BC Children's Hospital

BC Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Very Interesting Exposure
This contract position gave me new insight into a very specific area of BCCH, located at Sunny Hill.
Most of my day to day role was liaising with provincial stakeholders in the province and getting to know the inner workings of Nursing Support Services.

The team was creative and intelligent and taught me a lot. Everyone treated me like a valued member of something bigger, and I appreciated the opportunity I had, even if it was only for a year.
great experience
learned to think on my feet and gained a great reference. I recommend if you have just graduated and are looking for experience. You get out what you give to the time you spend there.
Sexist Work Environment. Very Political.
The work culture is very sexist and political. There are employee gangs and cults for every station and department. It reminds me of a high school when the teacher walks out of class. It's all a game of who you know. As a new employee regardless of the degree or experience you bring to the table, nothing is taken under consideration. Their are massive problems in the way management treats their team.
Pros
You get to say you work at a Children's Hospital
Cons
Horrible envorment, no parking, rude managment
Nursing
Great training for new grads. Friendly staff. At times unsafe working conditions due to low staffing. Lots of supports and resources. Minimal formal training post job.
nice
always a fun and nice place to work all the nurses doctors and patients you meet. I love working a bc childrens hospital definality recomend it.You will always see a smile on everyones face
Collaborative Work Place
Working at the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute, it is clear it is a place of innovation and collaboration to achieve the best possible research to aid those working in health care around the world.
Good job but too far to commute
I've been here for over a year and found the drive just too far, as I live in the suburbs. The job itself if quite simple and straightforward. Since we are unionized, we are bound by the contract, which is good and bad. Great extended benefits.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long comute
Great Friendly Helpful staff who really care.
I enjoyed working here staff and management were very helpful in assisting me and helped me figure out such a large hospital surroundings and very organized and clean working environment. definitely a great career choice for those who would like to clean and help elderly and sick children who could use your services and friendly smiles,
Pros
friendly staff great benefits for those willing to commit, excellent management team.
Support growth.
Difficult to move laterally within PHSA, more realistic to move up then to a different kind of nursing. Overall the management is supportive though of your growth WITHIN your current practice.
great place and great staff!
Great place to work and such a dynamic environment where you can advance your skills and knowledge.

BCCH has the most advanced technology in healthcare which makes the delivery of care more effective.
good
Volunteered in a lab at BC children's hospital as a research assistant. Everyone there was nice, helpful, and supportive of my own goals and learning. Would recommend to others.
its a good workplace and i hope to have more days but we are full staff
Its a fast pace job and challenging, but i like it, its learning and fun to mingled people. co-workers are great, very professionals.
Hardest part are when parents are rude and grumpy. but enjoyable part are when patients and parents are so nice and when the doctors treat us for coffee and muffin :).
productive
It was rewarding to be able to help the ill children in the school inside the hospital.
Inspiring place to work
A typical day at work is busy and requires lots of ineraction with clientelle I have learned many things since working at Children's, too much to write about. The most enjoyable part of the job is ineracting with the children and families
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BC Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5