BCAA

BCAA Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
It was fun working in BCAA – the company’s generosity and organized. People are great to work with especially our Boss C. They offered me a very great salary for a beginner in Canada and as my first job.
Very positive environment to work with, management is very open, transparent and professional. Their people first approach is the best!!

I would recommend all new grads or professional to go and explore new opportunities at BCAA
Great staff, great benefits, great work life balance... too bad the manager of the office ruins it. If you want to be judged, micromanaged and demeaned, this is the place for you!
Training was excellent. They set you up for success. Management is strong. They give you coaching sessions every couple weeks. Overall a great company.
BCAA is a company that has shown to be very committed to its employees. The culture is very inclusive and friendly with diverse backgrounds and skills
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Difficult to gain individual recognition
24 hour schedule
3 week vacations

technical and customer service based fast growing company along with difficult challenges

Must be flexible 100% of the time
A typical day at work was to close the previous days cash report and ICBC batching. I would move on to counting inventory and covering lunches for the front receptionist. Some meetings here and there in the afternoon and reconciling petty cash and floats before i left the office. The management was the best i have seen, very supportive and transparent.
Pros
benefits + vacation time
Cons
They stressed that they didn't have quotas however, once you got past selling medical insurance it is all about quotas. Some managers will fire you if you are not a top seller. Work place was stressful, clock watchers, not good workplace - managers got bonuses based on what you sold. They say it's about customer service but don't give you the time to deliver good service.
Pros
Cafeteria had excellent food at good prices
Cons
Everything else
you would not get enough support to go ahead in your career . will prefer to hire people from outside rather than helping you.
lot of stress but less salary .
You learn a lot in a short period of time.
Best part of the job is the customers. They're older and super nice!

It makes you actually look forward to come to work!
Pros
So many employee perks and benefits!
Cons
It's a sitting job, and can get a little repetitive.
BCAA pays well and provides great opportunities to its staff for upward and lateral movement. Working in its head office, I've had great experience working in groups across functional areas, and I've seen that staff in senior positions have largely come up through the ranks.

My main critcism is that the office itself is old and drab and very divided/dark in some areas. Management under a new CEO is trying to speed up the organization a bit (which is lethargic after 100+ years of relatively steady business) and there's definitely a bit of generational divide in the workplace when it comes to change adoption (older folks who've been in their jobs 20+ years are reluctant to move out of their comfort zone), which leaves some key systems/processes the business relies on outdated, though the desire to update and change is definitely there (and execution slowly creeps forward).
Pros
Office cafeteria, generous salary/benefits packages, head office exposure
Cons
Slow moving and cautious, boring office environment
Have fair work schedules and great benefits, they put a lot of effort in training and educating staff. Steady pace of business, with opportunities for bonuses. Great work culture, would have given 5 stars but they got rid of the department I was working in and was not pleased with how they went about doing so.
That company brings up the sense of being too safe. So, some people are not interested in changes, which brings the sense of "if I don't do much is ok".
My poor experiences were limited to the management and disorganization of the department I worked within; however, overall BCAA is an amazing organization with many great things coming down the line including work/life balance and culture shift.
fun and challenging at times, most staff had been there for many years so we were at each others birthdays, weddings, baby showers and always dressed up at work for Halloween........was sad to learn the travel department isn't part of the group and more as insurance and travel was one big family
Pros
staff
Cons
hard to get time off
There are racists around, and they pay the least in the market. My white colleagues turn their head when they come face to face with me! This is just disgusting. I cannot believe it.
Working at the service location was a great experience. I was hired for the position of the student service advisor and it was an amazing job. At the head office where our training a done, the trainers was great to work and to lean from.
Pros
Shift
Excellent benefits, Cares about its employees and was a very stream lined job. I enjoyed the people and the processes. Management is very ethical. I learned to have good sales and loved working in direct insurance sales. Hardest part of the job the work life balance. Occasionally I would work until 7pm when I would be off at 6pm and lived a distance away. Best part of the job was the clients.
Pros
Cares about employees
I would recommend BCAA to anyone looking for a supportive environment, who is ready to work hard but be rewarded on a regular basis with quarterly performance reflected bonuses, amazing medical and optional benefits and constructive critique by your peers and management. I only left because I had to move from BC ... if I could have worked remotely I would have! I now have a career, not just a job that I love and will continue to pursue in my new province.
Pros
Great people, great bonuses, amazing benefits
Cons
Sometimes will have to work past scheduled shift if with client
CAA has excellent training programs and a great culture. Volume of work is high, but manageable CAA is great to its employees and ensures that they are treated well.

Would highly recommend this employer.
Pros
culture and training
Cons
volume of work
Some managers are simply controlling every step of your work, very hard to please them.Constant stress.Overall, people are not happy especially in IT. Lots of office politics
Pros
clean office
Cons
IT team / managers