Bath Fitter

Bath Fitter Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
A great company overall. But also dependent on the Branch you work for and if they are franchise or corporate. Too bureaucratic for my liking.
The company overall is a great place to work for. Unfortunately you are on commission yet you are called an employee. You are better off being an installer than a sales agent. Not much leads are provided to the agents and 90% are window shoppers who just want price. But you are foced to visit the potential customer on your dime to make a sale.
Excellent Employer
Bathfitter is an exception in the work place.
They are fair, fun helpful and they pay well as long as you perform. Work hard and you will be paid well.
9 March 2020
Hello, thank for you taking the time to leave a review on your work experience!
Poor pay and travel compensation
Poor management, unfair and greedy. Company is ran from different country and is not day to day. Company owner does not seem to care about keeping good people happy. No t recommended. Huge turnover of people in all areas
Pleasant place to work
Team is very friendly. There is a good balance between sens of urgency and quality to the client.
Impressive manufacturing installation and dedication of the people.
Pros
People, lunch, workplace in general
13 January 2020
Hello, thank you for leaving a review on your work experience.
Manager was a bully
Worked for the Scarborough Location on Finch and Middlefield the branch manager was unprofessional and condescending to ALL her employees. She lacked communication skills and instead of learning how to manage or be a leader she would flip out and start screaming at you.
Pros
other people in the branch were easy to work with
Cons
Manager's temper
Poor management
I was let go after 9 days as an Administrative Coordinator. The Admin supervisor informed me and the reason I was given is that I wanted to make too many changes to their process. Oh, and one time I got slightly frustrated.

The hiring process was unprofessional. The job offer was done over the phone and I never did receive a formal letter of offer of employment. In hindsight I should have insisted on this as during my first week I was required to drive to Edmonton for training. I was concerned about liability in the event of an accident or mishap. It also would have been nice to know what my starting salary would be as well as the length of the probation period.

The training in Edmonton was really good and the staff there are wonderful.

When I returned to Calgary, I was informed by the VP that his instructions regarding my training were not followed. This was my first indication of poor management and communication. Also, I did not receive ongoing training in Calgary from the Admin supervisor and found the instruction I received in Edmonton directly contradicted the procedures in Calgary. As such I had a lot of questions and this contributed to my frustration.

Then I hear the VP has mentioned to other staff that I was being groomed to take over the admin supervisor position when she goes on mat leave. This surprised me as I had never had this discussion with the VP. Again, unprofessional.

My other concern was the retention problems with the admin staff over the past year. This was a red flag for me and a possible indicator of poor hiring practices.
 - more...
Pros
Good company with a great product
Cons
Poor management and direction
Great Place To Work!
Work/Life balance, great team work, the management team is approchable and everyone works well with each other.
It is a Great Place to Work and I look forward to coming to work every single day!
Pros
Free breakfast & subsidized lunch, Gym & Fitness classes, Foosball & Ping Pong tables
Cons
Nothing I could think of
Exceptional corporate culture
Bath Fitter provides an incredible workplace environment for its employees. There is a bistro subsidized by the company and a gym on-site. People are happy to come to work and contribute everyday. Everyone is accessible including management. The employees are autonomous in their everyday tasks and are ready to help any colleague from other departments.

The projects given to interns are important and sometimes complicated. This contributes greatly to their professional growth because it enables them to use what they learned in school and gain experience.
Pros
Bistro subsidized by Bath Fitter and gym on-site, autonomous in your projects
Cons
Salary a little low for a last internship
26 June 2018
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is much appreciated!
Dynamic work environment with passionate employees and management
Great work life balance.
Strong sense of community and family when you come into work

Management is amazing, always have their door open to help

A sense of pride throughout the company

Great amenities

Benefits are good, perhaps could be improved

There is lots to learn here as everyone is quite knowledge in their specific position.
Pros
Bistro, Gym, Free Parking
Cons
Far from the city of Montreal
26 June 2018
Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you.
Perfect balance between work and fun, great culture & benefits
Before I started my last year of university studying HR, I wanted to do a summer internship to gain some experience within my field and see what HR is really like outside of a textbook at school. I was lucky enough to land myself an internship at Bath Fitter. What was originally supposed to be a 3 month internship turned into me still being here after over 1 year.

