Bayshore HealthCare
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

Friendly work place

The staff and management are supportive. The staff and supervisors are supportive and always respond to calls regarding clients need and request. They offer an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all.

Pros

Good time tracking system

Cons

Unregulated text message

Apply at your own risk!

Overworked, Its really sad to see such a huge National Organization that works in a market segment so impactful to the most vulnerable of life Phases as a human being, Over work and disrespect the very people who who hard at running the bottom of the chain. They would rather squeeze the life out of their employees than to invest in an efficient up to date operational foundation. Underpaid is an understatement, over worked well as long as the money is coming in. Staffing full-fillment, technical challenges, outdated systems, lack of commitment and ownership from staff, the turn around is crazy!..... Apply at your own risk.

Pros

Cons

deffinately

Eat staff alive

Terrible Unrealistic goals No supportUnprofessional Unrealistic hoursNo preparation Does not listen to issuesNo supportPoorly organized No input

Don’t take a job here

Working for Bayshore was very exciting and enjoyable, hours are flexible according to your availability. Things was excellent until the new CEO took over. If you want to keep your job make sure you have good internet connection because these people track you like animals. If for some reason they think you don’t show up for clients visit (although you did), they just relieved you of your job, without blinking an eye.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Uncharacteristically unfair

I have worked for Bayshore on 2 other occasions and they met the needs that I had at the time!

Bayshore gives you room to grow and encourages you to grow. No job is perfect but they try hard to meet the needs of their clients with a good fit. They care about their reputations.

Pros

Worthwhile - try to be your best and they will reward good/great efforts!

Cons

Nothing is perfect.

Clients are wonderful but management sucks!

If you work for this company expect to be harassed by schedulers asking you to cover shifts even on your days off. Clients are varied as are hours/shifts and that is the best part of the job. In my opinion, this company employs unregistered care workers to work with clients that have complex care needs in order to pay them less than they would a registered one. I definitely had opportunities to learn new skills and met many interesting wonderful clients but in the end, my hourly wage did not reflect my skills, commitment to clients/company, and how hard I worked.

Pros

Interesting clients and work environments

Cons

Poor management and no living wage

management

if you are looking for a well managed company this is not it. the office thinks they're God sent. the facilities you work in take advantage of you and think you work for them when you don't. you will very likely be understaffed and have to do everything yourself. people quit the office monthly so its not even worth remembering their names. overall terrible and would not recommend, but the job keeps the lights on and the water running.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

it will take a toll on your mental health

Great healthcare provider.

A nice place to work. A busy fast-paced workplace. You can fully utilized your knowledge and get enhanced by trainings being offered on a regular basis. Mentors are always available to assist every employee as needed. You get to meet diversity of well trained workers. Management is focused on well being and safety of both clients and workers. It is a place where there is balance between work and family time.

Pros

Good place to work.

Great place to work! Supportive environment that listens to their employees and invests in continuing education

Amazing company to work for! You feel valued as an employee and have staff from all levels within the organization there to support and help you grow and succeed. The company really invests in education, mentoring and engaging with their employees. Management is extremely supportive, approachable and values your input, always looking for ways to improve. Bayshore truly cares about their clients and providing the best possible care. I would highly recommend working with Bayshore!

Pros

Support, continuing education, family/work life balance

Positive/Flexible Workplace Where You Feel Valued

Positive work culture where you leave work each day feeling like you've made a positive difference. I've received continuous feedback / positive coaching since I've started working here, and have been given opportunities to grow my role within this company which makes me feel valuable and more like a member of a family. They care about my wellbeing and show that every day. No job is without it's challenges, but I feel my team and myself communicate effectively, encourage and support one another to ask questions when we struggle with any situation and get over any hurdles together. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people ( including our colleagues and clients ) building strong relationships with our clients, meeting new people every day, and growing our business to help those in need in the most compassionate and empathetic way.

Pros

Workplace Culture, Opportunities for Growth, Clients

Cons

Benefits package could improve, but overall good

Noyhi g much

Nothing much. It's a great company to work with.Need Moore hours.The staff are efficient and I will always recommend bayshore to people that I know for themcto also experience the the work ethics at bayshore

Do not recommend

Unorganized, poor management, terrible communication. I do not recommend working here. High turnover due to how the company is managed. The company definitely changed over the last 3 years for the worse.

Pros

Clients

Cons

As listed above.

Official response from Bayshore HealthCare

14 October 2021
Hello,We are sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. Could you please email clientservice@bayshore.ca with additional details? We will look into it and follow up with you.Kind regards,Bayshore Human Resources

Great Company!

For the small amount of time I was able to work with Bayshore I have ZERO complaints. IF you work with them, they will work with you to find that balance of work and life. The fulfillment is amazing when you go above and beyound for your clients.

not enough hours

I was being offered clients and areas that I requested not to have so I did a lot of refusing and finally and with a min of 2 hours per client. transiting is horrible and not having enough clients in a day

Pros

non

Cons

not enough clients

Stressful

Always fast paced. Lots of stress. Understaffed. Micro managed.No parking. Pay rate is extremely low. High expectations. Very serious. Not a lot of joy. Very discouraging place to work.

Pros

30 minute lunches.

Cons

No parking for staff.

Very mismanaged and unoeganized.

They require an extreme amount of availability, up to 60 hours a week including days, evenings until 10 pm and weekends.When they are short staffed you can be scheduled 12 hour days and then they will still call you and ask you to pick up more hours. When they have adequate staff you can be demoted to only 15 hours a week. There is absolutely no consistency with hours. If changes happen in you life and you need to reduce your availability, it is almost impossible. You are given a real hard time about availability and if you get a Doctor's note or go on modified duties, you will get maybe 12 hours a week . No wonder they have a large turn over in staff. Scheduling is awful.

Pros

Love the clients

Cons

Mismanaged.

Worked with families as Pediatric home care nurse

Worked with families requiring medical care for their child in their home/community. work schedule based on family needs and available hours they had for nursing care, may or may not have full time hrs, worked days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, flex shifts from 4 hrs to 12 hrs, sometimes full time with one client, part time with more than one. Had another casual nursing job while working for Bayshore

Pros

Set your availability

Cons

Fluctuating hours long term

no hours

This company hires too many and not enough work. If you turn down a job you get put down to the bottom of the list and wont get called for awhile. Pay is minimum benefits ok but only if you have enough hours. Office staff change on the regular. not sure whats happening in there.

Pros

the wonderful clients

Cons

no hours min pay

Management is terrible/office atmosphere is worse than high school

Without question worse job I ever hadManagement just plain sucksThey treat employees like garbage ( unless you are ‘cool with the cool kids’)They keep replacing the same job position because it is just plain awful

Cons

What a sad day in health care

This employer will expect you to go above and beyond job duties, basically making you feel stressed and overwhelmed 24/7. The amount of phone calls and complaints from both PSW field staff and clients was absolutely horrendous. You have a set amount of hours to work per day and too many times I worked outside of work to respond to emails, schedule, etc. This company also does not appreciate or ever compliment their staff (unless they favour you), and work you to death to the point that you are ill and just constantly stressed. There was so much drama at this workplace, and I am still not sure to this day if this employer has ever received a day without drama or chaos. They do not care for people; they care about their profits more than they do for people. If you want to be stressed and overwhelmed constantly, then this company is for you!

Pros

Cons

Toxic workplace environment

Do not work here

Worse company anyone can ever work for. They laid off the great RPN’s & PWS’s and employed new staff.They’re very UNPROFESSIONAL AND LACKADAISICAL!!!!

Pros

There’s no pros!!!!

Cons

unprofessional, Long hours, management have favouritism with certain staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement