Baymont Inn and Suites

Front Desk Agent216 reviews

Clear
2.3Pay & benefits

Terrible Management

There is a lot of favoritism and plenty of drama including management being involved. I do not recommend working here plus the pay is very low and they do not appreciate your hard work

Don't work here

Terrible place to work for low pay long hours dont train properly just throw you in and leave expecting you to know how to do everything your first day

Pros

Cons

Everything g

Insights into Baymont Inn and Suites

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

It's a job

Worked here for a very long time and any complaints I have truly are my fault for putting up with them for as long as I did. Never had paid vacation/sick days. No benefits offered. Management has zero control over fixing issues due to lack of support by the owner. Some employees were great and the only reason I stayed for as long as I did. Other employees just lazy and incompetent, as I would assume you'd find in most jobs.

Pros

Meeting people from many different places.

Cons

Customers yelling at you about issues you're clearly aware of but have no control in fixing.

Overworked/underpaid

Constant chaos. Get called in every day off. No support from management, hourly wage is a joke, no benefits. Never acknowledge positive things that we do.

Pros

Guests

Cons

Work Environment

Okay

Okay entry job. You gain experience working at a front desk. Pay was not the best but I believe it matched the work. Usually had an opportunity to get extra hours when someone couldn't come in.

Good energy, good staff, easy going job.

I have worked here for 6 months and I have never had an issue here regarding pay, other employees, or even guests. The people I work with make it a lot easier to work here. Management gave me 40 hours a week as requested. We may have one negative customer here and there but, who doesn't? It doesn't match up with the good energy that's already in place. As long as you do the job and do it right, there's no problems. The manager here chooses his employees first as well. Unfortunately, he will be leaving soon due to new ownership so hopefully it stays in the good place it's at. The job itself is easy to learn if you are new the hospitality business. You just have to pay attention to detail and be very efficient.

Pros

Good discount on food, laid back environment, paid time off.

Cons

No healthcare benefits, low wages but will be given a lot hours.

The pay is not enough and you work your butt off and you don't even get time and a half for all the overtime you work

It wouldn't be such a bad place to work if we got paid fairly and they actually paid us over time because they do not pay us overtime wages and you're having to work a lot because they do not have enough employees so you can have 25 hours of overtime but they did not pay you overtime wages they only pay you your regular hourly pay which is not right

Pros

Easy place to work

Cons

The pay is too low and they do not pay us overtime wages when we work overtime

inadequate pay and no perks or insurance

The owner has no social skills and hides from the customers if a problem arises. There are no bonuses, perks, paid time off or insurance. Zero respect for his employees and the pay is inadequate for the work overload.

Pros

Cons

no breaks, sick leave, personal time. Pay is inadequate and is extremely rude.

Chaos!

The job it's self is ok... Had to call the police a lot. Always under staffed. Rooms are run down and dirty. Very unprofessional place to work. Very little training. Pay is to low for what you go through daily!

Pros

Overtime

Horrible place. Horrible Management.

Honestly there is no support within this company. The owners talk horribly about their employees to other employees. No benefits, schedule changes at their convenience, give you a task you were not trained in and then get blamed for the bad outcome. "HR" is not qualified to be human resources as they never take any actual concerns and reconcile them. The manager lives in Canada and never comes to the hotel and then when something goes wrong they are not reachable. You get 3 days of training and then released by yourself with no support as you are the only one on duty. No mandatory lunch breaks or breaks in general. Also, when a guest died in the hotel, there was no offer of grief support or any type of counseling. And they started to treat me very differently upon learning of my pregnancy.

Pros

none. literally none.

Cons

no benefits, no lunch breaks, no 15 min breaks, schedule changes

Not a good place

It is not a good place to work you're overworked underpaid they don't have any sanitizing cleaning materials the manager is very inexperienced I would not recommend anyone to work here

Pros

No pros

Cons

No lunch break no discounts no health Care no PPE equipment and the pay sucks

To many promises not executed

Group of workers that are trouble makers liars and lot of favoritism. Proberty is inder poor condition needs renovations bad. Manager are all liars. No recognition for a job well done. No compensation for exceeding goals by Wyndham . No appreciation for staff.

