Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

Great place to start your nursing career
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
It was a great start to my nursing career because you get a variety of different experiences.
There is flexibility in work schedule
It requires a lot of driving and waiting around for your next client at times if the home calls are not organized well
Pros
Self schedule
Cons
No set guaranteed hours
Horrible management of client care/psw availability
Psw (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 February 2019
Zero consideration for employees. Have to have complete open availability to get close to fulltime. Hardly no compendsation for drive time, mileage. 3.75 for going out of town NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO.

If you have kids, forget seeing them through the week.
If they did swing shift( one week days, one week evenings) I would be much more happy.

I have decided to leave the PSW profession all together.
Loved My Job, Hate the Dishonesty
On-Call Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2019
Bayshore Calgary seemed like an amazing place , I love my job and found out they were dishonest about a privacy concern. I can only hope they can get it straight
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Dishonest to Employee
Bullying, poor management, and unprofessionalism
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON2 February 2019
This was supposed to be a nice and fun part time job that I could do on the side of my primary job. It was nothing short of a nightmare. I had to quit thanks to poor management, unprofessionalism, lack of structure and organization, lack of communication, and bullying. I was dealing with nonstop bullying, lies, and manipulation there. It was all reported and nothing was done about it. When confronted, management singled me out, made me look and feel stupid and told me that I was the incompetent nurse. They cannot keep nursing staff there and they wonder why they keep losing nurses. I had to quit from the amount of stress it was causing in my personal life.
Pros
Caring & supportive nurses
Cons
Everything else
productive place
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2019
nice company to work for. great staff understanding. feel at home working there. nursing staff is helpful and ready to help whenever you need help. great team work
Pros
great staff
Cons
driving around during winter
Decent Job
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 January 2019
Overall job was good. Fast paced, I learned a lot while working here. Office environment is dependent on who is the manager. Generally the people were very nice and helpful, but the job did get very stressful and at times felt like there was no one to help and as though if you were stressed than it was "your own problem"
Benefits were great to have and good hours.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful Environment
Insecure, Distrustful, Unprofessional Management
NA (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 January 2019
a LOT of micromanaging and gossip among staff.
supervisors/managers are extremely insecure. One of them actually kept a SECRET SPY TO MONITOR OTHER STAFF especially during weekends.
During my few months stay there i saw at LEAST 7 people get laid off.
If management sees that you are good at your job, they become insecure about losing their own job and will do everything to keep your potential recognized minimally..ie., restrict your role and tasks.
HR is unprofessional and shows favouritism. Also supports management without keeping an impartial and objective view of situations.
Starbucks would be a better place to work at any day than this place.
Pros
Cons
micromanaging/planting spy to monitor staff, low pay, unprofessional, favouritism
good comany
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 January 2019
good to work for. lots of driving. good clients. all around well organized company and kept you working. good hours lots of hours. if you love being a care aide i would recomend them
very friendly and always on top of things
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2019
love working for Bayshore, management is always up to date with my concerns, enjoy working with the clients that I currently have. and meeting new ones is always a challenge, but always seem to work out.
Pros
offering incentives
Cons
lots of driving
Customer Service at Markham Location
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON11 January 2019
Horrible management, team leads with no experience, favouritism,
Lots of micromanaging in this company. You will get “talked to” for the smallest of things. No opportunity for growth. High turnover. Little pay. No opportunity for creative thinking or process improvement. Management fronts as if they believe in company values … everyone working as a customer service rep is replaceable in their minds and customer service role is worst position to be in at Bayshore. Prepare to be overworked and underpaid if you plan to join this organization. HR dept is unorganized will miss payroll, and over deduct. This place is a complete mess!
Pros
Cons
Stress, Management

Want to know more about Bayshore HealthCare?

Ask a question
Good
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 January 2019
Good working atmosphere
job pressure
different clients
lack of holidays
git coupons
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of hours
productive and fun work enviroment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 January 2019
Love to travel , thought working in the community would be difficult but it was not. Love to work with clients on a one to one experience and also was able to take time with them.
Management at Bayshore is always helpful. Always accommodating to circumstances.
satisfactory, enjoyable
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 January 2019
You spend one on one time with your patients providing them with the care they need. It was an enjoyable change going from a nursing home to working as a home care worker, I highly recommend this job to PSW's.
Poor support inconsistant
PSW (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 January 2019
Sounded like a great job on hire with the somewhat fair wage Make yourself available for 6-8 hr days Lucky to get 4 clients scheduled.= 4 hrs pay Even tho available for those 8 hrs NO compensation for on call. Travel allowance poor Working rural areas and in winter weather takes 15+ mins between visits but will only pay you 15 mins travel = $3.69
Change your schedule and don’t notify , schedulers notorious for sched visits with no travel between Can never budget what your pay would be. Tell you that you have to be available every other weekend then get 3 clients for whole weekend. Take away you scheduled clients on holidays to avoid paying premium.
Pros
The Clients :)
Cons
Management, schedulers lack of support. And inconsistant schedules
it casual and not promised hours
RPN (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 January 2019
No a bad place to start your nursing profession with. Organized management and clients are very physically demanding one has be willing to lift a 50 pouds
good place to worl
Registered Nurse/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2019
Overall good place to work for the following reasons:
1. Competitive salaries
2. Flexible
3. Excellent training
4. Team approach while working individually
Cons
on call
Never again
Customer Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2019
Worst culture ever. Management is so discouraging and condescending. Never felt welcome. People were constantly "let go" due to restructuring the company. No room for growth. Absolutely NO job security.
Pros
Pay was okay. One hour lunches.
Cons
Everything else
community nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 December 2018
I very much enjoyed this job & the clients. I was able to experience a lot of different health conditions & diseases, learning along the way; I went from mentally & developmentally challenged schoolchildren with multiple problems & tube feeding & seizure disorders to sitting with a dying client & helping anyway I could.

The only difficulty I had with this job is waiting around for their call & in the last few months, I was only offered clients out of town, which included travel over an hour plus the night {overnight} shifts were being the only offers I was getting .

I would much rather have a job where I can certainly carry out nursing related duties & office duties & have a schedule that is planned, although I am totally willing to be flexible on my hours & days.
Pros
variety of illness, conditions, diseases
Cons
night shift, travelling too far from Barrie
Terrible Management in Carlton Place
PSW (Former Employee) –  Carlton Place22 December 2018
Been with Bayshore for 3 1/2 years. First 3 years loved it. New MALE management, a supervisor came into play. Nasty to work for. Only cares about the money. Not the workers nor clients.Very much a heartless man. Had no choice but to quit. He had his nose in everyone's business, including scheduling. Forced you to work split shifts even though you were casual. I very much like my NEW employment in Homecare now.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Male Supervisor/ working split shifts. Also their cell's suck.
Okay while it lasted
Payroll & Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2018
Promised permanent part-time job, but let go too early for shortage of work. If I could have continued working it would be great, since the pay was decent; the benefits were good; and most of the co-workers were easy to get along with.
Pros
Decent wage and benefits
Cons
Let go too early

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.