Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Flexible
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
I always liked home care, it is flexible and you can pick up shift if they are available. I work in the Oshawa branch and i love the staff there, they are friendly and understanding.
I really enjoyed as a community nurse,
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 January 2018
My experience working at Chatham location.
I loved visiting patients in their homes, using all my RPN skills, training was great, IV administration, wound care, 3M, palliative care, vac dressings , communicating with physicians, CCAC/ lhin, etc.
As for the office, it is all family, they bully field staff, they do not support field staff nurses, heaven for bid do not over work yourself and ask for help, as they do not offer help, they make it very difficult and very uncomfortable settings, they will set you up for failure, they supply you with work tools that do not work so you are unable to do your work efficiently. Then they will threaten your licence. I went out of my zone to help , work very long hours , bent over backwards for this company, to be treated badly . You will not have a life if you work for this company.

Good luck.
Pros
training
Cons
family, no support, unperfessional office staff. and bulling
good salary, working hours,
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2018
Working with Bayshore is really good. good pay, care coordinators are very helpful and understands your every little request regarding scheduling. Supervisors are also very helpful and available. Good training provided before work.
Fair Company to work
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 November 2017
While employed at Bayshore I learned and enhanced my skills in palliative nursing. The management and workplace culture was acceptable and learning was available. The hardest part of the job was the shift I worked and had limited support (night shift) and palliative is always a challenge with families and the dynamics they present. I did enjoy working with clients very much and found that it grew my compassion as a nurse.
Pros
Was able to deal with death in a better and more positive aspect
Cons
Family dynamics presented some concerns.
Always something new to learn
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON26 October 2017
Provides courses, education, and workshops for all employees to attend. Team approach to providing care to clients in the community. Approachable and supportive management team.
Opportunity to progress
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 October 2017
Strengthened ability to work independently. Strong interpersonal skills. Broad base of knowledge Ability to manage my own schedule. Skilled in assessment and care plans.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of compensation for travel time
Slow-paced work environment.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 October 2017
The job hours are variable and securing shifts can be difficult at times as hours are not guaranteed. You encounter clients with more chronic illnesses and all different ages. Minimal use of nursing skills. Overall, it can be an enjoyable job not matter how experienced and if you like routine work.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Difficulty securing shifts, variable hours
Interestingl challenging environment to work in
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 August 2017
Enjoyed working in community, gained some experience with skills such as g-tube feeding etc. Will work in same field with same company if opportunity arises again.
Homecare, clinic opportunities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
Flexible job. You do a bit of everything. Really enjoy contracting with hospices. Also, some pediatric work which is always fun. Have to be confident with tasks as the work is independent. Hours not guaranteed.
Amazing work environment
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 July 2017
Love going to work everyday
every day is interesting
The group listens to your concerns
They allow you to work on your leadership skills
Allow employees pick up shifts and give up shifts within a lotted time
Good Place
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ontario19 June 2017
Good place
Get to build and foster nurse-client relationships
Management is fair and willing to work with schedule
Lots of learning opportunities and classes
Horrible Experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2017
Great clients however horrible management! Management was rarely available/supportive and would always talk down to you. Office staff would constantly call begging you to work past your availability almost every day due to lack of staff (hmm wonder why) The turnover rate for my old branch was sickening! People got hired, trained and worked less than a few months then left the company because something much better came along with less stress. The only good thing about working for this company were the clients I cared for. Even after I quit with a formal letter given to management the scheduling staff were still calling me asking me to work - just goes to show you the major lack of communication from the branch I used to work for.
Pros
my clients
Cons
managment, disorganization, lack of respect
not enough work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2017
Constantly hiring new nursing staff but have few shifts for current nursing staff. Many shifts are only two hours long. Good rate of pay and pleasant coworkers.
Good work place, management is unsteady
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 March 2017
I love working with people and I love being busy and fast paced all the while educating and providing the best care possible. Bayshore does offer a variety of nursing skills to be learned. Although if there is no work I don't work with makes me uneasy .
benefits
Cons
long driving
Flexible scheduling
RN (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 March 2017
Great flexible scheduling, worked independent. Team was supportive when needing support, example if a second opinion was needed on a client condition or care needs.
Pros
flexible
Cons
unpredictable income
great management and scheduling team
Registered Practical Nurse, Community Care (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 March 2017
great company, decent pay for new RPNs, no security when working with one on one clients, community nursing is not for everyone all depends on the clients you get to work with. All staff at bayshore have been very kind and supportive
Pros
good staff
Cons
no security for hours
ok place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  chatham ontario20 February 2017
you keep the same pt all the time,
you are responsible for their supplies
you can schedule your day, making mutal agreeable times with pt for visits.
lots of education and resources available for learning
Pros
keep same pt
Cons
lots of mileage
Nice staff to work with
Staff Nurse / in home nursing care (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 January 2017
Enjoyed working in community doing private duty. Flexible hours/ shifts. Good management. Very supportive.

Several learning opportunities provided.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
winter weather, bad roads not plowed out before 7 am shift
support
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2017
More support from employer to employee is needed, as nurses are out in the community working independently they could use the assistance of the office a little more
Able to utilize diverse skills and access resources beneficial to clients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON and area16 January 2017
Schedule varied day to day. Time management mandatory to accommodate schedule. Courses and in-services required to attain best practice.
Developed skills in areas of time management, in-home dialysis, palliation and wound care to name some.
Due to geographical issues, management was not always able to assist RNs and RPNs as it affected adequate communications.
Co-workers formed a cohesive and supportive team, which allowed a high level of care to the clients with continuity of care.
The most difficult part of the job was the travelling. Usually 200-400kms per day with inadequate compensation for fuel and maintenance of own vehicle.
Experienced much joy in interacting with clients, providing care and accessing resources to encourage positive therapeutic relationships and aid in clients' recovery.
Pros
Ability to utilize broad base of knowledge and diverse nursing skills
Cons
Extensive travel with large cachement area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.