Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 62 reviews matching the search See all 1,911 reviews
environment
assistant (Former Employee) –  creditview16 February 2019
toxic place with very poor management.with no business ethic
no advancement. unless you know management
good pension
good product
employee turnover high
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
management
Management (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON30 July 2018
The company itself is an excellent company, good pay and benefits.

I enjoyed my position at Baxter Alliston , but the management team in the Alliston location are old school and stuck in the 1980's. Most of the managers have only worked at Baxter and have no experience outside of Baxter, Try to move the policies and procedures or any change to a modern style wont happen.

In the interview they speak about how they want to move forward and make the changes necessary.

Its a lie

I found it extremely frustrating and for the management who had worked in a well structured plant in the past, were also frustrated.

The HR department are unprofessional and do as they are told. No leadership or assistance to employee's, any issues between the staff and management, the HR department does not try to help resolve the issue, and discipline the employee.

I believe with a new set of managers who have more work experience outside of Baxter will make this facility a great place to work. until this happens I would not recommend this place to anyone I know.

Yes I have moved on to a new company with a lower salery and it was great decision I made to leave, and I am not being negative because I left, I want to help save people the frustrations that I encountered.

again great Company, and with a management change, it could be a great place to work.

I hope this helps.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Cons
management
Company ok overall but management is the worse
Office (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2018
PROS
-Work from home allowed since it's governed by Global HR (keep in mind your manager will not like it and will look for every chance to take it away)
-Salary seems higher than average compared to the rest of industry
-Benefits are excellent

CONS
-Management in every department is questionable; definitely all about politics and not about the employees
-HR is a joke here so don't even bother complaining
-Overall culture feels like a prison sentence - I'm glad I moved on

Overall - OK for a few years to get experience, looks good on your resume etc but don't stay too long or you will become depressed
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Management, Hr, Culture
great company, improving job security
Sales Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
great company, improving job security. Great culture and support to grow.
Quite a bit of restructuring in the past but working towards improving job security and structure
Great workplace, exciting and diverse product portfolio. Opportunities for growth and development.
Project Manager, Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada15 October 2018
Baxter has a very professional work environment with a diverse and interesting product portfolio. The management is very experienced and cooperative and provides opportunities for professional growth and development.
Overall, it is a great place to work at.
Stressfull environment and bad culture.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2018
This place is a good company before 12 years ago they care with their employees and hire based credentials and experience. If you’re looking for a high stress, high political mentality (not what you know but who you know mentality). This is the place to go. I work for 16 years at Baxter CIVA. You have a Manager that curse a lot in front of people and does not know anything about production but what is fed to him. Supervisors have their agenda and high favoritism based on a friend network. Team leads don’t want to work on all areas but just work on areas that are easy and sitting down job. Every month their are people either leaving or let go. If you suggest and speak the truth in anyway they purge you and look at all you movements. Sad sad place I pity my co-workers that are still there because they cannot fine any work outside. Lastly, this is run by inexperience management/quality/friendster network.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Stressful environment, management don’t have a heart.
If you ever get sick dont use a Baxter IV
Maintenance Supervisor/Planner & Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON18 January 2019
Worst Maintenance Manager that you have ever worked for. He cuts corners and he is made of Teflon. Should have been removed along time ago when he first started.
Stressful environment with kind people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2019
Not a great place to work if you are looking for something long term. Turnover rate is very high. Workload is unrealistic for one person. No clear vision of what needs to be accomplished.
Lots of cut backs and always more work load at end of day
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON24 January 2019
Always more work to be and not enough time or employees to do the work, lots of cut backs. Used to be a fun place to work and you went home at the end of the day feeling like you had made a difference in peoples lives by being able to complete your job/daily tasks.
Exellent place to work and grow.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2018
In comparing all the companies for pharmacy profesionals baxter is the best. Great place,exellent people and good managemen (CIVA Pharmacy, MISSISSAUGA).
Cons
Very toxic environment in most divisions
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2018
Managers rule through fear-based “motivation”. It doesn’t work. Great people leave and abysmal and uneducated managers stay. Stagnant and depressing work dealing with ++ customer complaints.
Pros
Pay is good but not worth the misery they put you through.
Cons
Everything else.
:Productive
Third Class Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON14 November 2018
Good place to work. Fast paced. Good people. Great job diversity. Learned many new skills. High level of Responsibility and accountability. Training could be improved upon
not the place for me anymore
Materail handler (Current Employee) –  baxter health care13 November 2018
use to be a great place to work in the day. Now they are hiring people whom are over qualified and no nothing about the business. Children go to school no days to become great thing not pay big bucks to work as a general labourer.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
unless you have a degree they going to get rid of you some how
agreable
Etudiant (Former Employee) –  etudiant25 October 2018
journée compliqué et pas assez d'aide par le début
Management changes spell disaster
ANALYTICAL CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON3 September 2018
Facility cleaned house and dismissed of valuable managers and employees that had years of experience to hire new younger and cheaper help.

They used to have a family environment where you knew most people. This was a good time for this company.
I enjoyed working there during this period.
Organization dedicated to service at large various medical fields
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC14 August 2018
Interesting place to work and grow professionally: striving to facilitate clients operations at all levels and making sure colleagues are exposed to new techniques while having a balanced personal life.
Productive place to work with
Pharmacy Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2018
The company requires multi-tasking job. In 24 years at Baxter I have learned to update my technical skills such as microsoft and utilizing the new systems such as JDE, Kronos and Merlin. The management stays on top of the job and always open for discussion as needed. The workplace is diverse and welcoming. The hardest part of the job is satisfying a frustrated customer but after resolving their concern is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Time flexibility
no comment
Contract Administrator and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2018
GREAT company
GREAT people
Great learning opportunities
Professional
*had a bully for a boss. Loss 15 people in 4 years
*reported to HR. Received retaliation. No action was taken by upper mgmt
A fast paced environment but fun place to work and learn.
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont21 October 2013
A wonderful place to work where every body is so warm, friendly and helping. When a new member is on board, every body ensures the new member is comfortable and becomes part of the working group in very short time. The management is flexible and encourages innovation and open to the new ideas and smarter way of doing things.
Co-workers are great and every body follows the company values and vision.
The company had good benfits and perks and fun activites are arranged number of times through out the year.
The company has a very fast paced environment therefore one has to be very focsued on meeting deadlines and other challenges.
Personally I have learned a lot and has made lot of friends and build relationships with my customers.
I have trully enjoyed working with the company and will always wish them the best.
Pros
Good Benefits, Company shares and free lunches
Cons
Long hours and work life balance
good benefit plan but no job advancement
Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2015
Good place to work but no job security or job advancement opportunity.

Compartive benefit package

Lack on regional power & mostly depend on HO

Lately no team building activity
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
lots of turn over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baxter Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.