Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

Loved the care and compassionate they showed for their clients.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2018
Management was very understanding and supportive. Always had caring kind fellow employees. The paper could have been a little better but other than that it was a great job.
psw
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 January 2018
they are a very good company, nice people and fun to be with. they give their client a comfortable environment giving them stress free and no fear. i would recommend them
Independent and hands on
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 January 2018
I’ve worked with Bayshore over 8 years . Started in bc location also worked in Alberta location. Always a very fair place to work . Independent working environment.
Pros
Independent
Cons
No job security . On call
no reimbursement so at the hospital u make $9 hourly
Companion (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 January 2018
I was hired as a companion and got two hour shifts and there which is great if you re 14 and it's your parents car. As well they don't reimburse you for parking so when you finally do get an eight hour shift at say the hospital, off your new MINIMUM WAGE pay of 14 bucks an hour you will take home only $9 bucks an hour.
Pros
Get to meet condescending staff
Cons
Your interview won't be with the time you stay
good salary, working hours,
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2018
Working with Bayshore is really good. good pay, care coordinators are very helpful and understands your every little request regarding scheduling. Supervisors are also very helpful and available. Good training provided before work.
Fun Environment to work in
Client Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2018
Shift starts at 8:30am-4:30pm

Service clients to find them with a health care provider that will help them with the needs that they are looking for.

Schedule RN,RPN ans PW with clients on a daily basis.

Filling, Faxing, Answering phones and e-mails

co-workers are great to work with.
relaxed work environment and supportive staff
RPN/LVN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario Canada29 December 2017
I enjoy working with Bayshore as the environment is relaxed and all staff are very supportive. I enjoy working with them as it makes me happy to help family members with their loved ones care. Families are very appreciative which makes me do for them.
Pros
Cons
low salary
Terrible experience
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 December 2017
This company expects a lot from their workers but doesn't want to return the favour. A typical "live in" shift is a 24 hr shift. You get paid for 13 of the 24hrs at $17 per hr, with a mandatory unpaid 3 hr break. They call it a sleeping shift, which is why they don't pay for for the 8 hrs even though you're expected to get up and toilet residents up to 3 times throughout the night. I don't fall asleep immediately and I can tell you, having to get up 3 times is exhausting and makes falling asleep very difficult.
Another downfall is they only give you 10 mins for traveling from one job to the next which is virtually impossible.
When I was hired, it was for a new complex care client and the job was very demanding. I was told the pay would be higher due to this and that it was definitely a full sleeping shift. Then they phoned me telling me they expected me to work 3/24 hr shifts in a row and that the pay was no different than any other client and when I told them I was no longer interested, they told me I was leaving them in a bind.
I have a very low opinion of this company and believe that the positive reviews are being left by admin or management staff.
excellent
Licensed Practical Nurse, Drug Testing Division (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS28 December 2017
Great employer, always concerned with my satisfaction and safety on the job. Easy to talk to about my concerns. Provides me with all the tools necessary to do a good job.
Not bad
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON27 December 2017
Bayshore isn't a terrible place to work, however, they are continuously hiring while not ever having enough work for their current nurses. This makes it impossible to have as and only job.
So far so good
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC (Kelowna)19 December 2017
I'm a novice PN living in a remote area. Started with Bayshore a while ago and so far so good

Good communication between the office and myself as my offices based out of Kelowna. (I'm in FSJ)

I got the salary I was asking for. The mileage pay is decent and there's benefits over all, I'm not complaining.
Pros
Milage pay, benifits, work load based on your availability
Cons
Can be last min clients
great clients to work with
PSW (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 December 2017
learned lots of new things to make my job even better lots of great clients and very productive and improving ways to make things better and easier to to my job
Force you to do unsafe things
PSW (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 December 2017
They book you in for less than 6 hours sleep sometimes between your evening and day shifts, and threaten to fire you if you say no. They cut the definition of "full time" to get rid of everyone's benefits. If you complain about an unsafe work environment, they don't do anything and tell you to go back.
Minimum hours given
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
They gave my minimum hours of work.
No coverage for gas or traveling.
The best part is co-workers and clients.
I like that I work independently even though I am "Assistant".
Management is not bad.
Pros
Letting me work independently
Cons
minimum hours
Good place
Sitter (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick23 November 2017
I really enjoyed working there.they where very accommodating and helpful good hours and money good plans and very good staff and good susport system in place.
One of the very best Community Nursing Service Providers!
Community Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON20 November 2017
If you are looking for Nursing employment to enhance your skills and practice experience, Bayshore is the place for you! This company is superior to all other Community Nursing Providers.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Salary to appropriate ranges, Education ~ constantly updating skills as per Best Practices
Fair Company to work
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 November 2017
While employed at Bayshore I learned and enhanced my skills in palliative nursing. The management and workplace culture was acceptable and learning was available. The hardest part of the job was the shift I worked and had limited support (night shift) and palliative is always a challenge with families and the dynamics they present. I did enjoy working with clients very much and found that it grew my compassion as a nurse.
Pros
Was able to deal with death in a better and more positive aspect
Cons
Family dynamics presented some concerns.
Good culture
RPN (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 November 2017
I have worked in the community for three years for this company and one other. The Bayshore in my city has a culture of caring. The director is the kindest person who would give you the shirt off her back. They send thank you cards and Tims cards when you take last minute shifts. I think each branch is going to have a different culture and you have to speak to other nurses in your community to find out what that culture is. Community shift nursing is not for everyone. It can be boring, doesn't pay as well as hospitals but it's an easy way to make a living without raising your blood pressure.
Family Setting
CLIENT SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON8 November 2017
Working at Bayshore created a home away from home. Everyone is so caring and gives you a family atmosphere. It is a fast paced work environment that I thoroughly enjoyed. I would recommend Bayshore to anyway who is looking for a health related employment opportunity.
Good Organization to work for
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 November 2017
Traveled to Resident homes to assist with activity of daily living.
Remind Resident to take medication, along with light housekeeping.
Travelling is the hardest part. Enjoy meeting new Residents every day.
Pros
Excellent benefit
Cons
Short working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.