Baton Rouge Employee Reviews

Great Experience!!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2016
I enjoyed collaborating with my peers, it was intense, great, I learned a lot, and I was always happy! Tips: don't expect too little and don't expect a lot
Pros
Free lunches, great employees, fun environnt
Cons
Long hours, understandable salary
Great Place to work great environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
I would start in the morning setting up for the lunch rush at around 12. After that i would go on break for lunch then come back around 15 minuets later. Work until 4 then break until 5. I would come back start at 5 the set up for dinner rush from 6-9. Finally i would clean up and close the kitchen for the night.
Pros
Free meal on every shift
my co-workers
server/hostess (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 March 2016
my co workers where the definition of team work. there wasn't anything we did without each other, they can count of me just as much as i could count on them.
fun place to work nice employees
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 February 2016
great environment to work in. the customers are very friendly, management is great, the food in this restaurant is also delicious.It was a good experience working in this restaurant
Pros
discounts
Friendly, busy working enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 January 2016
A typical day at work was good, sometimes long however I never minded. I learned a lot about how a restaurant is run and this place really showed me the how to's to what happens behind the scenes. management was sometimes tough but very friendly people. Co-workers become good friends very quickly. hardest part of the jobo was having to do something and rush to do the next. Despite the amount of workers you constantly had to find a way to rush what you were doing to move on to the next. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to everyone and learning new communucation skills with Co-workers and guests. I moved on because I wanted to explore new options.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Rushed
Awesome location to work at.
Service Bartender (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON14 January 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with, the atmosphere, the people you meet.

Hardest part of the job is the stress you endure as you work, such as longer than usual working hours.
Pros
Free food for each shift.
Not cared for
server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2015
As soon as I started, I got the general feeling that my place as a server there was not really valued. They will schedule you as they please. Often there are split shifts where we got 3-4 hour breaks and then were expected to come back to work. Scheduling was also very ineffective, sometimes there would be 5 servers too many on the floor, and management would cut some of us before our shifts were even over. They were fairly flexible though if you asked. If you wanted some time off, generally they were good about giving you the time off.

Also for the non-server/bartender positions, fellow employees would not recieve tip out for the first three months. This is the first place I have seen this, and there was a lot of animosity for it. Managers take 3.5% of your tip, and they used a portion of that amount to cover work place expenses. We were all also expected to buy our uniforms, running in around $100 each, which is unfair considering none of us are paid very well.

I got the sense that I was expendable while working there, and it felt like management expected us to just roll with whatever they threw our way. As people, the managers were nice, but they were ignorant about a lot of things. That being said, the team was really great. The servers are fun and very helpful, and I made some great friends working there.
Pros
free food, cool team mates, accommodating schedule
Cons
ineffective scheduling, low pay, undervalued workers, scattered management
Great Job
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Yonge St. & Sheppard25 October 2015
I loved working here, FOH & BOH are both amazing, great employers that work with you. Pay well, flexible and willing with scheduling and there is definitely growth here.
br boisbriand
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC24 July 2015
great hours, great team, interesting atmosphere,great food simple structured job, typical restaurant job where making the most money over the needs of employees is a possibility
Fun place to work with good co workers and managers
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON27 May 2015
- Environment was very good
- Very flexible for students that were in school while working
- Learned how to think on the spot
- Learned to work in a fast paced environment
- co workers were very friendly and helpful
- typical day at work would be, mixing and serving drinks, and interacting with customers.
Pros
Good environment and co workers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  scarborough13 May 2015
always busy
lovely environment
strong team work
helping the servers at the back office when i dont have much work in the front office
Pros
lovely location
Cons
long hours - but i still love it
À
Consultant (Travailleur autonome) (Former Employee) –  Montréal6 April 2015
Depuis plusieurs années le concept de resto bar amène une clientèle des plus fidèles, mais
Too stressful
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON1 March 2015
I personally found that the environment was great with amazing people however it was way too stressful. Also very demanding trying to make a student work 5 days a week. Didn't mind the fast pace however I was consistently being pressured.
Productive workplace with amazing employees
Service bartender (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 February 2015
When I begin my work day, I must clean all the dishes that have been washed throughout the day. I am also required to ensure that the bar is stocked with fruit, straws, utensils, wine, and alcohol. Once everything is prepped in the bar, I ensure that the desserts are prepared. I then start receiving orders for drinks and desserts and garnish all the plates and drinks. While I attend to orders, I also make sure that the bar remains clean by wiping down all surfaces and restocking the bar.
The managers that run the restaurant make my work day a lot easier. The managers ensure that the work is being done and as long as work is getting done, they make the work day very fun and relaxed. During the dinner rush, situations can get very stressful and employees can be put under a lot of pressure and when the management is supportive and motivating, it makes stressful situations a lot easier to deal with.
Warm and welcoming environment with many opportunities to grow
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toronto Ont.3 February 2015
Being a hostess at Baton Rouge is definitely a rewarding job. I am the first impression on every customer that walks into our restaurant. I am expected to greet them with a smile and set them at ease. I provide menus, and seating according to what tables we have available and how many guests are dining. I am expected to always be aware of new customers, what tables are clean and what servers need tables. I take care of reservations, customer phone calls, and help ensure that each customer is happy and dining in a clean environment. If necessary I will also take initiative to run food, clear tables and manage debit/credit transactions.
I do not ever dread going to work. The management is extremely friendly and understanding of whatever issues you are having. They have created a family like environment where each and every person gets along amazingly. Even while working, there is always a little time to joke around and help keep employees upbeat.
I would definitely recommend this job to someone who has trouble socializing. It forces you to put yourself out there and in turn you develop techniques in regards to speaking to others. It helps you become more comfortable around people who you are not familiar with. As well as strengthening your people skills it will teach your mind to always be aware of your surroundings.
Fun place to work and great co-workers
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2015
I enjoy working at Baton Rouge because there so many different food that I can make and everyday is a new challenge. I enjoy working with colleagues, I like to help them out and the management is really great. The management always meet my needs and they appreciate the hard work that I display.
Pros
Great Management and Environment
busy
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 December 2014
it was busy and tired everytime, especially the weekends, it was nice place in the nice area with a lot of people come every launch and dinner, but this is not my work.
Pros
free launches
Worked as a bar back
Bar Back (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2014
Fun team environment where you earn tips and have a blast talking with other servers and being in a rush
Loved the people and food
Bartender (Former Employee) –  oakville18 October 2014
I loved working with the people, they got desperate for management and hired someone who was a horrible manager and then fired all the staff that told him the things he did wrong, the 22 year old ended up stealing from the tip oout and a lot of it!
Pros
free food, awesome people
Cons
the gm
work ok
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 October 2014
when I come in there a lot of dishes to do
sort of hours
cleaning always there
Pros
free meal
Cons
sort of hours