Baylis Medical

Baylis Medical Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Fast paced and competitive. Lots of team interaction. Employee development. Patient focused. Exemplary core values put into practice by volunteering or participating in initiatives that are typically outside of day-to-day workload.
They dont know how to train new employees. The production supervisor need need employees do fast , new employees are not robots. Please give thm time for learning. This is so terrible. Some of the staffs they laugh to new employees what they are doing , when mistakes comes, can I ask these people they dont make mistakes .... dont be more smarter. Some of the philippinos

they speak there language in the production department

they speak their language in the they told only english, this is nly for new eployees... production department, in the orientalists they
It's one thing not getting back to potential candidates who apply for a job and don't make it past the resume screening process -whom ironically get notified via their automated rejection system actually-, and others who not only make it past the phone interview but reach all the way to the 2nd in-person interview and then getting completely ghosted! It's not only unprofessional and disrespectful, but it also sends a bad impression about your company even if that's not the case. I understand that sometimes, you don't have the answers or your waiting on the hiring manager to make up their mind; however, a simple acknowledgement of the follow up email and a quick update should be more than enough; but to completely stop replying or answering phone calls is very unprofessional and waste of the candidates time; especially when that candidate takes the time to prepare and travel to your site more than one time over a period of more than 2 months!

Now for all fairness, the people I have met with were very nice and welcoming. I think the hiring process overall needs improvement...
Culture felt like a highschool. Staff is very clicky. Manager was the worse part of the experience. Was told after 3 weeks that "You need a kick in the a... ". Regardless of context not very professional. Constantly tested eg I did this in 5 minutes on a scrap piece of paper. Given me your analysis immediately.
Nice clean workplace, worked it moulding /assemble department - very small pieces to work with under magnifiers & trimming with hand cutters and expected to achieve in 5 days what some employees have in 4 mths + experience ! They praise you, your doing good but then back door you - to not return at end of day!
If they tell you after a week to buy new shoes for Cle room, my advice - don’t! Until you know for certain they are keeping you! .. or you’ll be out $50 for the cost of the new shoes and no job the following week

This company ( Team Leads) needs to give new employees more then 5 days to prove themselves has a hardworking, willing to learn individual. Be careful if going in has a “ temp” some employees target you to get you gone, before given half a chance.
Pros
A lot of nice ppl, but some untrustworthy-
Cons
Definitely Not enough time for training, I heard expected to work overtime although not mandatory, shift starts at 730am but expected to be suited up in their mandatory lab coats, head & hands and in your work area sanitizing at 7:20am, team lead misleading to your job work!
This Place gives great importance to its employees. There is a lot of learning that happens in your everyday life from the job. Company is very multi cultural and everyone are friendly and helpful.
Downside is that few people coming from different working backgrounds tend to work in their own ways, instead of working alongside with others which in-turn causes failure to meet deadlines.

"PERFORMANCE CONCERNS"
Pros
Work culture, Work/life balance
This job was a great way to learn and expand my knowledge in the health care field because I was able to learn about the different materials being distributed
Its a nice place but can be very bias towards some workers at times, like for example some workers will take multiple breaks without any questioning from the supervisor and then some workers who does the same gets warning plus they increase your responsibility an work with no increase of pay,
Pros
Good activities
Cons
Unfair
Its good working in baylis medical company with good environment and workplace. They are an organized company wirh the owners care of their employees but i want to find another job to have more opportunity regardness of salary.
challenging work
like to work

busy clinic

good and safe place to work

many new things to know

plenty of hours and overtime
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Baylis Medical?
I started my job at Baylis Medical few months back and I am very much loving it. It's a great place to work at, the work enviornment is very postive and motivating for all those who want to learn and grow. The managment team and the HR department is very caring and understanding towards all its employees. All of my co-workers are respectfull and very cooperative towards each other. Above all the Baylis Medical is a great organization to work for.
Pros
Excellent managment team, great workplace events, overall very positive enviornment.
Working at Baylis as a production engineering assistant was a great way to get exposed to medical systems, production floors and manufacturing, CAD modelling, and working with suppliers and machinists, however communication between management and employees and between departments needs to improve. Many contradictory orders are given to employees in all departments making most projects progress slowly.
Baylis is one of my favourite places that I have worked at. The company structure allows for easy communication between individuals and teams making sure that you always have access to a person with relevant knowledge.

This strong collaborative atmosphere is built on top of a hard-working and self-starting culture. Each person is managing their own project and Baylis' generalist approach ensures that each engineer is an expert on their own product ensuring greater quality and a more cohesive project as a whole.
Absolutely delightful, enriching experience, with a great group of people

Positive and helpful management, great work ethics of co-workers

I take satisfaction in knowing my work directly improves the health and well being of others
nice good to start
only day shift

clean room enviourment

team work

responsible

helping to serve better health

learned a lot about different medical devices and its apploication
nice to work with baylis,i am enjoying my work with good co-workers,I can also update my self on day to day basis.