Baycrest

Baycrest Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Great place to work if management are Good to you. The problem is management are never on the same page ( supervisior and manger) EllisDon wants the key to the building and lies to working and pretends about involvement.. they cut out overtime and gave jobs to contractors.
Good place to get good training for geriatric care. Good team work and respect for co workers. Get good pay. The hardest part of the job is when you work for dementia floor and residents can be physically aggressive at times.
At the start of the shift, we prepare the things needed by seniors to complete their art. Then we go fetch clients that are enrolled in the program and help them with their art masterpiece.
For mission driven people that are looking to make a real difference in older adults lives this is the place to work. Baycrest feels more like a family than workplace.
Great people, large and bright facility, top employer for people under 30.

More volunteers than patients!!!
Pros
Many
Cons
Very few
It was a great experience for me to expand my knowledge and give me an opportunity working with the management team, with the good workplace cultural and be treated with respect and kindness and safe environment.
the only problem i know is existing on this company is a un stable management , always changing people they can't find right person to fill the job, and the current union is not open to the concern of worker they are more on management side
Pros
sometimes
Cons
not at all
I enjoy my job very much and I am also proud to be on staff. We all work together to achieve the maximum benefits for our residents and their families.
Pros
I like the togetherness with my co workers, we are a family.
Cons
There are no cons I could think of right now.
Pros
Great work environment with a wonderful team. Management is understanding, helpful, and encouraging. I am currently in a nursing program and during my time at Baycrest each staff member has gone above and beyond to further my education and experience. Although I'm part time I receive plenty of work hours, so long as you make yourself available. Above all else, it's a rewarding job that allows you to help others!

Cons

Not every staff member is as enthusiastic about there job as others, and that sometimes reflects in teamwork and communication. That being said, you would find that in every position or career.
My time at Baycrest was incredibly rewarding. I managed to work with a highly professional, caring and hard working team/ As a unit clerk/medical receptionist, we always worked together in high amount focus and managed to deliver the best possible service to our patients. Well done!
Pros
Amazing Patient's
Cons
None.
What I appreciate and enjoyed most about Baycrest was the supportive learning environment where my peers and I had access to updated technological equipment, meditech training and a variety of new utility supplies that helped us help our patients confidently.

The nurses at Baycrest were experienced, helpful and had faith in our abilities as student which help us grow in our confidence
Pros
caring, respectful envrnoment
Cons
Inept senior management all fearing for their jobs, backstabbing co-workers, dead wood employees that have kept their jobs thru politics not performance, useless IT department, triple work loads of those too afraid to speak up, in-fighting at senior management level, very low pay.....do yourself a favour and run the other way from this dysfunctional and highly political workplace
Pros
they allow pet therapy dogs
Cons
everything else
Lousy management and politics.
Excellent people that work there for some terrible managers.