Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

London branch
PSW (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 February 2017
We have a new area director She s fantastic
Great team
I m an employee of Bayshore and I love my team
If you are looking for a new job ...
Come and join us
Pros
Love it
people are very professional
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
good place and people to work with. benefits, salary and work environment are one of the best. i would highly recommend working at bayshore. so many good people and staff.
Bayshore was a great
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2017
I loved working for Bayshore clients and field staff were pleasant to work with. I would still be there if it wasn't for the area director and manager of the branch at the time of my employment. I left as it was very stressful environment to work in with AD and MNG. They are no longer emplyed with Bayshore. If I had an opportunity to return I would love to work with Bayshore again.
Pros
Excellent field staff and clientele
Always fun
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2017
I love the championship you can build with clients and the office employees. Even though you barely see them it still felt like you have known them your whole lives.
Pros
your own schedule
Cons
traveling
Nice staff to work with
Staff Nurse / in home nursing care (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 January 2017
Enjoyed working in community doing private duty. Flexible hours/ shifts. Good management. Very supportive.

Several learning opportunities provided.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
winter weather, bad roads not plowed out before 7 am shift
support
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2017
More support from employer to employee is needed, as nurses are out in the community working independently they could use the assistance of the office a little more
ok
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 January 2017
The clients are amazing....for other stuff within the company lack of communication always. There are good and bad thongs in a lot of places you work,,, rather not say anything negative.
Pros
some stuff amazing
Cons
not enough money
Would defiantly recommend
RPN (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 January 2017
Management is awesome, very caring and friendly. With my branch I always get 40 hours + a week. Theres a lot of paid training online, on site and off site. Bonuses for taking extra shifts and gas money. Most shifts are 8-12 hours. Ive worked for 2 other home care companies and they do not compare
Pros
paid training, incentives, gas money
Cons
can't think of any
They don't care about employees or patient care
Community Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 January 2017
They only cared about having a warm body to fill the assignment. The scheduling staff is rude. No professional support. Disorganized. They kept firing all the good management that spoke up for the staff or patients.
Cons
No Flexibility, non-productive and judgmental management
Able to utilize diverse skills and access resources beneficial to clients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON and area16 January 2017
Schedule varied day to day. Time management mandatory to accommodate schedule. Courses and in-services required to attain best practice.
Developed skills in areas of time management, in-home dialysis, palliation and wound care to name some.
Due to geographical issues, management was not always able to assist RNs and RPNs as it affected adequate communications.
Co-workers formed a cohesive and supportive team, which allowed a high level of care to the clients with continuity of care.
The most difficult part of the job was the travelling. Usually 200-400kms per day with inadequate compensation for fuel and maintenance of own vehicle.
Experienced much joy in interacting with clients, providing care and accessing resources to encourage positive therapeutic relationships and aid in clients' recovery.
Pros
Ability to utilize broad base of knowledge and diverse nursing skills
Cons
Extensive travel with large cachement area.
Productive environment to help residents increase their mobility
PHYSIOTHERAPY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 January 2017
Exercise classes, ambulation programs, balance and strengthening exercises with numerous fun and caring clients. I learnt to be prompt, flexible, time management and increased my communication skills. My coworkers were fun and made going into work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was getting attached to a resident and them passing away. The most enjoyable part the job was hearing so many amazing stories of peoples lives and how society has changed
Challenging working with other jobs
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 January 2017
I did enjoy working for Bay Shore for I cared for some very nice seniors & helped out a family for a few months . I did find the company weren't very organized about scheduling shifts a head in time & expected me to run out the door on very little notice.
I did work with some nice girls and also gained more knowledge working on my own .
Pros
Making new friends
Cons
Not being thanked
Worst Experience Ever
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC11 January 2017
Rave about being a top employer in Canada, not sure how. I was completely taken advantage of. Poor management, no respect for employees, really could care less if you quit or not. Schedule changes all the time to accommodate new employees. Lack of communication, coordinators are terrible. Changing things last minute and blaming employee for not checking schedule.
If a client complains they say due to staff - changes had to be made. Well if the staff was happy, this problem wouldn't be an issue and they would stay.
I would never recommend this company, ever.
Not taking clients complaints seriously, seems to always be blame
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management.
Would not Recommend
Pcw (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 January 2017
I would not recommend this company, at least in Kelowna. Management is scattered, schedules done up a day in advance. Do not follow through on commitments or promises. Favouritism to employees as far as hours etc. I was extremely disappointed in the lack of compassion or values etc.
More organization is required for this branch to be truly successful.
Learning experiences
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 January 2017
My work experiences have been great exercises in learning the skills and team work with other employees. Hours are flexible as is time off. Employees can pick up extra shifts if they wish.
Pros
exposure to wide variety of skills.
Horrible place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC4 January 2017
The Management is always very rude, the hours are horrible, no benefits and the wage is low. They continue to hire new staff when there is no hours for the current workers. The company only allows workers to refuse work if their hours is under 1.5 hours. There has been times where a had to work an hour at 9am and come back to work a half an hour at 1pm and even after calling in they made no effort to try and get rid of the visits or to fill in the HUGE time gap.
Pros
Cons
No hours, lower
great job if you have enough hours to sustain a quality of living
Personal Support worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
I go to clients in the community so l travel a lot. I provide basic care for the client. l learn other peoples life stories and experiences .I don't see any co-workers as I work in the community. the hardest part is losing a client and regaining those hours. I love being of services and providing hope and honesty.
Pros
freedom to travel to the clients and meet different social econmical incomes
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work at. Managers are awesome
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 December 2016
Great atmosphere. Managers are great as far as scheduling and dealing with issues employees have. The hours are as much as you want them to be depending on your availability.
Great company to work for.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 December 2016
This is a great company to work for they will work with your schedual and family life. They have benifits for both part time and full time. This company treats you as one of the family.
Pros
Benifits for both full and part time workers
Cons
Sometimes spilt shifts
Highs and lows
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  York Region10 December 2016
There are good and bad in all companies. You get to schedule your own patient times. Paid flat rate mileage is nice. Autonomy. Director is great. High turn over in managers. Interaction with your co-workers maybe once a month.