Bayer

Bayer Employee Reviews

Canada118 reviews
Great place except that I have contract and not any benefits : to be a seed technician you need to be a young woman or know someone with high position
While at Bayer. Was able to assist and solve client and company issues. In the last few years company policies went from employee considerations to profit and loss. Company downsizing was a result of the new policies. Working with company clients and employees was rewarding but uncertainties with job and work futures made it harder to focus on job at hand. I still found while working at Bayer, most days went home with feelings of accomplishment.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Employees asked to always push harder
Great, supportive place to work with a strong emphasis on safety and openness around near-miss scenarios in order to improve tasks and help everyone stay mindful of hazards, at work and outside of work. Supervisors were great and wanted to see the crew succeed, often spending days out in the field with us.

Quite physical with lots of walking, not very intellectually stimulating
I was there at the transition of bayer to basf and was lots of internal work that had to be done in order to do the transition. The overall expierence I though was good
Very grateful for the opportunity given to me. Stressful and demotivating not because of the workload but due to the way the unit was managed. People not qualified for the job were brought in because their relatives knew so and so. Even the (bilingual) job conditions were tailor made to accommodate and promote these persons ( whose knowledge in french language, both written and spoken, was less than basic). The new manager (who is not bilingual) recruited a bilingual agent and later on found that the agent's french was not satisfactory and other bilingual agents in the unit had to check and correct her work on a daily basis. That agent and another one who is not bilingual were offered permanent jobs while others who were more qualified had their contracts terminated. The head of the unit had such a low review but she was simply transferred to another department. The hr people could not respond to my queries. An agent who had many many years of experience as manager was denied the post because she was not bilingual but later the job was given to somebody who is not bilingual. Not a healthy environment to work in. ...........
My most enjoyable is working in different department I love it and it would made me Learn alot to be flexible is someone is absent and cover till he there
I loved working at Bayvet (division) of the Bayer company. Management were very respectful and helpful. The atmosphere was great and the people varied in personalities. My job was interesting ordering biologicals and pharmaceuticals for veterinarians. I love animals and I processed customer orders from start to completion. I found the products very interesting and learned what vets use for large and small animals in their practices.
Working at Monsanto at the time was tedious due to the nature of the work and the work atmosphere did not do a lot to alleviate that, although they tried to encourage us with nice meals and ice cream treats since it was summer.
Every day was filled with activities that challenged you both mentally and physically. The supervisors were all kind and understanding but efficient as well.
Pros
Learning new skills, work/life balance, mental/physical work
Cons
Sometimes long hours
I used to work for Bayer as a short term contractor and went to another interview for a longer contract. I would honestly say to stay away from those short term contracts - they will bring you nothing good. You'll lose precious time finding actual job while working like a slave for Bayer for measly $14/h. Mind you, this was the same salary I had with no completed education a year prior in a much smaller local lab. But according to the manager this job was perfect for a recent graduate!

On the first day they'll butter you up how they regularly hire from their short term contractors if an opening comes up - so your hopes are high and you actually have an incentive to do your job well. However, what they don't tell you is that almost everyone you see working there is on that same contract you have, which means if there is an opening in the company, almost all of your coworkers are now your competition to get the job! So good luck with that.

About the work/culture there - it really is a mixed bag. It seems like everyone is just pretending to like you, especially at the beginning. But once they figured out we were temporary everyone forgot about us. I mean, even the supervisor would never check up on us to see how it goes, we were joking with my coworkers that you might as well not show up to work and no one will notice! Additionally, if you enjoy a group of foreigners to talk in their foreign language while you and your coworker sit on the same table wondering why these adults are acting like preschool kids then maybe Bayer is the right choice for you. This type of separation
 - more...
Fast paced working environment. Opportunity for development and growth. Teamwork, open communication, fair. Health and Safety is very important. Diverse Culture.
Advisable to work at Bayer
Normal working hours a day (8hrs)

Much practical works as opposed to theory learnt in class

Great management system

Accommodates different cultures positively

No hard part of the job

Job is great on the field
everything was good. indeed makes you write reviews to every company you have worked for, i dont want to do this. I dont know what to say in 150 words.
Always positive start of day with good team & team effort gives 100% result. Good management support and guidance to subordinates development. Most enjoyed is the job task accomplishments and appreciation of hard work.
Bayer offers great benefits and a good work-life balance. Many opportunities are given to you to improve your knowledge and create connections within the industry. Absolutely nothing bad to say about the company as you are treated very well.
I liked Bayer for its work/Life balanced, very well organised, you have the options to book appointment with management to discuss your opinion.

The workplace culture is a team work, everyone from our team or others teams is willing to provide help.

Many rooms for meetings.

The subsidized kitchen is a plus
Pros
The subsidized kitchen is a plus
Cons
Some long hours not much
Tolles Internationales Unternehmen mit guten Weiterbildung Chancen
Amazing work culture and the company is very generous with including the staff in all aspects of work culture. This is a company that takes care of its employees. It is a great company to work for.
Pros
free catered lunches, good pay structure
Cons
Usually start as seasonal worker
How I wish I got a permanent job with the organization. The workplace culture is so professional and I enjoyed every single day while working with them.
Pros
everything
Cons
Bayer is an outstanding organization that is extremely ethical and cares very much about their employees. Over the years Bayer provided me with many opportunities for learning and travel.
Under going major restructure, and divestiture of brands within the Consumer Health division, due to continuously missing objectives within the Americas region.