Bayer

Canada130 reviews

Found 130 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,762 reviews
culturefieldlongfreesupervisorlearnyearenvironment

Best years of my career

I will always be grateful for the years I spent in Bayer. This is where my career has flourished as I got exposed to different facets of my chosen field and experienced working with people from different cultures. Work-life balance was also a major plus!

Great work-life balance with career advancement opportunities

Great company to work for as a summer student, interesting and fulfilling work with well rounded management. Executives at Bayer truly care about their summer students and make sure successful students are compensated for their hard work.

Pros

Company card

Cons

N/a

Insights into Bayer

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues

Best company ever

Bayer cares about their employees and puts them first. Nice work and life balance and opportunity for growth. It’s very diverse which is great. Cafeteria is subsidized with gym on site. Great benefit

Pros

Diversity

Cons

same as most work places

Supportive work environment

Positive place to work. Open to new ideas when presented. Interesting work in agriculture. Supportive management, and excellent coworkers. A lot of collaboration with other sites across North America.

I’ve been with Bayer for 25+ years still love it

I’ve had a long and rewarding career at Bayer and still highly recommend it. They focus on development and certainly support you on your journey of self improvement.

Great place for lunch

There is a big lunch room. Free coffee was provided. People are nice there. You can communicate with them and have some fun during lunch time. The work is high intensive.

Pros

Free coffee

Technician

Good place to start working to gain the experience but definitely not for long term especially for the canola breeding facility in Winnipeg. Same positions but some got hired directly by the company and some by the agent. Different benefits for both groups and positions are usually 1 year contract which they can terminate anytime

Pros

Good for resume working for a big company

Cons

Contract, lack of career advancement

Fast paced, time flies

I enjoyed working at this company. Management was supportive and the ladies, once you got to know them, were helpful. But it's very busy and everyone keeps their head down, performing their expected duties, in order to get everything done within the allotted hours.

Pros

busy

Cons

busy

Company is really nice to work, very professional environment and I love all the people that I met all the time. Nice place to work with.

Company is really nice to work, very professional environment and I love all the people that I met all the time. Nice place to work and you can learn a lot things too.

Good overall company

Great company for products we are all familiar with.Needs more diversity within staff and especially upper management.Relaxed atmosphere. Good staff.

Good place

Different tasks each day. Lots of travel but get to see different places and meet lots ofPeople. Overall good job and the management was very good and helpful

Pros

Company vehicle

Cons

Travel

Horrible workplace with no sense of management or teamwork

Terrible. absolutely horrible. If you want to work in a place that has a good/avg pay for a lab assistant position and have 10.5hr days where the work is tedious and boring and people are aiming at getting you fired then this would be the top place. Management is 0. Team effort is 0. only good thing is the food they give you after making you work 12hrs in a day on stat days. Defintely would not recommend unless you have no choice. you would get really good benefits for the migraines and back pain you'll get after working there.

Pros

free food on stat days

Cons

Long hours, zero management, zero problem solving skills and everything just 0 including a peaceful sleep at night

Bayer - Carman MB Site

Worked this location for just shy of 4 years. People were great. Pay was great. All the overtime you could want. Spring 2021 everything changed. There was no respect or value given to returning employees. Opinions and experience were no longer valued. 3 of us who were consider Crew Leaders were let go with no reason given. Two of us, myself included were not even given the decency of a notice. They just chose to not pick up the phone for harvest season. Very unprofessional. Have zero skills in addressing contractor concerns or issues with staff. Would rather hide from a problem and never call you back than address it like civilized adults. They have no shame. No honor. I would not recommend taking a position at this location.

Pros

Plenty of OT. Winters off for contractors

Cons

Lack of professionalism, Poor leadership skills, Zero conflict management, Poor employee skills screening

One of the best organization in the world

I started job in Bayer in back home , After moving to Canada , I got job in Bayer Canada (10 Years ago). Bayer is one of the great organization upper management set very clear rules so ultimately local management is good. unfortunately Bayer sold their few products to BASF , very very bad luck my job was transfer to one of the worst organization. Now i have quit BASF. But there is no Bayer plant in Regina . No choice to re join Bayer.

Pros

lots of chances for advancement

Cons

Some bad people always in any organizations

Very supportive environment

Bayer is a great company to work for. The training was good and it’s a very collaborative environment despite having to work from home due to COVID- everyone is very helpful

Staff can get an hour of fun time everyday

Staff can get an hour of fun time everydayLunch is half priceIf you are contractor the chance is very limited to growI have limited information because I was not staff I was a contractor

Pros

Professional enviroment

Cons

No room for contractor to grow

Great place

Great place except that I have contract and not any benefits : to be a seed technician you need to be a young woman or know someone with high position

Productive good co-worker associations

While at Bayer. Was able to assist and solve client and company issues. In the last few years company policies went from employee considerations to profit and loss. Company downsizing was a result of the new policies. Working with company clients and employees was rewarding but uncertainties with job and work futures made it harder to focus on job at hand. I still found while working at Bayer, most days went home with feelings of accomplishment.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Employees asked to always push harder

Supportive, great supervisors

Great, supportive place to work with a strong emphasis on safety and openness around near-miss scenarios in order to improve tasks and help everyone stay mindful of hazards, at work and outside of work. Supervisors were great and wanted to see the crew succeed, often spending days out in the field with us. Quite physical with lots of walking, not very intellectually stimulating

Tons of learning

I was there at the transition of bayer to basf and was lots of internal work that had to be done in order to do the transition. The overall expierence I though was good

Very stressful

Very grateful for the opportunity given to me. Stressful and demotivating not because of the workload but due to the way the unit was managed. People not qualified for the job were brought in because their relatives knew so and so. Even the (bilingual) job conditions were tailor made to accommodate and promote these persons ( whose knowledge in french language, both written and spoken, was less than basic). The new manager (who is not bilingual) recruited a bilingual agent and later on found that the agent's french was not satisfactory and other bilingual agents in the unit had to check and correct her work on a daily basis. That agent and another one who is not bilingual were offered permanent jobs while others who were more qualified had their contracts terminated. The head of the unit had such a low review but she was simply transferred to another department. The hr people could not respond to my queries. An agent who had many many years of experience as manager was denied the post because she was not bilingual but later the job was given to somebody who is not bilingual. Not a healthy environment to work in. ...........

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement