Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

poor work life balance
Client Coordinator / Staff Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 August 2018
Rate of pay is very poor for the work load they expect of their employees. Work life balance is not something they take pride in.
Turn over is a revolving door. Client satisfaction is very low.

This location has "bit off more than they can chew". The company does not have enough staff in the field to cover the client's that have accepted gvn't contract's for.
As a scheduling coordinator, you are unable to provide proper, safe care to clients and ensure your employees are safe and working a healthy work life balance.
Management expects that if something is not completed despite all attempts made with the min recourses available, that the scheduler stay at the office until the impossible is somehow made possible... typically resulting in another client going unseen and unhappy. Never a positive outcome. A very negative and unhealthy work environment with no attempt to change how the branch treats their employees.

I strongly recommend that no one apply to this branch.
Pros
Cons
too many
Enjoyed working with the staff and clients
On Call Client Care Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 August 2018
I really enjoyed the on call position, working from home was a bonus, but working with the staff, clients and family was s new experience for me as I always worked in physicians office's.
Each day is different
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 August 2018
learn each day with clients and their family and how they coop at home and listen to them when they tell you all about their day and what their plans are and helping them with what ever they need
Pros
learning
Cons
could be long hours
Great team in Calgary
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
I really enjoyed working for Bayshore. They had a great, collaborative, team environment. Good benefits. Nice office space. Room to advance. Interesting clients.
Pros
Supportive work environments
Cons
Stressful job if your are a coordinator
Bayshore Pediatric Program gives the opportunity to Provide Excellent Nursing care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC; Burnaby, BC30 July 2018
The Bayshore Pediatric Program is an amazing program for RNs & LPNs to work in. Nurses get to work one on one with complex pediatric clients (Trach, Trach/vent, PICC, Palliative) for their entire shift. It is extremely rewarding work and is the rare opportunity for nurses to feel like they are providing excellent nursing care.
Bayshore provides advance training opportunities. Nurses can also choose if they want to work casual, part-time or full-time hours.
Nurses care for their clients at school, in the community, at home, and on vacation!
Wages are competitive with hospital. Benefits & MSP for working >15 hours/week, RSP program.
Management is responsive and available. Can talk to a manager 24hrs/day, 7 days/week.
Unfortunately, Bayshore Peds is still living in the past with paper documentation and needs to get on board with electronic documentation
Pros
Clients; Wages; Management; Environment; Benefits
Cons
Still using paper documentation; Does not provide employees with electronic devices
Supportive
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2018
The people working behind you supporting you while you work helps you provide the clients that you will do your absolute best.
I love working for this agency
Pros
Help you
Cons
They listen to you
From psw to psw
PSW (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 July 2018
The pay and car allowance is good. The online advertisement posted by the HR department offering full time and part time contracts is a ruse. There are no full time hours. Don't stick it out hoping for more, there aren't any. If they are not filling up the large availability that you have given, opening up more is not the answer. You are not a 7-11. You will need another part time job. But, if you are willing to work every weekend, and fly by the seat of your pants, then Sarnia Bayshore is the job for you. The staff in the office are nice and approachable. Phone the office if you want an answer to something as the schedulers don't answer emails. Other reviews for other locations have said the same thing.so the problem lies further up the chain. Too bad, as almost every client I have visited, complains about Bayshore scheduling. It's easy to love the good things about a company you work for but you need to decide if you can live with the bad stuff as well. That's the important thing. If working in the community is where you want to be, ask other PSWs to see which company has the bulk of the hours as I have done. Unfortunately for Bayshore, it's not them. Enough said, I hope this helps in deciding whether or not you want to work for this company.
Pros
if you only want PT, this is a great company to work for
Cons
Stay away if you need FT hours.
great job
Shift Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 July 2018
Loved the flexibility and the chance to help so many people in the community
Can be lonely working alone.
The staff is very supportive and helpful and great management
Pros
flexablity
Cons
overnights
Flexable
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 July 2018
Haven't been with the company for long but love the flexibility of the shifts, and the staff is great! They are truly there to make sure YOU are comfortable with the clients
Cons
If you are a smoker, you are not allowed to smoke 1 hour before shift or during your shift even on breaks
Don't waste your time
psw (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 July 2018
Don't waste your time applying with this company. No hours available and coordinators call you even when you say your not available. Poorly managed company.
Professional and Productive Workplace
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 July 2018
I enjoyed my time with Bayshore, it is like working in a family atmosphere in a professional setting. There is a great deal of respect in all aspects and are very accommodating with your schedule.

