Bayshore HealthCare Employee Reviews

In desperate need of system upheaval
Client Service Coordinator/HR intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 December 2018
Bayshore is a high stress environment, you have lives in your hands and management often only see's dollars instead of humans. The turnover is insane, like a revolving door.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
Management, methods
Management is poor, moral in office is very low
CSC (Former Employee) –  ON2 December 2018
Management has favourites and treats others unfairly.
Talk about other staff when they are away to present staff
No communication with other office staff
Requests for time off are not approved but management takes 2 personal trips and other office staff take vacation during that time. Unfair
Management makes sure they take their vacations first whether office is short staffed or not.
No recognition or thanks for staying late on your own time to get work done just to get behind again the next day.
Told daily that all visits must be filled before going home at the end of the day but overtime and compensation are never given.
Orders are yelled out of offices to other staff even if they are on the phone or speaking to field staff. Very annoying and distracting.
Far too much to do in a day that is expected of you. They only care about statistics
Complaining to upper management backfires when its brought back to office management though it was not handled professionally.
Loved my coworkers, field staff and clients
Director goes into asst managers office closes the door and complains about office staff, then assistant comes out and makes office staff feel they arent doing a good job on a daily basis.
Office staff never feel they are doing a good job and are appreciated.
Office staff struggle to get work done while management congregate in each others offices for non important meetings. Laughing joking and talking about family or fashion. Closed doors doesnt mean coversations cant be heard when they are loud.
Management shop online and have family video calls during
  more... work day while office staff dont even get their lunch.
Field staff are not dealt with properly and in a timely manner for performance issues which makes scheduling more difficult...
Unreal expectations of office staff and field staff.
Good luck getting a raise. Nothing for years and then only 2%
Office staff come in to the job being happy and positive but are soon knocked down to being stressed, unhappy and low moral due to office expectations, poor management and workload.
Could be a great place to work and a forever job if it was ran properly.
Upper management has improved but needs to spend lots of time at branch and see how it is.
No job security. People are let go then later the same job is recreated and filled by someone new. No loyalty.

Happy to have left the position as not all jobs and management are like this
Pros
Great co-workers, field staff and clients
Cons
Unreal expectations of workload, low moral, unappreciated and office staff treated like circus animals
Good/bad experiences
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 December 2018
I worked for this company for a number of years. I loved working there but the job is not secure. They often(I saw this happen a number of times) "restructure" after employees have been there for a certain amount of time and then rehire for a lower wage.
Cons
No job security at all.
Terrible Pay, terribly managed
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 November 2018
Working for Bayshore at the beginning was great, but once management changed it was terrible. They wouldn't pay equally to other companies, wouldn't increase wages based on experience, and did not pay fairly whatsoever. They used flat rates for after hours that did not match the number of hours worked. It was lots of work for no pay. I do not recommend this company.
scheduling
Health care aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2018
there was a lot of last min shift pick up
and the coordinators would get upset if you don't pick up and make you feel guilty, and they send you to places that are not close to your house
Pros
management is nice
Cons
your schedule is not fixed
Hopefully you have a better experience than mine.
RPN (Current Employee) –  Ontario27 November 2018
I would only recommend Bayshore as a starter job. Or if there is nothing else available. It doesn't seem like staff stick around long because Bayshore is constantly hiring.
I have never experienced having to negotiate for fair mileage compensation from a homecare company that expects you to visit clients that are very long distances from where you live. I have had to pay so much money out of pocket for gas (approx $100 over 6 shifts). This is in addition to not being compensated for hours and hours of travel time (approx 25 hours so far and counting). There is also the wear and tear on my vehicle.The starting salary is also below the national average for RPN. It is just not worth it. I blindly committed to a rural client and will carry out my obligation because I care about them. After that, I have learned my lesson and will never again accept an assignment for a rural client from this company since they don't believe in proper compensation. They also make you feel guilty that you cancel your shift because there's a snowstorm and you don't feel like killing yourself/being stuck on the 401 highway driving to your client.
This could be a good company to work for if they had a proper orientation for nurses, offered more fair compensation for travel to rural areas, offered a better starting salary to meet the national average, and had better communication overall about the care to be provided to the client.
Pros
Nice clients, flexible hours
Cons
Mileage not paid fairly, low salary, fast/unpaid orientation, lots of opportunity for rural clients but not many in the city.
Learning experinced and meet people
Community Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 November 2018
Typical day of work is to greet people , and do task as they need,
I learned honestly to care for people with your heart, be humble and respect individual.
I manage my job not to put stress on yourself, always be ready for evrything , and happy vibes help a lot.
Workplace culture is always your safety first .
Hardest part of job is when you cant meet thier needs because there is no enough time for you to do it.
Enjoyable part of job is when you meet people needs and they appreciate it a lot.
Pros
it pays your travel time
Cons
short hours in between, and cut it inbetweento meet your windows
treat staff like dogs
Nurse Clinician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 November 2018
treat their front line workers like dogs
don't pay over time and only pay milage when you beg them
treat psw's like unskilled labourers and pay them less then their value
treat nurses like disposal employees
upper management get all the praise while front line staff and clerical support staff get notringand have to beg for respect
Pros
set your own hour
Cons
don't pay over timed expect you to work up to 60hrs a week
Not what I thought it would br
Registered Practical Nurse (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 November 2018
Was hired in September and started a great shift at a community care home.I got on well with the staff.To make a long story short,I didn't stay at that placement (through no choice of my own) and was given another client for two hours twice a day 7 days a week (very close to my home).When asking the office for more hours during the day to put me over four hours daily, I'm constantly told "we're working on it".Thank god I have interviews for other jobs this week
Pros
Not difficult work
Cons
Getting shifts
Very productive and enjoyable place to work
Community Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2018
Very prompt in getting assignments to their employees. Management always available and prompt in dealing with any issues that arise. Enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
I have no cons at this time
Psw
psw (Former Employee) –  Brantford10 November 2018
This company is a bully when coming to getting what they want! If you start off with 30 hours a week and a co worker decides to run to the office too complain about you then you might be lucky to get 10 hrs a week! Or they will switch admin staff to other offices we are listening to the workers issues not! If fact its about the people we look after not some person who sits behind a desk and pushes paperwork all day!
The work environment is just toxic is Brantford office If you want a lot of drama this is your employer to work for!
Pros
Not many the wages are good
Cons
Good luck on schedules and must be able to do 24/7 to get hours
Flexibility for Who?
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  BC5 November 2018
There sure is an option for flexibility, remember what the purpose of our roles are when we apply for a position here. Staff do the best they can considering the options.
very bad
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON2 November 2018
I work almost a year and all I have is 1 client, I feel such a waste of time and I don't even know who is my supervisor no chance to meet your supervisor, and they don't offer me any kind of course or training, you hired and you start to work with out training
provide quality care to patients in their own homes
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 November 2018
Wonderful agency to work for, but is mismanaged in this area. There is no consistency with schedules, and unrealistic expectations placed on nurses and their capacity to provide care in such a large geographic area.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
wear and tear on car
Bad Experience
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2018
As a current employee of this company I can one hundred percent say if you have other opportunities for employment... take them. There is a total lack of management (we had no Area Director for over 6 months). They play favourites, hire unprofessional individuals and they turn a blind eye to the staff who do not do their jobs, and penalize those who do. It is the most toxic work environment I've ever been in.
Pros
I had an excellent CSC and we supported each other.
Cons
Very Toxic and Unprofessional setting.
Supportive team environment, fun place to work.
Coordination (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 October 2018
Lot's of work, good opportunity to pick up extra shifts, flexible work hours.
Great support from team members and supervisor. Fun place to work, even bring your pet to work days, access to gym and other fun activities.
Focus is on ongoing learning and growth, client centered care, and making a positive difference for clients and caregivers.
Pros
Positive team environment, support for growth, flexible hours
a good starter job
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 October 2018
Scheduling unfilled visit on a regular basis,
Save paperwork, attend to emails from clients, staff & other departments.
It can get very stressful to fill shifts with difficult clients, especially when several staff refuse to see client.
Shortage of field employees.
Management will do what best for the branch not the employees
Can get very stressfull
But made some long lasting friends
Pros
can work from home
Cons
The stress that coes with the job is not worth the money
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2018
The culture of this company was fantastic. I loved everyminute of working with the different patient programs and my different managers! It was such a great experience
The worst place to work. Managers are liars and unprofessional
Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 September 2018
supervisor in the call centre department was unorganized, unstable, and overwhelmed new employees during the 1st day training. Employees are treated poorly and ppl are already quiting
Worst Job Experience
RPN (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 September 2018
I was wrongfully terminated d/t to gossip and hearsay. I worked very hard for them and i was extremly flexible. I took shifts last minute and even under all the effort i made i was let go with no explaination. All I was aware of is i was under review d\t hear say and gossip. The management are unprofessional, they hired me 10 minutes after i had my interview and didnt even contact my references.
Pros
Cons
All around terrible place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayshore HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.