Bayshore HealthCare
Coronavirus update
Information from Bayshore HealthCare:

Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

Canada592 reviews
Need to give raises for the home workers whom put them selfs in the front line during the covid virus. We go into homes with families that are sick.
Not a bad company to work for if you want to work for little over average wages Don’t offer training for nursing needs Every 3-6 months there is a meeting They need to upgrade a lot of staff in different areas of the nursing field
Diverse work enviornments, great supervisors
It has its challenges, diverse client and the work settings, it is enjoyable and a learning experience. Communication method is great supervisor reachable anytime for direction or advise
Don't waste your time
Guaranteed hours contract which the new employee is pressured to sign voluntarily after hiring because they cannot legally have you sign it. Hiring bonus, never paid. Poor, disorganized orientation (2 days spent reading policy and procedure out loud). Tone deaf management who never have the courtesy of responding to questions. Contact with covid+ patient requiring 2 weeks of isolation. Your on your own. Bayshore does not feel they have to pay or support an employee in these circumstances. Inadequate PPE. No reimbursement to use your cell phone (a lot) for company business. Continuously rotating dispatch based in Toronto because they can't seem to keep anyone long enough to learn the job. Bottom line money is more important than the lives of front line staff and patients.
Unethical organization to work for. They should be banned from health care.
Worse place ever
In beginning when I started the staff were not the friendliest then the original area director retired and then a new lady from Kitchener came and that’s when we got a raise In pay and the staff nurse was friendly and helped us out with jobs and we had a lot of shifts to choose from When the Kitchener lady left and the staff nurse was let go the shifts disappeared and so did the raises The new area director is horrible and not friendly at all I quit 2 weeks later would not recommend d this place for any of my friends or family
Gate Giver going to people's home
Would go to people's home, help them with cleaning, groceries, medication, cooking, 2hrs,
Visitted 3homes in a day. Companion to them also worked in week ends.
Productive and Engaging Environment
Working for the Therapy and Rehab BC team was a fun and engaging experience. Was provided with autonomy to fully maximize my efficiency and output. Achieved great results in a short amount of time.
All over good
Nice to work with them . Office staff is very good.understands the family problem. You can make your schedule according to your availability. Good company
Good luck!
Bayshore tries their best to provide services to their clients. PSW are treated nicely to their face but are talked about in length once they are out of ear shot. Clients are treated the same. Management gets very annoyed if any issues arrive. And are quick to pass blame. In office gossip is terrible, comparable to highschool. Even among the "top dogs".
Just waste your time.
They don't pay your travel time nor parking expense.Most of job is for care aids not for nurse. Many time I have to use my own wound dressing supplies and own foot care tools. They don't have most of time.

uuse my own tools for
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Excellent place to work
A lot of opportunities at Bayshore. The staff and management are supportive, and the teams are friendly. Would recommend as a work choice. Very satisfying.
Good management
I work as a PSW/ Homecare, it's very satisfying for me,like taking care of my family but outside my house. I love the clients, enjoy the management, get to choose whether I will accept a client, great communication with the office, provided with required tools and some minor benefits. The pay is minimal for the work and the work is sometimes heavy& dirty. In short,I enjoy it but it's difficult work
Great Experience
Love seeing a variety of clients in clinic and through home visits.
The autonomy is great and being able to schedule my own clients to accommodate both schedules.
Productive and fun to work
I love working in the community but the problem to this company they brought me as far as kanata and stittesville considering I was living in gatineau.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
Long drive for only 2 hrs or 1 hr duty
Good company to work for if you enjoy driving in all weather conditions.
This company has been good to me. Bayshore has excellent benefits, but could use better pay rate. There is always work to be had at Bayshore Home health in Edmonton. One downfall is gaps between clients which leaves you sitting in your vehicle in very different climates depending on the season. The upside to the gaps in schedule is you can run errands if time allows it.
A lot of Mileage
The operators that choose where you are going for work tend to schedule clients back to back that are a bit far away from one another, this make it hard to get to clients on time as well as is costly on gas.
flexibility is good
No work no pay if the client cancels ahead of time. Flexible schedule is good but better to have another job or different clients otherwise if someone get sick, your shift will be cancelled and you will not receive any compensation. You have to save money fro your vacation cause they include that in your payroll. Depending who is your manager, some are good and supportive, some are not.
I like working for Bayshore
They do not stress me out. They are flexible and understanding. The pay is not much but I still been working with them since 2015 just because I like the job.
Experience as a PSW
I love the fact that I am able to choose my own hours to suit my life schedule. Also that I can go to peoples own homes to provide their care so they can stay at home for longer
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Wear and tear on car
Collaborative and friendly work environment
Supportive management and friendly staff. There are resources to assist when have questions and or concerns. Coworkers are supportive and encourage learning.
Not a good place to work
I would not suggest this company and the medical devices and reprocessing department there to even my enemies.There is no work culture,ethics and safety. Supervisor or team lead are nut cases and lazy to the core, I was never given PPE to work with, had a needle poke then suffered three months. Please if you have a family don't go to that department in Bayshore
Stressful environment.
One of the most stressful environments that I have worked in. They did not provide consistent working hours for me. There was no educational support, as well my scheduled hours were always shortened. They did not have consistent support for patients, clients on a daily basis.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8