Baymont Inn and Suites

Baymont Inn and Suites Employee Reviews for Front Desk Receptionist

Front Desk Receptionist66 reviews

What is the best part of working at the company?Was normal till Lee took over What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Always being watched on camera and asked dumb questions that manager already know. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Lazy management What is a typical day like for you at the company?Walking on eggshells

Overloaded

Good place to work but be prepared to take on a lot of extra roles. Management likes to skimp out on who they hire and did not pay well. I did almost everyone’s job for them most of the time with little promotion

Insights into Baymont Inn and Suites

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good place

It is an easy job. Not much to do and there is a lot of downtime. Sometimes can be unsafe as some guests are sketchy. Management is good and easy. Not a bad place for students.

Avoid at all costs

Keep you at 79 hours for two weeks so you can’t collect Benefits then try to pay you cash for extra hours An want to tax the cash. Dumps all the work on two employees and won’t fix anything around the hotel. The place is falling apart and they are just sucking the cash they can get out of it before they pass it on to someone else.

Pros

There isn’t any

Cons

No benefits no paid leave refuse to pay overtime at the state required 1 1/2

Job is trash

They expect you to the most but don’t want to give u but 11.00 an hour and you don’t even make 500 every two weeks. They are very very unorganized and take advantage of their employees

I enjoy helping others. Nice place to work.

Once you learn your job it is really easy, and you have time to work on other things like online classes if you have them. There is not much room for professional growth and the pay could be higher.

Pros

Job security

Cons

No advancement

Rude managers, no help during busy days!

I worked at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Flagstaff, AZ for about a year. This was my first "professional" job. Let me just say, management was a mess. Our manager would fire people just because he didn't like them. The managers were also very condescending, treating me like a child when I had learned the ins and outs of every task at this place.

It's a job

Did not get paid what I deserved. Worked outside of what my job title required and was not paid fairly adequately. Nepotism was present in the work place.

Not a fun place to work

There is nothing good about this job they have I'll work you you don't get paid like you supposed to they short you love your check and your hours and I think they better than you. There's nothing to look for in coming to work It's always drama

they try to be as flexible as possible with the little staff they have but at the same time we are over worked and under paid

management does her best so kuddos to her over all employess are over worked under paid with no benefits you just dont feel cared about here they will run you ragged and still expect you to be there on time and do above and beyond which wouldnt be a problem if you were treated right

Pros

management is okay

Cons

under paid no benefits lack of care for employees

Entertaining and fun

Poor management. Manager is constantly picking who he wants to succeed and who he does not. A lot of drama in the workplace and no one to stop it. Managers are only there for themselves.

Pros

Good workplace

Cons

No breaks, poor management

Dedication

You get there do a shift change for whoever's there before you and you tell him what happened about the date most enjoyable Parts like pack hardest part would be learning their computer system and I learned a lot from that job

Pros

Okay money

Cons

no breaks

Nice

It was nice. Very nice it was nice much fun yes great time would recommend to anybody who likes to have a good time very great time I loved working here

Pros

Cons

Working

Long hours but work is consistant

Very good constant hours management very understanding and allways adhears to cdc regulations. Understanding to employees needs and works to assist guests that get the best experience.

An awful place to work

They cant keep employees because no one wants to work 60 hours a week 12 hours a say for $8 an hour. The guests are awful. The management didn't care if you were rude back so that was a nice change coming from a customer is always correct work environment.

Pros

Reduced priced toom stays

Cons

The manager does not help and you end up picking up shifts for people who don’t care to show up to their shifts.

The company is not organized at all. You end up working 1st 2nd and 3rd shift and often times the people who work next don’t show up. You are expected to do more than you were told in the interview and raises are not even realistic if they happen at all. Have fun dealing with unrully customers who are angry because things aren’t fully cleaned or taken care of. Would not recommend to anyone.

Pros

Can do school work if time

Cons

Short staffed, overworked, underpaid

Very little English, unfortunately

I very much enjoyed my job here, but I was also 16 at the time working for the family who owned the hotel. The family happens to be immigrants from India, and they did let me know that. However, their accents are very thick and hard to understand. I stayed and enjoyed my work with the locals who needed to be checked in and assisted at times for roughly 8-10 months, but ended up quitting due to a communication error

Pros

Great hours, somewhat flexible, easy job duties

Cons

Unable to understand management, no English, miscommunication

Fun place to work with

It was my first time working in a hotel and honestly I loved it for I met interesting people that travelled hearing their stories and such. And making sure their stay was peaceful and even relaxing before they continued their trip home or to where ever. I stayed they until the new management kicked in and kind of messed everything up.

I don’t kno

Management is not the best. There is lots of favoritism. It depends on the day what it is like it can be completely dead or you can just never get a chance to go to the bathroom. Most enjoyable part is the railroaders in my opinion. They make my days better!

Worse place to work

I worked at the one in oxford and it was horrible! The first day there the boss left me with a housekeeper who kept running off. The second day there I was there 5 mins early and no one showed up! I had no idea what to do or anything! No way to contact anyone! Stayed there for 30 mins and freaking left! Around 10am the boss called me and said she was expecting me to be there! Fyi I was there on time she wasn't! I still haven't gotten my paycheck!

Cons

Baymont in Keokuk is a great place to work. The hotel is management is exceptional and the whole staff is friendly. I would recommend anyone to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baymont Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement