Bayshore HealthCare

Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

Great healthcare provider.

A nice place to work. A busy fast-paced workplace. You can fully utilized your knowledge and get enhanced by trainings being offered on a regular basis. Mentors are always available to assist every employee as needed. You get to meet diversity of well trained workers. Management is focused on well being and safety of both clients and workers. It is a place where there is balance between work and family time.

Pros

Good place to work.

management

if you are looking for a well managed company this is not it. the office thinks they're God sent. the facilities you work in take advantage of you and think you work for them when you don't. you will very likely be understaffed and have to do everything yourself. people quit the office monthly so its not even worth remembering their names. overall terrible and would not recommend, but the job keeps the lights on and the water running.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

it will take a toll on your mental health

Great place to work! Supportive environment that listens to their employees and invests in continuing education

Amazing company to work for! You feel valued as an employee and have staff from all levels within the organization there to support and help you grow and succeed. The company really invests in education, mentoring and engaging with their employees. Management is extremely supportive, approachable and values your input, always looking for ways to improve. Bayshore truly cares about their clients and providing the best possible care. I would highly recommend working with Bayshore!

Pros

Support, continuing education, family/work life balance

Positive/Flexible Workplace Where You Feel Valued

Positive work culture where you leave work each day feeling like you've made a positive difference. I've received continuous feedback / positive coaching since I've started working here, and have been given opportunities to grow my role within this company which makes me feel valuable and more like a member of a family. They care about my wellbeing and show that every day. No job is without it's challenges, but I feel my team and myself communicate effectively, encourage and support one another to ask questions when we struggle with any situation and get over any hurdles together. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people ( including our colleagues and clients ) building strong relationships with our clients, meeting new people every day, and growing our business to help those in need in the most compassionate and empathetic way.

Pros

Workplace Culture, Opportunities for Growth, Clients

Cons

Benefits package could improve, but overall good

Noyhi g much

Nothing much. It's a great company to work with.Need Moore hours.The staff are efficient and I will always recommend bayshore to people that I know for themcto also experience the the work ethics at bayshore

Do not recommend

Unorganized, poor management, terrible communication. I do not recommend working here. High turnover due to how the company is managed. The company definitely changed over the last 3 years for the worse.

Pros

Clients

Cons

As listed above.

Official response from Bayshore HealthCare

14 October 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. Could you please email clientservice@bayshore.ca with additional details? We will look into it and follow up with you.Kind regards,Bayshore Human Resources

Great Company!

For the small amount of time I was able to work with Bayshore I have ZERO complaints. IF you work with them, they will work with you to find that balance of work and life. The fulfillment is amazing when you go above and beyound for your clients.

not enough hours

I was being offered clients and areas that I requested not to have so I did a lot of refusing and finally and with a min of 2 hours per client. transiting is horrible and not having enough clients in a day

Pros

non

Cons

not enough clients

Stressful

Always fast paced. Lots of stress. Understaffed. Micro managed.No parking. Pay rate is extremely low. High expectations. Very serious. Not a lot of joy. Very discouraging place to work.

Pros

30 minute lunches.

Cons

No parking for staff.

Very mismanaged and unoeganized.

They require an extreme amount of availability, up to 60 hours a week including days, evenings until 10 pm and weekends.When they are short staffed you can be scheduled 12 hour days and then they will still call you and ask you to pick up more hours. When they have adequate staff you can be demoted to only 15 hours a week. There is absolutely no consistency with hours. If changes happen in you life and you need to reduce your availability, it is almost impossible. You are given a real hard time about availability and if you get a Doctor's note or go on modified duties, you will get maybe 12 hours a week . No wonder they have a large turn over in staff. Scheduling is awful.

Pros

Love the clients

Cons

Mismanaged.

Worked with families as Pediatric home care nurse

Worked with families requiring medical care for their child in their home/community. work schedule based on family needs and available hours they had for nursing care, may or may not have full time hrs, worked days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, flex shifts from 4 hrs to 12 hrs, sometimes full time with one client, part time with more than one. Had another casual nursing job while working for Bayshore

Pros

Set your availability

Cons

Fluctuating hours long term

no hours

This company hires too many and not enough work. If you turn down a job you get put down to the bottom of the list and wont get called for awhile. Pay is minimum benefits ok but only if you have enough hours. Office staff change on the regular. not sure whats happening in there.

