Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

a good starter job
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 October 2018
Scheduling unfilled visit on a regular basis,
Save paperwork, attend to emails from clients, staff & other departments.
It can get very stressful to fill shifts with difficult clients, especially when several staff refuse to see client.
Shortage of field employees.
Management will do what best for the branch not the employees
Can get very stressfull
But made some long lasting friends
Pros
can work from home
Cons
The stress that coes with the job is not worth the money
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2018
The culture of this company was fantastic. I loved everyminute of working with the different patient programs and my different managers! It was such a great experience
Good place to work if you have previous experience in your field
RN (Former Employee) –  Ontario30 September 2018
The workplace is good if you already are an expert in your field. Very competitive workplace. Tend to favor certain people for promotions. There are some corporate parties.
The worst place to work. Managers are liars and unprofessional
Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 September 2018
supervisor in the call centre department was unorganized, unstable, and overwhelmed new employees during the 1st day training. Employees are treated poorly and ppl are already quiting
Worst Job Experience
RPN (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 September 2018
I was wrongfully terminated d/t to gossip and hearsay. I worked very hard for them and i was extremly flexible. I took shifts last minute and even under all the effort i made i was let go with no explaination. All I was aware of is i was under review d\t hear say and gossip. The management are unprofessional, they hired me 10 minutes after i had my interview and didnt even contact my references.
Pros
Cons
All around terrible place to work
Management Team does not look out for their dedicated workers.
PSW (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 September 2018
Unfortunately, management has changed so many times. When I first was hired response times where amazing. Over the years, they have cut back. Neither Coordinators or Management gets back to us In a timely manner. Often times if I send an email, it will be months for a response or no response at all. So if it is truly important you have to telephone them and remind them.

Last minute bookings is always the case, when I know for a fact they could have posted available shifts in a more timely manner.

I do not do community, but I do 12 hour shifts at a facility and that is why I am still working for them. The facility is where my heart is at and I love every aspect of that position and the staff that work at that facility.
Pleasant place to work with a good pay.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB19 September 2018
Good management with high emotional Intelligence. Nice and understanding supervisors, Standard operational policies and work life Balance.

Bayshore is a standard organisation .
Pros
Guaranteed hours, Nice supervisors
Cons
No career Advancement
Lowest Salary in GTA and 3-4 hours shifts
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2018
I was hired as a casual RPN at Bayshore Mississauga. When hired Manager gave me shifts for the whole month very first day on orientation(which was joke itself). If you get hired and are desperate enough to join them tip for you don't drive to their Mississauga office as they won't do anything in the orientation will just gather docs from you and give you shifts and you have to pay for parking fee which is around 15$, so just send them all the docs online. All the shifts they gave me were for 3 -4 hours home visits(so they block your schedule for the whole day and and you just get paid for few hours as shifts were in the middle of the day like from 12pm-4pm) don't pay any Mileage and Salary is lowest in GTA around 20 dollars per hour for RPN. After confirming the shifts manager called to decrease the hours more made 4 hour shift to a 2 hour visit. THESE MONEY MAKING SCAMS TRY TO MAKE PROFITS WITH YOUR PROFESSIONAL LICENSE AT STAKE
Pros
Cons
Still exist
Workplace w/c gives you a lot of learning opportunities and improvement
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 September 2018
A good place to work. As a new nurse, the company is very supportive and often gives training on-line and in-service. Management are accommodating and they know how to advocate for their staff.
Bayshore
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 September 2018
enjoyed the work and enjoyed working with the people
excellent experience.
Staff was nice and helpful
Maintained confidentiality
assisted with tasks as assigned by nurse
Pros
experience
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2018
Contract work relating to all aspect payroll process and procedures. They are on PeopleSoft version 9.1 and need help in processing day to day payroll for different regions
Was ok.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2018
The schedule left huge gaps in between each client, anywhere form 30 mins to 4 hours. Clients who cancelled or addmitted to hospital or passings were never replace in a timely manner. The wage was great with the garaunteed hours.
Best job I’ve had as an RN
RN (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 September 2018
Having worked at another home care company I was not sure what to expect when I was hired at Bayshore. What I got was an amazing team, incredible support, kindness, understanding and most importantly I was able to spend the full time with my clients rather than only having 15 minutes because I had 15 others to see. Bayshore is a wonderful company to work for if you have a passion for community care!!! I’ve had a 3 different RN jobs prior to Bayshore and I feel very lucky to be a part of their team, as I said, it’s the best job (in many ways) that I’ve had.
Pros
Wage, environment, team work, great leadership
Cons
None that I’ve experienced
great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 September 2018
great people to work for. Lots of hours
Clt's are great
Lots of opportunity to grow in the job field
Co-workers are great very helpful
one con about the job is a lot of travel time
Management leaves you high and dry
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 August 2018
Oshawa Bayshore is not a great place to work. So much work and they do not care how it affects your home life. If they could have you working 24 hours they would. They pay all their employees a different starting amount regardless on how qualified you are. They try to pay the least amount they can. Hopefully you never need them to back you up with a client because when you so need them they are never there. No room for advancement or a raise. They do not value their great employees.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Cannot live on the pay
high turnover in field staff and managment
Manager of Clinical Practice (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 August 2018
I worked for years with Bayshore and loved the work as a visiting nurse in the community and in office. Recent changes to upper management has created a poor work and home life balance, and job security.
Pros
competative wage
Cons
long hours, expected to work outside of scheduled hours
Good company
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2018
People communicate very well. Not very good wage in Toronto/, There is only Home making. There is not too much hours for work. Gaz ius not paid. Psw doi only homemaking.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE/HEALTH CARE AID (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2018
I like to with bayshore healthcare.
Co-workers are nice and friendly.
You have opportunities to update your skills, learn new skills.
Great team to support you.
Visit Nurse; Palliative Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2018
Very accommodating for work life balance. Easy to arrange day around children and apts and still see clients. Offers great training, good management support
Pros
work life balance
Cons
need better nursing salary
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2018
Option of visit, shift or clinic work environment. Busy work but nice to flexibility. Staff friendly and very helpful if you have questions. Lots of opportunity to enhance your skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.