Baton Rouge Employee Reviews

Stay away
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 March 2019
Starting off, everyone was super nice but after my 1st week there it seemed like almost everyone was either trying to sabotage or were talking bad behind your back. Managers were pretty bad too. Kitchen was absolutely filthy due to the other cook’s work ethic, ive literally worked in a smaller environment with longer rushes that didn’t get as dirty as the line a baton rouge. Not to mention the stairs at complexe desjardins which is a slipping hazard. Pay isn’t anything great either for the amount of effort you put in. The quality of the food is pretty sub par as well.
Pros
Free food, lots of hours
Cons
Bad management, sub par products, filthy kitchen, safety hazard, bad work environment
Casual fine dining
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 March 2019
Casual fine dining with a lounge or dining room, depending on your preference. All food is fresh and made in house. Amazing menu and the food is delicious!
Very unpleasant
Menage (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2019
I did cleaning services for this restaurant and one day the manager dared to say we didn't do the job, we didn't clean the bathrooms and so on. He didn't even gave proof of his words or were able to show on cameras that it wasn't clean. The job was done, he just made up an excuse to take us out!

Very disappointed. They didn't even had the equipment to do a decent job or to out paper on the toilets. You could find forks for days behind the sits and so on. I would definitely never step up on that place again it was very low their behaviour and is not nice to take advantage just for having a higher position.
Cons
Didnt credit the work
Very professional, a lot of opportunities to adapt different learning habits.
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 January 2019
I would go to work, very excited to see my co-workers. We have a very pleasant time working there. We greet customers every day and try to give them all they need.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
Na
Love Baton Rouge
Server and Front of House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 January 2019
I love working here! Baton Rouge is such a great work environment. The owner of this location is truly wonderful and cares for his employees. For management, he wants to make sure everyone is happy and getting enough out of their job as he is.

I would recommend working at this location to any future employees wanting to work front of house or back of house.
Extremely impressed with management and how well the restaurant was run.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontario6 January 2019
Before each shift, we'd all line up and talk about our goals to upsell, talk about the specials of the night and basically just ensure that we are all entirely on the same page about meeting and exceeding each guest's dining experience. If something were to go wrong, the problem (whether food-related or not) was resolved in a calm and timely member, ensuring that each guest left happily. For anybody working in customer service, the skill to resolve problems on your feet and with a smile is a crucial thing to have. Baton Rouge was excellent in training their employees to really understand how to meet a guest's needs each time.
Every staff member got along with each other, helped each other out and no matter how busy the restaurant was- we'd have a good time. People can easily tell if their server is unhappy as well or under extreme stress, and it definitely affects their overall opinion of you. When you are always happy and informative of specials- they take note there too.
I most enjoyed the fact that no matter what situation came up that I had to deal with- I felt fully confident in my ability to solve it and leave the guest feeling more than satisfied with their experience.
Pros
Meeting incredible people and making great money
Cons
shifts cut short
It was a good place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 December 2018
The hockey rushes were crazy but they were manageable when we had enough staff, unfortunately there was a couple times we were understaffed and it was hectic.
The management overall was O.K
I enjoyed working here because the staff was very friendly and overall it was really good experience for me. I learned a lot of things.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Free soup and fries, Good Environment, Good pay
Cons
Not enough hours, Schedule always changes, Sometimes can be understaffed
Fun
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
This is a fun and entertaining place to work. Lots of nice people and good quality food products, I learned a lot in this location, it is always busy here as well.
Worst Manager experience ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 November 2018
I was hired as a manager and only 3 days later let go because I was told didn't fit in with the management team. The truth is on my second day I spoke to one of the managers which was an older guy 60+ and shared with him some great ideas I had to increase sales and I guess he saw me an ambitious new manager or a threat to his job and sabotaged me. When I came in day 3 instead of being appreciated for my positive input I was ditched like a piece of trash with no valid reason. The worst experience in my over 15 yrs experience in the industry.
good money, unpleasant management
Server (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2018
Every shift was a tough battle. Do you stay because you're making a killing? or do you leave because you're mental and maybe emotional health is suffering? Managers are such bullies. They never give you any praise or appreciation yet you can always count on them to put you down.
Pros
good money
Cons
unpleasant atmosphere from management
Bad Employer
server (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON3 November 2018
As an employee at Baton Rouge Kanata, I wish the other employees would finally smarten up and form a union. this is one of the worst places to work at. We are overworked, never ever appreciated, and we often get mistreated and disrespected. If you're think of applying for a job here, apply somewhere else and come back once we have a union.
Pros
Tips
Qualiter de travail correct
Plongeur (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC2 August 2018
Travail au bâton rouge nous apporte des avantages intéressant.
Bad management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 July 2018
It’s not best that you work here if you’re under 19 because the younger you are, the more they’ll make you work. They aren’t Understanding with the fact that you are a high school student with bigger priorities (ex. School work). They’ll be petty if you ask what time you will be able to leave. So petty, they’ll keep everyone as a closer, sometimes even past close. I’ve done a full 12 hour shift before (open-close) on a regular Saturday with 5 other hostesses on because they wanted to be petty.
Pros
50% off select items on menu and friends/family discount 25%
Cons
Will throw you in any position if they are understaffed and management Is extremely petty
Cant get ahead
Cook (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON30 May 2018
Impossible to pay bills. No job security. Overly aggressive. Work don't talk. Keep your head down. At each other's throats...........................
Pros
Free food
Cons
Below poverty level wages
king ouest
Plongeur (Former Employee) –  Rougé (44)15 May 2018
cest de la marde aussi devrait pas exister les gens qui y travail son pas propre
Toxic
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 April 2018
Hours are good if it's a part time job, but staff hates each other. Lots of gossip. Management are nice but quick to scream at staff as soon as 1 thing goes wrong. Management dates staff. There's nowhere to advance to. Pay is good, but security is not guaranteed..
environnement de travail dynamique
Serveuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 April 2018
Gros restaurant avec un énorme chiffre d'affaire qui oeuvre dans l'industrie depuis plusieurs années.
Fun place to work!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 April 2018
I enjoyed working there. Although it was a short time , staff was accommodating. Managers were friendly and willing to be flexible with shifts. Only draw back was the travel distance between my house and work
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Not enough hours
everything was great untill sam
Server (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON2 April 2018
was let down buy my management n owners i tried to stick up for myself about hours n being cut. maybe spread it out so every one felt the slowness. i believe in structure n taking care of staff youve had a long time but to a piont.. hard work shopuld always pay offf. in my case free work should have...
Good
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2018
Job hours are very flexible and management is understanding if you have a serious issue and cant work. Management is still forming new rules from reviews that they receive from customers so if you do not like working in a place that forms new rules constantly I would not recommend. Overall, good work place and the staff is all very kind and friendly.