Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa

Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
busiest place in the park. good money, 6 days a week can get tiring. my managers were super nice. i was in the newer dorms and they were nice. lot of us sharing a double kitchen. need a bigger living room in the dorms. hiring process was easy. would recommend as a summer job for sure
Management does not interview properly to screen staff and is distrustful of staff (monitors cameras constantly to spy on staff). Management was often rude or disrespectful and will quickly fire anyone who makes the slightest wave.
Staff accommodation is unclean and in disrepair, staff lunches are reused for several days and long after the food has gone bad (mac and cheese served for 4 days was green by the end), often making staff members sick.

Bonuses will be held as long as possible, management will find any excuse not to give you your bonus at the end of the summer.
Cons
long hours, poor treatment
Spent 2 summers working in Waterton at the Bayshore Inn (2017 and 2018)- specifically serving in the Chophouse Restaurant. Loved my time there. Yes- hard work for sure (typically one day off a week) but that's why i was there. Tips were great, view was amazing. Met amazing people and loved enjoying the outdoors while there (hiking especially). Management was lovely and supportive. Highly recommend - only challenge is that b/c the town is small, getting out to get supplies (shop, groceries etc) can be a bit of a pain.
I loved my summer in Waterton! Work was busy during the day, but once the shift was over I could take in the beauty of the park. It is the most stunning place to be. Most of the people are fairly young, so there's a lot hangouts, group hikes, shenanigans... :)
As a server I was surprised you don't keep your tips every night...but I was allowed to check my tip totals whenever, and could see a breakdown of the tip out that went to the kitchen staff. It was fair. At the end of my contract I got a fat check of all my tips together! That helped because I spent my wages going out lol.

I had serving experience coming in, but some of the other people did not. But it all worked out, its not anywhere as fast and crazy as Toronto was.

I will probably go back next year! They seem to like re-hiring past employees, I just got sent another contract!
Zero respect given to staff. Micro managed on and off the clock like nothing I have seen before. Accommodations are sub par and they are constantly threatening you with “fines” if you don’t clean up after the children you live with. Can’t even sit on a pic mic table passed a certain hour. Huge tip out which none of goes to the bartenders but the owner takes a cut. If you respect yourself don’t work here
2 March 2020
We are so sorry to hear you felt there was no respect given to staff, we try and work hard to create a culture that nourishes growth both in the workplace and outside of it.We have just completely renovated all our staff accommodations and added new kitchens in all dorms, i am sure you would be impressed! Everyone has a day to clean the common room and take out the garbage in the dorms, if you miss it we charge to pay housekeeping to come up and do your cleaning duty. That is in the accommodation agreement you sign before you arrive, you missed yours, i am sorry you were not happy with that policy but it was not fair on the others you shared your accommodations with that clean up after you. The picnic benches you are referring to are under guest rooms and we do not let staff sit on them and make noise after 11pm, that is out of courtesy for our hotel guests. There are plenty of benches all over the park that you can sit on anytime of the night. The tip out is 5% and that is in the contract you sign before you arrive. That is a low tip out for a 4 star restaurant in which the average tip is over 20%. You also have bussers, hostesses, food runners, kitchen and shift leaders, that is a lot of support staff and we feel they deserve at least that much of a tip out. The owners DO NOT take a cut, that is illegal and a lie. We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us but when you were leaving you thanked everyone for the opportunity and wanted to return for another season. We wish you the best in your future.
I worked at Bayshore Inn Resort and spa as a server in one of the company's restaurants.

It was a fun and fast-paced work environment with friendly staff and a good management team.

All in all, The town of Waterton and working at the Bayshore Inn was a great experience and I would recommend.
10 years working for this company because you get treated so well it’s hard to ever leave. Family owners and managers treat you like family. Every summer you make life long friendships with co workers from all over canada
Pros
Cheap living, good pay, good tips, good bonus
Cons
it was good, work started at 830 and would go to 4 with possible overtime they trained well and the supervisors were good and they were good with making us work
Pros
staff lunch beautiful view
Cons
constant work few breaks
You basically work to live. You won't have any money leftover. There is a lot they don't tell you, like you need to buy your own hand soap and toilet paper for the dorm washrooms. Coffee isn't included in breakfast. Also-- the meals suck. Be prepared to starve, especially if you are vegetarian/vegan.
No one is properly trained.. have fun figuring out everything on your own. The only good thing about this place is the scenery and mountains. Do yourself a favour, stay in Calgary and drive to Banff on the weekends to get your nature time in. Don't waste your time at this awful company
13 February 2018
You are right, you have to provide your own soap and toilet paper but isn't that normal when you rent a place? There is no coffee with breakfast but you get 50% off in the Starbucks which is pretty good but they don't cater to Vegans in the Staff Cafe. Training could be better but i had a blast!
The worste place ever... they get you to live in staff housing, pay for staff meal plan and let you run up a tab at their bar. Then when u finally get paid once a month they take off all the deductions owing and give you whatever is left over.. I would strongly recommend not working here.
Pros
Being in waterton
Cons
Anything to do with the Bayshore
13 February 2018
Not sure when you worked at the Bayshore but staff meals are free and it costs $12 per day to live there. They DO NOT let you run a tab, i wish they did! They pay more than anyone in the park and now pay twice a month.
Lots of hours, my accommadations were good and I was treated very fairly and well. Pay is very good and fun co-workers. I would recommend Bayshore Inn as a good place to work. To bad the season is too short.
Awesome people to work with. I made lifelong friends there, just don't get paid enough to live.
You get off work early so you can party which is awesome! And you live with everyone but by the time you pay your bills, food and rent, you maybe have $150 left of your paycheck. Also you only get paid monthly
As a former sous chef here.
The kitchen runs well. Not any training.

Watch for the spies.

Microscopic management makes working here very difficult. And they feed the staff whatever leftover slop they can find. So if you are applying for this sous chef position. Remember to bring your own coffee. And do not associate with your staff. And bring your veg peeler.
Pros
Free slop
Cons
Long days
The only hotel located on the shores of beautiful Waterton Lake, the Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa provides everything needed for the perfect mountain getaway. The hotel offers spacious rooms, amazing dining experience, boutique shopping ,Waterton's only Spa and the gorgeous lakeside views are just a few of the reasons to stay over there and work there.
There was no hard part of the job. After a tiring a day, when you walk near the lake for just 5 mins its just worth it seeing the beautiful view and the lake.

The co-workers are very friendly all from different province. Its a 6 months summer contract job. Everything closes down during the winter time.
Pros
Breath taking view
Cons
Salary less
It is a beautiful hotel that is very well managed. I loved the opportunity and was able to meet some great people.
They higher too much untrained staff. Better trained and higher payed staff could manage the work here more efficiently
Pros
if you like nature this is a great place to be
Cons
very low wages