Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter Pay & Benefits reviews

Dynamic work environment with passionate employees and management
Great work life balance.
Strong sense of community and family when you come into work

Management is amazing, always have their door open to help

A sense of pride throughout the company

Great amenities

Benefits are good, perhaps could be improved
There is lots to learn here as everyone is quite knowledge in their specific position.
Pros
Bistro, Gym, Free Parking
Cons
Far from the city of Montreal
Official response from Bath Fitter
26 June 2018
Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you.
Excellent Employer
Bathfitter is an exception in the work place.
They are fair, fun helpful and they pay well as long as you perform. Work hard and you will be paid well.
Official response from Bath Fitter
9 March 2020
Hello, thank for you taking the time to leave a review on your work experience!
Poor management
I was let go after 9 days as an Administrative Coordinator. The Admin supervisor informed me and the reason I was given is that I wanted to make too many changes to their process. Oh, and one time I got slightly frustrated.

The hiring process was unprofessional. The job offer was done over the phone and I never did receive a formal letter of offer of employment. In hindsight I should have insisted on this as during my first week I was required to drive to Edmonton for training. I was concerned about liability in the event of an accident or mishap.
It also would have been nice to know what my starting salary would be as well as the length of the probation period.

The training in Edmonton was really good and the staff there are wonderful.

When I returned to Calgary, I was informed by the VP that his instructions regarding my training were not followed. This was my first indication of poor management and communication. Also, I did not receive ongoing training in Calgary from the Admin supervisor and found the instruction I received in Edmonton directly contradicted the procedures in Calgary. As such I had a lot of questions and this contributed to my frustration.

Then I hear the VP has mentioned to other staff that I was being groomed to take over the admin supervisor position when she goes on mat leave. This surprised me as I had never had this discussion with the VP. Again, unprofessional.

My other concern was the retention problems with the admin staff over the past year. This was a red flag for me and a possible indicator of poor hiring practices.
 - more...
Pros
Good company with a great product
Cons
Poor management and direction
Perfect balance between work and fun, great culture & benefits
Before I started my last year of university studying HR, I wanted to do a summer internship to gain some experience within my field and see what HR is really like outside of a textbook at school. I was lucky enough to land myself an internship at Bath Fitter. What was originally supposed to be a 3 month internship turned into me still being here after over 1 year.

A first work experience for someone finishing university is very important, as it can either discourage or reassure them about the field they chose to specialize in.
Bath Fitter set the standards incredibly high for me at the very beginning of my career with their passionate culture, perfect balance of work/fun, inspiring management team, subsidized on-site cafeteria & gym, benefits, and more! I would recommend working at Bath Fitter to anyone; truly a game-changing company to work for.
Pros
Subsidized bistro & gym, benefits, culture, people
Toxic work place that needs a union to deal with management
Miserable employer that constantly takes advantage of employees and provides nothing in quality of work life. Most jobs are 100% commission which allows management to be very manipulative and demanding. Benefits plan requires 50% employee contribution and provides no benefits. Stay away if you can! Definitely not a place to build a career....
Pros
Free coffee on Fridays
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, lack of respect