Bath & Body Works
Information from Bath & Body Works:

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate231 reviews
Canada231 reviews
Salary could be better but management and peers was great to work with. Need more shifts to make up for salary. I would recommend this company for any student looking to make cash for living during schooling
Bath and Body Works was a great place, I learned cash, how to approach people on a daily, how to persuade them and built good connections and make sure they liked the service and also how to work in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
Free samples, sometimes lunches
Cons
Aprons
The manager was never at work, the assistant managers were either not working or very demanding. The environment was very toxic and stressful. The employees were very nice and helpful on the other hand.
Great culture, CX love the store so they are usually happy! Smells wonderful and I have recommended or gifted to friends and family! Nice co workers from diverse backgrounds.
Pros
High value on teamwork
Cons
Slightly lower wage than living wage in the area
Working at Bath and Body Works was such an incredible experience. The company truly does value its employees as much as the customers. Working in a slightly smaller, lower-volume store, the team was incredibly close knit, and committed to helping each other succeed. There was no competition, just genuine care for each other, and the customer.
The culture of the higher volume store I ended up transferring to was different, much more competitive in terms of sales, and slightly less supportive team, however upper management remained constant in caring for employees.
Learned great customer service, problem Solving, team work. Management was great! Got along very well! Hardest part was lack of hours. Workplace culture was great
you would clock in and see what position you are to do that day. i learned a lot about sale conversions. management had favorites, and would claim to have a computer set up everyone's schedule. but some would only come in twice whereas others were coming in everyday. hardest part was putting yourself out there and sometimes facing a rude customer. in this location it was also dealing with the gossip of the co-workers, and constantly feeling like you weren't liked cause you're new. the most enjoyable part was learning more about the products, and sometimes getting some for free in order to give accurate opinions.
Must know a lot of product knowledge and be very extrovert and sociable. The job is not for everyone but the company is amazing to work for. They really care for their employees
Coming to work is always a positive experience. Lots of team building and personal skill building among staff. There is always a goal for the day or for your shift and management is always there to help employees achieve them. A great working environment with care for the employees. An overall great working working experience.
Management is amazing! Much care for their employees and work with your schedule! Busy working environment and fun place to work with a great and hard working team!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bath & Body Works?
Got hired and although it was a fin environment to work in you were always expected to convert every single customer to a higher sales bag. I didnt like how they were always on my back to hold my customers hand. It didnt feel right. Hours were good in the start, untill the new year where hours got cut like crazy and it was something I couldn't afford especially with the wage. I was getting 3 hours a week if I was lucky.
Love working with my team members. Management team is always there to assist anyone when they need it. very well organized. enjoyable work environment.
I love working at BBW, it’s my first job and I couldn’t ask for a better one. We get awarded and praised when doing well, and get a gratis every month. I can come into work after having a rough week and all my worries go away, i always have something to do and love when we get new product to try!
I worked there as a seasonal and it by far was the best job I had. Everyone- especially the manager was so lovely to work with, and the management was the best managment I've ever had working anywhere. I wish I still worked there. It was definitely a fast paced environment but even working with the customers was so fun
Pros
Worked as a team, discounts were great, management was lovely(Beth is amazing), everyone is really helpful, and they work around your schedule, especially if you go to school
Cons
Very fasted paced (if you're not used to it)
It's super competitive and pits employees against each other, but they value their employees.Rare opportunities for advancement and none for benefits.
The people are so nice
The work is easy throughout the year.

Busy times are a little stressful and very fast paced.

Hours drop dramatically in Jan after Christmas....
I was a student working at bath & body works for about 3+ years. Management was great & very easy to get along with. A very positive environment to work!
Loved working at this company at the time. Management was awesome to work for, fun environment and incentives. Great work/life balance. Only problems they don’t have many full time positions
Super nice staff and managers were honestly very great and fun to work with but this definitely a job for students or parents that don’t need full time hours. Hours are very limited and even when you get kept after seasonal time you may get a 3-5 hour shift a week. Definitely not something you can keep unless you are not hired during seasonal periods. Discounts are good, customers are mostly awesome, fun work place but not a long term situation.
Very inclusive and a nice place to work. Started as seasonal and enjoyed .decent p/t hours. Management are kind and easy going. The whole staff was helpful and any issue was resolved quickly.
It's a fun environment but if you are part time you're not going to get alot of hours most of the time, it's fast paced and you do need to be able to lift at least 20 lbs consistantly