Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Lowest Salary in GTA and 3-4 hours shifts
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2018
I was hired as a casual RPN at Bayshore Mississauga. When hired Manager gave me shifts for the whole month very first day on orientation(which was joke itself). If you get hired and are desperate enough to join them tip for you don't drive to their Mississauga office as they won't do anything in the orientation will just gather docs from you and give you shifts and you have to pay for parking fee which is around 15$, so just send them all the docs online. All the shifts they gave me were for 3 -4 hours home visits(so they block your schedule for the whole day and and you just get paid for few hours as shifts were in the middle of the day like from 12pm-4pm) don't pay any Mileage and Salary is lowest in GTA around 20 dollars per hour for RPN. After confirming the shifts manager called to decrease the hours more made 4 hour shift to a 2 hour visit. THESE MONEY MAKING SCAMS TRY TO MAKE PROFITS WITH YOUR PROFESSIONAL LICENSE AT STAKE
Pros
Cons
Still exist
Workplace w/c gives you a lot of learning opportunities and improvement
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 September 2018
A good place to work. As a new nurse, the company is very supportive and often gives training on-line and in-service. Management are accommodating and they know how to advocate for their staff.
Best job I’ve had as an RN
RN (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 September 2018
Having worked at another home care company I was not sure what to expect when I was hired at Bayshore. What I got was an amazing team, incredible support, kindness, understanding and most importantly I was able to spend the full time with my clients rather than only having 15 minutes because I had 15 others to see. Bayshore is a wonderful company to work for if you have a passion for community care!!! I’ve had a 3 different RN jobs prior to Bayshore and I feel very lucky to be a part of their team, as I said, it’s the best job (in many ways) that I’ve had.
Pros
Wage, environment, team work, great leadership
Cons
None that I’ve experienced
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2018
Option of visit, shift or clinic work environment. Busy work but nice to flexibility. Staff friendly and very helpful if you have questions. Lots of opportunity to enhance your skills
Bayshore Pediatric Program gives the opportunity to Provide Excellent Nursing care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC; Burnaby, BC30 July 2018
The Bayshore Pediatric Program is an amazing program for RNs & LPNs to work in. Nurses get to work one on one with complex pediatric clients (Trach, Trach/vent, PICC, Palliative) for their entire shift. It is extremely rewarding work and is the rare opportunity for nurses to feel like they are providing excellent nursing care.
Bayshore provides advance training opportunities. Nurses can also choose if they want to work casual, part-time or full-time hours.
Nurses care for their clients at school, in the community, at home, and on vacation!
Wages are competitive with hospital. Benefits & MSP for working >15 hours/week, RSP program.
Management is responsive and available. Can talk to a manager 24hrs/day, 7 days/week.
Unfortunately, Bayshore Peds is still living in the past with paper documentation and needs to get on board with electronic documentation
Pros
Clients; Wages; Management; Environment; Benefits
Cons
Still using paper documentation; Does not provide employees with electronic devices
Ottawa Bayshore Home Health
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2018
Bayshore is a backwards place to work that relies on faxes and phones for communication. Getting a full time salary was difficult, and I had to work about 12 hours a day to make a decent salary. Some of the job assignments were call overnight, with dangerous and dark environments to go to alone. It was scary, and when I think back to some of the remote areas I had to go to at night, I am lucky I came out alive. My manager was difficult to work with, with a flare up personality. The pay was about 3/4 what I can get at a hospital, but lower when you consider gas reimbursement was on the pay. To top that off, no one was hired full time or part time, we were all casual and not guaranteed anything. We also had no benefits. I am much happier at a hospital as a Registered Nurse, where I feel safe, am well paid, and don't have to use my own vehicle to see people. And now I have guaranteed hours and guaranteed pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, dangerous work assignments.
Flexible
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
I always liked home care, it is flexible and you can pick up shift if they are available. I work in the Oshawa branch and i love the staff there, they are friendly and understanding.
