BC CENTRE FOR ABILITY Employee Reviews for Physiotherapist

3.7Pay & Benefits
3.6Job Security & Advancement
Improving every day
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 May 2019
I have been with the company since 2004 and while I have always enjoyed working here there are recent changes that have led to a much improved workplace culture. Management engages with staff at all levels. My work involves being in the office for writing reports and meetings but the most enjoyable part is connecting with families and community partners which we do at the Centre, in families' homes and in other community settings. There is a lot of satisfaction in the connections that we make with the families we serve.

The hardest part of the job is the waitlists. Unfortunately, due to lack of government funding to keep up with an increase in the number of families that need to be served, families are having to wait longer for the services we can offer. This, combined with staffing shortages puts pressure on everyone. Supervisors are understanding and realistic in what staff can reasonably carry for a workload, but as a caring profession it is still hard when we aren't able to see everyone as quickly as we would like. We constantly are trying to find ways to help more families sooner.

Overall I am happy with where I work and I would recommend it to a friend.
Pros
Lots of support from the team, management that listens, flexible schedule
Cons
staffing shortages, waitlists