Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Great Company
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 February 2018
I honestly don't have any complaints, the staff are great, job is great. My only problem is the hours but I hear they are getting longer hours ( clients with longer hours) . I don't drive so it is hard for me to get around from client to client and would be worth it if the clients were longer hours. It is a very flexible job if you have small children or very specific hours of availability. The coordinators are great with working around your schedule and understanding.
Toxic environment - even worse management
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 January 2018
Started out as a great place to work casually on call. Once full time - no training was provided. Simply thrown into the job expected to perform successfully. Area director caves under pressure and takes her stress out on CSCs.
Pros
Fellow CSCs
changing environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 January 2018
My typical day is usually too rushed. I have understanding management and sometimes a great workplace culture depending if you in the community or doing residential care. The hardest part of the job is running out of time with a disabled resident and the most enjoyable part of the job is going place to place for the next client.
Pros
schedule sometimes allows for free time between jobs
Cons
not enough tiem to spend with client
no reimbursement so at the hospital u make $9 hourly
Companion (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 January 2018
I was hired as a companion and got two hour shifts and there which is great if you re 14 and it's your parents car. As well they don't reimburse you for parking so when you finally do get an eight hour shift at say the hospital, off your new MINIMUM WAGE pay of 14 bucks an hour you will take home only $9 bucks an hour.
Pros
Get to meet condescending staff
Cons
Your interview won't be with the time you stay
good salary, working hours,
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2018
Working with Bayshore is really good. good pay, care coordinators are very helpful and understands your every little request regarding scheduling. Supervisors are also very helpful and available. Good training provided before work.
relaxed work environment and supportive staff
RPN/LVN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario Canada29 December 2017
I enjoy working with Bayshore as the environment is relaxed and all staff are very supportive. I enjoy working with them as it makes me happy to help family members with their loved ones care. Families are very appreciative which makes me do for them.
Pros
Cons
low salary
An okay company to work for
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 October 2017
Bayshore is a great company for servicing clients and they do their best to make sure clients are happy. However, they do not do what is best to make their employees/admin staff content or happy. There is little focus on finding the right staff to hire, and more focus on simply getting workers in the door. Which in turn, can cause more issues. They pay their staff fairly poorly, however field staff are often extremely hard working and do their best with what they have.
A lot of great people and very diverse.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 September 2017
A typical day at work is usually doing recruitment and helping the field staff with their HR needs.

I learned more on health and safety procedures.

Management is not all competent but mostly are capable.

The workplace culture is diverse which is great.

The hardest part of the job is recruiting the best person for the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help more than 460 field staff.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Some managers are not competent.
Amazing work environment
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 July 2017
Love going to work everyday
every day is interesting
The group listens to your concerns
They allow you to work on your leadership skills
Allow employees pick up shifts and give up shifts within a lotted time
Good company to work for
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 April 2017
Happily employed at bayshore home health care. Great staff and clients. I like that the company promotes from within and feel that there is the opportunity for advancement for those who are interested. The entry wage for admin is good, but raises are based on years of service rather than performance.
Pros
Promotes from within the company; staff; management
Cons
Wage is based on years of service; long work hours
Wow amazing weather!
PSW (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 March 2017
Starting my sun shining day happy, I get to go to a busy multi-cultural environment helping and assisting others with their needs. A great feeling to help others! Residents/clients/patients are depending on us to make their illness better by relieving stress, a moment of happiness, relieved! On my breaks I take residents outside for walks volunteering my time with them. I've learned if you go the extra mile, you can make a difference in someone's life. A rewarding feeling. Taking risks involving Management is so worth it cause you have a voice. Respect is demanded in all areas of the organizations. Management is always their for encouragement, and motivate us to improve in areas needed to be the best. Its an open door policy that allows us to express any concerns at the same time rectify any issues. They are our leader's that we follow. These organizations are a multi-cultural based personnel. Learning other cultures can be exciting but understanding is the key. Listening skills are so important in retaining information with every aspect of the organization. Communication in written or verbal is the key to success. Hardship happens when you loose a friend when your off work and come the next shift and they passed. It's almost impossible not to care. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and seeing families happy. I feel that I have learned a lot working and gained vital skills and competencies. Working in the community is a challenge but indifference is good. Change is a positive thing not a negative one! Makes you stronger.
Pros
Pick your own hours
Cons
Deaths
Loved the work - enjoyed the clients
PSW - Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 February 2017
I found the company lacking at the management level - far too unorganized in scheduling clients without proper consideration with PSW schedules. Often found it difficult as not enough travelling time was allotted between clients - that was the hardest part of the job.
I learned a little kindness goes a long way in working with people in need. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Always fun
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2017
I love the championship you can build with clients and the office employees. Even though you barely see them it still felt like you have known them your whole lives.
Pros
your own schedule
Cons
traveling
support
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2017
More support from employer to employee is needed, as nurses are out in the community working independently they could use the assistance of the office a little more
Great place to work at. Managers are awesome
PSW (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 December 2016
Great atmosphere. Managers are great as far as scheduling and dealing with issues employees have. The hours are as much as you want them to be depending on your availability.
Great company to work for.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 December 2016
This is a great company to work for they will work with your schedual and family life. They have benifits for both part time and full time. This company treats you as one of the family.
Pros
Benifits for both full and part time workers
Cons
Sometimes spilt shifts
was a good job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  hamilton and area8 December 2016
enjoyed my job alot. Going from client to client in different settings was alot of fun, Always new challenges and new and friendly faces.
Pros
New challenges
Cons
driving
loving and caring people
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 November 2016
People were very loving and caring people, I had to know everyone there. I got along with many people there and I had wonderful time with every single person.
Pros
brought my own lunch
Cons
worked long hours
Good place to work if you don't want to be appreciated
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2016
I worked a number of years for this company and the only thing I got was used. Skills and talents are taken advantage of, favours and going above and beyond mean nothing to them in the end. It's all about the bottom line and the money they can make. Co-workers were great, management a joke.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, lack of appreciation, lack of support and accountability, clear divide between employees and management
pretty good place to work for
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2016
It will always be about the clients for me, that is why i love my job> I always look forward to my visit with my clients, i love to put a smile on there face and when they say thank you, you know they mean it.
Pros
clients
Cons
sometimes the places are pretty bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.