Baton Rouge Employee Reviews in Whitby, ON

3.1Job Security & Advancement
Consumers Dr, Whitby- Host (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 January 2018
Working at Baton Rouge is convenient for while attending university. The staff are excellent to work with and the managers are flexible with hours. I would recommend to others for employment.
Fun atmosphere and a good opportunity to broaden your skills
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 April 2017
A great, friendly management team and is a fun place to work. Provides a good opportunity to learn new skills and to work as part of a team. A very enjoyable atmosphere
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Limited hours available
Productive workplace with amazing employees
Service bartender (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 February 2015
When I begin my work day, I must clean all the dishes that have been washed throughout the day. I am also required to ensure that the bar is stocked with fruit, straws, utensils, wine, and alcohol. Once everything is prepped in the bar, I ensure that the desserts are prepared. I then start receiving orders for drinks and desserts and garnish all the plates and drinks. While I attend to orders, I also make sure that the bar remains clean by wiping down all surfaces and restocking the bar.
The managers that run the restaurant make my work day a lot easier. The managers ensure that the work is being done and as long as work is getting done, they make the work day very fun and relaxed. During the dinner rush, situations can get very stressful and employees can be put under a lot of pressure and when the management is supportive and motivating, it makes stressful situations a lot easier to deal with.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Host (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 August 2013
A typical day for myself at Baton Rouge would consist of me cleaning, preparing and seating guests at tables, while being able to take reservations, and fill gift cards. I learnt to improve my skills on working as a team player by helping others who may have to much to handle in the moment. I improved my interpersonal service skills which is useful to guarantee returning customers. Management was always friendly and understanding with me but unfortunately could not guarantee a set schedule for me during the summer. My co-workers were amazing, they became my friends, teammates and family. I have not had a single moment in my work history at Baton Rouge where anything was to hard for me to handle. The most enjoyable part of the job was working late hours and being able to spend quality time with my managers and co-workers at the end of a shift.
Pros
Free Lunches, Amazing team, Builds structure, Fun work environment
Cons
Short Shifts, Inconsistent Work Days