Bath Fitter Employee Reviews

Poor management
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2018
I was let go after 9 days as an Administrative Coordinator. The Admin supervisor informed me and the reason I was given is that I wanted to make too many changes to their process. Oh, and one time I got slightly frustrated.

The hiring process was unprofessional. The job offer was done over the phone and I never did receive a formal letter of offer of employment. In hindsight I should have insisted on this as during my first week I was required to drive to Edmonton for training. I was concerned about liability in the event of an accident or mishap. It also would have been nice to know what my starting salary would be as well as the length of the probation period.

The training in Edmonton was really good and the staff there are wonderful.

When I returned to Calgary, I was informed by the VP that his instructions regarding my training were not followed. This was my first indication of poor management and communication. Also, I did not receive ongoing training in Calgary from the Admin supervisor and found the instruction I received in Edmonton directly contradicted the procedures in Calgary. As such I had a lot of questions and this contributed to my frustration.

Then I hear the VP has mentioned to other staff that I was being groomed to take over the admin supervisor position when she goes on mat leave. This surprised me as I had never had this discussion with the VP. Again, unprofessional.

My other concern was the retention problems with the admin staff over the past year. This was a red flag for me and a possible indicator of poor hiring practices.
  more...

While I do appreciate how busy the VP can be, I was shocked that he didn't deliver the news to me directly and that I wasn't given an opportunity to be heard. It's tough to be judged in such a short period of time but it in hindsight, its likely for the better.
Pros
Good company with a great product
Cons
Poor management and direction
Great Place To Work!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC26 June 2018
Work/Life balance, great team work, the management team is approchable and everyone works well with each other.
It is a Great Place to Work and I look forward to coming to work every single day!
Pros
Free breakfast & subsidized lunch, Gym & Fitness classes, Foosball & Ping Pong tables
Cons
Nothing I could think of
Exceptional corporate culture
Electrical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  St.-Eustache, QC22 June 2018
Bath Fitter provides an incredible workplace environment for its employees. There is a bistro subsidized by the company and a gym on-site. People are happy to come to work and contribute everyday. Everyone is accessible including management. The employees are autonomous in their everyday tasks and are ready to help any colleague from other departments.

The projects given to interns are important and sometimes complicated. This contributes greatly to their professional growth because it enables them to use what they learned in school and gain experience.
Pros
Bistro subsidized by Bath Fitter and gym on-site, autonomous in your projects
Cons
Salary a little low for a last internship
26 June 2018

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is much appreciated!

Perfect balance between work and fun, great culture & benefits
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC20 June 2018
Before I started my last year of university studying HR, I wanted to do a summer internship to gain some experience within my field and see what HR is really like outside of a textbook at school. I was lucky enough to land myself an internship at Bath Fitter. What was originally supposed to be a 3 month internship turned into me still being here after over 1 year.

A first work experience for someone finishing university is very important, as it can either discourage or reassure them about the field they chose to specialize in. Bath Fitter set the standards incredibly high for me at the very beginning of my career with their passionate culture, perfect balance of work/fun, inspiring management team, subsidized on-site cafeteria & gym, benefits, and more! I would recommend working at Bath Fitter to anyone; truly a game-changing company to work for.
Pros
Subsidized bistro & gym, benefits, culture, people
Great place to be!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC20 June 2018
Great place to work with amazing colleagues and management team!Huge emphasis on training and development and ensuring success in your career. Its a great place to be!
Pros
bistro, free parking, amazing culture
26 June 2018

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your work experience!

Awesome place to work!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC18 June 2018
Working at Bath Fitter is stimulating and rewarding!
I am highly aligned with the corporate culture and management’s vision for the company’s future. Here, we are told that all employees are important and it truly feels that way on a daily basis!
Seeing as we have such a friendly and passionate team, I never find it hard to come to work! If you want to be part of a big family, further your skills and receive support in developing your career, Bath Fitter is here for you! It really is a great place to work!
20 June 2018

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your work experience at Bath Fitter!

Excellent proven company with excellent culture
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Springfield, TN14 June 2018
I work with a very positive and supportive management team. Suggestions are encouraged and actually listed to. The company believes in offering new opportunities to internal candidates first. Our culture stresses honesty and trustworthiness as well as teamwork. I look forward to coming to work every day and encourage others to join our team.
Pros
Great attitude of trust and teamwork
Cons
No cons, really. It's a great place to work.
18 June 2018

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review about your work experience.

