Bath & Body Works
Information from Bath & Body Works:

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Seasonal Associate79 reviews
Canada79 reviews
During the holidays, it is really busy and they provided me with a lot of hours. After, I only got 3 hours per shift and it was not enough to sustain my tuition and everyday expenses.
It's really nice to work here. So many candles to smell while at it. It gets really busy and stressful at times but its fun to talk to people. Management was nice and it gets fun when people exchange and return candles after its way down for some funny excuse. Love here, though you come out smelling very different than you walked in
Pros
exciting
Cons
While sales aren’t commission you do get your sales tracked. People who have have more sales get more hours, people who don’t get sales get maybe a shift a week. You also have to worry about “staying green” which is the total revenue for the hour and the day. If you’re green, the team gets more hours and you get to keep your call in. If you’re red, you lose hours. Call ins are frequent. Seniority is important too. They have an app to swap shifts or get your shifts covered where you get most of your hours.
I worked here for the Christmas season and at first I loved the job. As time went on they began to take advantage of their workers, scheduling us for “on call” time and then last minute saying we were not needed with no compensation. You would have to be open all the time incase they needed you. There was a lack of management and communication between everyone. Near the end of the Christmas season they stopped scheduling people and never contacted us again.
worked as seasonal sales it was great liked working there super fun and great people there wish i was there longer super easy met awesome people there
It was a very high and stressful environment and it just wasn't meant for me. I would just rather have a job that I enjoy doing. I also didn't like the crazy hours they made me work, it wasn't balanced. It was either too much or too little.
It was a lot of fun to work at Bath & Body Works, everyone is very friendly, kind and understanding. Working at Bath & Body Works felt like all staff we family.
Everyone there is very friendly and helpful. Can get lots of stuff done, but the setting stays light. They are willing to work with your availability as well.
I really enjoyed working at Bath and Body works for the short time I was there. We had a really nice work environment, although it could get stressful because of the busyness of the season the managers and other employees were always calm and level-headed, offering advice and help when you needed it. My managers were truly amazing, they made everyone feel welcome and accepted and they were always positive as well as motivational. The staff was more like a family to me, I had a lot of amazing people to look up to and learn from. The hardest part of the day was standing on my feet for longer periods of time, although we did get breaks our feet did eventually start to hurt, especially if you weren't used to it. For me there were two most enjoyable parts, the first being all of the cool people I got to meet and work with and the second is the feeling of accomplishment at the end of my shift, I would give everyday my all no matter what I was tasked with and I always felt accomplished when I finished. It was an overall great experience and it taught me a lot about the work force.
I enjoyed working at Bath and Body Works but unfortunately they had over-hired too many people and I didn't get enough shifts. It is a good place to make extra money but not if you need to make ends meet. I ended up leaving mid season to a job that had more consistent hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bath & Body Works?
During a typical day of work, I would enter the back room of the store and get dressed in my apron, nametag, and two-way portable radio transceiver (walkie-talkie). I would then clock in for my shift through the store's main computer system and meet with my supervisor before beginning to work on the sales floor. While working on the sales floor, I would greet customers who had just walked in to the store and showcasing the latest products coming in for the season and ask if there is a particular scent they are looking for. I would help them experiment with different scents of soaps and lotions before making a final sale. I would never be given shifts longer than 5 hours, therefore breaks were never required. I was, however given breaks during floor set shifts where I would come to the workplace, clean off the sales stands and prepare the stands with the new scents.
I enjoyed working on the sales floor, sharing my knowledge of the product, and working both individually and as an active team member.

I learned that becoming a part of the workplace requires a great deal of professionalism when approaching both customers and company management.

The management was very friendly but were very firm with informing us how determined we must be on identifying and satisfying any customers' preferences or needs.

The most difficult part of the job was being able to learn how to approach customers the way the company trained the workers to and understanding how to promote the product while respecting a customer's personal boundaries.
The location I worked at made us compete with each other for better hours, managers were not very nice to employees-especially the other seasonal employees and I. They are micro managers. They at one point told us that we could not book days off and even went as far as to say they would not accept call ins unless we could provide a doctor’s note. I even had to personally tell them I had an exam for school one day and would not be coming to work even if they scheduled me in order for them to allow me to have it off. If you are very, very good at sales you will do well here, but if you aren’t, you will not be liked and your hours will be few.
Only worked a total of 2.5 months for the holiday season. Definitely not enough hours for anything meaningful, maybe 1 or 2 3-4 hour shifts every 2 weeks. Was never taught check-out despite being asked nearly every shift if I knew it. Time went by pretty quickly. The store was mostly quiet and the customers that I interacted with were all pretty easy-going and relaxed. Would recommend for the experience and to have something between jobs, but definitely not something to make a livelihood from.
the work was easy and the people were okay, my only issue with this job was management, i found it to be very disorganized and the managers had a tendency to mistreat some of the employees. other than that the job was like any other retail job during the Christmas season.
Bbw is a very good and welcoming environment. I learnt how to become very outspoken and more confident in everything I do. I really love working at bbw
I was really excited to start working here at B&BWS. The staff were all great and very nice! I wouldn’t recommend working here for part time it’s very stressful. I worked here for seasonal during Christmas and only 4.5 - 5 hours per week. 1 shift per week for Christmas!! Terrible hours. Everything is a competition here and other employees will try to take your sale. Some management were very nice and understanding but sometimes I would see some part timers crying in the backroom.
But this is from my experience don’t let this review stop you from applying and getting experience.

Pros:

Friendly staff

Good products

Discounts

Cons:

Hours

Super stressful

Competition for sales
I was a seasonal part time employee. It was not a stressful job, even though it was busy around Christmas time. It was a fun place to work! Worked in multiple areas, such a stocking, cash, and helping customers.
too fast paced for me and the scents in the store are way too overwhelming for me. i loved the candles but the perks employees get are not the best. I wish they were better.
Fun environment to work during the holidays. Management do take advantage of you because you are seasonal just be mindful of that. otherwise great place to work for extra cash
If you want quick experience in retail this place is good to work. Very demanding job but the environment is very supportive and positive. Everyone works together to make ends meet. But if you don't make enough sales individually you get cut off the team so it's quite stressful. Only work here for temporary experience.
I am a current seasonal sales associate and I enjoy working for this company! The group of co-workers I have are kind and helpful. They are accommodating and understanding. There is the added plus of the employee discount as well!