A first work experience for someone finishing university is very important, as it can either discourage or reassure them about the field they chose to specialize in. Bath Fitter set the standards incredibly high for me at the very beginning of my career with their passionate culture, perfect balance of work/fun, inspiring management team, subsidized on-site cafeteria & gym, benefits, and more! I would recommend working at Bath Fitter to anyone; truly a game-changing company to work for.
Pros
Subsidized bistro & gym, benefits, culture, people
Great place to be!
Great place to work with amazing colleagues and management team!Huge emphasis on training and development and ensuring success in your career. Its a great place to be!
Pros
bistro, free parking, amazing culture
26 June 2018
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your work experience!
Awesome place to work!
Working at Bath Fitter is stimulating and rewarding!
I am highly aligned with the corporate culture and management’s vision for the company’s future. Here, we are told that all employees are important and it truly feels that way on a daily basis!

Seeing as we have such a friendly and passionate team, I never find it hard to come to work! If you want to be part of a big family, further your skills and receive support in developing your career, Bath Fitter is here for you! It really is a great place to work!
20 June 2018
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your work experience at Bath Fitter!
Excellent proven company with excellent culture
I work with a very positive and supportive management team. Suggestions are encouraged and actually listed to. The company believes in offering new opportunities to internal candidates first. Our culture stresses honesty and trustworthiness as well as teamwork. I look forward to coming to work every day and encourage others to join our team.
Pros
Great attitude of trust and teamwork
Cons
No cons, really. It's a great place to work.
18 June 2018
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review about your work experience.
Good learning environment
Nice Company, great management, however not enough regular work to fill a full week. This job was a great learning experience and I enjoyed the independent working environment. Pay was below expectation however I truly enjoyed the positivity of the Company and how they managed the staff.
Pros
New challenge
Cons
Not steady work
productive and fun place to work
it was a fun day...calling customer's explained our products..my co-workers were excellent , helping with anything i need...
Pros
i learn a lot it was a fun environment
Cons
it was short period
équipe incroyable
super bon travail d'équipe, travaille stimulant, culture d'entreprise comme on retrouve rarement ailleur.
Long days lots of lifting awkward movements
Owner is understanding, jobs are strenuous and work in many different situations. Space sometimes very limited to work in. Meet many different people which I thought was the best part of the job. I enjoyed working on my own but many times could have used extra hands. Lots of repetitive movements with arms and moving in tight areas with tubs and walls.
was great experiance but not enough direction
Bath fitter was a decent place to work at, gave me a ton of experience, but there was not enough of direction in terms of my position. I believe my work would have benefitted with there was a detailed description of what was required of me.

It helped me gain more presentation skills. I was always a people person, and loved to talk, but the organization of my presentations were not the best until I started work at bath fitter. Which I am very grateful for.

It is hard to say about co-workers, because I generally worked by myself. And always worked double shifts. But the odd occasion when I did work with someone, we were always on the same page. I did manage and coach 5 people, but were never worked together.

The management team (not including me) was decent. They were always very sweet when letting me know any mistakes I have made or showing me how I can improve in my performance. But in terms of organization and meeting deadlines, I would say that is one area they need to improve upon.
Pros
learned allot, taught me about how to manage a team
Cons
needs to improve on time management, always by myself, not enough direction
Toxic work place that needs a union to deal with management
Miserable employer that constantly takes advantage of employees and provides nothing in quality of work life. Most jobs are 100% commission which allows management to be very manipulative and demanding. Benefits plan requires 50% employee contribution and provides no benefits. Stay away if you can! Definitely not a place to build a career....
Pros
Free coffee on Fridays
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, lack of respect
Don't bother with is company.
Bath fitter offered me the position of Sales Representative, I filled out all the paperwork and was waiting on back check to return file.

I phoned to find out they were restructuring the Burnaby branch, however everything was fine with my file and they guaranteed that everything was going forward.

TWO WEEKS later they call and say they are putting them on hold and not hiring at the moment, now I see one week later they have job posted again.

They are liars and deceitful.
former Employee
Brutal company to work for, no respect, no trust, They want you to jump. But ignore your needs.

UPPER MANAGEMENT IS THE MAIN ISSUE, THEY WOULD RATER STRONG ARM AND SHOW WHO IS IN CHARGE THEN MAKE DECISIONS THAT ARE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE COMPANY.

Stay as far away as you can. You will leave frustrated.
Pros
u get paid
Cons
pretty much everything.