amazing training programme, keeps employees engaged, has an excellent culture, stands for the right thing every time, has awesome policies and procedures, highly competent managers and Directors, good holiday and benefits package, an amazing pension plan, opportunity for advancement and changing roles. They span the province so moving is never a problem. They take good care of employees!

Pros

Benefits, culture, training, support, engagement, policies, procedure's

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work was to close the previous days cash report and ICBC batching. I would move on to counting inventory and covering lunches for the front receptionist. Some meetings here and there in the afternoon and reconciling petty cash and floats before i left the office. The management was the best i have seen, very supportive and transparent.

Pros

benefits + vacation time

Not a nice place to be

They stressed that they didn't have quotas however, once you got past selling medical insurance it is all about quotas. Some managers will fire you if you are not a top seller. Work place was stressful, clock watchers, not good workplace - managers got bonuses based on what you sold. They say it's about customer service but don't give you the time to deliver good service.

Pros

Cafeteria had excellent food at good prices

Cons

Everything else

okay place to work

you would not get enough support to go ahead in your career . will prefer to hire people from outside rather than helping you. lot of stress but less salary .

Fun workplace

You learn a lot in a short period of time.Best part of the job is the customers. They're older and super nice!It makes you actually look forward to come to work!

Pros

So many employee perks and benefits!

Cons

It's a sitting job, and can get a little repetitive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCAA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement