Bayshore HealthCare Pay & Benefits reviews

good comany
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 January 2019
good to work for. lots of driving. good clients. all around well organized company and kept you working. good hours lots of hours. if you love being a care aide i would recomend them
Good
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 January 2019
Good working atmosphere
job pressure
different clients
lack of holidays
git coupons
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of hours
Poor support inconsistant
PSW (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 January 2019
Sounded like a great job on hire with the somewhat fair wage Make yourself available for 6-8 hr days Lucky to get 4 clients scheduled.= 4 hrs pay Even tho available for those 8 hrs NO compensation for on call. Travel allowance poor Working rural areas and in winter weather takes 15+ mins between visits but will only pay you 15 mins travel = $3.69
Change your schedule and don’t notify , schedulers notorious for sched visits with no travel between Can never budget what your pay would be. Tell you that you have to be available every other weekend then get 3 clients for whole weekend. Take away you scheduled clients on holidays to avoid paying premium.
Pros
The Clients :)
Cons
Management, schedulers lack of support. And inconsistant schedules
Okay while it lasted
Payroll & Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2018
Promised permanent part-time job, but let go too early for shortage of work. If I could have continued working it would be great, since the pay was decent; the benefits were good; and most of the co-workers were easy to get along with.
Pros
Decent wage and benefits
Cons
Let go too early
Management is poor, moral in office is very low
CSC (Former Employee) –  ON2 December 2018
Management has favourites and treats others unfairly.
Talk about other staff when they are away to present staff
No communication with other office staff
Requests for time off are not approved but management takes 2 personal trips and other office staff take vacation during that time. Unfair
Management makes sure they take their vacations first whether office is short staffed or not.
No recognition or thanks for staying late on your own time to get work done just to get behind again the next day.
Told daily that all visits must be filled before going home at the end of the day but overtime and compensation are never given.
Orders are yelled out of offices to other staff even if they are on the phone or speaking to field staff. Very annoying and distracting.
Far too much to do in a day that is expected of you. They only care about statistics
Complaining to upper management backfires when its brought back to office management though it was not handled professionally.
Loved my coworkers, field staff and clients
Director goes into asst managers office closes the door and complains about office staff, then assistant comes out and makes office staff feel they arent doing a good job on a daily basis.
Office staff never feel they are doing a good job and are appreciated.
Office staff struggle to get work done while management congregate in each others offices for non important meetings. Laughing joking and talking about family or fashion. Closed doors doesnt mean coversations cant be heard when they are loud.
Management shop online and have family video calls during
  more... work day while office staff dont even get their lunch.
Field staff are not dealt with properly and in a timely manner for performance issues which makes scheduling more difficult...
Unreal expectations of office staff and field staff.
Good luck getting a raise. Nothing for years and then only 2%
Office staff come in to the job being happy and positive but are soon knocked down to being stressed, unhappy and low moral due to office expectations, poor management and workload.
Could be a great place to work and a forever job if it was ran properly.
Upper management has improved but needs to spend lots of time at branch and see how it is.
No job security. People are let go then later the same job is recreated and filled by someone new. No loyalty.

Happy to have left the position as not all jobs and management are like this
Pros
Great co-workers, field staff and clients
Cons
Unreal expectations of workload, low moral, unappreciated and office staff treated like circus animals
Good/bad experiences
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 December 2018
I worked for this company for a number of years. I loved working there but the job is not secure. They often(I saw this happen a number of times) "restructure" after employees have been there for a certain amount of time and then rehire for a lower wage.
Cons
No job security at all.
Terrible Pay, terribly managed
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 November 2018
Working for Bayshore at the beginning was great, but once management changed it was terrible. They wouldn't pay equally to other companies, wouldn't increase wages based on experience, and did not pay fairly whatsoever. They used flat rates for after hours that did not match the number of hours worked. It was lots of work for no pay. I do not recommend this company.
Hopefully you have a better experience than mine.
RPN (Current Employee) –  Ontario27 November 2018
I would only recommend Bayshore as a starter job. Or if there is nothing else available. It doesn't seem like staff stick around long because Bayshore is constantly hiring.
I have never experienced having to negotiate for fair mileage compensation from a homecare company that expects you to visit clients that are very long distances from where you live. I have had to pay so much money out of pocket for gas (approx $100 over 6 shifts). This is in addition to not being compensated for hours and hours of travel time (approx 25 hours so far and counting). There is also the wear and tear on my vehicle.The starting salary is also below the national average for RPN. It is just not worth it. I blindly committed to a rural client and will carry out my obligation because I care about them. After that, I have learned my lesson and will never again accept an assignment for a rural client from this company since they don't believe in proper compensation. They also make you feel guilty that you cancel your shift because there's a snowstorm and you don't feel like killing yourself/being stuck on the 401 highway driving to your client.
This could be a good company to work for if they had a proper orientation for nurses, offered more fair compensation for travel to rural areas, offered a better starting salary to meet the national average, and had better communication overall about the care to be provided to the client.
Pros
Nice clients, flexible hours
Cons
Mileage not paid fairly, low salary, fast/unpaid orientation, lots of opportunity for rural clients but not many in the city.
treat staff like dogs
Nurse Clinician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 November 2018
treat their front line workers like dogs
don't pay over time and only pay milage when you beg them
treat psw's like unskilled labourers and pay them less then their value
treat nurses like disposal employees
upper management get all the praise while front line staff and clerical support staff get notringand have to beg for respect
Pros
set your own hour
Cons
don't pay over timed expect you to work up to 60hrs a week
Lowest Salary in GTA and 3-4 hours shifts
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2018
I was hired as a casual RPN at Bayshore Mississauga. When hired Manager gave me shifts for the whole month very first day on orientation(which was joke itself). If you get hired and are desperate enough to join them tip for you don't drive to their Mississauga office as they won't do anything in the orientation will just gather docs from you and give you shifts and you have to pay for parking fee which is around 15$, so just send them all the docs online. All the shifts they gave me were for 3 -4 hours home visits(so they block your schedule for the whole day and and you just get paid for few hours as shifts were in the middle of the day like from 12pm-4pm) don't pay any Mileage and Salary is lowest in GTA around 20 dollars per hour for RPN. After confirming the shifts manager called to decrease the hours more made 4 hour shift to a 2 hour visit. THESE MONEY MAKING SCAMS TRY TO MAKE PROFITS WITH YOUR PROFESSIONAL LICENSE AT STAKE
Pros
Cons
Still exist
Management leaves you high and dry
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 August 2018
Oshawa Bayshore is not a great place to work. So much work and they do not care how it affects your home life. If they could have you working 24 hours they would. They pay all their employees a different starting amount regardless on how qualified you are. They try to pay the least amount they can. Hopefully you never need them to back you up with a client because when you so need them they are never there. No room for advancement or a raise. They do not value their great employees.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Cannot live on the pay
high turnover in field staff and managment
Manager of Clinical Practice (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 August 2018
I worked for years with Bayshore and loved the work as a visiting nurse in the community and in office. Recent changes to upper management has created a poor work and home life balance, and job security.
Pros
competative wage
Cons
long hours, expected to work outside of scheduled hours
Good company
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2018
People communicate very well. Not very good wage in Toronto/, There is only Home making. There is not too much hours for work. Gaz ius not paid. Psw doi only homemaking.
Visit Nurse; Palliative Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2018
Very accommodating for work life balance. Easy to arrange day around children and apts and still see clients. Offers great training, good management support
Pros
work life balance
Cons
need better nursing salary
Great team in Calgary
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
I really enjoyed working for Bayshore. They had a great, collaborative, team environment. Good benefits. Nice office space. Room to advance. Interesting clients.
Pros
Supportive work environments
Cons
Stressful job if your are a coordinator
Bayshore Pediatric Program gives the opportunity to Provide Excellent Nursing care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC; Burnaby, BC30 July 2018
The Bayshore Pediatric Program is an amazing program for RNs & LPNs to work in. Nurses get to work one on one with complex pediatric clients (Trach, Trach/vent, PICC, Palliative) for their entire shift. It is extremely rewarding work and is the rare opportunity for nurses to feel like they are providing excellent nursing care.
Bayshore provides advance training opportunities. Nurses can also choose if they want to work casual, part-time or full-time hours.
Nurses care for their clients at school, in the community, at home, and on vacation!
Wages are competitive with hospital. Benefits & MSP for working >15 hours/week, RSP program.
Management is responsive and available. Can talk to a manager 24hrs/day, 7 days/week.
Unfortunately, Bayshore Peds is still living in the past with paper documentation and needs to get on board with electronic documentation
Pros
Clients; Wages; Management; Environment; Benefits
Cons
Still using paper documentation; Does not provide employees with electronic devices
Ottawa Bayshore Home Health
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2018
Bayshore is a backwards place to work that relies on faxes and phones for communication. Getting a full time salary was difficult, and I had to work about 12 hours a day to make a decent salary. Some of the job assignments were call overnight, with dangerous and dark environments to go to alone. It was scary, and when I think back to some of the remote areas I had to go to at night, I am lucky I came out alive. My manager was difficult to work with, with a flare up personality. The pay was about 3/4 what I can get at a hospital, but lower when you consider gas reimbursement was on the pay. To top that off, no one was hired full time or part time, we were all casual and not guaranteed anything. We also had no benefits. I am much happier at a hospital as a Registered Nurse, where I feel safe, am well paid, and don't have to use my own vehicle to see people. And now I have guaranteed hours and guaranteed pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, dangerous work assignments.
Decent Office Job
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2018
Decent Office job, handling client and field staff schedules and hours. Dealing with Inquires that come in, Answering many calls and emails during the day. Depending on your personality, it is a good work environment.
Pros
Benefits, Stable Hours
Cons
Management, Over Worked
just like any other service company theres good and theres bad depends on how you look at it
RPN (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON26 May 2018
use to get a ton of hours now not so much none of my coworkers either
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2018
Very productive environment , nice salary but management can be improved. Needs more job security for employee, They need to improve their training. Workplace environment can have more fun because we spend 8 hours of our day there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.