Baxter Healthcare Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 2,289 reviews
Information Technology Intern (Summer) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2019
Welcoming and inclusive environment with plenty of benefits and opportunities to advance. All my colleagues were respectful and understanding given my inexperience and tried their best to support me.
Baxter is NOT the best workplace anymore!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2019
Baxter CIVA Mississauga
The work itself is nice. The production teams are really good but the management and production system so poor.

It’s nice to know that your work actually could save lives but the way the manage the production makes workers hate to go to work. The management team have no clue on what they are doing. They are trying to solve problems by doing trial and error. They keep on changing SOP. Sometimes they change it and even forget to tell all employees. So , some people doing one thing, then another one doing another thing. They don’t know how the production flow goes and doesn’t communicate with each other. They keep on complicating stuff that produce no effectiveness and efficiency.

Supervisors cannot even do proper schedule. They keep on copying and pasting it, and team leaders need to change it everyday. They will also post shift schedule last minute Friday for next week Monday. They are so busy thinking how they can impress the big bosses and ignore the workers good ideas. Their ideas are to overwhelm workers with mandatory overtime so the production can be on time. They don’t know the workload that’s why it’s easy for them to decide. They don’t care if you have kids or family. No work balance at all. They want you to basically wake up, go to work, work like slave, go home, and sleep. Then, they will mess up the computation of your pay. They will make you feel desperate for the pay you actually work hard for.

If you are planning to work in this company prepare yourself to be mentally, physically, and emotionally be drained, have neck, back,
  more... shoulder and hand injuries, and become a slave. Whatever they say you need to follow.  less
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
Mandatory overtime, poor management, stressful production, system, no growth opportunity, bias promotion (if they like you personally they promote you), no proper rotation with tasks, schedule is poorly made, overwhelming workload
environment
assistant (Former Employee) –  creditview16 February 2019
toxic place with very poor management.with no business ethic
no advancement. unless you know management
good pension
good product
employee turnover high
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Very poor management and toxic environment in Mississauga office
Sales/management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2018
Be very wary! This is a toxic and backstabbing environment. Fear-based management and no ability to move forward in your career at this company unless you lie your way to the top. HR the worst I’ve ever experienced - fake promises that never materialize and will never support employees! Some managers are good - wait - they fire the good ones and leave the parasitic ones to throw everyone else under the bus. Glad to be gone! Investigate as much as you possibly can prior to accepting a position at Baxter. Asking some employees or ex employees for their opinions on their roles, the state of the company and the future direction/strategy of their division may save you heartache in the future.
Pros
Salary and benefits were appropriate
Cons
Spending days fearful of (and actually) being wrongfully blamed for management’s bad decisions
Good Benefits BAD Management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2018
Good Benefits and co-workers are good team overall. However management (teamlead; supervisors; manager) have no idea about production SOPs get change on a weekly basis. Promotions and election of key personnel are base on Godfather system actual qualifications and relative experience are not considered. Teams Leads are lazy and does not want to do other jobs. Management focuses on your mistakes and what supervisors told them employees have no voice.
Supervisors are focus on getting production done and no consideration on their workers (work life balance, injuries and suggestions). They are solely dependent on teamleads to make decisions and feedbacks.
management
Management (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON30 July 2018
The company itself is an excellent company, good pay and benefits.

I enjoyed my position at Baxter Alliston , but the management team in the Alliston location are old school and stuck in the 1980's. Most of the managers have only worked at Baxter and have no experience outside of Baxter, Try to move the policies and procedures or any change to a modern style wont happen.

In the interview they speak about how they want to move forward and make the changes necessary.

Its a lie

I found it extremely frustrating and for the management who had worked in a well structured plant in the past, were also frustrated.

The HR department are unprofessional and do as they are told. No leadership or assistance to employee's, any issues between the staff and management, the HR department does not try to help resolve the issue, and discipline the employee.

I believe with a new set of managers who have more work experience outside of Baxter will make this facility a great place to work. until this happens I would not recommend this place to anyone I know.

Yes I have moved on to a new company with a lower salery and it was great decision I made to leave, and I am not being negative because I left, I want to help save people the frustrations that I encountered.

again great Company, and with a management change, it could be a great place to work.

I hope this helps.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Cons
management
Company ok overall but management is the worse
Office (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2018
PROS
-Work from home allowed since it's governed by Global HR (keep in mind your manager will not like it and will look for every chance to take it away)
-Salary seems higher than average compared to the rest of industry
-Benefits are excellent

CONS
-Management in every department is questionable; definitely all about politics and not about the employees
-HR is a joke here so don't even bother complaining
-Overall culture feels like a prison sentence - I'm glad I moved on

Overall - OK for a few years to get experience, looks good on your resume etc but don't stay too long or you will become depressed
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Management, Hr, Culture
Production Clerk
Production Clerk (contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2017
Pretty good culture not a bad place to work. Plenty of opportunities to move around in the company. Might be required to work extra hours sometimes but overall decent work life balance
Recent restructuring. No job security.
Analytics (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2015
Recent restructuring occurred in the fall of 2015 with almost 10% reduction in headcount. No job security. Low morale. The company has lost/spin off its hemo business. What's left with Baxter now is not as quite profitable as the hemo business. Therefore, future profit is cloudy and fierce competition from the medical device industry as a whole.
Pros
Good pay. Comparable benefits to other healthcare companies.
Cons
Job security. Medical device business is not growing. Profit is slim.
Serious but fun culture
Capital Operations/Continuous Improvement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2015
Great company - good place to work. Good people. Good location. Good managers. Good benefits.

I have really enjoyed my time at Baxter - gives opportunities to women and men of all ages and experience levels.
Nice place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario16 June 2015
The culture is a little behind the times but still a good place to be. Good benefits and pension plan. Not sure about management team
Pros
Great medical and dental benefits, pension plan
Cons
A little slow paced
good benefit plan but no job advancement
Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2015
Good place to work but no job security or job advancement opportunity.

Compartive benefit package

Lack on regional power & mostly depend on HO

Lately no team building activity
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
lots of turn over
Nice Company to work for
Senior Reporting Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga9 December 2014
Nice growth opportunities and lots to learn. Excellent benefits.
A fast paced environment but fun place to work and learn.
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont21 October 2013
A wonderful place to work where every body is so warm, friendly and helping. When a new member is on board, every body ensures the new member is comfortable and becomes part of the working group in very short time. The management is flexible and encourages innovation and open to the new ideas and smarter way of doing things.
Co-workers are great and every body follows the company values and vision.
The company had good benfits and perks and fun activites are arranged number of times through out the year.
The company has a very fast paced environment therefore one has to be very focsued on meeting deadlines and other challenges.
Personally I have learned a lot and has made lot of friends and build relationships with my customers.
I have trully enjoyed working with the company and will always wish them the best.
Pros
Good Benefits, Company shares and free lunches
Cons
Long hours and work life balance
fun workplace
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 October 2012
Good management , friendly atmosphere , team work and productivity
Pros
paid lunch