BC Place Employee Reviews

easy and fun jobe
Directional Host (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2018
BC Place directional host gives the opportunity to the employee to watch and enjoy the event (sport matches or concerts) while getting paid. The job is not difficult. It is either scanning tickets, directing the people to their seats or just checking that everything is ok.
Fun and productive place to work
Event Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2018
I have worked for BC Place for 4 years with Casual / Part Time Employment. The Culture is always fun as the events are Concerts, Sporting Events, Or Road Shows. You are Paired up with other team members.
Pros
Fun environment and good salery
Cons
Late night end shifts after Transit is not running
Workplace
EVENT HOST (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 March 2018
BC Place Stadium is a place where you learn every day something new with your coworker, supervisor and the guests.
It´s a fun a good place to work if you can handle tough situations when you have a problem to solve.
Pros
Place, enviroment.
Cons
Salary, benefits.
a great place thats exiting& meet new people into sports& fun
Concession stand worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 December 2017
a good place to work and you meet new people all the time and fun as they are there for sports and fun so its a great atmosphere to be in and everyine is welcoming and they like to show you how things work properly so you are good and confident to work
Pros
nice people
Cons
angry people and drunks
Fun Workplace
Event Host & Operations (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 December 2017
Great if you love interacting with people all day long. Sucks you dont get a say in your location from shift to shift. But seniority does come into play later on with placement and scheduling.
Friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 July 2017
A pretty relaxed environment, cordial, friendly staff and easy-going management. Expanded my knowledge on alcoholic beverages, and learned to use a cash register.
Horrible hours, Horrible managment, Friendly workers
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 July 2016
Hiring managers promised a fairly good amount of hours but after working for 2 months they started cutting hours down from 40 hours a week to 20 hours a week to 10 hours to no work for as long as 2 weeks. Completely unfair to the new hires who have bills to pay and turned down other jobs for BC Place.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Really short hours to no hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Warehouse Stock Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 July 2016
A typical day at work is a fun, fast paced work place. You get to see the outcome of your hard work during the week on event days. The most enjoyable part is that you are there during whitecaps games, lions football games, and even concerts and other events.
Pros
Working during the events
Cons
Some days can be very difficult, especially with events close together.
Challenging!
Conversions Specialist Tech (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2016
A typical day was preparing for the next event. Sometimes the turn around was very short but we always delivered on time!

I learned to use different tools and machines to get the job done.

My co-workers are smart and knowledgeable.

Hardest part of the job is keeping positive around the negative.

Most enjoyable part is working as a team to get the best results.
Pros
Having a great manager. He's respectful, understanding and fair.
Cons
No free Ruth's Chris dinners
Interesting Behind the Scenes Job
Production Runner (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 November 2015
I've worked several gigs at both Rogers Arena and BC Place. Both the people and the talent I've worked with have been pretty good.
Lots of hard intense work
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2015
lot's of dishes that come in wave's as chef classes finish. I was only hired for extra support in the kitchen. I leaned how to use a industrial size dish washing machine, my co-workers were rather hard to understand due to thick accent's. the hardest part of the job was carrying a the large cookie sheets back to their resting spot, the management was good the super visor checked on us making sure everything was running smoothly, I didn't really enjoy the job due to my back strain.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
My whiplash lead me to leave early due to intense leghbour
fun workplace
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 October 2014
Concession Worker.cashier, pour beer. management was good, co workers were great, hardest part was pouring beer, it is a skills that need some practice, watching the games on the screens in slow periods and being there when BC Lions won the grey cup.
Pros
lunches were provider
Cons
not enough hours for me
Fun workplace
Grill Cook, Cashier, and Stockroom worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2014
Strict management with good co-workers. Not bad for a part time job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
less hours
Excellent
HR/Labour Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 March 2014
A great environment to work. Various day to day HR procedures, guidelines and processes. The managers were all friendly and approachable. My workmates were helpful and supportive. The job was dynamic but fairly easy and I enjoyed having to learn new things everyday
Pros
I loved the hours
Cons
not enough orientation was provided at the start
Debatable
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  vancouver4 March 2014
Some times when the shifts are longer than four hours, you cannot get a 15 break of even a lunch break.

Tips are good depending on how you action with the customers, most of the other workers are interesting or rude or don't know how to communicate.
Pros
free lunch, tips, uniforms provided, lockers provided, nice coworkers
Cons
no breaks, long hours
Fun Place to work
Event Host (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC13 September 2013
Greeting guests answering questions were things are in the building scanning tickets. Co workers are awesome and all the staff management is great .
Pros
Getting paid to be at the sporting events
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Lively, fun, great place to work for a sports fan or passionate vancouver sports fans
Concessions worker (cook) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2013
A typical day at work would be you sign in and get dressed and then you get a catered lunch most of the time its like a sandwich or a wrap with a fruit and bottle of water. When you sign in they assign you to a stand where you could be doing a different type of job every time you go to work which in my case was not to my liking.

What i learned from the job was since i was working in the back where all the kitchen appliances were was to regularly check the temperatures of the refrigerated products and the cooked products so that they meet food safe standards and to prepare the right amount of food for the rushes during game intermissions.

The hardest part of the job is probably always having to be on call which is one of the reasons i couldn't continue working there, the only way you could possibly figure out some type of schedule would to look at the calendar and see when the games are and make time for it. The best part of working there was meeting all my new co-workers young and old it was really fun working with them.
Pros
free lunch lots of hours
Volunteer Work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 July 2013
One of the few students chosen by instructor to participate in this event.
Pros
Invaluable Experience
Cons
Tight schedule to work with to install everything
Fun and enthusiastic place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 May 2013
Enjoyed going to work and being put to the test on a daily basis. Being prepared for everything that was to be thrown at me was a great feeling Great team atmosphear
Pros
great place to work
Cons
had to leave for family reasons