Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

independant
LPN (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 March 2017
Working with Bayshore requires independent working with the support of your supervisor whenever needed. A wonderful place to work. Supportive environment.
Pros
traing provided when needed
Cons
work schedules may change as clients become well
Good work place, management is unsteady
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 March 2017
I love working with people and I love being busy and fast paced all the while educating and providing the best care possible. Bayshore does offer a variety of nursing skills to be learned. Although if there is no work I don't work with makes me uneasy .
benefits
Cons
long driving
Flexible scheduling
RN (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 March 2017
Great flexible scheduling, worked independent. Team was supportive when needing support, example if a second opinion was needed on a client condition or care needs.
Pros
flexible
Cons
unpredictable income
great management and scheduling team
Registered Practical Nurse, Community Care (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 March 2017
great company, decent pay for new RPNs, no security when working with one on one clients, community nursing is not for everyone all depends on the clients you get to work with. All staff at bayshore have been very kind and supportive
Pros
good staff
Cons
no security for hours
good company to work with
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
they gave more shifts that are convenient for the health care aides, i learned so many skills and knowledge through trainings they have, the management are lenient and approachable. the hardest part of the job was travelling in winter times but the most enjoyable part was being a part of the health care team and able to render professional home care to the clients who needs most.
Not Bad
Registered Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Private13 March 2017
It's a pretty decent place to work. Not perfect though. Scheduling is been quite good compared to other organizations that I have worked at. Hrs are pretty consistant. Training is neglected though, but supervisors pretty much leave you alone. All in all I recommend Bayshore
Pros
Independent, decent scheduling
Cons
Substandard training
Wow amazing weather!
PSW (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 March 2017
Starting my sun shining day happy, I get to go to a busy multi-cultural environment helping and assisting others with their needs. A great feeling to help others! Residents/clients/patients are depending on us to make their illness better by relieving stress, a moment of happiness, relieved! On my breaks I take residents outside for walks volunteering my time with them. I've learned if you go the extra mile, you can make a difference in someone's life. A rewarding feeling. Taking risks involving Management is so worth it cause you have a voice. Respect is demanded in all areas of the organizations. Management is always their for encouragement, and motivate us to improve in areas needed to be the best. Its an open door policy that allows us to express any concerns at the same time rectify any issues. They are our leader's that we follow. These organizations are a multi-cultural based personnel. Learning other cultures can be exciting but understanding is the key. Listening skills are so important in retaining information with every aspect of the organization. Communication in written or verbal is the key to success. Hardship happens when you loose a friend when your off work and come the next shift and they passed. It's almost impossible not to care. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and seeing families happy. I feel that I have learned a lot working and gained vital skills and competencies. Working in the community is a challenge but indifference is good. Change is a positive thing not a negative one! Makes you stronger.
Pros
Pick your own hours
Cons
Deaths
Good experience
PSW, RPN(new) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
A good working environment, management is great to work with. Shifts are not enough, and mostly too short. Have not been given any nursing assignments.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2017
Enjoyed my time. People were awesome to deal with. Managers were always helpful and people in other branches were great. I would definitely recommend.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON5 March 2017
I enjoy going to work everyday to see my clients. The best part of my job is them seeing me with smile on their faces. The hardest part of my job is the end of life, which no one takes easy.
Beware after 3 months
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 March 2017
After first being hired, be ready to have lots of hours. However, after three months, be ready for your hours to start getting slashed. Management, at first, seem to be very supportive of their staff. However, you learn real fast that they will take the word of clients, and act against the employee very quickly. There is no job security here. You will be dropped in a heartbeat, with no looking back, if they think it will appease their clients.
Pros
Most patients/clients are amazing
Cons
Too many to list.
listen music , share lunch , playing cards
Phlebotomist for the Ontario Health Study's (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2017
To work as phlebotomist in a lab , I always be polite with the patients. Follow all hygienic and proper precaution during blood draw. I try to advanced venipunture skills.
sometime feels difficulty with child and elderly patients . but i love it..on that take supervisor helps.most enjoyable of my jobs is when i finish every in on time.
Lacks management
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 February 2017
Very little help from managers which causes high stress levels. Employees were wonderful and the job itself was enjoyable. Would return to the job if the chance presented itself.
Professional and Understanding Work Environment
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 February 2017
Bayshore Home Health has remained a professional and understanding work place for the 10+ years I have worked there. It has provided me with an excellent work/school balance while I was completing my studies.
ok place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  chatham ontario20 February 2017
you keep the same pt all the time,
you are responsible for their supplies
you can schedule your day, making mutal agreeable times with pt for visits.
lots of education and resources available for learning
Pros
keep same pt
Cons
lots of mileage
Good place
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2017
Good place to work , not hard job . if you like driving , you will love this job . Morning job and you have to drive door to door .
Supportive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 February 2017
If you required hours you would ask you would get it, scheduler was great when contacted. Staff were funny, and very supportive.
I learned many different ways of caring for people and was educated by my work.

I enjoyed spending time in team meetings and out in the field.
Loved the work - enjoyed the clients
PSW - Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 February 2017
I found the company lacking at the management level - far too unorganized in scheduling clients without proper consideration with PSW schedules. Often found it difficult as not enough travelling time was allotted between clients - that was the hardest part of the job.
I learned a little kindness goes a long way in working with people in need. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
fun and sometimes challenging
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2017
clients are very nice and appreciative. shifts should be longer and workers should at least get 20 hours per week. hardest part of the job is wondering how much hours will i get.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short hours
Great and Productive agency
PSW (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON4 February 2017
Bayshore is good agency and nice place to work. They are giving me client that suites my profession/career. Bayshore gives me a morning shift which i like and throught that i've learned alot of things with regards to caring the patient. The management staff are great approachable and kind. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patient smile.