Baton Rouge Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Baton Rouge Barrie
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 May 2019
Baton Rouge Barrie was such a great place to work at.
The manager whom at the time was very new to the restaurant gave an the opportunity to become a hostess although not having an experience.
Very welcoming, open and professional work environment.
Very professional, a lot of opportunities to adapt different learning habits.
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 January 2019
I would go to work, very excited to see my co-workers. We have a very pleasant time working there. We greet customers every day and try to give them all they need.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
Na
Bad management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 July 2018
It’s not best that you work here if you’re under 19 because the younger you are, the more they’ll make you work. They aren’t Understanding with the fact that you are a high school student with bigger priorities (ex. School work). They’ll be petty if you ask what time you will be able to leave. So petty, they’ll keep everyone as a closer, sometimes even past close. I’ve done a full 12 hour shift before (open-close) on a regular Saturday with 5 other hostesses on because they wanted to be petty.
Pros
50% off select items on menu and friends/family discount 25%
Cons
Will throw you in any position if they are understaffed and management Is extremely petty
Toxic
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 April 2018
Hours are good if it's a part time job, but staff hates each other. Lots of gossip. Management are nice but quick to scream at staff as soon as 1 thing goes wrong. Management dates staff. There's nowhere to advance to. Pay is good, but security is not guaranteed..
Fun place to work!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 April 2018
I enjoyed working there. Although it was a short time , staff was accommodating. Managers were friendly and willing to be flexible with shifts. Only draw back was the travel distance between my house and work
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Good
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2018
Job hours are very flexible and management is understanding if you have a serious issue and cant work. Management is still forming new rules from reviews that they receive from customers so if you do not like working in a place that forms new rules constantly I would not recommend. Overall, good work place and the staff is all very kind and friendly.
Consumers Dr, Whitby- Host (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 January 2018
Working at Baton Rouge is convenient for while attending university. The staff are excellent to work with and the managers are flexible with hours. I would recommend to others for employment.
Classy Place
Service Bartender & Host (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON28 June 2017
Baton rouge is a great, quiet, and family friendly place. The food is great and it is a perfect date spot. Classy steakhouse is always nice to have around.
fast paced environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 March 2017
-managers a little intimidating
-good people, co-workers are helpful
-uniform is a black dress with black shoes
-hardest part was cleaning and preparing big parties
Fast paced fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
The work nights at Baton rouge usually run quite smoothly. The hostesses all chose a position for the night including, podium: where we chose where to seat our guests within rotation; QuaterBack: this hostess helps out the podium with bringing guests to the assigned table; floor: Hostess will set up any larger reservations, help with roll ups, bring menus from the back, reset and clear tables, and let the QB know what tables are opening up or are opened. Being there for 6 months I have been able to learn all the positions.
Pros
Team environment
fun environment, great management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 February 2017
really easy job, with great coworkers. weekends are busiest alongside holidays. besides having to stand for long periods of time, really easy job to adapt too
Pros
free soup
Cons
standing for long periods of time
Productive and fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hunt Club, ON6 January 2017
Working at Baton Rouge would get very busy in the evenings, especially on the weekend and Fridays. During the summer, it is a lot more calm.

I've learned how to communicate properly with customers, it helped me to enrich my vocabulary and to have better communication skills.

The management had it's ups and downs. During stressful and busy times especially, I wasn't very pleased with how the managers were handling certain things.

Most of my co-workers were very fun to work with. However, there were a lot of conflicts presented during work hours, which made us seem "unprofessional" in the eyes of our customers.

The hardest part of the job was having to multitask during rush hours.

The most enjoyable part was meeting the staff and learning something different everyday.
Pros
Understanding between co-workers and managers.
Cons
overall good experience. However, the management could be improved
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 November 2016
Baton Rouge was a great company to work for. However, the management in my opinion needs improvement. The ambiance is what kept me going.The waitresses, the people at the bar and the individuals in the kitchen all felt like family. it was an experience i wont forget.
Pros
free food
Cons
not getting paid on time
Great Experience!!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2016
I enjoyed collaborating with my peers, it was intense, great, I learned a lot, and I was always happy! Tips: don't expect too little and don't expect a lot
Pros
Free lunches, great employees, fun environnt
Cons
Long hours, understandable salary
fun place to work nice employees
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 February 2016
great environment to work in. the customers are very friendly, management is great, the food in this restaurant is also delicious.It was a good experience working in this restaurant
Pros
discounts
Friendly, busy working enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 January 2016
A typical day at work was good, sometimes long however I never minded. I learned a lot about how a restaurant is run and this place really showed me the how to's to what happens behind the scenes. management was sometimes tough but very friendly people. Co-workers become good friends very quickly. hardest part of the jobo was having to do something and rush to do the next. Despite the amount of workers you constantly had to find a way to rush what you were doing to move on to the next. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to everyone and learning new communucation skills with Co-workers and guests. I moved on because I wanted to explore new options.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Rushed
Hostess (Former Employee) –  scarborough13 May 2015
always busy
lovely environment
strong team work
helping the servers at the back office when i dont have much work in the front office
Pros
lovely location
Cons
long hours - but i still love it
Too stressful
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON1 March 2015
I personally found that the environment was great with amazing people however it was way too stressful. Also very demanding trying to make a student work 5 days a week. Didn't mind the fast pace however I was consistently being pressured.
Warm and welcoming environment with many opportunities to grow
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toronto Ont.3 February 2015
Being a hostess at Baton Rouge is definitely a rewarding job. I am the first impression on every customer that walks into our restaurant. I am expected to greet them with a smile and set them at ease. I provide menus, and seating according to what tables we have available and how many guests are dining. I am expected to always be aware of new customers, what tables are clean and what servers need tables. I take care of reservations, customer phone calls, and help ensure that each customer is happy and dining in a clean environment. If necessary I will also take initiative to run food, clear tables and manage debit/credit transactions.
I do not ever dread going to work. The management is extremely friendly and understanding of whatever issues you are having. They have created a family like environment where each and every person gets along amazingly. Even while working, there is always a little time to joke around and help keep employees upbeat.
I would definitely recommend this job to someone who has trouble socializing. It forces you to put yourself out there and in turn you develop techniques in regards to speaking to others. It helps you become more comfortable around people who you are not familiar with. As well as strengthening your people skills it will teach your mind to always be aware of your surroundings.
Productive workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2014
Baton Rouge is a fairly good place to work at. Although the restaurant closed down, the time i did spend working there was great. A typical day at work would consist of me preparing the store for my shift and closing, taking reservations, taking people to their seats, and keeping an organized and fast work environment. I would sometimes help buss tables, as well. My co-workers were very fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was probably having to walk back and forth all night through the whole store. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely having to answer phone calls and take reservations in an organized way.
Cons
Restaurant closed down