Bayshore HealthCare Pay & Benefits reviews

Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 April 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bayshore.

With competitive pay, a wonderful staff, great benefits and many opportunities for career advancement I couldn't have been happier.

If I hadn't relocated to an area without Bayshore I would have continued to pursue employment for many years.
horrible place to work
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 April 2018
this company is the worst company to work for, High turnover in office and PSW, no one knows what they are doing, If you don't do what they want when they want you will have hrs taken from you.
I heard they don't give me hrs because I don't need the money that I heard from a client cuz no one from the office would ever have the balls. If you say something to defend yourself you get hrs taken away from you.save yourself the bull and go somewhere else. Never ever have had a raise
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Very difficult to live on wage
PT Assistant/Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2018
Worked there for a few years and did not make much in monetary compensation. They don't cover milage even though are you travelling for work from retirement home to retirement home nor do you get pain for those hours.
Pros
weekday work
Cons
no pay for travel or milage compensation
Nightmare
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg14 March 2018
You will not be granted most of the things stated out in the job application descriptions. Things appear really good in the first 6 months.
If you want to support a “ big company corporates” for big business money gains ( no raises for staff on the front lines) than this is for you. Or, do you want to provide ongoing care to the patients that should be at the top of our list.
You are not given enough time to properly take care of your patients and the client’s are quite aware that you are rushing around like chicken to get finished in a strict time allowed for the appt.

It is rare that you will get paid more time to complete tasks.
The stories nurses share are very common such as, putting in a lot of time working evenings after your day shift which can often turn into working over the weekends as well.
If you ask for time that should have be been granted to you , it is recorded and used against you for a possible terminatation, no matter how hard you have worked.

Don’t let anyone take advantage of you
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Very poor communication within the company

Comment – 21 March 2018

There isn’t a option to put no stars and an explanation as to the reason.

good work but few scheduled hours
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2018
Clients varied in needs and requirements. Due to lack of hours scheduled benefits are limited to a minor reduction in drug assistance for medications or prescriptions. Management is constantly changing so stability is in question.
Pros
varied clients
Cons
not many hours scheduled
fun workplace
ADMISTRATION ASSISTANT/ Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 February 2018
very good place to start with. Everyone is so nice, friendly environment to work in. Good salary with benefits.
Not a lot of restrictions but work hard to make your way up.
It's alright
Developmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 February 2018
The job itself is fantastic, the way it's organized needs some improvement. Management needs to be aware of what happens more and take less vacation time.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Lots of Driving, No Breaks between clients, Stressful
Great Company
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 February 2018
I honestly don't have any complaints, the staff are great, job is great. My only problem is the hours but I hear they are getting longer hours ( clients with longer hours) . I don't drive so it is hard for me to get around from client to client and would be worth it if the clients were longer hours. It is a very flexible job if you have small children or very specific hours of availability. The coordinators are great with working around your schedule and understanding.
You are able to create your own availability, but mandatory to work every second weekend.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 February 2018
Good place to work, decent pay, but average for psw in homecare.

does not pay gas per km. Only receive $1.50 for short distances and $3.25 for longer - which may be over an hour of driving.
unorganized but Paid well
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 January 2018
often very unorganized but pay was good. when at work often had too travel from one end of the city to the other then back to where you started. scheduling could have been more organized.
Flexible hours, good staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 January 2018
I loved working for Bayshore, it was flexible in that you could choose what hours you wanted to work. I miss meeting and taking care of new people. Always can pick up more hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule, autonomous work environment
Cons
pay and benefits are lacking
no reimbursement so at the hospital u make $9 hourly
Companion (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 January 2018
I was hired as a companion and got two hour shifts and there which is great if you re 14 and it's your parents car. As well they don't reimburse you for parking so when you finally do get an eight hour shift at say the hospital, off your new MINIMUM WAGE pay of 14 bucks an hour you will take home only $9 bucks an hour.
Pros
Get to meet condescending staff
Cons
Your interview won't be with the time you stay
good salary, working hours,
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2018
Working with Bayshore is really good. good pay, care coordinators are very helpful and understands your every little request regarding scheduling. Supervisors are also very helpful and available. Good training provided before work.
relaxed work environment and supportive staff
RPN/LVN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario Canada29 December 2017
I enjoy working with Bayshore as the environment is relaxed and all staff are very supportive. I enjoy working with them as it makes me happy to help family members with their loved ones care. Families are very appreciative which makes me do for them.
Pros
Cons
low salary
So far so good
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC (Kelowna)19 December 2017
I'm a novice PN living in a remote area. Started with Bayshore a while ago and so far so good

Good communication between the office and myself as my offices based out of Kelowna. (I'm in FSJ)

I got the salary I was asking for. The mileage pay is decent and there's benefits over all, I'm not complaining.
Pros
Milage pay, benifits, work load based on your availability
Cons
Can be last min clients
Force you to do unsafe things
PSW (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 December 2017
They book you in for less than 6 hours sleep sometimes between your evening and day shifts, and threaten to fire you if you say no. They cut the definition of "full time" to get rid of everyone's benefits. If you complain about an unsafe work environment, they don't do anything and tell you to go back.
Minimum hours given
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
They gave my minimum hours of work.
No coverage for gas or traveling.
The best part is co-workers and clients.
I like that I work independently even though I am "Assistant".
Management is not bad.
Pros
Letting me work independently
Cons
minimum hours
One of the very best Community Nursing Service Providers!
Community Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON20 November 2017
If you are looking for Nursing employment to enhance your skills and practice experience, Bayshore is the place for you! This company is superior to all other Community Nursing Providers.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Salary to appropriate ranges, Education ~ constantly updating skills as per Best Practices
Opportunity to progress
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 October 2017
Strengthened ability to work independently. Strong interpersonal skills. Broad base of knowledge Ability to manage my own schedule. Skilled in assessment and care plans.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of compensation for travel time
disorganized, still love the clients
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 October 2017
Liked working with the clients, scheduling is last minute and unreliable, don't ever get days off. When requesting time off guilted in to working more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.