Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews for Support Staff

Good company to work for
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 October 2017
This is a good company to work for, and the more availability you have the more hours you attain. If you enjoy a fast paced environment where you get the opportunity to meet new people and build quick reliable relationships, this is a great place to do that in.
Pros
Meeting a lot of great people
bobert
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 October 2017
not a bad compant at all to worek for they will keep you working if you want to work but if you do not show any interest they will not call you to pick up a few shifts
awesome management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 October 2017
great team to work with very nice to the psw and that is the way all companys should be to make you feel like you are wanted at a job clients love you that the easy part of the job the hard part is clients leaving but as a psw you will get use to it even tho its sad
Pros
good team
Cons
needs to be paid more
a great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 September 2017
a typical day at work is a very busy day,traveling from one place to the other,you meet very interesting people with so different personalities,management are the best they support their workers and they are very understanding and compassionate.the hardest part of the job is the traveling that you have and not having much time with your family and the most enjoyable is meeting and getting to know you clients and knowing when you finish your day you know you have made someone's day maybe a little bit better.
Pros
the management staff are great
Cons
traveling and not getting much time at home
commitment from clients
Personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 September 2017
Community care is always interesting. The only down fall working in a community setting are clients not being available at their scheduled times for care and not communicating to the office.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
wages and compensation
Highly recommend this company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON7 September 2017
Staff and management are very supportive and caring about both their staff and clients.
I learned a lot about the job and myself thru my time with this company.
I would highly recommend this company to any PSW's, RPN's, or RN's who would like to work out in the community instead of in the fast-paced environments of hospitals and long-term care facilities.
Pros
Get to spend more time with clients.
Cons
Lots of driving and vehicle wear and tear.
Good work environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON1 August 2017
Bayshore HealthCare is a good place to work to gain experience in a home care setting. There is a lot of travelling involved. You get to meet a lot of clients a their respective homes. The office staff is good to work with.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 July 2017
The people in the office were very unorganized and made working them very difficult as coordinators would always put you everywhere at any given time and sometimes would do it with no notice.
Cons
Very long hours or sometimes next to none
Publicly Assists the Senior Population
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 April 2017
The individuals working at Bayshore Home Health sincerely believe in doing all they can in assisting the elderly by setting up schedules, people's assistance ie. social work, support workers etc. Each Nurse is efficient in coming at the drop of a dime to provide medical care. Everyone from housekeeping up in personal are professional in appearance and attitude.
Lifke any company with so many staffed there are bound to be sections that need accommodation ie. refresher courses, motivational rewards, distance in the workplace from people who become friends rather than co-workers etc.
The seniors are always appreciative of the services they are supplied. Many of the people the support workers see can't wait to have someone that can do the work and do it well.
Pros
Employment and Medicines are paid
Cons
No motivational perks, if a staff is feeling good about their work that staff is quickly put down.
Love my job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2017
I started working for Bayshore 1year ago .great staff and managers love to see my clients smile every time I go visit them .Bayshore also treats there employees with different events through the year .The coordinators are also very happy and understanding.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
When clt move to LTC

Want to know more about Bayshore HealthCare?

Ask a question
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON5 March 2017
I enjoy going to work everyday to see my clients. The best part of my job is them seeing me with smile on their faces. The hardest part of my job is the end of life, which no one takes easy.
Beware after 3 months
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB1 March 2017
After first being hired, be ready to have lots of hours. However, after three months, be ready for your hours to start getting slashed. Management, at first, seem to be very supportive of their staff. However, you learn real fast that they will take the word of clients, and act against the employee very quickly. There is no job security here. You will be dropped in a heartbeat, with no looking back, if they think it will appease their clients.
Pros
Most patients/clients are amazing
Cons
Too many to list.
Supportive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 February 2017
If you required hours you would ask you would get it, scheduler was great when contacted. Staff were funny, and very supportive.
I learned many different ways of caring for people and was educated by my work.

I enjoyed spending time in team meetings and out in the field.
fun and sometimes challenging
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2017
clients are very nice and appreciative. shifts should be longer and workers should at least get 20 hours per week. hardest part of the job is wondering how much hours will i get.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short hours
Always fun
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2017
I love the championship you can build with clients and the office employees. Even though you barely see them it still felt like you have known them your whole lives.
Pros
your own schedule
Cons
traveling
ok
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 January 2017
The clients are amazing....for other stuff within the company lack of communication always. There are good and bad thongs in a lot of places you work,,, rather not say anything negative.
Pros
some stuff amazing
Cons
not enough money
Worst Experience Ever
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC11 January 2017
Rave about being a top employer in Canada, not sure how. I was completely taken advantage of. Poor management, no respect for employees, really could care less if you quit or not. Schedule changes all the time to accommodate new employees. Lack of communication, coordinators are terrible. Changing things last minute and blaming employee for not checking schedule.
If a client complains they say due to staff - changes had to be made. Well if the staff was happy, this problem wouldn't be an issue and they would stay.
I would never recommend this company, ever.
Not taking clients complaints seriously, seems to always be blame
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management.
Learning experiences
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 January 2017
My work experiences have been great exercises in learning the skills and team work with other employees. Hours are flexible as is time off. Employees can pick up extra shifts if they wish.
Pros
exposure to wide variety of skills.
Cons
great job if you have enough hours to sustain a quality of living
Personal Support worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
I go to clients in the community so l travel a lot. I provide basic care for the client. l learn other peoples life stories and experiences .I don't see any co-workers as I work in the community. the hardest part is losing a client and regaining those hours. I love being of services and providing hope and honesty.
Pros
freedom to travel to the clients and meet different social econmical incomes
Cons
not enough hours
Great company to work for.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 December 2016
This is a great company to work for they will work with your schedual and family life. They have benifits for both part time and full time. This company treats you as one of the family.
Pros
Benifits for both full and part time workers
Cons
Sometimes spilt shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Bayshore HealthCare Reviews by Location