Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge Employee Reviews

Canada120 reviews
Overall, Baton Rouge is a great place to work as a hostess. The collaborative culture is one I admired- teamwork was encouraged and implemented on the first day of training. Basic hosted duties included: answering phones, cleaning tables, general maintenance of front of house as well as the restaurant, etc. I did NOT have my SmartServe at the time working here, though it is probably recommended as hosts will bring food to tables occasionally. I got very good hours that worked nicely with my schedule, food discount while working was nice (50%), very friendly, unproblematic staff. Pay was minimum wage, as well as a tip that was given biweekly based on hours worked, take out tips earned, etc. I resigned from my position for personal career changes, the restaurant had nothing to do with it. Managers are very friendly and accommodating.
Great place to work at with a great atmosphere. Enjoy the management team especially. The staff all work together to make things easier. Team oriented
Nombre d’heures insuffisantes et ambiance de travail non convivial
Pros
Heures de travaille
Cons
Aucune reconnaissance
L'équipe étais très bonne mais beaucoup de compétition
Great employees in the back, they always have such great attitudes, everyones always happy to see eachother, even the dishwashers are happy unlike most places!
It was truly an amazing company, the management is friendly and accomodating, the staff is helpful and awesome and if you fall behind, they will catch you up!
I loved working there, however I received a career in my field so I left but I remeber my time there fondly!
helped me develop my skills and learn new things. well organized and give you sense of being part of a team. one of a good experience that I had it's with Baton Rouge.
Its a good workplace for a short time worker or student but alot of your coworkers will push their part onto you. Overall its just worth a part-time job.
on devient plus rapide et On apprend beaucoup de ce qui est de nourriture
It's a good job to gain experience for bartender or waiter, the staff is really cool and helpful. Really flexible for the schedule and easy to get a raise.
Manque de respect et de professionnalisme des gérants envers les employés. Ils te parlent au point de manquer des respect avec une mauvaise attitude jusqu’à te regarder de travers. La gestion n’est pas à point. En plus, tu peux closer même s’il te reste une table car les autres ne veulent pas fermer, les horaires sortent le dimanche soir pour le lundi et il y a du favoritisme concernant les sections.
Walked in for first day on the job and they showed me how to run the dish pit so I can be on top of my tasks. Started with replacing soaps, putting non-slick mats and organizing the whole kitchen. Time to time, they ask me to help with prep if they're falling behind and that was pretty nice of them because I haven't tried that section of work before. Also enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant and everyone was always happy to chat with. The only rough part of it was the massive reservations and at times it was really hard to keep up being the one person in dish pit. Other than that, it was unique and stylish place.
i did not ejnoy working for a angry person
i did not enjoy being yelled at if something wasnt done properly

i didnt enjoy working 14 hours plus with no breaks
perped most meals in back of house from ground up
worked in the dish pits when needed asked

the staff was very capable of dealing with a large rush of customers
Really enjoy the team, I worked BOH for the past year and I'm lovin' it! it's a great franchise, that i hope will outlast the previous restaurants at the location. good food , good people
Management is ridiculous , rude , disrespectful. If u can get past management horror show , union benefits are great hard to lose job because of union but remember restaurants are usually not a union so it’s there for a reason (protect u from management)
My time at Baton Rouge was definitely different than the other places I have worked. It is basically an assembly line and almost no attention to the way the food is plated. Good experience for high volume cooking but not if you have a true passion for food.
overall pretty chill workplace but gets stressful during busy times of the year. most major holidays are mandatory to work, including mothers day and fathers day
The staff is very friendly and you do not feel like an outcast when you first join. They are quick to make you feel like part of their big and wonderful family
I personally believe that Baton Rouge is by far one of my favorite experiences when working in a restaurant, everyone in the restaurant are very charismatic and loving to one another, which is why I believe that any corporation in this world should be able to encounter this trait in order for their business to run smoothly and for people to enjoy the atmosphere they're working in.
The manager does not understand points of view that arent his own. Not alot of hours and hard to switch shifts. If youre planning on moving up to server after being hired as hostess, good luck - probably acheivable after 3 years there.