Pros

the wonderful clients

Cons

no hours min pay

Management is terrible/office atmosphere is worse than high school

Without question worse job I ever hadManagement just plain sucksThey treat employees like garbage ( unless you are ‘cool with the cool kids’)They keep replacing the same job position because it is just plain awful

Cons

What a sad day in health care

This employer will expect you to go above and beyond job duties, basically making you feel stressed and overwhelmed 24/7. The amount of phone calls and complaints from both PSW field staff and clients was absolutely horrendous. You have a set amount of hours to work per day and too many times I worked outside of work to respond to emails, schedule, etc. This company also does not appreciate or ever compliment their staff (unless they favour you), and work you to death to the point that you are ill and just constantly stressed. There was so much drama at this workplace, and I am still not sure to this day if this employer has ever received a day without drama or chaos. They do not care for people; they care about their profits more than they do for people. If you want to be stressed and overwhelmed constantly, then this company is for you!

Pros

Cons

Toxic workplace environment

Do not work here

Worse company anyone can ever work for. They laid off the great RPN’s & PWS’s and employed new staff.They’re very UNPROFESSIONAL AND LACKADAISICAL!!!!

Pros

There’s no pros!!!!

Cons

unprofessional, Long hours, management have favouritism with certain staff.

Not productive at all

Bayshore is the worst place you can work. They DO NOT VALUE THEIR WORKERS. Management is horrible, they toss you aside when they do not need you they don’t care and sadly nothing can be done because they have no union. Recently they laid off all their great workers into uncertainty and guess what? They are now hiring new workers to fill those positions lol what a joke!!! People who have served were laid off because they are supposedly downsizing and then they’re hiring new staff!! A word is enough for the wise .. work here at your own peril. The management is ALWAYS YOUR ENEMY AT BAYSHORE YOU BETTER STAY AWAY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND SANITY!

Pros

My team mates… people work together in cooperation.. the residents are mostly wonderful people.

Cons

Horrible management, No union so they get away with all the horrible things they do.

No respect or care for employees

They overwork you to your bones and will toss you aside when they don't need you without as much as a second thought. No proper training, severely understaffed. No fairness in pay, Don't be surprised if you find out that people less experienced than you get paid more than you do. Management will stoop to any level to protect their interests and profit.

Pros

Easy to get the job

Cons

No options for career advancement, No job security, severly understaffed

Administrative Staff

Everyday there is a new schedule coordinator. Schedule coordinators do not know the patient health history neither the education nurses skill background. As result the schedule coordinators are not able to match the nurse with skills appropriate for the client/patient.Its also has very low pay hourly, no Union and no benefits.

Pros

Some Bayshore office are comfortable and clean

Cons

Low pay hourly

PSW is a non career.

Literally haven't had a client since the pandemic started. This company hires hundreds of support workers, accepts 2hr housekeeping shifts and should start a maid service given how often they send healthcare professionals to clean people's houses. Basically a non job unless you can miraculously collect enough part time BS casual shifts to scrape together a work week and none of your clients die, cancel services, or are hospitalized. This is a casual job for casual people who don't need money. Not a way to live a life.

Pros

Help people in the community.

Cons

Can't feed, house, clothe, or transport yourself with the b/s salary and hours you'll be offered

Chose your availability, flexible hours if you are not FT. Bad management.

This company used to be a good agency 3 years ago. Then they change managers, hired lazy and bad coordinators, they don’t care about the clients concern, they lied a lot to clients and PSW/ healthcare on the field. They mess up a lot of schedules and, pay cheques. They are only there for a LHIN contract but never for a clients.

Pros

Flexible schedule and some are easy clients.

Cons

They send you outside your areas and driving distance between clients are unreasonable.

Great co workers and management

Very unpredictable place in s good way it vould be fast pace today and slow pace tomorrow due to the nature of the client. Very good place to work and gain experience.

Pros

Work as teams

Cons

Very demanding ...long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement