BC Public Service Agency Employee Review

View all BC Public Service Agency reviews

Closed-minded bullying culture
Office services supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burns Lake, BC18 June 2019
Working in the B.C. public service sucks. Despite the semblance of progress and order, I had next to no support and was paid a salary that was very close to minimum wage, despite having a master’s degree in public policy and many years relevant experience. They actively tried to keep me from moving in to better opportunities within the service. I was also discriminated against in a number of occasions for being a woman, and specifically being “friendly, young, and fit” ... I was asked to watch my personality as my boss worried that others may be finding me flirtatious despite there being nothing tangible that they could point to that was flirtatious or in any way inappropriate.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Very negative work culture

Other BC Public Service Agency Employee Reviews

Solid choice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cow Head, NL29 August 2019
Great team environment in the office I work in with a positive atmosphere, there will always be difficult problems that citizens need help with but attempting to make a positive experience can be really satisfying. Benefits are great and the same for part time employees as well. If you start as part time you may also get a lot more than 20hrs a week.
Pros
Benefits package / pension
Cons
Sometimes staff and citizens don't like gov't policy and procedures
Culture, aggressive
F021-Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 June 2019
Work is interesting. Do not expect fair treatment or back up by the union if you need it. Management is vindictive and hide behind beurocrisy. They want robots not individuality.