Bath Built Custom Furniture

Bath Built Custom Furniture Employee Reviews

Fair pay. Extremely high employee turnover.

Pay is alright. Flexible hours. No benefits.Owner is difficult to navigate. Consult his replies to negative reviews on Google to get a better idea of his character. Turnover is very high. Your experience and position within the company will offer you nothing in terms of job security.Good luck!

Pros

Fair pay optional overtime

Cons

Owner

Great non stressful place to work

This is a terrific place to work. Not at all stressful. Those who even try in the slightest can advance. In 40 plus years in the woodworking industry, this is the best place I've been employed with. Owners and manager are very accommodating and certainly don't get worked up over things. Very much recommend this company to anyone looking for employment.

Pros

Good hours, non stressful environment.

Cons

No cons.

Great company to work with as a developer

I joined the company as a part time web developer and worked directly with management to build a digital online store for the business. The open-mindedness of the company allowed me a lot of flexibility to deliver a competitive digital product using exciting new web technologies. I had a lot of fun building the company's website as well as its ecommerce platform and felt like my work was highly appreciated by the company.

Great Job

I started working here this year and I enjoy coming to work each and every day. Everyone reports to the Production Manager who is an experienced professional.

Great team, valuable skills/experience, beautiful product, but an owner who treats his employees very poorly and is very difficult to work with.

Started off as a positive experience, I thoroughly enjoyed the job, loved the experience and skill I was gaining, was proud of the work we did, and got along really well with the team. Everyone was skilled, hard-working, and everyone had great ability to work together as a team. The owner paid well. However I came to realize after some time working here that the owner treats his employees very poorly. On a relational and professional level, he does not show respect, value, or appreciation to his employees. He doesn’t listen to or trust his employees, he frequently picks out their flaws, blames them for any and all problems in the business. He doesn’t communicate directly, regularly leaving very rude passive aggressive notes when he gets angry (which was fairly often.) He blows small things out of proportion, and instead of focusing on fixing a mistake and learning from it, he thinks that his employees are either making mistakes on purpose to damage his business or that they just don’t care and have very poor work ethic.

Pros

Great team, valuable skills/experience

Cons

Owner treats his employees poorly

Official response from Bath Built Custom Furniture

29 June 2021
This individual sought out both the Production Manager and the Owner at BBCF to explain to them that moving forward they should not expect him to be a "Yes Man". His words were consistent with his actions and thus the decision was made to terminate his employment that day.

Always drama, unhealthy environment

I spent 9 months working here where I learnt a lot of new skills and met some great people. The furniture produced by the workers was high quality. Unfortunately, this business is run by a passive aggressive owner, who has no respect for his employees and leaves you feeling like your hard work is never good enough. The owner lacks maturity and communication skills creating an unhealthy environment where you would usually find out from other workers if you haven’t done something to his standards (which were never consistent), due to has lack of communication. This place has a lot of potential, but ownership is doing all it can to provide a working environment that was not enjoyable to go to, knowing there would be a new drama to walk into each day.

Pros

good work hours, always busy

Cons

ownership/management

Official response from Bath Built Custom Furniture

25 June 2021
BBCF is in it's 5th year and objectively there have been some choppy waters creating Canada's first premier, solid wood, custom, handcrafted, Canadian made, furniture manufacturing and retail companies. Unfortunately what these former employees overlooked is that they do not report to the owner, but rather the Production Manager. Our current Production Manager has optimised lines of production for large publicly traded companies such as Coca-cola and others. Working for BBCF is admittedly not for the faint of heart. You should only apply should you be a career oriented individual. If you feel you fit that description we confidently assert that you will find all the opportunity, growth, and fulfilment you could hope for. We continuously strive for a culture of success not only for the company, but all those who work earnestly towards customer satisfaction. On behalf of the BBCF ownership/management we look forward to hearing from you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath Built Custom Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement