Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews for Support Staff

good workplace when my schedule is well balanced
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 May 2018
most enjoyable part is the clients i meet and the stories and life experiences they have to tell. hardest part is when a client is hurt i have to try gaining hours back hoping a client i pick up gains more hours or lives nearby to reduce excess driving
Cons
hours added outside of availability, makes hard to take off hours meant to be as a fill in but gets added as a regular visit
I worked for 5 years for this company.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON22 March 2018
I learned many different experiences as a P.S.W.. I didn't have to work behind a desk. I worked out in the public; going from house to house; client to client.
Working with the sick
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2018
I go to clients home help them with every day needs like showers/food prep. range of motion. give family support to end of life members. And at the end of the day the best part is knowing that you have help someone and they are happy.
Pros
knowing some are happy
Cons
losing people
good work but few scheduled hours
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2018
Clients varied in needs and requirements. Due to lack of hours scheduled benefits are limited to a minor reduction in drug assistance for medications or prescriptions. Management is constantly changing so stability is in question.
Pros
varied clients
Cons
not many hours scheduled
Great Company
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 February 2018
I honestly don't have any complaints, the staff are great, job is great. My only problem is the hours but I hear they are getting longer hours ( clients with longer hours) . I don't drive so it is hard for me to get around from client to client and would be worth it if the clients were longer hours. It is a very flexible job if you have small children or very specific hours of availability. The coordinators are great with working around your schedule and understanding.
Bayshore is very flexible when it comes to work hours and locations you work at.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 February 2018
Bayshore is one of the best companies I have worked for. They are very flexible when it comes to the amount of hours you want to work as well as the locations that work best for you. There is regular training; some is required and some is optional. The hardest part of the job is when you loose clients that you have had for a long time due to illness, death, or change in their circumstances. It is also hard to keep a regular amount of hours due to these changes in people's lives. Bayshore does their best to secure the amount of hours you would like but sometimes this could be difficult. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is getting to know so many different people who you know you are also helping and that you are doing what you can to make their lives as happy as possible.
Pros
Flexible hours and work locations
Cons
Loosing clients you may have become used to, this also sometimes affects your preferred number of hours.
You are able to create your own availability, but mandatory to work every second weekend.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 February 2018
Good place to work, decent pay, but average for psw in homecare.

does not pay gas per km. Only receive $1.50 for short distances and $3.25 for longer - which may be over an hour of driving.
Great Job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 February 2018
It was wonderful doing home care,
Gained lasting relationships with clients and their families.
Management was good everyone in the office was very friendly.
An excellent place to work, but you need a car
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 January 2018
I found the care co ordinators to be compassionate and the workplace enjoyable and fun. I highly recommend Bayshore. But, I would advise people, that they need a car to get to their clients homes.
Flexible hours, good staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 January 2018
I loved working for Bayshore, it was flexible in that you could choose what hours you wanted to work. I miss meeting and taking care of new people. Always can pick up more hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule, autonomous work environment
Cons
pay and benefits are lacking
changing environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 January 2018
My typical day is usually too rushed. I have understanding management and sometimes a great workplace culture depending if you in the community or doing residential care. The hardest part of the job is running out of time with a disabled resident and the most enjoyable part of the job is going place to place for the next client.
Pros
schedule sometimes allows for free time between jobs
Cons
not enough tiem to spend with client
Loved the care and compassionate they showed for their clients.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2018
Management was very understanding and supportive. Always had caring kind fellow employees. The paper could have been a little better but other than that it was a great job.
psw
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 January 2018
they are a very good company, nice people and fun to be with. they give their client a comfortable environment giving them stress free and no fear. i would recommend them
Terrible experience
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 December 2017
This company expects a lot from their workers but doesn't want to return the favour. A typical "live in" shift is a 24 hr shift. You get paid for 13 of the 24hrs at $17 per hr, with a mandatory unpaid 3 hr break. They call it a sleeping shift, which is why they don't pay for for the 8 hrs even though you're expected to get up and toilet residents up to 3 times throughout the night. I don't fall asleep immediately and I can tell you, having to get up 3 times is exhausting and makes falling asleep very difficult.
Another downfall is they only give you 10 mins for traveling from one job to the next which is virtually impossible.
When I was hired, it was for a new complex care client and the job was very demanding. I was told the pay would be higher due to this and that it was definitely a full sleeping shift. Then they phoned me telling me they expected me to work 3/24 hr shifts in a row and that the pay was no different than any other client and when I told them I was no longer interested, they told me I was leaving them in a bind.
I have a very low opinion of this company and believe that the positive reviews are being left by admin or management staff.
Good Organization to work for
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 November 2017
Traveled to Resident homes to assist with activity of daily living.
Remind Resident to take medication, along with light housekeeping.
Travelling is the hardest part. Enjoy meeting new Residents every day.
Pros
Excellent benefit
Cons
Short working hours
Good company to work for
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 October 2017
This is a good company to work for, and the more availability you have the more hours you attain. If you enjoy a fast paced environment where you get the opportunity to meet new people and build quick reliable relationships, this is a great place to do that in.
Pros
Meeting a lot of great people
bobert
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 October 2017
not a bad compant at all to worek for they will keep you working if you want to work but if you do not show any interest they will not call you to pick up a few shifts
awesome management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 October 2017
great team to work with very nice to the psw and that is the way all companys should be to make you feel like you are wanted at a job clients love you that the easy part of the job the hard part is clients leaving but as a psw you will get use to it even tho its sad
Pros
good team
Cons
needs to be paid more
a great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 September 2017
a typical day at work is a very busy day,traveling from one place to the other,you meet very interesting people with so different personalities,management are the best they support their workers and they are very understanding and compassionate.the hardest part of the job is the traveling that you have and not having much time with your family and the most enjoyable is meeting and getting to know you clients and knowing when you finish your day you know you have made someone's day maybe a little bit better.
Pros
the management staff are great
Cons
traveling and not getting much time at home
commitment from clients
Personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 September 2017
Community care is always interesting. The only down fall working in a community setting are clients not being available at their scheduled times for care and not communicating to the office.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
wages and compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Bayshore HealthCare Reviews by Location