Pros

Free Breakfast

Cons

No healthcare, no advancement

Mostly relaxed work environment & pleasant guests. Compassionate owner.

A variable job, task wise, and you will be dealing with the public constantly in person, by phone & email. You are the pilot & co-pilot & you will learn to master the ins & out of the hotel business from the front desk & on occasion in housekeeping, maintenance or guest personalized concerns. Of the several hotel front desk jobs I have worked, this company by far out ranks the others. Across 3 ownerships over 10 years my bosses were compassionate, sympathetic, generous & respectful of their predecessors.

Pros

Multi task at your priority pace; meet great daily, comfortable & safe working conditions.

Cons

No benefits or advancement opportunities, below market salary; irregular maintenance

Work boss is fun sometimes

Great place if fresh out of school, or just need extra money in general. Not the best pay nor hours but it’s okay if your just needing extra money for bills.

Pros

Sitting down, chill work place

Cons

Employees talk bad upon each other

Poor management

Poor management. Hostile environment would not recommend to work there . No breaks are allowed, no lunch breaks ,employees must work for 8 hours without any kind of breaks.

Pros

No work breaks

Cons

No health insurance no benefits

The Inside Scoop

Work-life balanceI expected the first Baymont by Wyndham in Oregon to be a mid-high end hotel but unfortunately this establishment is poorly managed. The employees are underpaid and do not get over time when they work more than 40 hours a week. Instead the owner simply provides you with two checks, one for 40 hours and one for the remaining hours worked except that the second check is through a separate company therefore the employees do not get the overtime that they worked.Pay & benefitsIf you would like to be paid for the hours that you worked make sure to take a picture of your time card and write down the hours that you worked separately from the hotels forms.Job security and advancementThe only way to advance at this company is to reach out to a Wyndham liaison and request training material. Management at Baymont will not provide you with training material.ManagementThe management of this company runs a hotel as if it were a pay by the hour motel. They do not respect the Wyndham rewards programs and if you're not careful will take advantage of a hard-working individual.CultureAt times more often than not it is a hostile work environment due to the management.OverallMy main concerns with this Baymont by Wyndham in Roseburg, Oregon is that it is poorly managed and at times a very hostile work environment. The owners on the other hand are a pair of hard-working individuals with a good heart. I would simply ask that they would take some serious inventory of the people that they employ and the effect that it has on the hotel as well as the clients that stay -

It's a job

I worked as FD here for a little over a year. It was ok. Low pay. Many mantinence issues. Rude customers that will try to take advantage of you. Stingy, cheap owner. If you didn't write down your hours he wouldn't pay you for all of them. Gm lived there and didnt have a car so he'd ask me to drive him places off the clock. That being said there's a lot of nice regulars and staff who make working there semi-enjoyable.

Pros

Coworkers, regulars

Cons

No breaks, no healthcare, lots of problems on shift

Hints

I love my job but the schedule is hectic there is no happy medium The guest are sometimes insane and you have to have a good temperament to be work here You work holidays and you are away from your family a lot It is good money tho

Very low pay scale

It would be nice to have the wages increased to where employees didn’t have to struggle so hard to make ends meet. It also doesn’t offer any type of benefits or room for growth which is disappointing. It’s not a company that you can stay with long term due to the lack of benefits. It’s mainly a job you can have on the side along with a main job that’s more stable and secure.

Checking in customers and dealing with individuals daily

When I clock in I check to make sure all previous paperwork was completed. Then if I work 1st shift I make breakfast for customers. On 2nd shift I assign housekeeping jobs and check rooms. The most enjoyable part is making sure the customers needs are met and everything is up to standards. The least enjoyable would simply be the salary.

Do not work here

Management at this location is awful there new agm is lazy, incompetent and spiteful. She says it is all just a paycheck for her and does not care what happens once she leaves there leaving all the stress on all the under paid employees. They don’t promote from within. They do not give raises unless they are desperate for you to stay. They do not care about their employees at all and no matter how long you have been there your hard work is still unnoticed and unappreciated. Do you self a favor save the money in your mental health bills. Go to Hampton inn!!