Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews for Support Staff

Pleasant place to work with a good pay.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB19 September 2018
Good management with high emotional Intelligence. Nice and understanding supervisors, Standard operational policies and work life Balance.

Bayshore is a standard organisation .
Pros
Guaranteed hours, Nice supervisors
Cons
No career Advancement
Good company
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2018
People communicate very well. Not very good wage in Toronto/, There is only Home making. There is not too much hours for work. Gaz ius not paid. Psw doi only homemaking.
Best Homecare company
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON15 August 2018
Absolutely love this place, it is by far the best I have worked at in all my years of doing homecare, wish I would have been with them sooner. They care about the staff and most importantly the clients. I have found my balance with this company as a PSW you can make you own availability and they always have plenty of hours to go around and the coordination in the office is spot on 😊
I am a very happy employee and if you are looking to be appreciated and acknowledged for what you do , I highly reccomend Bayshore.
Pros
Clients, coordination and management
Cons
No km's, wear and tear on vehicle
Each day is different
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 August 2018
learn each day with clients and their family and how they coop at home and listen to them when they tell you all about their day and what their plans are and helping them with what ever they need
Pros
learning
Cons
could be long hours
Supportive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2018
The people working behind you supporting you while you work helps you provide the clients that you will do your absolute best.
I love working for this agency
Pros
Help you
Cons
They listen to you
Flexable
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 July 2018
Haven't been with the company for long but love the flexibility of the shifts, and the staff is great! They are truly there to make sure YOU are comfortable with the clients
Cons
If you are a smoker, you are not allowed to smoke 1 hour before shift or during your shift even on breaks
Professional and Productive Workplace
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 July 2018
I enjoyed my time with Bayshore, it is like working in a family atmosphere in a professional setting. There is a great deal of respect in all aspects and are very accommodating with your schedule.

I would recommend Bayshore as a excellent place of employment
Pros
Accomodating, ethical
Cons
Pay
Job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 May 2018
Assisting residents with their activities of daily living. Management needs to have more compassion and respect for staff and clients. Making sure I spend time with my residents is the hardest part.
Pros
helping elderly people
Cons
scheduling
good workplace when my schedule is well balanced
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 May 2018
most enjoyable part is the clients i meet and the stories and life experiences they have to tell. hardest part is when a client is hurt i have to try gaining hours back hoping a client i pick up gains more hours or lives nearby to reduce excess driving
Cons
hours added outside of availability, makes hard to take off hours meant to be as a fill in but gets added as a regular visit
I worked for 5 years for this company.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON22 March 2018
I learned many different experiences as a P.S.W.. I didn't have to work behind a desk. I worked out in the public; going from house to house; client to client.
Working with the sick
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2018
I go to clients home help them with every day needs like showers/food prep. range of motion. give family support to end of life members. And at the end of the day the best part is knowing that you have help someone and they are happy.
Pros
knowing some are happy
Cons
losing people
good work but few scheduled hours
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2018
Clients varied in needs and requirements. Due to lack of hours scheduled benefits are limited to a minor reduction in drug assistance for medications or prescriptions. Management is constantly changing so stability is in question.
Pros
varied clients
Cons
not many hours scheduled
Great Company
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 February 2018
I honestly don't have any complaints, the staff are great, job is great. My only problem is the hours but I hear they are getting longer hours ( clients with longer hours) . I don't drive so it is hard for me to get around from client to client and would be worth it if the clients were longer hours. It is a very flexible job if you have small children or very specific hours of availability. The coordinators are great with working around your schedule and understanding.
Bayshore is very flexible when it comes to work hours and locations you work at.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 February 2018
Bayshore is one of the best companies I have worked for. They are very flexible when it comes to the amount of hours you want to work as well as the locations that work best for you. There is regular training; some is required and some is optional. The hardest part of the job is when you loose clients that you have had for a long time due to illness, death, or change in their circumstances. It is also hard to keep a regular amount of hours due to these changes in people's lives. Bayshore does their best to secure the amount of hours you would like but sometimes this could be difficult. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is getting to know so many different people who you know you are also helping and that you are doing what you can to make their lives as happy as possible.
Pros
Flexible hours and work locations
Cons
Loosing clients you may have become used to, this also sometimes affects your preferred number of hours.
You are able to create your own availability, but mandatory to work every second weekend.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 February 2018
Good place to work, decent pay, but average for psw in homecare.

does not pay gas per km. Only receive $1.50 for short distances and $3.25 for longer - which may be over an hour of driving.
Great Job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 February 2018
It was wonderful doing home care,
Gained lasting relationships with clients and their families.
Management was good everyone in the office was very friendly.
An excellent place to work, but you need a car
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 January 2018
I found the care co ordinators to be compassionate and the workplace enjoyable and fun. I highly recommend Bayshore. But, I would advise people, that they need a car to get to their clients homes.
Flexible hours, good staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 January 2018
I loved working for Bayshore, it was flexible in that you could choose what hours you wanted to work. I miss meeting and taking care of new people. Always can pick up more hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule, autonomous work environment
Cons
pay and benefits are lacking
changing environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 January 2018
My typical day is usually too rushed. I have understanding management and sometimes a great workplace culture depending if you in the community or doing residential care. The hardest part of the job is running out of time with a disabled resident and the most enjoyable part of the job is going place to place for the next client.
Pros
schedule sometimes allows for free time between jobs
Cons
not enough tiem to spend with client
Loved the care and compassionate they showed for their clients.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2018
Management was very understanding and supportive. Always had caring kind fellow employees. The paper could have been a little better but other than that it was a great job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Bayshore HealthCare Reviews by Location