Baycrest Employee Reviews

haotic workplace, hand washes hand politics
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  few29 January 2018
Poor management on many leves, advancement only possible if you kiss you know what big time...jobs are given out to those how can suck up. Poorly managed place, some managers don't even have bachelor degree...some staff should be fired long time ago, lots of gossip, low job morals, and bad attitude.
People's wishes and needs are brushed off, each year that place is doing more cuts and the clients are the ones who are paying for it with lower quality of care ( less staff, cheaper food, less services). That place is going downhill. It used to be reputable place to look up to, now it's all about deceiving public how great Baycrest is ,where in reality it's not. Baycrest keep cutting jobs and stripping itself to bare bones while the CEO and higher management keep their salaries very high- needles I say CEO of Baycrest used to make the most earnings our of all hospitals in Ontario?- but wait- Baycrest is non for profit organization, right? hmmm - think twice. Baycrest is all about making money.
benefits
Cons
low quality of services on all levels
yes a little bit
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2017
the only problem i know is existing on this company is a un stable management , always changing people they can't find right person to fill the job, and the current union is not open to the concern of worker they are more on management side
Pros
sometimes
Cons
not at all
Productive work place, with a lot of team work.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
I enjoy my job very much and I am also proud to be on staff. We all work together to achieve the maximum benefits for our residents and their families.
Pros
I like the togetherness with my co workers, we are a family.
Cons
There are no cons I could think of right now.
Great work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
Pros
Great work environment with a wonderful team. Management is understanding, helpful, and encouraging. I am currently in a nursing program and during my time at Baycrest each staff member has gone above and beyond to further my education and experience. Although I'm part time I receive plenty of work hours, so long as you make yourself available. Above all else, it's a rewarding job that allows you to help others!
Cons
Not every staff member is as enthusiastic about there job as others, and that sometimes reflects in teamwork and communication. That being said, you would find that in every position or career.
Incredible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 July 2016
My time at Baycrest was incredibly rewarding. I managed to work with a highly professional, caring and hard working team/ As a unit clerk/medical receptionist, we always worked together in high amount focus and managed to deliver the best possible service to our patients. Well done!
Pros
Amazing Patient's
Cons
None.
RPN (Current Employee) –  Baycrest17 January 2016
I have worked at a few hospitals and Baycrest is a special place for employees and the clients. A typical work day is very demanding and there are lots of expectations, but I find this is similar in any hospital I have worked at. Great co-workers and a supportive manager go a long way. I have been through a lot of change throughout my years in healthcare and I bet there is a lot of change that will continue to happen. I don't think healthcare is suited for people who have a hard time with change.
Pros
co-workers, nurse manager, and dental benefits
Cons
senior employees with bad attitudes
Toxic work environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Baycrest25 March 2015
Very dysfunctional place. Tons of turnover. Lack of team work, manager is clueless. Agree with the previous poster... Triple the work load if you are afraid to speak up or if you do, colleagues turn on you and add to your workload. HR is a mess, clueless and high turnover in their own department. Promotion and advancement to those who know people, not through qualifications. Toxic work environment
Cons
Long hours, poor management, lack of team work
Excellent Learning
Student Nurse, Acute and Complex Care Unit (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 May 2014
What I appreciate and enjoyed most about Baycrest was the supportive learning environment where my peers and I had access to updated technological equipment, meditech training and a variety of new utility supplies that helped us help our patients confidently.

The nurses at Baycrest were experienced, helpful and had faith in our abilities as student which help us grow in our confidence
Pros
caring, respectful envrnoment
Cons
Horrible place to work - run the other way
management (Former Employee) –  management6 March 2013
Inept senior management all fearing for their jobs, backstabbing co-workers, dead wood employees that have kept their jobs thru politics not performance, useless IT department, triple work loads of those too afraid to speak up, in-fighting at senior management level, very low pay.....do yourself a favour and run the other way from this dysfunctional and highly political workplace
Pros
they allow pet therapy dogs
Cons
everything else
Unhappy work place.
Executive Support to Ombudsperson (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2012
Lousy management and politics.
Excellent people that work there for some terrible managers.