Bayshore HealthCare

Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

I learned many new things about cleaning and after time I got really good at it. All my team members helped to make work a comfortable workplace. A typical day at work went great yess I had my bad days and so did others but we all made each other laugh. I like trying to be friends with my partners at work as it helps make it a safer workplace for me and others. Overall I got paid greatly and treated greatly there.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Long days
Management is married to one of the staff and creates for a very toxic and unhealthy environment. Nepotism! Also all management from local BC to higher up do not listen to you or your feedback. If you have any concerns and go to HR they do not help you or help address the issues either. Stay away from this place. Three employees including management always speaking in their own language and HR did nothing about it when asked for help.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Employees, nepotism, incompetent management and hiring of incompetent pharmacist with same last name
Incredibly disorganized and manipulative management. An awful attitude coming from one particular scheduler in the back. Love home care, loved the clients, purely left this company because of the management.
Pros
work alone, able clients
Cons
everything else
My immediate supervisor is amazing...upper management...not sure how they got their positions. They have poor people.skills if any. This company is for profit and I have no issue with that. I do have issues with them only looking at profits and not caring about clients/families or their front line staff. They do not give experience pay and they do not support new grads enough ie they put them on call too soon before they can even get comfortable with nursing. They set up new grads to fail and simply don't care about that...it's all about the dollar with this company.
Pros
Don't have to start right at 0830 if on call night before
Cons
Poor home/work balance, ridiculous unsafe hrs, poor compensation for experienced nurses, lack of proper support for new grads setting them up for failure
Bayshore was a fun company to work for, coordinators were really understanding when things popped up in your life and need a day off last minute. Some days go by so fast because you’re working hour to hour which is nice, you can pick up hours in different areas.
Pros
Meeting new people all the time, benefits, co workers
Cons
Gaps in between visits
It’s all about the clients, fantastic care provided, lots of schedule conflicts with clients. Hey say paid sick days however it’s not true. I was sick for 19 days and inquired they said no paid sick days
Pros
Fair wage, great clients
Cons
Scheduling should be better from management
Lesser paid and less hours and more workload to be completed in short amount of hours. You have more clients to visit in short period of time. Stressful environment to work in. You work hard and get zero respect from client and management teams.
Pros
Cons
Less hours. More work load
The best part of the job was being able to choose my hours. The management gave me the opportunity to advance my skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing companionship with each client, getting to know about them and their histories.
Pros
Seasonal parties, employees recognition
Cons
Sometimes gaps in schedules
A far better work place compared to other home care service providers.The access to managers is quite easy.Coordination is organized and they listen to your issues and work with you to resolve your work issues.
Pros
Good salary compared to other agencies
Cons
12 hr availability is a Must for fulltime contract staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bayshore HealthCare?
Terrible place to work for. Communication lacks with Bayshore management doesn't care about staff at all. They would run you to the bone still want more out of you.
The management is not helpful and everyone in the office makes it known that you are annoying them when calling the office even though it’s part of your job. They are not flexible and change your schedule without asking, making it absolutely impossible to have a life outside of work. Multiple times, a whole day or week of shifts would be lost with no explanation just “last minute schedule changes were made, sorry”. It’s honestly not worth it to work there. They sugar coat it up until the end of orientation and then completely change their tune and you’re just another expendable worker.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Just about everything about the place
Had one one one with clients. Lots of fun. The hardest part of the job was meeting clients and doing on the spot assessments because they are different than the information you have with you. Sometimes the time given for your client is not correct and every visit can be different. Over all it is can be a rewarding job.
Pros
Able to pick own hour of work
Cons
Use of own car can get expensive
The work was there always n all the trades of workers were opportunities available. New corners were welcome a blissful experience am glad I worked
Pros
Yes working environmen
Cons
12hours
This company intimidates and discriminates against foreign workers. the new manager at this branch is not a good leader. they are very bias and hours are not guaranteed.
You should stay far away from this company as they are so negative, and extremely nasty. If you try to apply, be prepared for them to reject your application within less than 2 hrs after applying; it's impossible to get an interview as they just hire their best friends even when they have literally no experience in recruiting and where the person they hire have no experience/knowledge. It is such a mess!
Pros
Cons
pay, hrs, management, horrible bosses, lack of education at the top, pathetic management/ownership
Love working here, lots of opportunity to see different clients. Works around your schedule. Managment and scheduling Staff is friendly, helpful and supportive.
Pros
FlexiBle hours
I've enjoyed working with them. They are a great company to work for. Really understanding about family/work life and that stuff happens in life that's uncontrollable. Front counter staff is great
Good management and scheduling staff that care very much about their employees. Rewards for good work done and yearly reviews: If you don’t fit the client or visa versa, they work with the employee to find what’s best for the employee FIRST, clients second. Scheduling staff easy to work with and very helpful. I love working here ❤️
I have experience with other home care agencies and I can really tell you that Bayshore is great. They respond to your emails right away, they work collaboratively with other managers/supervisors. They have health benefits too.
I'm a home support supervisor at Bayshore and have been there approx one year. I have never worked at a better company - the upper management team is stellar and this allows the all management teams to run effectively and productively. Communication is key - how many managers allow their staff to call them 27/7 if need for support? How many owners/CEOs of a company make themselves accessible to every single worker within the organization and take a genuine interest in the workers feed back and suggestions ? I rarely ( if ever) saw this with other companies. You see this at Bayshore ALL THE TIME. At Bayshore and there is no hierarchy within the team - everyone is a team member and willing to help each other out - there's no 'us' and 'them' - whether you work the front lines or management, the communication lines are always open and support is always there. If there one thing I have learned since working at Bayshore is that when you have a healthy , supportive upper management team that positivity trickles down to every level of an organization. Bayshore makes you feel validated, appreciated and supportive. You want to succeed because Bayshore gives you the recognition and respect we all want in our careers. The recognize your strengths and offer assistance if your unsure about something - never shaming you for asking a question that you may be embarrassed to ask about a work related issue. I feel fortunate to be part of this amazing team. I continue to learn every day from my coworkers, management and of course the true heroes at Bayshore - our front - more...
Pros
regular meetings/zooms - always connected
It’s been awhile since I felt respected and valued and my opinions mattered. As an older worker this company fulfill these needs I have and make you want to succeed. I feel I am part of a team and my feedback and experience is valued when helping a client thrive. I love working at Bayshore and feel very proud to let others know where I work. Long overdue😊
Pros
Own schedule