Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

bobert
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 October 2017
not a bad compant at all to worek for they will keep you working if you want to work but if you do not show any interest they will not call you to pick up a few shifts
commitment from clients
Personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 September 2017
Community care is always interesting. The only down fall working in a community setting are clients not being available at their scheduled times for care and not communicating to the office.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
wages and compensation
Publicly Assists the Senior Population
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 April 2017
The individuals working at Bayshore Home Health sincerely believe in doing all they can in assisting the elderly by setting up schedules, people's assistance ie. social work, support workers etc. Each Nurse is efficient in coming at the drop of a dime to provide medical care. Everyone from housekeeping up in personal are professional in appearance and attitude.
Lifke any company with so many staffed there are bound to be sections that need accommodation ie. refresher courses, motivational rewards, distance in the workplace from people who become friends rather than co-workers etc.
The seniors are always appreciative of the services they are supplied. Many of the people the support workers see can't wait to have someone that can do the work and do it well.
Pros
Employment and Medicines are paid
Cons
No motivational perks, if a staff is feeling good about their work that staff is quickly put down.
Bayshore was a great
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2017
I loved working for Bayshore clients and field staff were pleasant to work with. I would still be there if it wasn't for the area director and manager of the branch at the time of my employment. I left as it was very stressful environment to work in with AD and MNG. They are no longer emplyed with Bayshore. If I had an opportunity to return I would love to work with Bayshore again.
Pros
Excellent field staff and clientele
ok
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 January 2017
The clients are amazing....for other stuff within the company lack of communication always. There are good and bad thongs in a lot of places you work,,, rather not say anything negative.
Pros
some stuff amazing
Cons
not enough money
Challenging working with other jobs
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 January 2017
I did enjoy working for Bay Shore for I cared for some very nice seniors & helped out a family for a few months . I did find the company weren't very organized about scheduling shifts a head in time & expected me to run out the door on very little notice.
I did work with some nice girls and also gained more knowledge working on my own .
Pros
Making new friends
Cons
Not being thanked
fun
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 January 2016
co-workers are amazing
not enough hours to live on.....always begging for more hours
most enjoyable part of job is my clients making them happy and making my schedulers laugh at least once a day
Helped to get some experience and go forward.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 November 2014
Overall, nice company to start with but I won't work for a long time because of the pay scale and driving a lot and pay yourself for the gas and time you drove.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
driving a lot
busy, unorganized, bad communacation
Personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 April 2014
A typical day at work for me would be to go to a client's house and introduce myself and let them know where i am coming from. Then i would sign in and look over the client's care plan to see what is required from me to do in the home and with the client.
I would help the client with there daily needs and then go and see my next client for the day. I rarely every saw my manger or my co worker, Then i would have to learn each client's needs and routine so i could help them to the best of my knowledge. The hardest part of my job is dealing with death and attendant sadness. The most enjoyable part was being able to help people when they can not help themselves to there full capacity.
More productive and knowledgable
RPN (Current Employee) –  Kitchener ON7 November 2013
I started my nursing currier at bayshore home health as a Registered Practical Nurse where i learned so many things. firstly, time management and organisational skills, leadership skills etc. all the management staff and co-workers are so polite and very helpful.Since the work environment is great it is very easy to tackle difficult situations at the work. the most enjoyable part of the job is you get see see all veriety of clients in the community and lots of opportunities to learn new things and to gain more knowledge.
Love Bayshore
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 September 2013
Very flexible schedule, however not enough hours. I enjoyed getting to know the clients that I did and working with them. I was able to communicate or discuss any concerns with my supervisors and team members.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Not enough hours
Adventurous productive job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener Ontario8 July 2013
In this kind of job you must have a long patience, compassion, ethics, creative, time management,caring and work as a team to co-workers. I learn how to deal with different people with health related problem of the client, encouragement and motivation. Manage your time with the allotted time in providing care & follow the care plan. Its hard if there's a new related health concern or accident happens to a client. I'm happy if my client is getting better or there's improvement & if they are happy and give a compliment to us providing their care. The travel allowance is not enough it should be computed based on the mileage.
Casual Nursing
Caregiver (RPN) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario23 June 2013
On-call community nursing.

Easy low-stress work, however, it is difficult to live on because the hours are irregular.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Irregular Hours
Meeting new people everyday
PSW (Current Employee) –  KITCHENER18 March 2013
As a Person Support worker: home support, a typical day would be visiting diffrent clients in their home, some are very nice people but some not so nice. Management needs to improve more on the schedulling and communication. Some of the coordinators are just there they do not really know what they are doing, they call you one million times a day never give you enough hours to live on; maybe 1 hour a day it is really frustrating...and the pay is very low.
Pros
flexible hours..
Cons
not enough scheduled hours to live on