I would recommend Bayshore as a excellent place of employment
Pros
Accomodating, ethical
Cons
Pay
Very uplifting
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 June 2018
Working at Bayshore Home Health is like working in a family atmosphere. There is a great deal of respect between all scale of employee and your schedule is always respected. You feel very valued
Pros
Respect, work ethics, reliability ad team atmosphere
Cons
None that I can think of
Ottawa Bayshore Home Health
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 June 2018
Bayshore is a backwards place to work that relies on faxes and phones for communication. Getting a full time salary was difficult, and I had to work about 12 hours a day to make a decent salary. Some of the job assignments were call overnight, with dangerous and dark environments to go to alone. It was scary, and when I think back to some of the remote areas I had to go to at night, I am lucky I came out alive. My manager was difficult to work with, with a flare up personality. The pay was about 3/4 what I can get at a hospital, but lower when you consider gas reimbursement was on the pay. To top that off, no one was hired full time or part time, we were all casual and not guaranteed anything. We also had no benefits. I am much happier at a hospital as a Registered Nurse, where I feel safe, am well paid, and don't have to use my own vehicle to see people. And now I have guaranteed hours and guaranteed pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, dangerous work assignments.
bayshore
Resident Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 June 2018
very hard to get a permeant client. management is always changing at this company. I would get in trouble signing in thro my phone if a client didn't have one.
Decent Office Job
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2018
Decent Office job, handling client and field staff schedules and hours. Dealing with Inquires that come in, Answering many calls and emails during the day. Depending on your personality, it is a good work environment.
Pros
Benefits, Stable Hours
Cons
Management, Over Worked
Based on my own true story !!
LPN (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 June 2018
I used to work for them and I would say that I wasnt really impressed on how they supervise and manage their staff.

On my 4th month of working here, I was told that I needed to buy the company's uniform with their logo. I am ok with that, it's part of promoting their company and it's a way of making staff look professional. I get that !! But I told them I haven't had any shifts for the last 5 weeks ( I work casual) so can I at least wait until I get good decent shift work before I buy the uniform. What's the use of buying it when I will not be using it. Anyways, the HR or someone from Calgary told me its mandatory and I need to order it now or else it's not acceptable. After 3 days of having that conversation over the phone. I decided to quit.

Around my first 3 months, I was advised to attend an orientation via telehealth. The first booking which I have agreed upon had to be canceled and needs to be rescheduled because of lack of participants. They tried to rebook me another date but the date doesnt work for me. I was able to rebook on another day that works for me but a day prior to the said date, they need to cancel due to technical difficulties or weather conditions, I can't remember. So technically I have 3 attempts booking that didnt work. Few weeks later, I got a phone call from HR stating that I really needed to attend the orientation this time and of course I cant agree on the date they ask me again. The lady from the other line told me that I have canceled 3 times and that's not acceptable. I was appalled listening to her. I almost wanted to punch her over
  more... the phone but I just told them ok throughout as I cant even get a word in to tell her I have appointment with my wife that day.

Just to lessen the tension I just agreed and said to myself, If something comes up again I will definitely quit. Hence I did quit after another incident happened from what i have said on my first paragraph.

Another incident happen was ... I'm on my days off. I got a call asking if I could help out as a 2nd person. I said I cant. I asked them where it is and I was told outside of Red Deer .. like 45 mins away. It just happen that the person was living 4 blocks away from where I am. I am working on my other part time job but told them ok I will try to help I will not take lunch break so I can at least help the other person. I asked them if I will get paid for the mileage. The manager from Calgary said "no" because I am already in that area. Lol. I just shook my head but still did the job for an hour because the staff who needing help is someone I knew.

So based on my own true story. You guys be the judge on how they run this company.
Pros
Well i got to experience working for them and seeing, and learning nursing skills the clientele they have
Cons
Some staff from calgary branch dont listen, they prefer to talk and you listen
I left
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 June 2018
I found that mgmt did try to accommodate for family life fairly well. However, there wasn't a lot of career advancement when I was there. I have heard it has changed since then, but the moves seem lateral.
Toxic environment in the team I was with. Team mates were anything but a team. Other departments seemed nice. Really a luck of the draw I suppose

CEO is nice
Job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 May 2018
Assisting residents with their activities of daily living. Management needs to have more compassion and respect for staff and clients. Making sure I spend time with my residents is the hardest part.
Pros
helping elderly people
Cons
scheduling
just like any other service company theres good and theres bad depends on how you look at it
RPN (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON26 May 2018
use to get a ton of hours now not so much none of my coworkers either
good workplace when my schedule is well balanced
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 May 2018
most enjoyable part is the clients i meet and the stories and life experiences they have to tell. hardest part is when a client is hurt i have to try gaining hours back hoping a client i pick up gains more hours or lives nearby to reduce excess driving
Cons
hours added outside of availability, makes hard to take off hours meant to be as a fill in but gets added as a regular visit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.