Baxter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 1,799 reviews
Exellent place to work and grow.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2018
In comparing all the companies for pharmacy profesionals baxter is the best. Great place,exellent people and good managemen (CIVA Pharmacy, MISSISSAUGA).
Cons
not the place for me anymore
Materail handler (Current Employee) –  baxter health care13 November 2018
use to be a great place to work in the day. Now they are hiring people whom are over qualified and no nothing about the business. Children go to school no days to become great thing not pay big bucks to work as a general labourer.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
unless you have a degree they going to get rid of you some how
Very toxic environment in most divisions
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2018
Managers rule through fear-based “motivation”. It doesn’t work. Great people leave and abysmal and uneducated managers stay. Stagnant and depressing work dealing with ++ customer complaints.
Pros
Pay is good but not worth the misery they put you through.
Cons
Everything else.
agreable
Etudiant (Former Employee) –  etudiant25 October 2018
journée compliqué et pas assez d'aide par le début
Great workplace, exciting and diverse product portfolio. Opportunities for growth and development.
Project Manager, Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada15 October 2018
Baxter has a very professional work environment with a diverse and interesting product portfolio. The management is very experienced and cooperative and provides opportunities for professional growth and development.
Overall, it is a great place to work at.
great company, improving job security
Sales Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
great company, improving job security. Great culture and support to grow.
Quite a bit of restructuring in the past but working towards improving job security and structure
Management changes spell disaster
ANALYTICAL CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON3 September 2018
Facility cleaned house and dismissed of valuable managers and employees that had years of experience to hire new younger and cheaper help.

They used to have a family environment where you knew most people. This was a good time for this company.
I enjoyed working there during this period.
Organization dedicated to service at large various medical fields
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC14 August 2018
Interesting place to work and grow professionally: striving to facilitate clients operations at all levels and making sure colleagues are exposed to new techniques while having a balanced personal life.
management
Management (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON30 July 2018
The company itself is an excellent company, good pay and benefits.

I enjoyed my position at Baxter Alliston , but the management team in the Alliston location are old school and stuck in the 1980's. Most of the managers have only worked at Baxter and have no experience outside of Baxter, Try to move the policies and procedures or any change to a modern style wont happen.

In the interview they speak about how they want to move forward and make the changes necessary.

Its a lie

I found it extremely frustrating and for the management who had worked in a well structured plant in the past, were also frustrated.

The HR department are unprofessional and do as they are told. No leadership or assistance to employee's, any issues between the staff and management, the HR department does not try to help resolve the issue, and discipline the employee.

I believe with a new set of managers who have more work experience outside of Baxter will make this facility a great place to work. until this happens I would not recommend this place to anyone I know.

Yes I have moved on to a new company with a lower salery and it was great decision I made to leave, and I am not being negative because I left, I want to help save people the frustrations that I encountered.

again great Company, and with a management change, it could be a great place to work.

I hope this helps.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Cons
management
Company ok overall but management is the worse
Office (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2018
PROS
-Work from home allowed since it's governed by Global HR (keep in mind your manager will not like it and will look for every chance to take it away)
-Salary seems higher than average compared to the rest of industry
-Benefits are excellent

CONS
-Management in every department is questionable; definitely all about politics and not about the employees
-HR is a joke here so don't even bother complaining
-Overall culture feels like a prison sentence - I'm glad I moved on

Overall - OK for a few years to get experience, looks good on your resume etc but don't stay too long or you will become depressed
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Management, Hr, Culture

Want to know more about Baxter Healthcare?

Ask a question
no comment
Contract Administrator and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2018
GREAT company
GREAT people
Great learning opportunities
Professional
*had a bully for a boss. Loss 15 people in 4 years
*reported to HR. Received retaliation. No action was taken by upper mgmt
Great atmosphere
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON8 May 2018
Grate place of employment. Great team environment.
Fast paced, environment.
Very sanitary environment due to the nature of the job.
Never really minded midnight shift. But some nights they were long.

Willing and able to train all employees on all production machinery.

Quality Assurance / Material Handler Inspector/ Machine Operator

Enjoyed having many other duties besides general labourer.
Pros
Fun lunch hour activities
Cons
Long midnight shifts
Overall Good
Bilingual Renal Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2018
Pros: Great company and you get a laptop on your first day so that you can work from home.

Cons; In my department sometimes the focus was given to the number of calls answered and not serving the client.

In theory that is what I learned in the training but the Team Leads were not of that opinion and all they cared about was the number of calls answered.
Productive place to work with
Pharmacy Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2018
The company requires multi-tasking job. In 24 years at Baxter I have learned to update my technical skills such as microsoft and utilizing the new systems such as JDE, Kronos and Merlin. The management stays on top of the job and always open for discussion as needed. The workplace is diverse and welcoming. The hardest part of the job is satisfying a frustrated customer but after resolving their concern is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Time flexibility
A typical day at work
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 February 2018
A day at Baxter means a day of productivity and enrichment. You get to communicate with individuals who are suffering on a daily basis and play a key role in helping their day get better.
Pros
Friday Potluck
Cons
Lack of communication among managers and team members
Bonne compagnie
Conducteur de camion (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC9 November 2017
Jai bien aimé mon expérience ,il nous traite bien ont est payé 30 minutes par jour pour faire de l'exercice et ainsi nous aider a garder la forme.
Work Life Balance Needs Assessment
Customer Care Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2017
Baxter is a great company to work for however it needs to revaluate the leadership in training new workers. It also needs to put focus on managerial empathy towards workers.
Pros
Working From Home
Cons
Lack of Leadership in Training, Work/ Life Balances needs revisiting
Productive, good working environment & fun place
Technical Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2017
In house work environment, great learning opportunity. Closely work with the management team. Sometimes has to work long hours & feel proud to accomplish work well before the deadline.
Production Clerk
Production Clerk (contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2017
Pretty good culture not a bad place to work. Plenty of opportunities to move around in the company. Might be required to work extra hours sometimes but overall decent work life balance
A fun place to work
Industry Pharmacy Resident (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2017
Management gives you good training. There is lots of different types of work here, never a boring day. Culture is friendly and relaxed. I would come back if I lived closer
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baxter Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.