Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

great job
Shift Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 July 2018
Loved the flexibility and the chance to help so many people in the community
Can be lonely working alone.
The staff is very supportive and helpful and great management
Pros
flexablity
Cons
overnights
Flexable
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 July 2018
Haven't been with the company for long but love the flexibility of the shifts, and the staff is great! They are truly there to make sure YOU are comfortable with the clients
Cons
If you are a smoker, you are not allowed to smoke 1 hour before shift or during your shift even on breaks
Don't waste your time
psw (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 July 2018
Don't waste your time applying with this company. No hours available and coordinators call you even when you say your not available. Poorly managed company.
Professional and Productive Workplace
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 July 2018
I enjoyed my time with Bayshore, it is like working in a family atmosphere in a professional setting. There is a great deal of respect in all aspects and are very accommodating with your schedule.

I would recommend Bayshore as a excellent place of employment
Pros
Accomodating, ethical
Cons
Pay
Very uplifting
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 June 2018
Working at Bayshore Home Health is like working in a family atmosphere. There is a great deal of respect between all scale of employee and your schedule is always respected. You feel very valued
Pros
Respect, work ethics, reliability ad team atmosphere
Cons
None that I can think of
Ottawa Bayshore Home Health
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2018
Bayshore is a backwards place to work that relies on faxes and phones for communication. Getting a full time salary was difficult, and I had to work about 12 hours a day to make a decent salary. Some of the job assignments were call overnight, with dangerous and dark environments to go to alone. It was scary, and when I think back to some of the remote areas I had to go to at night, I am lucky I came out alive. My manager was difficult to work with, with a flare up personality. The pay was about 3/4 what I can get at a hospital, but lower when you consider gas reimbursement was on the pay. To top that off, no one was hired full time or part time, we were all casual and not guaranteed anything. We also had no benefits. I am much happier at a hospital as a Registered Nurse, where I feel safe, am well paid, and don't have to use my own vehicle to see people. And now I have guaranteed hours and guaranteed pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, dangerous work assignments.
bayshore
Resident Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 June 2018
very hard to get a permeant client. management is always changing at this company. I would get in trouble signing in thro my phone if a client didn't have one.
Decent Office Job
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2018
Decent Office job, handling client and field staff schedules and hours. Dealing with Inquires that come in, Answering many calls and emails during the day. Depending on your personality, it is a good work environment.
Pros
Benefits, Stable Hours
Cons
Management, Over Worked
Based on my own true story !!
LPN (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 June 2018
I used to work for them and I would say that I wasnt really impressed on how they supervise and manage their staff.

On my 4th month of working here, I was told that I needed to buy the company's uniform with their logo. I am ok with that, it's part of promoting their company and it's a way of making staff look professional. I get that !! But I told them I haven't had any shifts for the last 5 weeks ( I work casual) so can I at least wait until I get good decent shift work before I buy the uniform. What's the use of buying it when I will not be using it. Anyways, the HR or someone from Calgary told me its mandatory and I need to order it now or else it's not acceptable. After 3 days of having that conversation over the phone. I decided to quit.

Around my first 3 months, I was advised to attend an orientation via telehealth. The first booking which I have agreed upon had to be canceled and needs to be rescheduled because of lack of participants. They tried to rebook me another date but the date doesnt work for me. I was able to rebook on another day that works for me but a day prior to the said date, they need to cancel due to technical difficulties or weather conditions, I can't remember. So technically I have 3 attempts booking that didnt work. Few weeks later, I got a phone call from HR stating that I really needed to attend the orientation this time and of course I cant agree on the date they ask me again. The lady from the other line told me that I have canceled 3 times and that's not acceptable. I was appalled listening to her. I almost wanted to punch her over
  more... the phone but I just told them ok throughout as I cant even get a word in to tell her I have appointment with my wife that day.

Just to lessen the tension I just agreed and said to myself, If something comes up again I will definitely quit. Hence I did quit after another incident happened from what i have said on my first paragraph.

Another incident happen was ... I'm on my days off. I got a call asking if I could help out as a 2nd person. I said I cant. I asked them where it is and I was told outside of Red Deer .. like 45 mins away. It just happen that the person was living 4 blocks away from where I am. I am working on my other part time job but told them ok I will try to help I will not take lunch break so I can at least help the other person. I asked them if I will get paid for the mileage. The manager from Calgary said "no" because I am already in that area. Lol. I just shook my head but still did the job for an hour because the staff who needing help is someone I knew.

So based on my own true story. You guys be the judge on how they run this company.
Pros
Well i got to experience working for them and seeing, and learning nursing skills the clientele they have
Cons
Some staff from calgary branch dont listen, they prefer to talk and you listen
I left
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 June 2018
I found that mgmt did try to accommodate for family life fairly well. However, there wasn't a lot of career advancement when I was there. I have heard it has changed since then, but the moves seem lateral.
Toxic environment in the team I was with. Team mates were anything but a team. Other departments seemed nice. Really a luck of the draw I suppose

CEO is nice
Job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 May 2018
Assisting residents with their activities of daily living. Management needs to have more compassion and respect for staff and clients. Making sure I spend time with my residents is the hardest part.
Pros
helping elderly people
Cons
scheduling
just like any other service company theres good and theres bad depends on how you look at it
RPN (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON26 May 2018
use to get a ton of hours now not so much none of my coworkers either
good workplace when my schedule is well balanced
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 May 2018
most enjoyable part is the clients i meet and the stories and life experiences they have to tell. hardest part is when a client is hurt i have to try gaining hours back hoping a client i pick up gains more hours or lives nearby to reduce excess driving
Cons
hours added outside of availability, makes hard to take off hours meant to be as a fill in but gets added as a regular visit
Very enjoyable and challenging job.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2018
I love working with this company. I am learning a lot and love the people I work with. Over all, this company is extremely awesome and great! With all the clients I visited so far, they are lovely and kind people. For the company itself, I love how they manage it.
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2018
Very productive environment , nice salary but management can be improved. Needs more job security for employee, They need to improve their training. Workplace environment can have more fun because we spend 8 hours of our day there.
Bayshore Family
Director of Patient Support Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2018
Bayshore has been an amazing company to grow and learn. It is very entrepreneurial in nature and constantly growing. I am very lucky that I have been able to grow into new opportunities every couple of years at Bayshore. There is no typical day at Bayshore and the people are amazing.
Pros
Free Lunches and Activities throughout the year
Cons
Unorganized at times
Will force you to work more hours even if it is not your available days
LPN (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 April 2018
Not a good working environment. I dont recommend this company as they will definitely burn out the staff easily. Disorganized schedules of staff and fast turn over which means nobody stays longer with their kind of management.
I thoroughly enjoy all my clients that I work with.
PART-TIME Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 April 2018
Poor management with Bayshore Regina and weak morale with the staff who are treated poorly. I love my clients with Bayshore and have been with many since the beginning.
Pros
Excellent clients to work with
Cons
Greedy large corporation, willing to have staff put in harm's way with shady clients.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 April 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bayshore.

With competitive pay, a wonderful staff, great benefits and many opportunities for career advancement I couldn't have been happier.

If I hadn't relocated to an area without Bayshore I would have continued to pursue employment for many years.
typical day
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON9 April 2018
because you set your hours you can choose an early morning or late morning. I took advantage of this when wanting to go out of town on my weekend off, get out in the community early and be done early and hit the road sooner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.