Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews for PSW

my favorite job so far
PSW (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB11 September 2017
Bayshore home health has been the most rewarding an amazing job I have ever had.I had to leave this job due to family obligations but will return soon
Pros
everything, i worked for some amazing people
Cons
nothing really
Worst company
PSW (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON18 June 2017
They hire, with the story of a perfect balance of work and home environment. But if you don't leave your availability open for 18 hours per day, you get nothing. Once you pass your probation, step up a pay grade, the coordinators shut down your hours. You go to your manager and explain that you have no hours, and you're just given lip service, with promises that; "it will get better" and " they will take care of this". Nothing is done
Middle management is running the show, and all direct managers or uppers are coasting and afraid to do anything in favour of frontline staff.
Pros
Lots of cluster care
Cons
I've said enough
Wow amazing weather!
PSW (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 March 2017
Starting my sun shining day happy, I get to go to a busy multi-cultural environment helping and assisting others with their needs. A great feeling to help others! Residents/clients/patients are depending on us to make their illness better by relieving stress, a moment of happiness, relieved! On my breaks I take residents outside for walks volunteering my time with them. I've learned if you go the extra mile, you can make a difference in someone's life. A rewarding feeling. Taking risks involving Management is so worth it cause you have a voice. Respect is demanded in all areas of the organizations. Management is always their for encouragement, and motivate us to improve in areas needed to be the best. Its an open door policy that allows us to express any concerns at the same time rectify any issues. They are our leader's that we follow. These organizations are a multi-cultural based personnel. Learning other cultures can be exciting but understanding is the key. Listening skills are so important in retaining information with every aspect of the organization. Communication in written or verbal is the key to success. Hardship happens when you loose a friend when your off work and come the next shift and they passed. It's almost impossible not to care. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and seeing families happy. I feel that I have learned a lot working and gained vital skills and competencies. Working in the community is a challenge but indifference is good. Change is a positive thing not a negative one! Makes you stronger.
Pros
Pick your own hours
Cons
Deaths
Great and Productive agency
PSW (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON4 February 2017
Bayshore is good agency and nice place to work. They are giving me client that suites my profession/career. Bayshore gives me a morning shift which i like and throught that i've learned alot of things with regards to caring the patient. The management staff are great approachable and kind. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patient smile.
London branch
PSW (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 February 2017
We have a new area director She s fantastic
Great team
I m an employee of Bayshore and I love my team
If you are looking for a new job ...
Come and join us
Pros
Love it
Cons
Great place to work at. Managers are awesome
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 December 2016
Great atmosphere. Managers are great as far as scheduling and dealing with issues employees have. The hours are as much as you want them to be depending on your availability.
Employees are just as amazing as myself and you!
PSW (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON4 April 2014
Employees are just as amazing as myself and you!
There is always room to learn when classes are offered!
Meeting new people everyday
PSW (Current Employee) –  KITCHENER18 March 2013
As a Person Support worker: home support, a typical day would be visiting diffrent clients in their home, some are very nice people but some not so nice. Management needs to improve more on the schedulling and communication. Some of the coordinators are just there they do not really know what they are doing, they call you one million times a day never give you enough hours to live on; maybe 1 hour a day it is really frustrating...and the pay is very low.
Pros
flexible hours..
Cons
not enough scheduled hours to live on