BC Housing
Coronavirus update
Information from BC Housing:

BC Housing Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
What I love about working for BCH? People. Everyone is willing to contribute his/her knowledge, experience, and best practice to improve the service. At BCH, it's important to grow as a team member, but also as an individual. There are so many resources available at indeed for you to grow.
so many unions that it's impossible to get anything done, and what does get done goes through a dozen layers of red tape. Management has no clue how IT actually works, and expects hourly progress updates on status. Training is non existent as that would take time away from the union staff, and there's no training union, so you're on your own.
great work life balance and learning opportunities, great training, very organized environment, team very collaborative, weekly meetings, management assuming decisions and planning in advance for program implementation, they were assuring training and procedures are in place
Pros
Lunch and learns, good team, learning opportunities
Cons
no cons
A decent crown corporation to work for, good benefits but lower salaries as compared to the private sector. No flexibility on hours or any work from home option.
-The concept behind their goals is great but the execution is too heavily dependent on outside pressure and management is too reactionary rather than proactive. Loads of micro-managing.
Very easy going, collaborative and team oriented. I have enjoyed the atmosphere while working here and the people make it very easy to fit in and get to know.
BC Housing is a great work environment, BC Housing staff support their tenants in order to achieve successful tenancy. The other workers hired at BC Housing are very professional.
I have enjoyed my 1 year as a contractor at BCHousing, hope to work with them again. They are dedicated and hard working, always listening to new ideas.
Pros
Work life balance, great people to work with, attentive management
Cons
Advancement and salary
BC Housing is a great place to work at. However, for the short time i have been here, i find that there's constant movement of start and my observation is based on limited room for growth. My job is satisfying but I don't feel the impact my role makes on the public we serve.

Over all, great working environment with an encouragement to have a good work life balance. Teleworking from home also provides some flexibility.
Pros
Work life balance, great support from senior management and colleagues are always willing to help
I work at BC Housing as a temporary employee, but the support and care from the supervisory staff is attentive and in-depth. The coworkers watch out for you, and their is a culture of patience and kindness when approaching new hires and seasoned employees alike. It can be tough dealing with client demands on occasion, but the staff looks out for everyone, and the work environment is very positive.
Fun, good work / life balance

Great organisation with dedicated fun staff that make it a nice place to work.

Improvement and direction is reviewed frequently
Well run organization but driven by self-promoting management. Many will step on to of you to make their way to the top. But there are also many good employees in the trenches who do all the really hard work.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Politically driven, self promoters.
Everyday was completely different. I got to interact with the public a lot, clean up the neighborhood, and a bunch more stuff
Responsible for designing new housing programs, evaluating the performance of older programs, and re-engineering them to increase the supply of affordable housing.
Fun place to work and learn. You get to meet and work with a lot of people , work on new technologies and platforms. Plus you get to volunteer a lot.
Pros
Good place to work and everybody is so helpful
Cons
Not much in terms of career progression
Great company to work for. Every day was a new learning experience. Staff and Co-workers were wonderful and very easy to talk to management. The most enjoyable part of this job was the daily interaction with the tenants.
I enjoyed working with a program that aided in assisting low income seniors and person with physical disabilities and/or diminished abilities. It has been a pleasure giving back to the vulnerable population through this wonderful grant assistance.
This position has given me the chance to utilize my interpersonal skills and provide friendly customer service which has been a strong role for me in my previous work history.
Pros
recieveing positive responses and gratitude from those who were in need of financial aid.
Cons
Screening applicants and informing those that were in need that they did not meet the requirements.
This office has closed. I have lead the office and team, coordinated the work for the team and worked close with clients and shareholders.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BC Housing. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3