Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

Very productive and enjoyable place to work
Community Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2018
Very prompt in getting assignments to their employees. Management always available and prompt in dealing with any issues that arise. Enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
I have no cons at this time
relaxed work environment and supportive staff
RPN/LVN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario Canada29 December 2017
I enjoy working with Bayshore as the environment is relaxed and all staff are very supportive. I enjoy working with them as it makes me happy to help family members with their loved ones care. Families are very appreciative which makes me do for them.
Pros
Cons
low salary
Each day is different
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 August 2018
learn each day with clients and their family and how they coop at home and listen to them when they tell you all about their day and what their plans are and helping them with what ever they need
Pros
learning
Cons
could be long hours
In it for profit
Joe dirt (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 July 2017
Feast or famine for hours
Zero work/life balance
Expectations too high for checking communications each day (therefore no days off, always in work mode)
Computer charting unreliable
No compensation for work on own time due to computer issues.
Just learned client care coordinators salary more than registered nurses.
Unable to reach managers in time of need.
Rely too much on technology.
Management always coming down on field staff.
More managers than front line workers
Pitiful benefit eligibility
Less than needed orientation just to cover clients in timely manner.
Not enough support
Pros
It's a job
Cons
See below
Force you to do unsafe things
PSW (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 December 2017
They book you in for less than 6 hours sleep sometimes between your evening and day shifts, and threaten to fire you if you say no. They cut the definition of "full time" to get rid of everyone's benefits. If you complain about an unsafe work environment, they don't do anything and tell you to go back.
One of the very best Community Nursing Service Providers!
Community Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON20 November 2017
If you are looking for Nursing employment to enhance your skills and practice experience, Bayshore is the place for you! This company is superior to all other Community Nursing Providers.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Salary to appropriate ranges, Education ~ constantly updating skills as per Best Practices
provide quality care to patients in their own homes
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 November 2018
Wonderful agency to work for, but is mismanaged in this area. There is no consistency with schedules, and unrealistic expectations placed on nurses and their capacity to provide care in such a large geographic area.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
wear and tear on car
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2018
The culture of this company was fantastic. I loved everyminute of working with the different patient programs and my different managers! It was such a great experience
very bad
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 November 2018
I work almost a year and all I have is 1 client, I feel such a waste of time and I don't even know who is my supervisor no chance to meet your supervisor, and they don't offer me any kind of course or training, you hired and you start to work with out training
Good company
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2018
People communicate very well. Not very good wage in Toronto/, There is only Home making. There is not too much hours for work. Gaz ius not paid. Psw doi only homemaking.
management is absolutely terrible
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON23 September 2017
management is terrible, they are NOT approachable, their is no confidentiality when trying to make complaints. all of upper management in the building are friends and if you are friends with management you will get a raise or a better job offer. I have nothing good to say about bayshore
Pros
pay
Cons
no hours
great job
Shift Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 July 2018
Loved the flexibility and the chance to help so many people in the community
Can be lonely working alone.
The staff is very supportive and helpful and great management
Pros
flexablity
Cons
overnights
The worst place to work. Managers are liars and unprofessional
Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 September 2018
supervisor in the call centre department was unorganized, unstable, and overwhelmed new employees during the 1st day training. Employees are treated poorly and ppl are already quiting
Flexibility for Who?
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  BC5 November 2018
There sure is an option for flexibility, remember what the purpose of our roles are when we apply for a position here. Staff do the best they can considering the options.
From psw to psw
PSW (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 July 2018
The pay and car allowance is good. The online advertisement posted by the HR department offering full time and part time contracts is a ruse. There are no full time hours. Don't stick it out hoping for more, there aren't any. If they are not filling up the large availability that you have given, opening up more is not the answer. You are not a 7-11. You will need another part time job. But, if you are willing to work every weekend, and fly by the seat of your pants, then Sarnia Bayshore is the job for you. The staff in the office are nice and approachable. Phone the office if you want an answer to something as the schedulers don't answer emails. Other reviews for other locations have said the same thing.so the problem lies further up the chain. Too bad, as almost every client I have visited, complains about Bayshore scheduling. It's easy to love the good things about a company you work for but you need to decide if you can live with the bad stuff as well. That's the important thing. If working in the community is where you want to be, ask other PSWs to see which company has the bulk of the hours as I have done. Unfortunately for Bayshore, it's not them. Enough said, I hope this helps in deciding whether or not you want to work for this company.
Pros
if you only want PT, this is a great company to work for
Cons
Stay away if you need FT hours.
terrible management
Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2018
the job was good, the type of work is rewarding, lots of potential for this company and it has grown exponentially.

main issues, management is TERRIBLE. micromanaging people to the extreme. does not value any employee opinion, no room to grow or voice ideas.

management is grandfathered in from before and have no experience in management or the job they are required to do daily.

recommend you talk to people in the department before you make the choice to work here
Pros
good potential for company, has good footing in its industry
Cons
terrible management practices
I really enjoyed as a community nurse,
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 January 2018
My experience working at Chatham location.
I loved visiting patients in their homes, using all my RPN skills, training was great, IV administration, wound care, 3M, palliative care, vac dressings , communicating with physicians, CCAC/ lhin, etc.
As for the office, it is all family, they bully field staff, they do not support field staff nurses, heaven for bid do not over work yourself and ask for help, as they do not offer help, they make it very difficult and very uncomfortable settings, they will set you up for failure, they supply you with work tools that do not work so you are unable to do your work efficiently. Then they will threaten your licence. I went out of my zone to help , work very long hours , bent over backwards for this company, to be treated badly . You will not have a life if you work for this company.

Good luck.
Pros
training
Cons
family, no support, unperfessional office staff. and bulling
Was ok.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2018
The schedule left huge gaps in between each client, anywhere form 30 mins to 4 hours. Clients who cancelled or addmitted to hospital or passings were never replace in a timely manner. The wage was great with the garaunteed hours.
Flexable
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 July 2018
Haven't been with the company for long but love the flexibility of the shifts, and the staff is great! They are truly there to make sure YOU are comfortable with the clients
Cons
If you are a smoker, you are not allowed to smoke 1 hour before shift or during your shift even on breaks
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2018
Option of visit, shift or clinic work environment. Busy work but nice to flexibility. Staff friendly and very helpful if you have questions. Lots of opportunity to enhance your skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.