BBE Hydro Constructors Employee Reviews

It was a good job
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Manitoba23 July 2019
Most people were great camp was good lots to do after work travel was tough long shifts money was good summer was nice winter was cold the job was very safe good safety Culture the local people were nice
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
Cold winters
Excellent place to work
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB19 June 2019
The hours are very long but the pay is excellent. 20 days on and 8 days off . Camp was new and the camp food excellent. workers were very well treated
Pros
very good pay
Cons
Away from family for 3 weeks at a time
Fast paced environment with new situations everyday
Labour Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB17 May 2019
Working as a Labour Relations Advisor for the first time was so exciting for me. I've always been a people person and someone who genuinely cares about the well being of others and wanted to improve that. I gained experience there that would have taken me years to gain anywhere else. It was fantastic!
Big environnement and a big project
Batch plant superintendant (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB14 April 2019
One of my favorite big construction project. There's a lot of stuff going on and you always have someone to help you to achieve your goals. Understanding people all over the place. Sometimes some person are rude but always honest and in the interest of the project.
Pros
Lot of ressource
Cons
long shift
Lovely group of people
Civil/Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Keeyask8 February 2019
Overall the company was good. tools were always top notch and readily available. Engineering group is the best. The money was good but not great considering being away from your family for 3 weeks at a time
Pros
food
Cons
some rooms are pretty small and noisy
short lived
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB2 January 2019
Overall the company was good. tools were always top notch and readily available. I found that there were almost as many foreman's and superintendents as there were workers. The money was good but not great considering being away from your family for 3 weeks at a time.
Pros
camp was definitely adequate
Cons
2.5 hours from nearest gas station or civilization. And not the good food.
Camp Job with 20/7 work turnaround
Lead Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB2 January 2019
Camp was new and clean and salary and benefits were more than industry standards but the management and organizational order within the consortium was missing.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Organization
Poor management
Serviceman (Former Employee) –  Keeyask1 January 2019
Unions don’t stick up for workers as they claim to... too many cliques between management and out-of-province workers. Camp food is hit and miss. Too many grievances between trades.
Pros
Money is great
Cons
Long days, poor morale
It was a fun fast passed enviroment
Red Seal Electrical Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2018
I really enjoyed on the job training the group of guys i worked with.
It was very exciting to watch the construction on how a Dam is created and the safety that's needed to be in place.
Environnement productif et tres engager en santé et sécurité
Contremaitre maintenance soudure (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB25 May 2018
Journée de travaille de 13/heures par jours 7 jours semaine, horaire de 21 / 7 , supervision de 7 soudeurs et 2 apprentis , préparer et planifie la schedule de maintenance avec l équipe de production, et les contremaîtres des mécaniciens. Appliquer les programmes de santé et sécurité journalier .Fly/ in , Fly/out donc sur rotation très difficile de conjuguer travail famille. Énormément de valorisation personnel car projet d une des plus gros centrale électrique au Canada
Pros
Logement 5 étoiles, Le plus beau camp au Canada
Cons
Transport par avion et temps de vol sur nos jours de congé!
Not liking the planning and coordination of this project. The travel isn't to convenient the families of the employee
IW (Current Employee) –  Intake, Service Bay, Tailrace, Spillway i10 May 2018
Not impressed with planning and coordination on this project. The income can be substantial if your allowed to work the hours. Otherwise taxes are high in Manitoba compared to other Provinces. Travel has been increasingly inconvenient in respect to practical and convenient International Airports to fly from on the West coast. The rooms are a satisfactory size with your own washroom and shower facilities. I have gone 21 days with my room being cleaned once and same goes with the bedding. Meals are okay and you have choices for what you'd like to eat. People generally are respectful and considerate.
Pros
I get to provide for my family.
Cons
21/7 schedule and wound nicer if it was 14/7
not a bad place to work
Utility driver/teamster (Current Employee) –  Gillam, MB16 March 2018
21/7 is what gets you it would be a lot better if it was 14/7 hard on the wife and kids only being home for 3 months a year sometimes travel can be a bit rough
Pros
good food
Cons
not enough hours
High level of turnaround
Député Associé aux approvisionnements (Former Employee) –  Manitoba9 March 2018
Not a place to be happy, not paid by the hours but yearly, when breaking down the numbers you ending up with little into your pocket
Pros
Food was outstanding
Great camp, Great Money, Good Management
Carpenter Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Northern Manitoba4 January 2018
Great place to work, Lots of room for advancement with the right attitude. However unless you want to be away from home for 3 weeks at a time its not the job for you.
Pros
Big money and long hours
Cons
Away from home
Well run project
General Superintendent (Area Lead) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2017
Excellent project with room for advancement. Very challenging schedule and strict requirements. Client contractor relationships were fostered at every level.
Interesting project
Telebelt Operator (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB10 June 2017
No return for me since I excercised my right to refuse. The crew of operators did very well considering extensive delays due to formwork, steel, and quality concerns.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
travel arrangements, procurement of concrete pumps and belts
All right money / good place to work
Teamster/Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 February 2017
Didn't really like my home time taken away..money was alright ..camp really nice..all equipment new and well taken care of...dorms and rooms very nice..people good to work with
Pros
Money
Cons
Not enough days off
What do you want me to say???
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Manitoba21 December 2016
Good place to work. Other than that not much else is. Not sure why I must put twenty words to describe this place. I will just keep typing until Indeed is satisfied.
great place to work camp setting with alot of stuff to do
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 December 2016
good hours 7am to 5pm, great salary I have learned a lot with this company stuff I wouldn't of known my foreman was awesome my co workers though me a lot . the hardest part was being away from my family for extended periods of time
Pros
free food and 3 square meals a day
Cons
far from home
The people are great, away from home too much
Manager Labour Relations (Current Employee) –  Remote Northern Manitoba5 November 2016
Long hours constant challenges, stressful. Camp is nice and food is good. It has a good exercise facilities and entertainment.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stress