Bayer Employee Reviews

Productive and personality improvement
Seed Technician (Current Employee) –  Philippines7 April 2018
In working in this company it helps my personality improves especially in dealing with farmers. I experienced monitoring their rice farm and helping them solve their problems with insect manifestation. I experienced traveling to different places in the Philippines through my company.
Pros
With incentives
Cons
Long hours working
great place to work and has learned a lot
Senior Territory Business Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Mississauga16 January 2018
I have worked in ethical sales in the pharmaceutical industry over last 35 years.I have aquired great knowledge of healthcare field and pts. care.
I can relate to any pts needs and work closely with my team.
I also work on the social services with Halton Sikh Cultural Assoc. and participate in other field such Halton Police Services, Ha;ton HealthCare and Oakville Hospital.
Raised funds over $50,000 for the Oakville Hospital
Good pay
Student (Former Employee) –  Somerset, MB11 January 2018
Sickest job ever. Made so much dough in one summer. Learn lots. Made a lot of friends. Lots of education. Expensive trips. Very Boujee Job. And very lit place to work for. fo sho.
Bayer is a best place to work for.
Talent Acquisition Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
I had an amazing experience at Bayer - very professional environment with high learning culture. It has immense growth opportunities. My experience at Bayer was wonderful in terms of learning, growth, and fun. My boss gave me a chance to explore other HR function by taking different projects and also work cross-functionally to learn more about business.
Pros
work life balance, too many interactive fun events
Cons
located far away from home
Bayer
Logistics & Control Staff (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region4 January 2018
An excellent multinational company with very good benefits and perks for their employees. Have very hardworking people and very good and clean facility.
Work-life balance is poor - especially in the summer for field workers. However, pay rates and perks are good.
Agronomist (Current Employee) –  AB, Canada20 December 2017
The work and work hours varies greatly through the year. Winter is generally slower and devoted to preparation for the following summer and educational courses.
In the summer, hours increase dramatically with long hours spent traveling between office and sites as well as working there. 60-80 hour weeks are not uncommon. Consequently stress levels can be very high. Field work includes site selection, site preparation, seeding, weed and pest control, plant observations and harvest.
Pros
vehicle for personal use, free meals while in field
Cons
Very long hours during summer months, heavy work load.
Great contract job
Canola Seed Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 December 2017
I worked as a contract canola seed cleaning employee (Bayer CropScience). This position is great for someone who needs to make a decent amount of cash over a contract period. At my particular location there was very little to no chance of advancement OR permanent employment, which made the job somewhat frustrating for a lot of employees who dedicated many years of contract work with this company. Plenty of opportunity for overtime but it is required to work long hours and to come in when the help is needed. Great people to work with every day but the work is quite mundane and boring. A big part of their procedures were outdated and still on paper (vs. electronic).
Pros
Lots of overtime, great starting wage, great employees
Cons
Long hours, not much for work-life balance, no opportunity for advancement or permanent employment
Great Company. I was working as contractor
Specialist Planning and Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC13 November 2017
Management is well organized and understand the vision and mission. Goal setting is a priority to assure productivity and people are team players towards the goal.
Pros
Very interesting job
Cons
Job security
excellent
Area Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ON8 October 2017
I was product specialist for 3 years then area field supervisor for 4 years in marketing and sales of pharmaceutical products with excellent sales record
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal28 September 2017
Great company with great facilities where I improve myself in a professional aspect. The facilities are located in a very conflicted area about traffic that at the end it become a problem because yo make 1 - 2 hours of travel.
Fast paced office enviroment
International Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 September 2017
Never the same day twice. Fast paced office environment, dealing with clients across the world. Good office staff.
Great office management..team players.
Positive experience
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 July 2017
Great team and teamwork. Very supportive management. Training was significant and allowed for development of selling and communication skills. Travel can be extensive at times.
Great teamwork, support and communication.
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 July 2017
Positive workplace culture and very supportive. Depending on territory, travel can be extensive. Great teamwork. Excellent training programs and opportunities to continually develop.
Fantastic Culture, work hard play hard
Formulator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 June 2017
I loved working for this company I worked there for 5 years before deciding to go back to school. Great benefits and competitive environment, you work hard you get rewarded for it.
Très bien
CMC documentation manager (Former Employee) –  Gaillard24 May 2017
Bon environnement de travail, formation individuelles disponibles.
Productive and fun generally
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
Good people to work with. Avoid head of central controlling as tough to work with. Productive culture. Lots of people been around for ages so can be time consuming overcoming old mindset
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Some people around too long so old mindset
Chargée de gestion (Former Employee) –  Loos, FR24 April 2017
Job security
Well taken care of employees
The salary ranges are well
Good working hours / flexible
Company restaurant for employees
A excellent company to work for. Great work culture.
Quality Control / Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CA21 April 2017
A excellent company to work for. Great work culture. Working in Quality Control department is very satisfying, since everyday there is something new to learn.
Good culture generally but be wary of who you work for
Controller (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 April 2017
Been here for a while and its been good. Things get done and colleagues are generally good. Recently there has been some restructures so it has created some latent unhappiness but the pay and above average bonus covers that up. If you just want to do your job and go home to your family, its a good company. I think the worst team to possible work for is controlling due to poor leadership.
Pros
culture, subsidised lunch. Bonus is paid
Cons
management, controlling leadership poor
Bons avantages sociaux. Salaire intéressant
Spécialiste en documentation de production (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC6 April 2017
L'usine est passée des mains de Bayer à Famar. A court terme, je crains qu'il y ait peu de commandes, mais avec le temps, l'usine devrait rouler à plein
Pros
Ambiance. Flexibilité des heures de travail. Motivation du personnel
Cons
Systèmes parfois trop lourds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2