BCAA

BCAA Employee Reviews

Canada55 reviews

trainingopportunitybenefitmanagerteamenvironmentlotpeople

Work-life balance

Good company with lots of opportunities to grow your career. Managements are supportive and provide much flexibility. Decent benefit plans and good people to work with.

Poor management top to bottom

BCAA is managed by a diverse group of inexperienced Vancouverites who haven’t a clue how small town people like to be treated. Worst manager I have ever worked for, as incompetent and ill-suited to management as I have ever seen. When the location failed , the press release was that our locals were unable to see the value in BCAA’s services. There was no value, just an overwhelming desire to overcharge and under provide.

Insights into BCAA

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Started out as a dream job, steadily decline, only able to make a living wage if overtime is available, favoritism is a big thing here.

This company is taking a turn for the worst, the management team is inexperienced, and over bearing.They expect you to dedicate your life to the company, or you will never "meet expectations" Inexperienced management takes things personally, and then portrays their personal feelings in your yearly reviews.When these issues are brought up to management, and HR, they turn a blind eye, and end up ignoring your concerns, and pretending it's a non issue.When I stared it was a dream come true, however things were steadily declining the whole time employed.The company is pushing you to work harder, without recognizing the effort put in, they are constantly adding tasks to the drivers, and taking them away from other departments (dispatch/call takers)Make sure you stay on dispatchers good side, because they will complain about you, and you will hear about it, however they are never held accountable for their actions (they are unionized, and get away with murder)€You start out getting paid a percentage of your wage, they will promise you 100% after 2 years, however after over 4 years of service, I still was not at 100%.The benefits are good, they pay is okay (after you get to 100%)I would not recommend this job to anyone, unless you are close to retirement, I wanted to retire with the company, but was forced to move on due to poor management, and lack of transparency.This company will 100% lie to your face, and make false promises.

Great workplace culture

Management very supportive and there are lots of fun team building activities. Internal training was a fantastic with room to move up and get insurance certification

Amazing place to work

Fast paced, challenging, great management. Could be paid a bit more for the amount of work required. Nice people and great training. I would recommend working at BCAAVery good benefits

Lots of care from coworkers and employers. Fair pay and tons of room for growth

I love working for bcaa. The majority of people that work there are kind and understanding no matter what position you’re in at work or in life. You feel valued. The pay is fair and the benefits are great. The support is constant. This is honestly an excellent place to work in every way other than you have to work the occasional Saturday

It really depends who is the manager? if your manager is an angle, it would be heaven vice versa.

I worked for BCAA for 2.5 years. for the first year, it was heaven cause my best manager set a very high standard and he is VERY PROFESSIONAL, POLITE, FRIENDLY and FAIR! the rest of my time there was chaotic cause of the managers. MICROMANAGEMENT while I worked so hard, taking phone calls and walk-in customer at the same time? I did AT LEAST 10 ICBC transactions while other was average 3-4 ICBC transactions a day and the worst was, my salary was not paid. HR? they just don't care!

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and flexible break time.

Cons

Micro Management. If you have bad managers, you'll feel that you work in ...

review

Overall good experience, but the compensation is not industry-competitive. Most of time, some agents are face to face and some works for the call center, and for people who work at call center, it can be stressful as the call waiting time is very long and customers are upset. company benefits are great, everyone as collaborative.

a breath of fresh air

Working at BCAA has been a breath of fresh air. Generous benefits. Fair salary. Good management. Positive on-boarding experience. Good and easy to use broker software, telephones and computers. IT Department is good. Great training and resources for selling their products. The manual is great for membership and optional car insurance. Supportive management both regional and in-location. One thing that is not the best is all the metrics they use to track the employees and their work, using artificial intelligence and other collected data. I am not a expert on data analysis but I don’t think they are either. I feel that the metrics they use don’t take into account the real life experience of the employees on the ground.Another positive thing to note has been their responsible, compassionate and careful response to COVID-19.

Pros

Benefits, Management, Learning, Career Growth, Support

Cons

Analysis of metrics and data, AI employee tracking

24/7 worklife

24/7 call centre, must be available for full time, very very difficult to accommodate around. Great atmosphere, friendly coworkers + managers. Poor technology, very little communication between departments.

Pros

Stability, security, decent pay

Cons

24/7 availability, little room to move up

Excellent management and culture

It’s a fantastic start career and have good training system. People in the group are all gentle and nice and also very enjoyable to work with. They appreciate all your work and effort.

Amazing Place to work

Really good company to work for. They care about their employees and have a great work culture. If I could I would have worked here for the rest of my working career. I had to move and no BCAA location to work for where I live. Amazing training programs and great pay. Good bonus as well. I would highly recommend working here.

Pros

Great culture, really good pay, good benefits

Cons

Non in my opinion

Good company

It was fun working in BCAA – the company’s generosity and organized. People are great to work with especially our Boss C. They offered me a very great salary for a beginner in Canada and as my first job.

team work, helpful, understanding and fun envoiroment

Really enjoy working at BCAA friendly work environment. a safe place to learn and grow. A workplace that understand and respects work/life balance.

BCAA at the time I was working there was a fantastic place to work with managers who saw the potential in you and wanted to elevate your growth within BCAA

Good benefits

Good team work and communication Good benefits Good hours Training program is good Good location for head office most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with team members

Excellent company, top-notch people

I am proud to have had an opportunity to work at BCAA. A dedicated management team that know how to live a "people-first" culture. The team environment is playful, hard-working and dedicated.

Best company to work with in BC

Very positive environment to work with, management is very open, transparent and professional. Their people first approach is the best!! I would recommend all new grads or professional to go and explore new opportunities at BCAA

Nice

Nice place to work management is very supportive and have always helped me to advance further pretty good pay for easy work and they pay for you to get your insurance license

Horrible Management

Great staff, great benefits, great work life balance... too bad the manager of the office ruins it. If you want to be judged, micromanaged and demeaned, this is the place for you!

Excellent Company

Training was excellent. They set you up for success. Management is strong. They give you coaching sessions every couple weeks. Overall a great company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCAA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement