Bayshore HealthCare Pay & Benefits reviews

treat staff like dogs
Nurse Clinician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 November 2018
treat their front line workers like dogs
don't pay over time and only pay milage when you beg them
treat psw's like unskilled labourers and pay them less then their value
treat nurses like disposal employees
upper management get all the praise while front line staff and clerical support staff get notringand have to beg for respect
Pros
set your own hour
Cons
don't pay over timed expect you to work up to 60hrs a week
Lowest Salary in GTA and 3-4 hours shifts
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2018
I was hired as a casual RPN at Bayshore Mississauga. When hired Manager gave me shifts for the whole month very first day on orientation(which was joke itself). If you get hired and are desperate enough to join them tip for you don't drive to their Mississauga office as they won't do anything in the orientation will just gather docs from you and give you shifts and you have to pay for parking fee which is around 15$, so just send them all the docs online. All the shifts they gave me were for 3 -4 hours home visits(so they block your schedule for the whole day and and you just get paid for few hours as shifts were in the middle of the day like from 12pm-4pm) don't pay any Mileage and Salary is lowest in GTA around 20 dollars per hour for RPN. After confirming the shifts manager called to decrease the hours more made 4 hour shift to a 2 hour visit. THESE MONEY MAKING SCAMS TRY TO MAKE PROFITS WITH YOUR PROFESSIONAL LICENSE AT STAKE
Pros
Cons
Still exist
Management leaves you high and dry
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 August 2018
Oshawa Bayshore is not a great place to work. So much work and they do not care how it affects your home life. If they could have you working 24 hours they would. They pay all their employees a different starting amount regardless on how qualified you are. They try to pay the least amount they can. Hopefully you never need them to back you up with a client because when you so need them they are never there. No room for advancement or a raise. They do not value their great employees.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Cannot live on the pay
Good company
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2018
People communicate very well. Not very good wage in Toronto/, There is only Home making. There is not too much hours for work. Gaz ius not paid. Psw doi only homemaking.
Visit Nurse; Palliative Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2018
Very accommodating for work life balance. Easy to arrange day around children and apts and still see clients. Offers great training, good management support
Pros
work life balance
Cons
need better nursing salary
Great team in Calgary
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
I really enjoyed working for Bayshore. They had a great, collaborative, team environment. Good benefits. Nice office space. Room to advance. Interesting clients.
Pros
Supportive work environments
Cons
Stressful job if your are a coordinator
Bayshore Pediatric Program gives the opportunity to Provide Excellent Nursing care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC; Burnaby, BC30 July 2018
The Bayshore Pediatric Program is an amazing program for RNs & LPNs to work in. Nurses get to work one on one with complex pediatric clients (Trach, Trach/vent, PICC, Palliative) for their entire shift. It is extremely rewarding work and is the rare opportunity for nurses to feel like they are providing excellent nursing care.
Bayshore provides advance training opportunities. Nurses can also choose if they want to work casual, part-time or full-time hours.
Nurses care for their clients at school, in the community, at home, and on vacation!
Wages are competitive with hospital. Benefits & MSP for working >15 hours/week, RSP program.
Management is responsive and available. Can talk to a manager 24hrs/day, 7 days/week.
Unfortunately, Bayshore Peds is still living in the past with paper documentation and needs to get on board with electronic documentation
Pros
Clients; Wages; Management; Environment; Benefits
Cons
Still using paper documentation; Does not provide employees with electronic devices
Ottawa Bayshore Home Health
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2018
Bayshore is a backwards place to work that relies on faxes and phones for communication. Getting a full time salary was difficult, and I had to work about 12 hours a day to make a decent salary. Some of the job assignments were call overnight, with dangerous and dark environments to go to alone. It was scary, and when I think back to some of the remote areas I had to go to at night, I am lucky I came out alive. My manager was difficult to work with, with a flare up personality. The pay was about 3/4 what I can get at a hospital, but lower when you consider gas reimbursement was on the pay. To top that off, no one was hired full time or part time, we were all casual and not guaranteed anything. We also had no benefits. I am much happier at a hospital as a Registered Nurse, where I feel safe, am well paid, and don't have to use my own vehicle to see people. And now I have guaranteed hours and guaranteed pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, dangerous work assignments.
Decent Office Job
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2018
Decent Office job, handling client and field staff schedules and hours. Dealing with Inquires that come in, Answering many calls and emails during the day. Depending on your personality, it is a good work environment.
Pros
Benefits, Stable Hours
Cons
Management, Over Worked
just like any other service company theres good and theres bad depends on how you look at it
RPN (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON26 May 2018
use to get a ton of hours now not so much none of my coworkers either
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2018
Very productive environment , nice salary but management can be improved. Needs more job security for employee, They need to improve their training. Workplace environment can have more fun because we spend 8 hours of our day there.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 April 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bayshore.

With competitive pay, a wonderful staff, great benefits and many opportunities for career advancement I couldn't have been happier.

If I hadn't relocated to an area without Bayshore I would have continued to pursue employment for many years.
horrible place to work
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 April 2018
this company is the worst company to work for, High turnover in office and PSW, no one knows what they are doing, If you don't do what they want when they want you will have hrs taken from you.
I heard they don't give me hrs because I don't need the money that I heard from a client cuz no one from the office would ever have the balls. If you say something to defend yourself you get hrs taken away from you.save yourself the bull and go somewhere else. Never ever have had a raise
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Very difficult to live on wage
PT Assistant/Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2018
Worked there for a few years and did not make much in monetary compensation. They don't cover milage even though are you travelling for work from retirement home to retirement home nor do you get pain for those hours.
Pros
weekday work
Cons
no pay for travel or milage compensation
Nightmare
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg14 March 2018
You will not be granted most of the things stated out in the job application descriptions. Things appear really good in the first 6 months.
If you want to support a “ big company corporates” for big business money gains ( no raises for staff on the front lines) than this is for you. Or, do you want to provide ongoing care to the patients that should be at the top of our list.
You are not given enough time to properly take care of your patients and the client’s are quite aware that you are rushing around like chicken to get finished in a strict time allowed for the appt.

It is rare that you will get paid more time to complete tasks.
The stories nurses share are very common such as, putting in a lot of time working evenings after your day shift which can often turn into working over the weekends as well.
If you ask for time that should have be been granted to you , it is recorded and used against you for a possible terminatation, no matter how hard you have worked.

Don’t let anyone take advantage of you
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Very poor communication within the company

Comment – 21 March 2018

There isn’t a option to put no stars and an explanation as to the reason.

good work but few scheduled hours
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2018
Clients varied in needs and requirements. Due to lack of hours scheduled benefits are limited to a minor reduction in drug assistance for medications or prescriptions. Management is constantly changing so stability is in question.
Pros
varied clients
Cons
not many hours scheduled
fun workplace
ADMISTRATION ASSISTANT/ Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 February 2018
very good place to start with. Everyone is so nice, friendly environment to work in. Good salary with benefits.
Not a lot of restrictions but work hard to make your way up.
It's alright
Developmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 February 2018
The job itself is fantastic, the way it's organized needs some improvement. Management needs to be aware of what happens more and take less vacation time.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Lots of Driving, No Breaks between clients, Stressful
Bayshore is very flexible when it comes to work hours and locations you work at.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 February 2018
Bayshore is one of the best companies I have worked for. They are very flexible when it comes to the amount of hours you want to work as well as the locations that work best for you. There is regular training; some is required and some is optional. The hardest part of the job is when you loose clients that you have had for a long time due to illness, death, or change in their circumstances. It is also hard to keep a regular amount of hours due to these changes in people's lives. Bayshore does their best to secure the amount of hours you would like but sometimes this could be difficult. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is getting to know so many different people who you know you are also helping and that you are doing what you can to make their lives as happy as possible.
Pros
Flexible hours and work locations
Cons
Loosing clients you may have become used to, this also sometimes affects your preferred number of hours.
You are able to create your own availability, but mandatory to work every second weekend.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 February 2018
Good place to work, decent pay, but average for psw in homecare.

does not pay gas per km. Only receive $1.50 for short distances and $3.25 for longer - which may be over an hour of driving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.