Baton Rouge Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere and a good opportunity to broaden your skills
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 April 2017
A great, friendly management team and is a fun place to work. Provides a good opportunity to learn new skills and to work as part of a team. A very enjoyable atmosphere
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Limited hours available
Excellent emploi étudiant
Aide-serveur/Hôtesse (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC6 April 2017
Au Bâton Rouge, j'ai appris à travailler sous pression, à établir un bon lien avec la clientèle et à être efficace. Mon travail consistait à répondre aux appels pour des réservations ou des plats à emporter. Je devais répondre aux clients, leur assigner une table et ensuite la débarrasser et la laver. Je m'occupais de la propreté des lieux, de la logistique de l'occupation du restaurant et d'une liste d'attente au besoin. J'ai adoré l'ambiance, bel esprit d'équipe et horaires flexibles pour un étudiant. J'ai aimé la proximité avec le service à la clientèle, la pression et la rapidité d'exécution. Ce que j'ai trouvé plus difficile, ce sont les horaires tardives le soir puisque je travaillais aussi de semaine tout en allant à l'école.
Pros
50% de rabais sur la nourriture !
Cons
Pas de pauses
lots of fun with all of my friends. never forget.
grill cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
I'm heard working and never absence in my work pleace without any big reasons. also I obey everyone and always try to learn from everyone. love to work with fun.
Pros
no pork. eating Halal
Cons
long houre
fast paced environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 March 2017
-managers a little intimidating
-good people, co-workers are helpful
-uniform is a black dress with black shoes
-hardest part was cleaning and preparing big parties
Busy restaurant
Lead Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON14 March 2017
Very busy on weekends but the staff is awesome. Everyone is dedicated to providing excellent guest experience and everyone is eager to learn. management can use some help but thats ok. it works
Fast paced fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
The work nights at Baton rouge usually run quite smoothly. The hostesses all chose a position for the night including, podium: where we chose where to seat our guests within rotation; QuaterBack: this hostess helps out the podium with bringing guests to the assigned table; floor: Hostess will set up any larger reservations, help with roll ups, bring menus from the back, reset and clear tables, and let the QB know what tables are opening up or are opened. Being there for 6 months I have been able to learn all the positions.
Pros
Team environment
fun place to work
FOH Manager/AGM (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 February 2017
Overall fun place to work. Very rewarding. Great team. Needs more management because management has a lot on their plate but they are doing an excellent job.
Busy, Great Colleagues
Restaurant Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
I suppose it doesn't matter anymore as the lease is up and the restaurant has closed down. The managers were not trained properly and did not treat their employees too well. There were exceptions, of course. A couple of them were great. Towards the end one of them came around and started being decent.
fun environment, great management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 February 2017
really easy job, with great coworkers. weekends are busiest alongside holidays. besides having to stand for long periods of time, really easy job to adapt too
Pros
free soup
Cons
standing for long periods of time
slow
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
quite slow at times no traffic. pay isn't great. staff is friendly and genuine. good location. old establishment and business. no modern decor.
Pros
good people
Cons
slow
Nice staff
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON13 January 2017
I enjoy working there but there is not enough hours especially when it isn't the busy season for the restaurant but otherwise it's great place to work.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hunt Club, ON6 January 2017
Working at Baton Rouge would get very busy in the evenings, especially on the weekend and Fridays. During the summer, it is a lot more calm.

I've learned how to communicate properly with customers, it helped me to enrich my vocabulary and to have better communication skills.

The management had it's ups and downs. During stressful and busy times especially, I wasn't very pleased with how the managers were handling certain things.

Most of my co-workers were very fun to work with. However, there were a lot of conflicts presented during work hours, which made us seem "unprofessional" in the eyes of our customers.

The hardest part of the job was having to multitask during rush hours.

The most enjoyable part was meeting the staff and learning something different everyday.
Pros
Understanding between co-workers and managers.
busy, high volume environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2016
best overall experience is based on team work, must be willing to help co workers and multi task daily. Always busy and fast-paced, This position has helped to even further improve my abilities to work in a demanding work environment and use my time management skills regularly.
Good atmosphere, poor management.
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 December 2016
I really enjoyed working at Baton Rouge. It was a great atmosphere to work in. The staff including the managers as individuals were awesome. My only concern was the lack of control that the managers had. They were not organized in terms of making the schedule. The hours that I worked were unreasonable because of all the un necessary staff they kept hiring. For that reason I had to withdraw my employment.
It CAN be a good place to work.
Server/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 November 2016
We had a change in ownership and nothing was the same there afterwards. The location I worked at was a good location, usually busy, but not always. The customers that came to our location were mostly regulars and they were great, but it was the guests that came in from out of town that could be very rude and demanding. The staff was fun, but the managers were not very organized and one had a bit of an ego.
Pros
The other servers you worked with, the location.
Cons
The location, the management
overall good experience. However, the management could be improved
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 November 2016
Baton Rouge was a great company to work for. However, the management in my opinion needs improvement. The ambiance is what kept me going.The waitresses, the people at the bar and the individuals in the kitchen all felt like family. it was an experience i wont forget.
Pros
free food
Cons
not getting paid on time
Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2016
Great place to work with a lively atmosphere and lots of heart. I learned how manage my time and how to properly serve different types of drinks and food.
Good
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 October 2016
Decent employers with extensive experience. Training was very helpful. Fellow employees had strong work ethics. Plenty of opportunity for growth.
Fun and busy workplace
service bar (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 August 2016
I loved working there the fast pace made the time go by faster, I learned to be a people person also how to work independently. my shift was 11-11 very busy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long lunch with no pay
Fun & Great team spirited environment!
Bartender / Barista - Bar Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 August 2016
Anyone who enjoys working at a fast paced up scale restaurant with appreciative customers and supportive team members will find this a rewarding work experience. I learned a great deal - starting from scratch and learning the ropes and the basics of mixology and preparation of classic cocktails and specialized coffees. I had lots of support from management and staff. Every day is a new day with new things to learn and always a stimulating work atmosphere. It feels very much like a family with lots of support and having fun at the same time.
Pros
Staff members, Customers
Cons
Lack of opportunities for advancements