Battlefield Equipment Rentals

Battlefield Equipment Rentals Employee Reviews

Canada69 reviews
I started on a seasonal contract in the Barrie and Bradford branch and the atmosphere was great, the managers were understanding and essentially ran the branch with the staff in mind at all times! After my contract had expired not a single person had moved on or left (approx 8 months) so there was no room for me there. I opted to transfer to the brampton branch where I found the worst manager I had ever dealt with in my life. He spent his days screaming at people for minor issues and chasing down staff who were on their breaks and tearing them a new one. Unfortunately his twin brother controls one of the largest clients the company has so he has his position simply duee to politics and bottom lines. I would recommend that people work anywhere but the brampton branch!
Challenging place to work if you do not have 15 years plus at the company. I found there is a lot of favoritism. If you are a tech or construction is your field, definitely the place for you
Save yourself a lot of headaches heartaches and money lost. This company will promise you the world and give you nothing. I had to use my own truck for a service truck I had to use my own phone for a company phone and I had to use my own laptop for a company laptop. All with zero reimbursement. The branch manager doesn't know the difference between a socket and a wrench and the front office lady doesn't know her head from a hole in the ground
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Too many to list
This company is unorganized unprofessional and management only takes care of themselves as long as they get there bonuses there happy if they have to spend any time or money fixing things they complain and there always trying to take shortcuts and are constantly giving workers more work then they can handle as well as jobs or work they shouldn't even be required to do but anything to save a dollar there If you want a real job that you can advance at battleisnt the place
A typical day at work was very hot, and lasted 10 hours. 7-5
I learned how to assist customers in need of product

Management is good. As long as you do your job, you will be treated good.

The workplace itself is good, some of the guys can be a bit much though.

The hardest part of the job is the continuous heavy lifting, and the deathly heat.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the new work experience I acquired.
0 training , you learn what YOU want , the place is filled with snakes in the grass unless you get into the "boys club "

If you look the wrong way they will right you up & if you stand up for yourself......your days are numbered. They will find a away to get rid of you
Pros
free rentals on small equipment
Cons
long hrs with no respect, 20 cents a year raise
Good place to work if you are younger,very demanding due to the nature of the business,finding places incorrect addresses,difficult job sites to access with a large vehicle,dangerous at times if you were not careful,fair pay good benefits and profit sharing,etc
Pros
free rentals on small equipment half rate on big stuff
Cons
they keep their trucks way to long ie 13 14 years
If you like fast paced work and like working with heavy machines this job might be for you. The co-workers were ok. But management was a nightmare. Overall it was ok
The Job: It is not an easy place to learn, since the fast paced environment and lack of training make it difficult. As a rental industry, the main priority is getting equipment on trucks to customers. High quality work is not valued. Fixing equipment can also be difficult unless you are a quick self learner, since there is a very large variety of types of equipment. Most people who start, spend a lot of time unloading customers, or counting propane tanks or looking for buckets. You will not spend a lot of time fixing equipment.

If you are promised an apprenticeship, you will not get signed up unless you push for it. Even if you get signed up, management usually does not help with paper work or setting up your school portions. You WILL be expected to work 11-12 hours a day. Pay is at the lowest. Coming from another job, I took a $1 pay loss but i was promised a raise when I got signed up as an apprentice but I never got it. The company SOMETIMES gives yearly raises but they only give about 40 cents/hour a year. During your annual review they will tell you that you are lucky to have a job and that you are already over paid if you complain about money.

The Company: You literally are a number in this company. If you like to be unsafe or enjoy the lack of proper ventilation, then this is the job for you. Every year you are promised a hi-vis jacket but they do not show up until after winter has ended. It is very important to note that SAFETY is NOT important in this company, especially if it will cost any money at all. they are concerned about silly safety practices that only
 - more...
Battlefield Sudbury is hands down the worst company to work for! Management is absolutely terrible! They treat you unfairly and you are just a number, they show no care for any of their employees!

If you want something you might have to ask 10 times and wait 3 months and you still won’t get it. Get asked to work overtime and you can’t, the service manager will tell you that you have no choice and when you don’t show up cause you said you can’t you will still get in trouble! This place is highly unrecommended they pay very low for the amount of work they expect you to do!!

They never appreciate anything you do but as soon as there is a small mess up they are quick to get mad and blame you. Save yourself the hassle and don’t bother with them. There is a reason everyone in the shop had less the 2 year signority. Extremely high turn over rate!
Typical day at work was to bus your butt off well management sat around , if you were there for a long time you got away with whatever you wanted to do.
A typcal day of work was from 9-11:30am. Basically worked with licrensed mechanics. When not with the mechanics did some clean up jobs, put tools away for the mechanics to save them time. Management was very easy to get along with too.
Pros
hands on training with licensed mechanics
Cons
co op therefore was not paid just there for the learning experience
I have been with the company for 33 years.. there is room for advancement if you want it...I started in the wash bay and advanced to small engine repair, heater repair, equipment painter , heavy equipment mechanic , fleet truck mechanic and now shop foreman. the company sent me for the licences and training I needed along the way . It has been a great place to work with a good group of coworkers. the wages have been good and have never been laid off for lack of work. like any place there are good days and bad but the good days out way the bad
typical work day is for out going people, days fly by, learn many thing everyday. superior management! good employee coverage, great people. never a dull moment
I have been here thirty years
Speaks for itself

Becomes like family

Even though we are a large company

I am always treated fairly

And Love what i do
Stable company with proven record. Finally a place were the work you put forth gets noticed and advancement is true. Days can be hectic but makes it fun.
Not too bad but forced into a large pay cut just to be able to transfer to another division after relocating out of the GTA Did like co-workers and most day to day responsibilities.
The rental business is unique. its fast paced but very interesting and you get to meet lots of people.
dealing with renting equipment is also fulfilling as you get to help your customers get their job done.
Learning about equipment for many different applications is quite interesting and training is often provided throughout the year for new introductions to the fleet. Support is always available when looking for help and most importantly there is great flexibility in empowering an individual to make well thought out decisions. Compensation is decent , benefits could use a little tweaking but overall are not bad. Quite possibly the best job I ever had as I have worked in a handful of significantly different fields.
Working at Battlefield is the best job I have ever had! I came here with minimum knowledge on much really and weeks later I would say I never knew I could learn this much this quick. all you need to succeed here is a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. The staff is very friendly and make work fun and positive, management is on top of things and very helpful, the front desk staff are welcoming and if you were to ask anyone for help or advice on how to fix something they are happy to help! This is the best job I have ever had!
Pros
Helpful staff, postive eniviroment, highly educational
Cons
very little to none really, exepect for sometimes working in the yard it can get cold in the winter.
worked for Battlefield for over 8 years, and still enjoying my job,
great place to work and with lots of great people.

it is a fast paced, overtime available, with a strong team culture.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Battlefield Equipment Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.