Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

Absolutely horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 January 2018
Very gossipy group. Talk about employees openly with other coworkers. They do not like when you stand up for yourself or have a problem in the work environment. Horrible HR department, they feel it's ok to mess up your pay and just fix it later on. Alot of run around and when there's a problem nobody in the office wants to deal with it. They put alot of pressure on employees to work when there are call in's, even if you are at school and have certain availability. Communication is horrendous and management is a joke. They pay peanuts for travel, when you're using your own vehicle and worst part is that there is no travel time whatsoever. Hardly any info on clients, you go in blind. They feel it's ok to send employees to unsafe clients, clients with vicious pets and clients who have history of violence toward workers. The pay is most definitely not worth the headache and stress, especially if you've made it clear that you will not be treated poorly. Big turnover in staff and now from experience, I understand why. I will never recommend any work for this disastrous company! Do yourself a favor and find another employer, please!
Pros
Clients are wonderful
Cons
Pay isn't worth the stress!
I really enjoyed as a community nurse,
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 January 2018
My experience working at Chatham location.
I loved visiting patients in their homes, using all my RPN skills, training was great, IV administration, wound care, 3M, palliative care, vac dressings , communicating with physicians, CCAC/ lhin, etc.
As for the office, it is all family, they bully field staff, they do not support field staff nurses, heaven for bid do not over work yourself and ask for help, as they do not offer help, they make it very difficult and very uncomfortable settings, they will set you up for failure, they supply you with work tools that do not work so you are unable to do your work efficiently. Then they will threaten your licence. I went out of my zone to help , work very long hours , bent over backwards for this company, to be treated badly . You will not have a life if you work for this company.

Good luck.
Pros
training
Cons
family, no support, unperfessional office staff. and bulling
Flexible hours, good staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 January 2018
I loved working for Bayshore, it was flexible in that you could choose what hours you wanted to work. I miss meeting and taking care of new people. Always can pick up more hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule, autonomous work environment
Cons
pay and benefits are lacking
changing environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 January 2018
My typical day is usually too rushed. I have understanding management and sometimes a great workplace culture depending if you in the community or doing residential care. The hardest part of the job is running out of time with a disabled resident and the most enjoyable part of the job is going place to place for the next client.
Pros
schedule sometimes allows for free time between jobs
Cons
not enough tiem to spend with client
Loved the care and compassionate they showed for their clients.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2018
Management was very understanding and supportive. Always had caring kind fellow employees. The paper could have been a little better but other than that it was a great job.
psw
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 January 2018
they are a very good company, nice people and fun to be with. they give their client a comfortable environment giving them stress free and no fear. i would recommend them
Independent and hands on
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 January 2018
I’ve worked with Bayshore over 8 years . Started in bc location also worked in Alberta location. Always a very fair place to work . Independent working environment.
Pros
Independent
Cons
No job security . On call
no reimbursement so at the hospital u make $9 hourly
Companion (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 January 2018
I was hired as a companion and got two hour shifts and there which is great if you re 14 and it's your parents car. As well they don't reimburse you for parking so when you finally do get an eight hour shift at say the hospital, off your new MINIMUM WAGE pay of 14 bucks an hour you will take home only $9 bucks an hour.
Pros
Get to meet condescending staff
Cons
Your interview won't be with the time you stay
good salary, working hours,
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2018
Working with Bayshore is really good. good pay, care coordinators are very helpful and understands your every little request regarding scheduling. Supervisors are also very helpful and available. Good training provided before work.
Fun Environment to work in
Client Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2018
Shift starts at 8:30am-4:30pm

Service clients to find them with a health care provider that will help them with the needs that they are looking for.

Schedule RN,RPN ans PW with clients on a daily basis.

Filling, Faxing, Answering phones and e-mails

co-workers are great to work with.
relaxed work environment and supportive staff
RPN/LVN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario Canada29 December 2017
I enjoy working with Bayshore as the environment is relaxed and all staff are very supportive. I enjoy working with them as it makes me happy to help family members with their loved ones care. Families are very appreciative which makes me do for them.
Pros
Cons
low salary
Terrible experience
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 December 2017
This company expects a lot from their workers but doesn't want to return the favour. A typical "live in" shift is a 24 hr shift. You get paid for 13 of the 24hrs at $17 per hr, with a mandatory unpaid 3 hr break. They call it a sleeping shift, which is why they don't pay for for the 8 hrs even though you're expected to get up and toilet residents up to 3 times throughout the night. I don't fall asleep immediately and I can tell you, having to get up 3 times is exhausting and makes falling asleep very difficult.
Another downfall is they only give you 10 mins for traveling from one job to the next which is virtually impossible.
When I was hired, it was for a new complex care client and the job was very demanding. I was told the pay would be higher due to this and that it was definitely a full sleeping shift. Then they phoned me telling me they expected me to work 3/24 hr shifts in a row and that the pay was no different than any other client and when I told them I was no longer interested, they told me I was leaving them in a bind.
I have a very low opinion of this company and believe that the positive reviews are being left by admin or management staff.
excellent
Licensed Practical Nurse, Drug Testing Division (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS28 December 2017
Great employer, always concerned with my satisfaction and safety on the job. Easy to talk to about my concerns. Provides me with all the tools necessary to do a good job.
Not bad
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 December 2017
Bayshore isn't a terrible place to work, however, they are continuously hiring while not ever having enough work for their current nurses. This makes it impossible to have as and only job.
So far so good
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC (Kelowna)19 December 2017
I'm a novice PN living in a remote area. Started with Bayshore a while ago and so far so good

Good communication between the office and myself as my offices based out of Kelowna. (I'm in FSJ)

I got the salary I was asking for. The mileage pay is decent and there's benefits over all, I'm not complaining.
Pros
Milage pay, benifits, work load based on your availability
Cons
Can be last min clients
great clients to work with
PSW (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 December 2017
learned lots of new things to make my job even better lots of great clients and very productive and improving ways to make things better and easier to to my job
Force you to do unsafe things
PSW (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 December 2017
They book you in for less than 6 hours sleep sometimes between your evening and day shifts, and threaten to fire you if you say no. They cut the definition of "full time" to get rid of everyone's benefits. If you complain about an unsafe work environment, they don't do anything and tell you to go back.
Minimum hours given
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
They gave my minimum hours of work.
No coverage for gas or traveling.
The best part is co-workers and clients.
I like that I work independently even though I am "Assistant".
Management is not bad.
Pros
Letting me work independently
Cons
minimum hours
Good place
Sitter (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick23 November 2017
I really enjoyed working there.they where very accommodating and helpful good hours and money good plans and very good staff and good susport system in place.
One of the very best Community Nursing Service Providers!
Community Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON20 November 2017
If you are looking for Nursing employment to enhance your skills and practice experience, Bayshore is the place for you! This company is superior to all other Community Nursing Providers.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Salary to appropriate ranges, Education ~ constantly updating skills as per Best Practices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.