Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

In it for profit
Joe dirt (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 July 2017
Feast or famine for hours
Zero work/life balance
Expectations too high for checking communications each day (therefore no days off, always in work mode)
Computer charting unreliable
No compensation for work on own time due to computer issues.
Just learned client care coordinators salary more than registered nurses.
Unable to reach managers in time of need.
Rely too much on technology.
Management always coming down on field staff.
More managers than front line workers
Pitiful benefit eligibility
Less than needed orientation just to cover clients in timely manner.
Not enough support
Pros
It's a job
Cons
See below
Amazing work environment
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 July 2017
Love going to work everyday
every day is interesting
The group listens to your concerns
They allow you to work on your leadership skills
Allow employees pick up shifts and give up shifts within a lotted time
Enjoying.
Health Care Aide ( field staff ) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2017
I worked at Bayshore as HCA field staff, usually i worked 4 hours in the morning and 4hours in the evening. They pay my mileage and gas and every client. Sometimes i start at 6 am and ends at 11 pm but not straight hours. I only go to office if their is a meeting or workshops and to get necessary things for my job like chart, gloves and others They pay me bi- weekly.
Pros
I bring my own food.
Cons
Long hours is not everyday.
Its an excellent service and a good job
Hamilton Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON20 June 2017
Bayshore can become a career if you make sure you are friends with the right people. Nepotism is rampant. If you just keep your head down and are happy doing your job its an OK place to work for a long time.
Pros
OK benefits
Cons
make sure you know who knows who
Good Place
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ontario19 June 2017
Good place
Get to build and foster nurse-client relationships
Management is fair and willing to work with schedule
Lots of learning opportunities and classes
Worst company
PSW (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON18 June 2017
They hire, with the story of a perfect balance of work and home environment. But if you don't leave your availability open for 18 hours per day, you get nothing. Once you pass your probation, step up a pay grade, the coordinators shut down your hours. You go to your manager and explain that you have no hours, and you're just given lip service, with promises that; "it will get better" and " they will take care of this". Nothing is done
Middle management is running the show, and all direct managers or uppers are coasting and afraid to do anything in favour of frontline staff.
Pros
Lots of cluster care
Cons
I've said enough
The wrong people in charge
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 June 2017
Unfortunately the supervisor is not suited for the position and should be either demoted or removed. However higher levels of management seem to remain in-cognisant to the few who try to speak out without fear of reprisal. Work culture is depleting and job satisfaction has followed likewise. Parking is extremely difficult at this location past 8:30am. Not sure when things will change for the better.
Pros
still has nice people
Cons
Integrity or persons, job satisfaction, parking
Do not work for bayshore.
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON8 June 2017
As a current employee of this company I can one hundred percent say if you have other opportunities for employment... take them. There is a total lack of management. They play favourites, hire nothing but their family members and allow them to bully others within the office. They turn a blind eye to the staff who do not do their jobs, and penalize those who do. It is the most toxic work environment I've ever been in. Do yourself a favour before you apply... Just don't.
Pros
Co-workers and clients are great.
Cons
Lack of management, bullying, and neptisim.
good wages.
Unit Aide (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 May 2017
The wages were very good. no opportunity to advance. always just a casual. negative stigma attached to being from an outside employer. Easy to get blamed for things because they think casuals don't know anything.
Ok
On-Call Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON11 May 2017
Ok place to work. Worked there for almost 3 and a half years. Always felt appreciated for 3 of those years. New management took over last fall and the branch has gone downhill since then.
Rewarding Job
PSW (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 May 2017
Going to the residences of elderly clients, performing duties including (but not limited to) bathing, feeding, laundry, housecleaning, etc. If you can put up with the more crotchety ones, a very rewarding job.
amazing company
RCA (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 May 2017
I started working with this company when I lived in Ontario, and the management there was amazing. Always flexible with working with my hours, never give hard time, very understanding. makes you want to work more for them and when I moved out West to Vancouver Island I got transferred and have been continuing my loyalty to this company. The management out west have been also amazing.
Worst employer to work for.
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 May 2017
What else can I say... They won't help if you have any problems. every single one of them talks to you like you're garbage. First few weeks the hours are great but after that; nothing! Horrible management.
Pros
Nice Clients
Cons
Everyting else!
you get to know a lot of people
Personal Care Worker Bayshore, White Rock, BC (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC25 April 2017
working in this company even a short period of time had given me the opportunity to be able to understand the multiculturalism aspect of care and services.
Horrible Experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2017
Great clients however horrible management! Management was rarely available/supportive and would always talk down to you. Office staff would constantly call begging you to work past your availability almost every day due to lack of staff (hmm wonder why) The turnover rate for my old branch was sickening! People got hired, trained and worked less than a few months then left the company because something much better came along with less stress. The only good thing about working for this company were the clients I cared for. Even after I quit with a formal letter given to management the scheduling staff were still calling me asking me to work - just goes to show you the major lack of communication from the branch I used to work for.
Pros
my clients
Cons
managment, disorganization, lack of respect
Very rewarding career
Manager of Clinical Practice Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
One of the best places I have worked. Very innovative company. A "family" culture.
CEO is very personable and down to earth.
Highly recommend working for Bayshore Health care
Pros
many opportunities for advancement, education incentives, great bennifits
Cons
fast pace and can be stressful at times
not enough work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2017
Constantly hiring new nursing staff but have few shifts for current nursing staff. Many shifts are only two hours long. Good rate of pay and pleasant coworkers.
Publicly Assists the Senior Population
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 April 2017
The individuals working at Bayshore Home Health sincerely believe in doing all they can in assisting the elderly by setting up schedules, people's assistance ie. social work, support workers etc. Each Nurse is efficient in coming at the drop of a dime to provide medical care. Everyone from housekeeping up in personal are professional in appearance and attitude.
Lifke any company with so many staffed there are bound to be sections that need accommodation ie. refresher courses, motivational rewards, distance in the workplace from people who become friends rather than co-workers etc.
The seniors are always appreciative of the services they are supplied. Many of the people the support workers see can't wait to have someone that can do the work and do it well.
Pros
Employment and Medicines are paid
Cons
No motivational perks, if a staff is feeling good about their work that staff is quickly put down.
Love my job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2017
I started working for Bayshore 1year ago .great staff and managers love to see my clients smile every time I go visit them .Bayshore also treats there employees with different events through the year .The coordinators are also very happy and understanding.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
When clt move to LTC
Good company to work for
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2017
Happily employed at bayshore home health care. Great staff and clients. I like that the company promotes from within and feel that there is the opportunity for advancement for those who are interested. The entry wage for admin is good, but raises are based on years of service rather than performance.
Pros
Promotes from within the company; staff; management
Cons
Wage is based on years of service; long work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.