BC Pension Corporation Employee Reviews

Good management
Full Stack Developer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 October 2018
Great company! Management and Executive staff were very helpful and approachable, great staff on all levels. Busy environment. Good pay. Nice work culture.
Horrible environment/clueless management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 April 2018
I was so excited to work here in the project world as they are undergoing some strategic changes. No one has a clue what they are supposed to be doing. Everyone works in tight silos and every manager I interact with treats me like an imbecile. Directors are horribly disorganized and incredibly disengaged. Meeting after meeting of irrelevant and senseless planning leads to a false sense of actually producing something. With so many other great places, skip the headache and work elsewhere. I know I will be soon.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Awful leadership=frustrated staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 February 2018
The leadership do not listen to staff. They are in a bubble and, even though they conduct a yearly employee survey, they don't do anything to address staff concerns.

Tons of governance, a high reliance on contractors, working completely in silos, mixed with archaic leadership and old, tired executives make this a truly horrible workplace. Fine to get your foot in the door of government but otherwise, not too much going for it.
Pros
Good staff (not valued)
Cons
Bad leaders, low pay, underclassification
A work family away from home
Client Service Benefit Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 June 2017
A great place to work with lots of advancement opportunities if you have the motivation to move forward with your career. The people there are friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
Pros
Great benefits
Temp position
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 September 2015
This was a temp position for 3 months and I hated it. Just data entry, management was not friendly and unwilling to train.
Transformation inflight
Change Management Specialist, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 September 2015
The organization is undertaking a large transformation, causing significant changes to the teams, and increasing challenges to the overall morale and trust in the organization. Teams are focused on improving culture and looking to support employees.
A very busy work environment with deadlines; always room to improve yourself.
Benefit Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 April 2013
A typical day of work would include phone work as well as greeting walk in clients; government employees. Phone work could be government employees as well as their human resources or area contacts.
There were several processes to complete for employees where we did pension estimates, purchase of service estimates and other general enquiries from employees. With government, co-workers come from many different enviroments and are very different. I work with anyone as I learned that you don't have to like everyone but you must work with everyone. I learned this early in my career with the government.
The hardest part of the job was receiving conflicting information from our supervisors of our specific plan.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with our clients and satisfying them with the information we provided.
Pros
satisfying job, taking a client from ignorance about their plan to preparing them for retirement.
Cons
like i said there were many mixed messages by our higher piers.