Good learning environment
Bathroom installer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON14 August 2017
Nice Company, great management, however not enough regular work to fill a full week. This job was a great learning experience and I enjoyed the independent working environment. Pay was below expectation however I truly enjoyed the positivity of the Company and how they managed the staff.
Pros
New challenge
Cons
Not steady work
productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 July 2016
it was a fun day...calling customer's explained our products..my co-workers were excellent , helping with anything i need...
Pros
i learn a lot it was a fun environment
Cons
it was short period
équipe incroyable
Journalier, opérateur senior (Former Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC15 March 2016
super bon travail d'équipe, travaille stimulant, culture d'entreprise comme on retrouve rarement ailleur.
Long days lots of lifting awkward movements
Commissioned Installer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 November 2015
Owner is understanding, jobs are strenuous and work in many different situations. Space sometimes very limited to work in. Meet many different people which I thought was the best part of the job. I enjoyed working on my own but many times could have used extra hands. Lots of repetitive movements with arms and moving in tight areas with tubs and walls.
was great experiance but not enough direction
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 December 2014
Bath fitter was a decent place to work at, gave me a ton of experience, but there was not enough of direction in terms of my position. I believe my work would have benefitted with there was a detailed description of what was required of me.

It helped me gain more presentation skills. I was always a people person, and loved to talk, but the organization of my presentations were not the best until I started work at bath fitter. Which I am very grateful for.

It is hard to say about co-workers, because I generally worked by myself. And always worked double shifts. But the odd occasion when I did work with someone, we were always on the same page. I did manage and coach 5 people, but were never worked together.

The management team (not including me) was decent. They were always very sweet when letting me know any mistakes I have made or showing me how I can improve in my performance. But in terms of organization and meeting deadlines, I would say that is one area they need to improve upon.
Pros
learned allot, taught me about how to manage a team
Cons
needs to improve on time management, always by myself, not enough direction
Toxic work place that needs a union to deal with management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Maritimes9 December 2014
Miserable employer that constantly takes advantage of employees and provides nothing in quality of work life. Most jobs are 100% commission which allows management to be very manipulative and demanding. Benefits plan requires 50% employee contribution and provides no benefits. Stay away if you can! Definitely not a place to build a career....
Pros
Free coffee on Fridays
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, lack of respect
Don't bother with is company.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Burnaby14 November 2014
Bath fitter offered me the position of Sales Representative, I filled out all the paperwork and was waiting on back check to return file.

I phoned to find out they were restructuring the Burnaby branch, however everything was fine with my file and they guaranteed that everything was going forward.

TWO WEEKS later they call and say they are putting them on hold and not hiring at the moment, now I see one week later they have job posted again.

They are liars and deceitful.
former Employee
Management (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick30 September 2014
Brutal company to work for, no respect, no trust, They want you to jump. But ignore your needs.

UPPER MANAGEMENT IS THE MAIN ISSUE, THEY WOULD RATER STRONG ARM AND SHOW WHO IS IN CHARGE THEN MAKE DECISIONS THAT ARE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE COMPANY.

Stay as far away as you can. You will leave frustrated.
Pros
u get paid
Cons
pretty much everything.
workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON21 October 2013
the co workers where great to work with. management seem to only think of the numbers involved and to watch their own backs. they do not think of work/life balance as an option. i found that when i needed to take time off for sickness they did not appreciate it, therefore terminate employment. a typical day was answering in coming phone calls and booking appointments, there was no real hard part of the job. you just had to know how to sell a product to someone enough to get the sales consultant in the home to do their job.
Pros
no pros
Cons
hours did not fit around life.
Working at Bath Fitter
Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 May 2013
Bath Fitter is a GREAT company to work for. A typical day at work would be starting in the morning, checking messages to throughout the day, entering in new orders into the Bath Fitter Database, answering the phone (customer inquiries), giving support to Sales Consultants as well as Installers, scheduling installations, ordering Bath Fitter product as well as office supplies. At the end of each day I would also do a daily bank deposit. Those are just a few of the many things I did working for Bath Fitter. It was a small staff of around 20 so we were all like a family. The hardest part of my job I would say was when I would need to call residential customers and find out when the company would get paid for work that was completed. I would do it but it was hard hearing people say they didn't have the money, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer would call and give a compliment, whether it was towards an office member, Sales Consultant, Installer or the company in general. It was great!
Excellent company until new management took over
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo ON1 May 2013
This was a great people oriented company when run by it'a founders. Learned about running a business as if it was my own. Mistakes were considered learning experiences. Support was genuine and people came first. Under new management it became impersonal and many people have left.
Great concept, little competition
SALES - ESTIMATOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 March 2013
My day began on the computer pulling up my appointments. First appointment was at 11 am, last one at 7pm. Each appointment ran 1 1/2 hr leaving 30 min to get to the next location. In house presentation was given, measurements taken of the tub to be retrofit, and then paperwork signed if possible.

I learned how to take exact measurements.

The sales team had weekly training where we were able to review tough presentations that were left open and make suggestions to close.

The hardest part was not knowing from day to day what hours, or where in the Fraser Valley I would be working.

The most enjoyable part was closing the deal.
Pros
good commissions
Cons
not knowing my schedule more than 12 hours in advance.