Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

Great job working home health
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
Easy job to work for and the staff are all very helpful and knowledgeable. Management is very accommodating with shifts and availability. Pay is above most private sectors.
horrible place to work
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 April 2018
this company is the worst company to work for, High turnover in office and PSW, no one knows what they are doing, If you don't do what they want when they want you will have hrs taken from you.
I heard they don't give me hrs because I don't need the money that I heard from a client cuz no one from the office would ever have the balls. If you say something to defend yourself you get hrs taken away from you.save yourself the bull and go somewhere else. Never ever have had a raise
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Awful
CSC (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON23 March 2018
CSC's deserve minimum $25/hr with the amount of stress they have to endure. Everything falls on their shoulders. They get blamed for appointments that can't get filled because psw's call in the middle of their shifts and book the rest of the day off, leaving the CSC's scrambling to find replacements. Management making CSC's beg the psw's to work by offering 'incentives'. This happens all day every day. Management also calling CSC's balling their eyes out saying they are so afraid of losing their jobs!!!!
Very difficult to live on wage
PT Assistant/Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2018
Worked there for a few years and did not make much in monetary compensation. They don't cover milage even though are you travelling for work from retirement home to retirement home nor do you get pain for those hours.
Pros
weekday work
Cons
no pay for travel or milage compensation
I worked for 5 years for this company.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON22 March 2018
I learned many different experiences as a P.S.W.. I didn't have to work behind a desk. I worked out in the public; going from house to house; client to client.
Working with the sick
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2018
I go to clients home help them with every day needs like showers/food prep. range of motion. give family support to end of life members. And at the end of the day the best part is knowing that you have help someone and they are happy.
Pros
knowing some are happy
Cons
losing people
ok
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 March 2018
Besoin plus d'organisation et plus de structure. La continuité avec les clients devraits etre ameliorer
Nightmare
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg14 March 2018
You will not be granted most of the things stated out in the job application descriptions. Things appear really good in the first 6 months.
If you want to support a “ big company corporates” for big business money gains ( no raises for staff on the front lines) than this is for you. Or, do you want to provide ongoing care to the patients that should be at the top of our list.
You are not given enough time to properly take care of your patients and the client’s are quite aware that you are rushing around like chicken to get finished in a strict time allowed for the appt.

It is rare that you will get paid more time to complete tasks.
The stories nurses share are very common such as, putting in a lot of time working evenings after your day shift which can often turn into working over the weekends as well.
If you ask for time that should have be been granted to you , it is recorded and used against you for a possible terminatation, no matter how hard you have worked.

Don’t let anyone take advantage of you
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Very poor communication within the company

Comment – 21 March 2018

There isn’t a option to put no stars and an explanation as to the reason.

terrible management
Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2018
the job was good, the type of work is rewarding, lots of potential for this company and it has grown exponentially.

main issues, management is TERRIBLE. micromanaging people to the extreme. does not value any employee opinion, no room to grow or voice ideas.

management is grandfathered in from before and have no experience in management or the job they are required to do daily.

recommend you talk to people in the department before you make the choice to work here
Pros
good potential for company, has good footing in its industry
Cons
terrible management practices
Flexible
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
I always liked home care, it is flexible and you can pick up shift if they are available. I work in the Oshawa branch and i love the staff there, they are friendly and understanding.
good work but few scheduled hours
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2018
Clients varied in needs and requirements. Due to lack of hours scheduled benefits are limited to a minor reduction in drug assistance for medications or prescriptions. Management is constantly changing so stability is in question.
Pros
varied clients
Cons
not many hours scheduled
Management needs an overhaul system of hierarchy
CSC (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 February 2018
I worked as a CSC co-ordinator for 14 months on a very high stress desk and even was recognized for my hard work. New director and manager were hired and have treated people like pheasants. They put on the persona that they want to create a team environment and have an open door policy when that is not the reality. I was fired on the spot with no cause or reason. and have never once been written up ..and that is after working and picking up hours when they could not be filled and after dedicating myself to my job and the clients (( I loved the job itself and the clients). The support staff of management were great..it is too bad that whoever saw fit to hire a director who is more about how great they appear rather than the needs of the company
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Management needs overhaul
fun workplace
ADMISTRATION ASSISTANT/ Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 February 2018
very good place to start with. Everyone is so nice, friendly environment to work in. Good salary with benefits.
Not a lot of restrictions but work hard to make your way up.
It's alright
Developmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 February 2018
The job itself is fantastic, the way it's organized needs some improvement. Management needs to be aware of what happens more and take less vacation time.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Lots of Driving, No Breaks between clients, Stressful
Great Company
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 February 2018
I honestly don't have any complaints, the staff are great, job is great. My only problem is the hours but I hear they are getting longer hours ( clients with longer hours) . I don't drive so it is hard for me to get around from client to client and would be worth it if the clients were longer hours. It is a very flexible job if you have small children or very specific hours of availability. The coordinators are great with working around your schedule and understanding.
Great team
CLIENT SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON11 February 2018
A great team to work that are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was to tell clients we didn't have any available staff and had to go without a visit. Also receiving phone call concerning clt passing away.
Pros
a team that makes you feel part of a family
Cons
very high stress level
Bayshore is very flexible when it comes to work hours and locations you work at.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 February 2018
Bayshore is one of the best companies I have worked for. They are very flexible when it comes to the amount of hours you want to work as well as the locations that work best for you. There is regular training; some is required and some is optional. The hardest part of the job is when you loose clients that you have had for a long time due to illness, death, or change in their circumstances. It is also hard to keep a regular amount of hours due to these changes in people's lives. Bayshore does their best to secure the amount of hours you would like but sometimes this could be difficult. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is getting to know so many different people who you know you are also helping and that you are doing what you can to make their lives as happy as possible.
Pros
Flexible hours and work locations
Cons
Loosing clients you may have become used to, this also sometimes affects your preferred number of hours.
You are able to create your own availability, but mandatory to work every second weekend.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 February 2018
Good place to work, decent pay, but average for psw in homecare.

does not pay gas per km. Only receive $1.50 for short distances and $3.25 for longer - which may be over an hour of driving.
High stress + no hours = Departure
PSW (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2018
Not a very positive place to work. The CSC don't reply to sent e-mails. They constantly call you on your day off and expect you to drop whatever you are doing and get to work. They also send you out of your area so you are in your car driving longer than the customers care appointment is. The first few weeks there they give you the hours, after a month or so, they stop giving you hours period. The CSC'S have a way of talking down to the paws in the field. Selfish people that lie to you. You would be happier to stay home and watch TV.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
No hours and disrespect at its finest
Great Job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 February 2018
It was wonderful doing home care,
Gained lasting relationships with clients and their families.
Management was good everyone in the office was very friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.