I really enjoyed as a community nurse,
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 January 2018
My experience working at Chatham location.
I loved visiting patients in their homes, using all my RPN skills, training was great, IV administration, wound care, 3M, palliative care, vac dressings , communicating with physicians, CCAC/ lhin, etc.
As for the office, it is all family, they bully field staff, they do not support field staff nurses, heaven for bid do not over work yourself and ask for help, as they do not offer help, they make it very difficult and very uncomfortable settings, they will set you up for failure, they supply you with work tools that do not work so you are unable to do your work efficiently. Then they will threaten your licence. I went out of my zone to help , work very long hours , bent over backwards for this company, to be treated badly . You will not have a life if you work for this company.

Good luck.
Pros
training
Cons
family, no support, unperfessional office staff. and bulling
good salary, working hours,
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2018
Working with Bayshore is really good. good pay, care coordinators are very helpful and understands your every little request regarding scheduling. Supervisors are also very helpful and available. Good training provided before work.
Fair Company to work
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 November 2017
While employed at Bayshore I learned and enhanced my skills in palliative nursing. The management and workplace culture was acceptable and learning was available. The hardest part of the job was the shift I worked and had limited support (night shift) and palliative is always a challenge with families and the dynamics they present. I did enjoy working with clients very much and found that it grew my compassion as a nurse.
Pros
Was able to deal with death in a better and more positive aspect
Cons
Family dynamics presented some concerns.
Always something new to learn
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON26 October 2017
Provides courses, education, and workshops for all employees to attend. Team approach to providing care to clients in the community. Approachable and supportive management team.
Opportunity to progress
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 October 2017
Strengthened ability to work independently. Strong interpersonal skills. Broad base of knowledge Ability to manage my own schedule. Skilled in assessment and care plans.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of compensation for travel time
Slow-paced work environment.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 October 2017
The job hours are variable and securing shifts can be difficult at times as hours are not guaranteed. You encounter clients with more chronic illnesses and all different ages. Minimal use of nursing skills. Overall, it can be an enjoyable job not matter how experienced and if you like routine work.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Difficulty securing shifts, variable hours
Interestingl challenging environment to work in
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 August 2017
Enjoyed working in community, gained some experience with skills such as g-tube feeding etc. Will work in same field with same company if opportunity arises again.
Homecare, clinic opportunities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
Flexible job. You do a bit of everything. Really enjoy contracting with hospices. Also, some pediatric work which is always fun. Have to be confident with tasks as the work is independent. Hours not guaranteed.
Amazing work environment
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 July 2017
Love going to work everyday
every day is interesting
The group listens to your concerns
They allow you to work on your leadership skills
Allow employees pick up shifts and give up shifts within a lotted time
Good Place
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ontario19 June 2017
Good place
Get to build and foster nurse-client relationships
Management is fair and willing to work with schedule
Lots of learning opportunities and classes
Horrible Experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2017
Great clients however horrible management! Management was rarely available/supportive and would always talk down to you. Office staff would constantly call begging you to work past your availability almost every day due to lack of staff (hmm wonder why) The turnover rate for my old branch was sickening! People got hired, trained and worked less than a few months then left the company because something much better came along with less stress. The only good thing about working for this company were the clients I cared for. Even after I quit with a formal letter given to management the scheduling staff were still calling me asking me to work - just goes to show you the major lack of communication from the branch I used to work for.
Pros
my clients
Cons
managment, disorganization, lack of respect
not enough work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2017
Constantly hiring new nursing staff but have few shifts for current nursing staff. Many shifts are only two hours long. Good rate of pay and pleasant coworkers.
Good work place, management is unsteady
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 March 2017
I love working with people and I love being busy and fast paced all the while educating and providing the best care possible. Bayshore does offer a variety of nursing skills to be learned. Although if there is no work I don't work with makes me uneasy .
benefits
Cons
long driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.