Baymont Inn and Suites

Baymont Inn and Suites Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Front Desk Agent218 reviews

Unreasonable demands on my time

Was texted by a new manager who did not even bother to introduce themselves, and was asked to come in with less than an hour's notice for a seventh day in a row. Many other incidents of nepotism and behind the back manipulation, fabricating complaints etc. Very disappointed in the new on site manager

Pros

Free bananas that had gone brown

Cons

Poor management

The bosses don’t appreciate they workers.

It’s honestly not too bad but the owners don’t appreciate you as a worker. & it’s very unorganized. But you do get to work by yourself so that’s one plus.

Pros

Can take your lunch/break whenever

Cons

Working by yourself

Insights into Baymont Inn and Suites

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Front desk

As a night auditor, I felt that my training was very good. Much care is given to ensure that I understood my job and if I had questions, then I could speak with my supervisor and general manager about them freely.

Terrible Management

There is a lot of favoritism and plenty of drama including management being involved. I do not recommend working here plus the pay is very low and they do not appreciate your hard work

Don't work here

Terrible place to work for low pay long hours dont train properly just throw you in and leave expecting you to know how to do everything your first day

Pros

Cons

Everything g

The bad stands out more than the good.

It all started great and fun until managers started getting disrespectful and stopped doing schedules. they expect people to work 7-16 days in a row without a day off then once you do take the time off after let’s say 15 days they get attitudes with you for taking off.

Bad, poor management, low morale

No coherent training for front desk tasks. Phones and computers very old, frequent downtime. General manager changes policies randomly. Hotel standards not followed.

Pros

N/a

Cons

No breaks, lunch sometimes delayed due to lack of coverage

Learning new experience

Loved this job I got promotion from housekeeping to front desk service my manager was so awesome he called me his renegade and my co workers were so helpful

Run down hotel with no leadership

The owner claims he is trying to fix the place up but is never there and doesn't seem to care. You will be by yourself most of the time without any actual support.

Great owner

The owner is awesome he works with his employees and cares about them. He not only cares for them but does for them and their families. He will work with schedule and dr appt or family situations in general

Pros

Cons

No enough workers

Favoritism

The general manager had her picks and chooses of who she wants to be Friendly with it's very unprofessional there ...stuff keeps breaking down ...rooms nasty ...the rooms has black mold

It's a job

Worked here for a very long time and any complaints I have truly are my fault for putting up with them for as long as I did. Never had paid vacation/sick days. No benefits offered. Management has zero control over fixing issues due to lack of support by the owner. Some employees were great and the only reason I stayed for as long as I did. Other employees just lazy and incompetent, as I would assume you'd find in most jobs.

Pros

Meeting people from many different places.

Cons

Customers yelling at you about issues you're clearly aware of but have no control in fixing.

Terrible management

Never again will I work for them. They just want perfection in their workers, and that isn't possible. The best part of working there was getting off shift to go home.

Completely unprofessional and a complete waste of time.

I started training as front desk/night auditor at the Baymont Inn and suites in Macon Georgia and wasn't able to resume training due to transportation issues. There was no support there was no sympathy there was no encouragement on helping me be able to keep this job and keep training. And when it comes to receiving your paycheck even if it was just for one day I keep getting it around around and excuses for why my check is not available for me to pick up.

They could take your paycheck

General manager charges employees at all locations who make mistakes on certain accounts for the guests entire stay. This is more than you make in a day. General manager also admitted to watching employees without telling them from dark parking lots.

Looks can be misleading

Owners nice along with most of the other employees, but management is questionable, pay is decent though, definitely only a good place for temporary work

Front desk

I checked people in. It folded laundry. I set up breakfast. I made sure my guest were happy when they checked in. It was a okay job it would be better if it paid more

Pros

Did pay enough

Overworked/underpaid

Constant chaos. Get called in every day off. No support from management, hourly wage is a joke, no benefits. Never acknowledge positive things that we do.

Pros

Guests

Cons

Work Environment

Don't work here

When I first started i loved it there. Im a college student and needed a job that knew that. So i was told i would work 3 days a week and then that wasn't what happen. I was working 7 days a week.

Impressive

I've been working in this industry a few years and where i was at compared to BAYMONT, was horrible from the establishment to the employees. So when i came to work for BAYMONT i came in hoping for the best but expecting the worst, but from the callback to the pre interview and then the real interview to my first day off training, everything was so professional, the employees,even the guest, i feel a sense of belonging, i knew this was the place for me, and this is where i was meant to work.

Okay

Okay entry job. You gain experience working at a front desk. Pay was not the best but I believe it matched the work. Usually had an opportunity to get extra hours when someone couldn't come in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baymont Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement