Bayer Employee Reviews

Found 74 reviews matching the search See all 2,751 reviews
A marketing lead, top down organization
National Account Manager / Broker Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 December 2018
Under going major restructure, and divestiture of brands within the Consumer Health division, due to continuously missing objectives within the Americas region.
Great company!
Coordinator, Medical department (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2018
Great company, culture, benefits, innovative, enjoyed my time at Bayer. Employee respect very strong.
Learned a lot of systems and innovative way of doing work.
Great atmosphere overall.
Very good place to work with good reword.
Technical Associate - Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Bayer INc. provide lots of freedom to perform with leadership.
Provides excellent environment to work, no pressure and clean place.
Learnt to work independently with responsibility.
Celebrate individual achievements.
Hardest part is only had to worked with chemicals.
Pros
Provided lots of free goodies as golf tournaments, free launches.
Cons
some times worked odd hours.
Highly Recommend
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2018
I loved working for Bayer CropScience. As a woman I felt that the executives I worked with never once doubted my ability, but rather encouraged me to do something new and creative even if it might not work. I never felt scared, violated, sexualized, and felt that my voice was always heard, considered, and important. My boss really tried to help develop me as an individual and made an effort to take me to conferences, recommend literature, offer support/sugestions if I needed, and intruduce me to new contacts and networking opportunities to broaden my network. Also, all travel is fully paid for and they ensure that employees are safe and comfortable in their accomidations and meal allowances. Employees are also provided with training and all the necessary tools to succeed (tech equipment, etc).
Pros
Good corporate community and workplace respect
Cons
not enough education about and communication with the other divisions within the company, not enough education about what the company does/products for a new employee
Great opportunitty and proactive enterprise
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2018
I had an amazing experience at Bayer - very professional environment with high learning culture. It has immense growth opportunities. My experience at Bayer was wonderful in terms of learning, growth, and fun. My boss gave me a chance to explore other HR function by taking different projects and also work cross-functionally to learn more about business.
always full
Bilingual Field Sales Support/Radiology (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
this job is by far the most complex job I have had so far.
Every day learning new things and expose to new ideas.
I have grown to a potential I never expected.
working with a great team.
Excellent Team work place
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 July 2018
it is a good company to work for because they do take good care of their employees. the only downside about it s not a full time job; it is seasonal.
The people you work with are nice and very helpful.
Safe place to work
Packaging Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 June 2018
Safe place to work. They take great care of their employees. Bayer has great benefits with lots of other extras that make it an enjoyable place to work at.
Worked with some great people.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2018
Learned a lot about corporate culture and that taking work home to complete is the norm partly due to staffing shortages but also expected. Unfortunately many managers are not fit for their position.
Great employer!
Coordinator, Medical Department (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2018
Bayer is a great company to work for....lots of benefits, employee oriented culture with work life balance encouraged.
I've enjoyed my years at Bayer!!
Pros
Benefits and culture
Fantastic work environment, safe and good culture
Logistics - receiver (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 April 2018
Work environment was clean, safe and inviting. The management team was good but there is always a bad apple that will spoil the environment - I was unfortunate to find that one. The "one team, one goal" vision was an easy buy in for me. I felt very secure and valuable. Good place to work.
Pros
Many free lunches and training galore, miss the fishing trips and golf tourneys.
great place to work and has learned a lot
Senior Territory Business Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Mississauga16 January 2018
I have worked in ethical sales in the pharmaceutical industry over last 35 years.I have aquired great knowledge of healthcare field and pts. care.
I can relate to any pts needs and work closely with my team.
I also work on the social services with Halton Sikh Cultural Assoc. and participate in other field such Halton Police Services, Ha;ton HealthCare and Oakville Hospital.
Raised funds over $50,000 for the Oakville Hospital
Good pay
Student (Former Employee) –  Somerset, MB11 January 2018
Sickest job ever. Made so much dough in one summer. Learn lots. Made a lot of friends. Lots of education. Expensive trips. Very Boujee Job. And very lit place to work for. fo sho.
Bayer is a best place to work for.
Talent Acquisition Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
Pros
work life balance, too many interactive fun events
Cons
located far away from home
Bayer
Logistics & Control Staff (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region4 January 2018
An excellent multinational company with very good benefits and perks for their employees. Have very hardworking people and very good and clean facility.
Work-life balance is poor - especially in the summer for field workers. However, pay rates and perks are good.
Agronomist (Current Employee) –  AB, Canada20 December 2017
The work and work hours varies greatly through the year. Winter is generally slower and devoted to preparation for the following summer and educational courses.
In the summer, hours increase dramatically with long hours spent traveling between office and sites as well as working there. 60-80 hour weeks are not uncommon. Consequently stress levels can be very high. Field work includes site selection, site preparation, seeding, weed and pest control, plant observations and harvest.
Pros
vehicle for personal use, free meals while in field
Cons
Very long hours during summer months, heavy work load.
Great contract job
Canola Seed Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 December 2017
I worked as a contract canola seed cleaning employee (Bayer CropScience). This position is great for someone who needs to make a decent amount of cash over a contract period. At my particular location there was very little to no chance of advancement OR permanent employment, which made the job somewhat frustrating for a lot of employees who dedicated many years of contract work with this company. Plenty of opportunity for overtime but it is required to work long hours and to come in when the help is needed. Great people to work with every day but the work is quite mundane and boring. A big part of their procedures were outdated and still on paper (vs. electronic).
Pros
Lots of overtime, great starting wage, great employees
Cons
Long hours, not much for work-life balance, no opportunity for advancement or permanent employment
Great Company. I was working as contractor
Specialist Planning and Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC13 November 2017
Management is well organized and understand the vision and mission. Goal setting is a priority to assure productivity and people are team players towards the goal.
Pros
Very interesting job
Cons
Job security
excellent
Area Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ON8 October 2017
I was product specialist for 3 years then area field supervisor for 4 years in marketing and sales of pharmaceutical products with excellent sales record
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal28 September 2017
Great company with great facilities where I improve myself in a professional aspect. The facilities are located in a very conflicted area about traffic that at the end it become a problem because yo make 1 - 2 hours of travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bayer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2