Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

disorganized, still love the clients
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 October 2017
Liked working with the clients, scheduling is last minute and unreliable, don't ever get days off. When requesting time off guilted in to working more.
Great company
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company, They really communicate with us in the field , very understanding and flexible with work hours , lots of ongoing education is provided
Excellent to work for
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 August 2017
A supportive employer with a great team, hands on involvement from management and lots of personal training to improve skill sets. A respectful environment of staff and clients. All around a great place.
Pros
Respectful and supportive
Cons
good company to work with
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
they gave more shifts that are convenient for the health care aides, i learned so many skills and knowledge through trainings they have, the management are lenient and approachable. the hardest part of the job was travelling in winter times but the most enjoyable part was being a part of the health care team and able to render professional home care to the clients who needs most.
Good place
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2017
Good place to work , not hard job . if you like driving , you will love this job . Morning job and you have to drive door to door .
Horrible place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC4 January 2017
The Management is always very rude, the hours are horrible, no benefits and the wage is low. They continue to hire new staff when there is no hours for the current workers. The company only allows workers to refuse work if their hours is under 1.5 hours. There has been times where a had to work an hour at 9am and come back to work a half an hour at 1pm and even after calling in they made no effort to try and get rid of the visits or to fill in the HUGE time gap.
Pros
Cons
No hours, lower
my preview is that this company is more about the business than the compassion and care of our clients. I have been doing my job for over 30 yrs and I
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2016
My day starts with evening meals and medication until 6:30,when it is time to do tuck ins.In that there are safty checks, tuck in are asst, undressing wash ups oral care,and HS medications if required,I learn each day as clients change for the better or worst,that each are so very different.Management well there could be some improvment in my eyes seems to be to many and not all seems to know what the other is doing.For the most part I really dont see or work with my coworkers and when we do its nice to see and work with them.The hardest part of my job is when one of our clients pass away. Since we grow close over time its some times hard to let go. My clients and residents have always been the joy of my job, watching them recover from illnesses or watching wounds heal watching them light up when they see us walk in the door these thing are the best part of the job.
Pros
there are none like your example
Cons
there are none
Professional and ethical place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 March 2016
Since I have started with Bayshore, I have felt supported by Bayshore on every level. I have appreciated the acknowledgement for a job well done.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Working alone
Care, Patience, Luncheons, and Bonus'
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2015
Typical work day starts and end with client care. Time management is difficult to maintain as client care varies with each visit. There are specific tasks to do and then there are the unusual, unexpected tasks that cannot be left undone nor left for another to do. Patience and tolerance you learn every day. In home care, communication with the office and nurse supervisor is important as I do not see nor communicate directly with other HCAs for the same client. Hardest part is what to do in the down time or wait time between clients which could be anywhere from 15 minutes to 4 hours. The most enjoyable part is the smile a client gives that warms ones heart.
Pros
Smiles, tea time
Cons
Bowel Movements
Great for starting out as Health Care Aide
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2015
Promised a full time job - as soon as hired, the job was unavailable.
Not as stable as I needed.
Other health care aide's were amazing; always there to offer help
Always had someone to call for direct help or questions
Bayshore Home Health
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2015
It was the first job that allowed me to use my HCA skills and I was able to do a variety of jobs that are possible in that field. I did private home care which included light house keeping and cooking. Companionship was a huge part of the job. I also did medical escorts and went into long term care facilities to do companionship clients. I worked with the elderly by helping them do day to day activities and other clients had acquired brain injuries. The variety of clients I saw really gave me a lot of experience in the spectrum of HCA field
Pros
The variety of clients with various needs, so was able to use all the skills I learned in school in real world applications.
Cons
I was given the most difficult cases, they knew I would be able to handle them, that in turn burned me out.
Terrible
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2015
A typical day at work - 500 calls from office begging you to take more clients. Higher ups tell you to learn to say no once in a while but the CSC's never take NO as an answer.
Management - was awful. You have to go through 5 different people to leave a voicemail to get an answer MAYBE 2 weeks later. (If at all.)
Co-workers - I met maybe 2 other HCA's... we had the same view on this place...
Hardest part of the job - The office doesn't give 2 craps about clients, I DO. You can call with a concern and it gets swept under the rug. The turnover rate is ridiculous, my CSC would tell me every other day that they hired like 10 new people and then the next day - 'Oh, two people quit on me today'. Obviously something is wrong if people quit right away. The ONLY reason I stayed for as long as I did, is that I was terrified of the care my clients (who I had come to care for, obviously) would receive if I was no longer their caregiver.
The OFFICE staff will generally say they love their jobs and management is great, but they ALL treat FIELD STAFF LIKE DIRT.

Bayshore will hire anyone and work you into the ground, and give ZERO recognition. If you are passionate about what you do... DO NOT WORK HERE
productive and creative
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is by taking care,rendering personal care to my clients as well as making jokes and fun to make your day enjoyable and make your patient laugh loud.
inconsistent work, very demanding, very short notice
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2013
This is a company that promises a lot and doesn't deliver. There were no benefits, and no raises the entire 18 months I worked for them. I started working 55 hours a week but when I had a complaint about how I was treated, was cut dramatically. They won't tell you about any complaints from clients, and just really don't seem to care.
Cons
long hours, short notice cancellation, no benefits very poor pay
not a positive experience
health care aide (Former Employee) –  edmonton,ab3 November 2012
I wouldn't recommend bayshore as a good steady job.It was hard to find hours and when you did get the hours it was hard to keep them.If you lost a client to unforeseen circumstances it would take them a long time to get you a new client.
Cons
not enough hours.
A great company to work forl
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Brockville, Ontario14 July 2012
The staff is very friendly and helpful, There are workshops and courses to keep your skills upgraded. When workshops and courses are finished you receive a certificate. The company is involved in the community. The big community event is the Relay for Life for people with cancer.
Pros
friendly and helpful staff.