Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

An okay company to work for
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 October 2017
Bayshore is a great company for servicing clients and they do their best to make sure clients are happy. However, they do not do what is best to make their employees/admin staff content or happy. There is little focus on finding the right staff to hire, and more focus on simply getting workers in the door. Which in turn, can cause more issues. They pay their staff fairly poorly, however field staff are often extremely hard working and do their best with what they have.
Amazing work environment
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 July 2017
Love going to work everyday
every day is interesting
The group listens to your concerns
They allow you to work on your leadership skills
Allow employees pick up shifts and give up shifts within a lotted time
Good company to work for
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2017
Happily employed at bayshore home health care. Great staff and clients. I like that the company promotes from within and feel that there is the opportunity for advancement for those who are interested. The entry wage for admin is good, but raises are based on years of service rather than performance.
Pros
Promotes from within the company; staff; management
Cons
Wage is based on years of service; long work hours
Wow amazing weather!
PSW (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 March 2017
Starting my sun shining day happy, I get to go to a busy multi-cultural environment helping and assisting others with their needs. A great feeling to help others! Residents/clients/patients are depending on us to make their illness better by relieving stress, a moment of happiness, relieved! On my breaks I take residents outside for walks volunteering my time with them. I've learned if you go the extra mile, you can make a difference in someone's life. A rewarding feeling. Taking risks involving Management is so worth it cause you have a voice. Respect is demanded in all areas of the organizations. Management is always their for encouragement, and motivate us to improve in areas needed to be the best. Its an open door policy that allows us to express any concerns at the same time rectify any issues. They are our leader's that we follow. These organizations are a multi-cultural based personnel. Learning other cultures can be exciting but understanding is the key. Listening skills are so important in retaining information with every aspect of the organization. Communication in written or verbal is the key to success. Hardship happens when you loose a friend when your off work and come the next shift and they passed. It's almost impossible not to care. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and seeing families happy. I feel that I have learned a lot working and gained vital skills and competencies. Working in the community is a challenge but indifference is good. Change is a positive thing not a negative one! Makes you stronger.
Pros
Pick your own hours
Cons
Deaths
Loved the work - enjoyed the clients
PSW - Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 February 2017
I found the company lacking at the management level - far too unorganized in scheduling clients without proper consideration with PSW schedules. Often found it difficult as not enough travelling time was allotted between clients - that was the hardest part of the job.
I learned a little kindness goes a long way in working with people in need. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Always fun
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2017
I love the championship you can build with clients and the office employees. Even though you barely see them it still felt like you have known them your whole lives.
Pros
your own schedule
Cons
traveling
support
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2017
More support from employer to employee is needed, as nurses are out in the community working independently they could use the assistance of the office a little more
Great place to work at. Managers are awesome
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 December 2016
Great atmosphere. Managers are great as far as scheduling and dealing with issues employees have. The hours are as much as you want them to be depending on your availability.
Great company to work for.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 December 2016
This is a great company to work for they will work with your schedual and family life. They have benifits for both part time and full time. This company treats you as one of the family.
Pros
Benifits for both full and part time workers
Cons
Sometimes spilt shifts
was a good job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  hamilton and area8 December 2016
enjoyed my job alot. Going from client to client in different settings was alot of fun, Always new challenges and new and friendly faces.
Pros
New challenges
Cons
driving
loving and caring people
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 November 2016
People were very loving and caring people, I had to know everyone there. I got along with many people there and I had wonderful time with every single person.
Pros
brought my own lunch
Cons
worked long hours
Good place to work if you don't want to be appreciated
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2016
I worked a number of years for this company and the only thing I got was used. Skills and talents are taken advantage of, favours and going above and beyond mean nothing to them in the end. It's all about the bottom line and the money they can make. Co-workers were great, management a joke.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, lack of appreciation, lack of support and accountability, clear divide between employees and management
pretty good place to work for
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2016
It will always be about the clients for me, that is why i love my job> I always look forward to my visit with my clients, i love to put a smile on there face and when they say thank you, you know they mean it.
Pros
clients
Cons
sometimes the places are pretty bad
productive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 March 2016
A typical day at work is exhausted, happy. I learned a lot for all the clients that I have they have different behavior and mood swing. They are all friendly and approachable. Dealing with dementia residents and the residents that can't find the happy place for them to live. Most of the resident in he facility said this is not my home. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I help people who are inneed of my help.
Bayshore Health care
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 July 2015
• Experience in caring for quadriplegic pts., cancer pts., dementia with Parkinson’s pts. and experience in seizure management. While encouraging attitude with a strong capability of inspiring trust and compassionate holistic care.
• Wound care , enteral tube medication administration and feeding, Insertion of Condom catheters,Hoyer Lift 1 person transfer, Head to toe assessment, medication administration, vital signs, blood glucose monitoring, aid to hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia, initiation and maintenance of IV therapy, normal and abnormal blood values.
This job would be better if there was more work, and it wasnt an on-call job
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 April 2015
-a typical day at work would be going to a scheduled school and going class to class checking for head lice.
-i learned more about client confidentiality
-management is great
-i dont see many of my coworkers, this is more of an on-call independent job
-there hasnt been a hard part of this job
-i enjoy this job, but its not consistent
great inservices
Registered Nurse Home Visiting (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2015
Bayshore really cares about staff and clients. Bayshore never turns away a client.
Computer charting is still needing kinks to be worked out.
Worker safety is important, and company promotes their nurses to work safely.
Pros
Bayshore nurse really do care about their clients
Cons
you have to do midnight on-call as full time or part time, or get demoted to casual.
Enjoy working as a PSW
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 September 2014
A typical day at work is very interesting because you are working in your preferred environment and clientele, you are able to learn a lot of new things in the community as a result of different situations you come across. Co workers are very helpful to each other given feedback.
Very busy
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 August 2014
Very busy work environment. Phones are very busy and stressful.
The clients, and my co-workers made my day, every day!
Hamilton - Full-time Day Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 March 2014
I enjoyed helping clients, and co-workers, with anything I could possibly do to assist them. They made my work day worthwhile!
Pros
Great co-workers and clients
Cons
Job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.