Bayshore HealthCare
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Working at Bayshore HealthCare: Latest Bayshore HealthCare Reviews

Canada914 reviews

pswpswsclientrpncoordinatornursingnursestaff

Love the clients but the company has its issues

Lots of things weren’t getting taken care of by the company as they should be. Don’t get paid much for travel as well as for the work that’s being done.

Productive and fun place to work

Some supervisors are super good , very accessible. They listen to you , this makes work run smoothly and you are able to give in your best to your clients. I have the most amazing clients and enjoyed my work.

Pros

Flexibility of work hours

Cons

some cordinators are inaccessible

Insights into Bayshore HealthCare

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great place to work.

I enjoyed my time working with Bayshor. Management and staff are great, balanced between work and my private life. Location is great, supervisor always take the time to find out if staff are ok weather on the job or out there.

Productive and Lots of Hours

I really loved my career at Bayshore. I really cared about my managers in the HomeSupport area and the clients. I was there for 6 years. I left because I was in school and the company stop filling our schedules up. First 5 years my schedule was filled up with clients and when I received my new schedule each week it was always full. In the 6th year, they decided to change how they filled our schedule up. They stopped filling them up and I had gasped. They told us they would call us for people. Thats when I decide to leave.

Fast paced, fun but lacking reliability and management support

Love working in the community. However, hours aren't always available, and they ask you to drive all over. Some management is good to deal with, but there is a constant turn over, both in office and in the field. Its like a fight for hours. Gas prices don't help. Wages are ok, but definitely we deserve much more. There is very little support from the office.

Pros

Get to meet great clients

Cons

Have to be available all day, no guarantee of hours, bad pay, no office support, gas and maintenance on your vehicle, no respect absolutely no support from management

Productive and Fun place to work

Listening Management Team. Continuous Training and Development. Flexible schedule that matches your life style. Respect diversity. Staff input highly appreciated. Open door policies.

The staff at the Hamilton Ontario branch of Bayshore were absolutely amazing.

I loved working for Bayshore. It was my favourite job in my 13 yrs of working before I became so sick with Crohn’s disease I had to quit and move back to Northern Ontario. The staff were all compassionate and lovely. The supervisors were beyond incredible individuals. No one could ask for a better job. I loved it. I’m in remission, maybe one day I’ll go back!

Pros

Easy to get ahold of anyone at the office

Cons

Maybe the odd rude co-worker, but reporting anything that makes you uncomfortable is immediately taken care of.

High stress , high expectations, low pay

The work load is unmanageable. The lack of field staff is left for the schedulers to figure out. The verbal abuse from angry clients gets to pretty much every CSC I know. We have chats on the side just to vent , or cry. There's no support from management just blame on coordinators for the sinking ship.

Lots of new skills to learn, but you must become a manager's favourite.

Management favourite workers barely come to work and get promoted ... it's out of this world.Not enough parking and no sense of belonging whatsoever, no matter how hard you work.

Pros

One hour lunch break.

Cons

Favoritisms, bias and rude management, no room for advancement.

Amazing workplace

Amazing workplace for growth and career building. Great and respectful, flexible schedules and supportive teams. Anyone who works here will have a great time

A strong respect for diversity while working within Indigenous/Inuit cultures.

I worked as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse alone in a remote area of Canada, and I always felt supported and heard by my Clinical Adviser, Manager, and HR team at Bayshore

Pros

Support, open and healthy communication and encouragement

Cons

The nature of the job is that I worked away from home and family.

The clients are great but there's very little work and unfair/disorganized schedule changes

I was told they had enough work to be able to provide full time hours, but this is just not true. They were not honest about this in my opinion. There's a lot of last minute work, the people who work there seem nice, but at the end of the day it's not the most organized place and it's hard when there is zero job security in terms of hours provided, and when this is changed without any input. I would really like this job if there was more consistency in the work hours and availability, it's great being able to help people, but please know if they do not provide you with guaranteed hours you wont be able to get enough work and income.

Fun work place

Management keep on changing, in case of emergency hard to contact someone in the office, poor management, coordinators are not very accommodating, pulling out your regular client

Not a good place to work

Awful place to work. No work life balance. No support from managers you’re literally out there on your own. They don’t answer their phone and managers are never in office or accessible

Excellent employer

Love my job. Love the team. So blessed to find an employer that values cultural diversity and equity. This opportunity found me ani could not be more thankful

Good start to the health care field, not a forever job for some!

Having 1 day off a week and then every other weekend on is a flexible schedule. Somedays are heavy book especially with 12hour availability. Deal with patients who can be fun and other rude/challenging. The managers do their best to accommodate needs and responses with such an overwhelming work load. You visit and travel around certain areas of your community with can be from 10-40minute drives.

Good company to work with and clients are nice

Bayshore is a very good company to work for. Nice people Nd clients are nice. They appreciated your helps. If they could offer better pay then it would be the best company in Health Care field.

Good

Very nice experience. I would be really nice that Bayshore recognized previous RN experience in terms of salary. Management is excellent and all the educational resources as well.

Great place

Great place to work if you have a full time job and this is your side gig.They will call you 18762 times a day, but then forget to put you on the schedule. They will hire new people and give your shifts away.When you call to ask shifts they want you to visit a new client and drive 50minutes, and not even give you enough money to fill your tank the following pay.

Not so bad

I worked in this company during the time of Covid. When the PSW is really high in demand it happens that I like the job so much. But unfortunately I have to quite because I got pregnant and I’m in very sensitive pregnancy. If ever they will re hire me to work with them again I would like to go back.

Pros

No free lunch at all

Cons

Cutting hrs. I have 6 am then 7 pm

Love my job!

I have been with Bayshore for over a year now and love it. I love the fast pace, but laid-back atmosphere. Management is really open and easy to talk to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement