BC CENTRE FOR ABILITY Employee Review

View all BC CENTRE FOR ABILITY reviews

A great place to work
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver24 May 2019
A great place to work with supportive colleagues and administration. A fun job, working with children and families in the community (their homes, preschools / daycares, etc.). Very rewarding and interesting work. Lots of support for education and initiatives.
Pros
Great colleagues, supportive staff

Other BC CENTRE FOR ABILITY Employee Reviews

Great company overall
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  BC24 May 2019
A great company to work for with good benefits and pension plan. The pay could be higher based on the degree levels of the therapists, but is standardized with the HSA union across the province. The atmosphere is improving to have more open and honest communication with a new and amazing Executive Director.

Work load is stressful but manageable. New directors are also working to improve this overall.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in children's lives every day and being a part of a great team!
Pros
Benefits, pension plan, job security, flexible hours, professional
Cons
Work load and pay
Improving every day
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 May 2019
I have been with the company since 2004 and while I have always enjoyed working here there are recent changes that have led to a much improved workplace culture. Management engages with staff at all levels. My work involves being in the office for writing reports and meetings but the most enjoyable part is connecting with families and community partners which we do at the Centre, in families' homes and in other community settings. There is a lot of satisfaction in the connections that we make with the families we serve.

The hardest part of the job is the waitlists. Unfortunately, due to lack of government funding to keep up with an increase in the number of families that need to be served, families are having to wait longer for the services we can offer. This, combined with staffing shortages puts pressure on everyone. Supervisors are understanding and realistic in what staff can reasonably carry for a workload, but as a caring profession it is still hard when we aren't able to see everyone as quickly as we would like. We constantly are trying to find ways to help more families sooner.

Overall I am happy with where I work and I would recommend it to a friend.
Pros
Lots of support from the team, management that listens, flexible schedule
Cons
staffing shortages, waitlists