BCAA Employee Reviews

Not a nice place to be
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 July 2018
They stressed that they didn't have quotas however, once you got past selling medical insurance it is all about quotas. Some managers will fire you if you are not a top seller. Work place was stressful, clock watchers, not good workplace - managers got bonuses based on what you sold. They say it's about customer service but don't give you the time to deliver good service.
Pros
Cafeteria had excellent food at good prices
Cons
Everything else
okay place to work
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 May 2018
you would not get enough support to go ahead in your career . will prefer to hire people from outside rather than helping you.
lot of stress but less salary .
Fun workplace
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 March 2018
You learn a lot in a short period of time.
Best part of the job is the customers. They're older and super nice!
It makes you actually look forward to come to work!
Pros
So many employee perks and benefits!
Cons
It's a sitting job, and can get a little repetitive.
Great experience in a head office with cross-functional teamwork
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 March 2018
BCAA pays well and provides great opportunities to its staff for upward and lateral movement. Working in its head office, I've had great experience working in groups across functional areas, and I've seen that staff in senior positions have largely come up through the ranks.

My main critcism is that the office itself is old and drab and very divided/dark in some areas. Management under a new CEO is trying to speed up the organization a bit (which is lethargic after 100+ years of relatively steady business) and there's definitely a bit of generational divide in the workplace when it comes to change adoption (older folks who've been in their jobs 20+ years are reluctant to move out of their comfort zone), which leaves some key systems/processes the business relies on outdated, though the desire to update and change is definitely there (and execution slowly creeps forward).
Pros
Office cafeteria, generous salary/benefits packages, head office exposure
Cons
Slow moving and cautious, boring office environment
Competive pay and Great positions
North America Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC12 March 2018
Have fair work schedules and great benefits, they put a lot of effort in training and educating staff. Steady pace of business, with opportunities for bonuses. Great work culture, would have given 5 stars but they got rid of the department I was working in and was not pleased with how they went about doing so.
Great place, good people, but culture is killing it
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 January 2018
That company brings up the sense of being too safe. So, some people are not interested in changes, which brings the sense of "if I don't do much is ok".
Good things coming
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 January 2018
My poor experiences were limited to the management and disorganization of the department I worked within; however, overall BCAA is an amazing organization with many great things coming down the line including work/life balance and culture shift.
great group of people to work with
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC14 July 2017
fun and challenging at times, most staff had been there for many years so we were at each others birthdays, weddings, baby showers and always dressed up at work for Halloween........was sad to learn the travel department isn't part of the group and more as insurance and travel was one big family
Pros
staff
Cons
hard to get time off
There are racists around, and they pay the least in the market
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 June 2017
There are racists around, and they pay the least in the market. My white colleagues turn their head when they come face to face with me! This is just disgusting. I cannot believe it.
Student Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 April 2017
Working at the service location was a great experience. I was hired for the position of the student service advisor and it was an amazing job. At the head office where our training a done, the trainers was great to work and to lean from.
Pros
Shift
BCAA Review
Insurance Advisor/Home Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 February 2017
Excellent benefits, Cares about its employees and was a very stream lined job. I enjoyed the people and the processes. Management is very ethical. I learned to have good sales and loved working in direct insurance sales. Hardest part of the job the work life balance. Occasionally I would work until 7pm when I would be off at 6pm and lived a distance away. Best part of the job was the clients.
Pros
Cares about employees
Wonderful support for growth and great benefits
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 September 2016
I would recommend BCAA to anyone looking for a supportive environment, who is ready to work hard but be rewarded on a regular basis with quarterly performance reflected bonuses, amazing medical and optional benefits and constructive critique by your peers and management. I only left because I had to move from BC ... if I could have worked remotely I would have! I now have a career, not just a job that I love and will continue to pursue in my new province.
Pros
Great people, great bonuses, amazing benefits
Cons
Sometimes will have to work past scheduled shift if with client
Caac
Customer Relations (MRTS Damage Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON5 July 2016
CAA has excellent training programs and a great culture. Volume of work is high, but manageable CAA is great to its employees and ensures that they are treated well.

Would highly recommend this employer.
Pros
culture and training
Cons
volume of work
Smart people are not appreciated
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON14 April 2016
Some managers are simply controlling every step of your work, very hard to please them.Constant stress.Overall, people are not happy especially in IT. Lots of office politics
Pros
clean office
Cons
IT team / managers
Productive ,professional and friendly place to work
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC1 March 2016
I had an excellent working experience at BCAA at the Maple Ridge office. I was part of a very professional team, unfortunately I had to move up north to assist my father so I had to quit the job, otherwise I would have gladly stayed with BCAA.
Pros
Good work environment, plenty of training, sales incentives
Cons
Working sundays
Room for growth within the corporation
Member Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 February 2016
Its a professional and fun environment to work in with plenty of room for movement and grow with in the corporation. The managers are very approachable and there is always new training every other month offered.
Great Work Environment
Outbound Calling (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 October 2015
I found my experience at BCAA to be very positive.

I learnt a lot. I've worked for BCAA as a Data Entry clerk and Outbound caller. In both of these positions BCAA was very flexible in how I approached problems.

My co-workers were very supportive, and encouraged me when I had questions.

My job title was unique as an Outbound caller, as BCAA typically doesn't call people actively. The hardest part of the job was the establishing a structure around the new practice, while learning the procedure for their calling system and note taking.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Contract Ended
Current Changes
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC7 August 2015
Right now BCAA has a anew CEO that's changing a lot, but because the head office is in Burnaby the PG office isn't acknowledged how it should be. We are a small town office that has a lot of potential but the staff's needs are being dismissed and therefore morale is down. We are constantly measured in sales and have targets for everything you can imagine, and instead of asking why we don't meet them, we're flooded with contests and incentives that we don't need. My boss is amazing and the staff are so kind, just be prepared to have SALES be your main / only focus.
Great company
Contract Network Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ontario16 July 2015
Not only is the business at CAA member driven the company as well viewed the employee's as member and treated each one of us as such. My time at CAASCO gave me opportunity to learn and develop not only my skills but acquire many more.

Starting as a member care counselor, I spent my final years supervising a group of 30+ associates to which I was able to help each one grow.
Pros
Opportunity to grow and advance your career
Cons
having to be available 24/7
a place you can learn a lot
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 May 2015
I have experienced a lot of learning from BCAA, they train new employees very good. Good work environment and nice co workers.
They always help each other out