Bayshore HealthCare
Coronavirus update
Information from Bayshore HealthCare:

Bayshore HealthCare Pay & benefits reviews

Canada651 reviews
The best thing about Bayshore is the ability to set your own hours, the pay is competitive and the benefits are good. It can be a very lonely job as you are usually one on one with a child
I am still fairly new to Bayshore, but my experience has been wonderful. Management is hands on in the best way possible. They are very knowledgeable of the different clients in the Brockville area. They are also fast acting if concern for a client's health is brought to attention. Compensation is fantastic and very fair for the work that is done. What is fantastic is that you are off every other weekend, so you can actually make plans, and your schedule is always the same.

The only negative i had was that on days when you are on "afternoons" you still start at 7am (because the morning is the busiest time for the clients to get ready for the day). There is generally a 3-4 hour break mid-afternoon, but then you have to go back out those nights to work from 6-sometimes 9pm. It makes for a really long day.
Pros
mileage, government incentive, amazing management, good work-life balance
Cons
Split shifts on your afternoons week
The workers are being cared and are always given training and proper delegation to provide quality care for patients in the community. They provide competitive hourly rate which supports my daily expenses
Pros
Pay rate premiums and paid travel time
The salary is too low and there is no benefits, no guaranteed work and you can not work as a full time, during interview, they said after probation you can apply for a full time but Bayshore never give psw’s and homemaking any full time job.
Pros
Staff are not organize and not helpful
Cons
Not enough working hours
Pay is lacking. After taxes, maintenance of vehicle/gas, buying own scrubs you make less than minimum wage. No pay raises from company, only from government mandated top-ups (which are rare). No career advancement.
Pros
Excellent clients
Cons
Very poor pay
Clients would be added to schedule in less than the 24 hours (without notifying employees as required), long days, low pay, poor work life balance. Poor help from management resolving issues. Double booking (even triple booking) clients for the same times, employees doing the work of managers.
Pros
Benefits for part time
Cons
Long hours for little pay
It started out as a good company to work for but recently they hired some new mangers that have a different work ethic that doesn’t reflect treating their employees fairly. Nepotism is rampant in the company hiring friends of friends, never a good idea. They hire unqualified people that have no psw certificates and come to work and don’t work effectively with other staff. They also hire way to young and immature individuals that bring a lot of trouble into the work environment. The managers play favorites with certain staff, usually the ones that don’t want to work ? and the ones that work hard are treated poorly. I would not recommend working at their TCU units and wasting your time when in most cases the good workers just become frustrated and leave because the issues are never properly dealt with. Some of the new managers and HR Manager are more Focused on new hires and drop the ball or don’t care about ongoing issues that effect the whole unit. If all the friendly and compassionate workers leave what are you left with ? The managers will target certain workers that complain, these workers rightly want to work in an ethical fair and transparent manner ? It’s not an employer that I would think you would want to stay employed with. This organization will not have your back when you need them to, they use to but because of a few individuals in management their ruining the work ethicS for all.
Benefits
Cons
The management don’t have their employees backs
managers are not professional. They take advantage of you and do not recognize your hard work. They have been hiring managers from innomar and it has shifted bayshore's family oriented atmosphere to micromanaging. The workload is immense.
Over time is expected to maintain your daily work, without financial compensation.
little pay, most clients were rude and treated you like they were superior, hard work, barely any compensation for gas milage. clients would cancel and you’d be at the house waiting for them to answer because nobody will tell you they cancelled the visit until you call and ask for yourself. work load and pay doesn’t match up
Graduated RPN, didn’t want hospital nursing so tried private home care or community nursing. Decent pay, good benefits and coworkers. Now with more experience under my belt, completing my RN back. At university and working in a teaching hospital full time
Pros
Pay, benefits, scheduling
Cons
Travel time between clients, you can be in North York and expect to be out in Mississauga in 1/2 hour. Hardly
Can create your own schedule
Work the hours you choose

Work independently or with others in a facility

Pay Good

They have benefits
Meet people form different walks of life
Pros
Pay, Creating Your on schedule
Improvement area: work life balance; micro management; over time; job security
Positve: Leader in the industry, good benefits, friendly co-workers and team mates
I really enjoyed working with Bayshore, wish I could again!
I loved all the staff I corresponded with on a regular basis, and of course loved the clients we got to see each day.

Their benefits were superb as well.
Pros
Excellent company!
The management is amazing, so supportive of nursing, and answer any question I may have out in the field. I am a palliative shift nurse, and I simply love my job. My benefits are terrific, and I really enjoy the work I get to do. The work culture is one of "no-blame" so I can easily approach my managers and discuss any issues or problems that arise on the job.
In beginning when I started the staff were not the friendliest then the original area director retired and then a new lady from Kitchener came and that’s when we got a raise In pay and the staff nurse was friendly and helped us out with jobs and we had a lot of shifts to choose from When the Kitchener lady left and the staff nurse was let go the shifts disappeared and so did the raises The new area director is horrible and not friendly at all I quit 2 weeks later would not recommend d this place for any of my friends or family
They don't pay your travel time nor parking expense.Most of job is for care aids not for nurse. Many time I have to use my own wound dressing supplies and own foot care tools. They don't have most of time.

uuse my own tools for
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
I work as a PSW/ Homecare, it's very satisfying for me,like taking care of my family but outside my house. I love the clients, enjoy the management, get to choose whether I will accept a client, great communication with the office, provided with required tools and some minor benefits. The pay is minimal for the work and the work is sometimes heavy& dirty. In short,I enjoy it but it's difficult work
I love working in the community but the problem to this company they brought me as far as kanata and stittesville considering I was living in gatineau.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
Long drive for only 2 hrs or 1 hr duty
This company has been good to me. Bayshore has excellent benefits, but could use better pay rate. There is always work to be had at Bayshore Home health in Edmonton. One downfall is gaps between clients which leaves you sitting in your vehicle in very different climates depending on the season. The upside to the gaps in schedule is you can run errands if time allows it.
Good Place to work with great benefits and flexible schedule. Staff is very helpful and take care of employees. Nice atmosphere in office and everyone is helpful.
The operators that choose where you are going for work tend to schedule clients back to back that are a bit far away from one another, this make it hard to get to clients on time as well as is costly on gas.