Bayshore HealthCare
View all Bayshore HealthCare reviews

Bayshore HealthCare

Bayshore HealthCare Employee Review

Good work life balance

There has unfortunately been an overturn in management lately. Bayshore is a great workplace for work-life balance. I wish there were more hours available

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Not many hours

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

They do not respect their front line staff

I found Bayshore to be a very frustrating place to work. They do not respect their front line staff. When you specify where and when you can work, they constantly push you to work in other areas, and others times. When you request to not work with a client, you are still expected to pick up hours there. They also schedule you, without asking if you are available to work, then have an attitude, when you call to see why you were scheduled. They do not pay enough, for the where they expect you to travel to.

Cons

Unrelaible hours. Your voice is not heard or respected.

Fast paced

They say you can work f/t, part time or casual, yet it takes forever to build a caseload. Loved working with the clients in their homes. You barely ever see co-workers and interact with management minimally. The pay is competitive yet not enough for the work done.

Little to no training

Bayshore sends you to highly challenging homes with vulnerable people with little to no training. I let them know I was not comfortable with the amount of training provided (which was a 5 minute long YouTube video on perineal care!) I asked them for more training & they said I would be fine, reassured me that the client has a wife who will help. The clients wife was missing her hands & wheelchair bound - she also requiring perineal care and not able to help in any way. They thoughtlessly send under qualified employees to care for your parents and grandparents. I called them for help after being physically attacked, then locked out of a house from a patient with severe dementia, they requested I finish my shift. I quit within weeks due to safety issues, lack of training, and minimum wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement