Baymont Inn and Suites

Baymont Inn and Suites Employee Reviews for General Manager

General Manager36 reviews

What is the best part of working at the company?Hospitality 30 years this is the worst hotel 🛍️ be worked atWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Owners live in property. OverbearingWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Tense always feel tension in the airWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Folding laundry being ridiculed

Expect too much of one person

The pay was great and I loved my staff. When I had back to back heart attacks in September I was scheduled for a double shift less than 4 days later by the regional manager. I was then expected to be back to work on the day of my Cardiac Catheterization. Constant doubles back to back. Lived in the hotel more in the last 4 months than I did in my own home with no real support from upper management. Also we were told that the 3 baymont properties are being sold and that they will probably fire everyone once the sale was completed.

Insights into Baymont Inn and Suites

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?My employees were wonderfulWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Being an example for your employees to look up to. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was a great environment from 2017-2020What is a typical day like for you at the company?Running the day to day operation

Meet and make friends.

Meet people from all around the world.Never have to worry about hours being cut. Steady employment. Can be relaxed environment in off season and when fully staffed.

Pros

Never laid off/always more hours needed.

Cons

Breaks are only when front desk has nothing to do, which in busy season is rare.

Great support from ownership and Wyndham.

Great customer base plus overflow for citywide events in Indianapolis.Only 6 miles from Indianapolis international Airport and just 13 miles from diwntiwn Indy; close enough to enjoy all the events but far enough away to be less crowded

Flexible

Flexible with scheduling. Family orientated. You can cross train in all departments. This is helpful to insure maximum hours. Baymont has a very diverse team.

Pros

People

This Particular Hotel is Terrible

The parent company is Pax Properties. Terrible and disrespectful corporate managers. They promote you but don’t offer training which sets you up for failure. You do get a mentor but if the mentors don’t know what they are doing neither will the trainees. You will work 7 days straight and some of those days would be doubles. Avoid if possible. Very clickish.

Pros

Best Parties

Cons

Everything else is terrible

Horrible

Low pay and overworked. They expect you to do everything. Owners are very greedy. They expect people to live off of $8 hour and that’s absolutely hard to do in this time.

Overworked, underpaid, understaffed, horrible

I absolutely loved the hotel I worked at and I was surprisingly awesome at running the hotel. The problem was the owners had no idea what it took to run a hotel. They didn't care about guests or employees and were constantly putting blame where it didn't belong. By far the worst experience I have ever had as an employee.

Pros

I loved the relationship myself and my staff had with our guests

Cons

Paychecks bounced, blamed for owner neglect, zero employee appreciation

Good potential for advancement

I enjoyed my relationship with the owner. Running a multi-million dollar hotel is not an easy job, but most rewarding if you can handle major multi-tasking.

Pros

Nice work environment

Cons

Lots of work hours

Stay away, not safe. REAL Bad and illegal things go on with owners knowledge

DO NOT WORK HERE. Owner is aware of illegal activities, does not support management. Drinks during his visits, hires shady people when intoxicated. Ladies beware!!

Pros

smoking is permitted, while on the clock

Cons

You lose an hour pay each shift. They take 1hour out whether you take lunch or not

Don’t work here

Terrible ownership. Poor pay and very unprofessional environment. Also bad area, lots of drugs and not a safe area. Very old hotel that is not maintained. No benefits.

Poor Ownership

Ownership group is poorly structured, micro manages, and does not value its employees well. High turnover is a direct result of hotel owners lack of experience and poor anger management.

Best place

Everything is great and up to the expectations . The owners are very good and very accommodating. They help for anything or everything. Life is suppose to go upward and I am trying to do that for myself .

Pros

Everything is good with best work environment

Challenging Property

This property was 98 rooms and I was able to advance my knowledge of room operations. I also was able to negotiate group rates and collecting accounts. The only downside is required working 6 days a week and not a lot of balance between work and being off.

A good location to work

Enjoyed the day to day work with great associates. Challenging when busy. Hard Part of Job is not being able to get things done due to financial restrictions Most enjoyable part is meeting new people daily and receiving regular customers.

Pros

stayed at apartment on site

Cons

During holidays staff issues

Hotel area was challenge but staff and i managed to keep property working until sold.

Managed 156 room property with 75,000 gallon outdoor pool. Hotel had many issues upon taking over and staff and I worked hard to overcome as many of them as possible. Worked with corporate sales staff to increase business. Worked closely with city and CVB to improve overall attitude about property.

Such a great hotel

I started out as an auditor and worked my way up to GM. This hotel is a great property and guests are the best. Such a great property to learn from. I can't wait to take what I have learned and continue to grow.

Excellent work environment

This is a great company to work for. I worked here as a General Manager for 2+ Years. I could have worked here my entire career but we had to move to Australia due to our Visa issues in USA.

Baymont Orangeburg North

Overall Good company to work for if you are looking to join a team that takes pride in their work and that values hard work and dedication. management and staff are great.

n/a

Baymont Inn and Suites is a great middle brand to work for. The work life balance is the best i've had thus far. The staff has been with the company for many years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baymont Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement