Bath & Body Works
Information from Bath & Body Works:

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier27 reviews
Canada27 reviews
I really enjoyed working here until the scheduling manager completely stopped giving me shifts after I got some covered (got scheduled on the days of my final exams that they would not let me book off and also needed time to study) and said they did it because they "thought I didn't want to work there anymore". Since this was during the holiday season (a time when as many employees are needed to work as possible), it was, in my opinion, an extremely as well as deliberately petty and unnecessary thing to do, and really altered my outlook on this company.

Regardless, I liked how it was fast-paced so you are required to stay on your toes and will almost never get bored. Not to mention, it always smells great.
Pros
Free items
Cons
Management is not understanding
Working at B&BW provided me with many skills like customer service, problem solving, and understanding products. While working there, it was fun to memorize products and their prices - making suggestions to customers much more authentic.
I really enjoyed the fast paced environment and how well the managers were willing to teach you and answer any questions. The employees themselves were very personable and I would for sure enjoy working for the company again if I was offered!
bath and body works
has a very friendly and social environment. It helped me gain a lot of skills including communication, time management and most of all leadership skills. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to work there.
I really loved working at Bath and Body's works despite the time being short for only being hired for their seasonal position. My typical days of work were 3 to 6 hours and I worked at the cash and I also organized product on the floor. They even showed me how to close up the store before doing the alarms. It was an amazing opportunity and I met a lot of nice people.
Pros
It was a very welcoming environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Manager at the Carrefour Laval store is insufferable. Decent job, minimum wage and only schedules you for 3-9 hours a week. Easy job. Lots of gossip among employees and management that gets angry with you when making a mistake they caused.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Management is terrible, don't give hours
Helping costumers with questions and finding products that met their needs.

Working as a cashier.

Helping with stock and replenishing items on the floor.
Pros
coworkers would bring snacks and food for big days like boxing day or black friday.
Cons
n/a
Bath and Body Works is a great company to step out of the box, since the company is known for selling delicious scented products, every customer is always in a good mood, which enables the employee to also carry a great attitude in order to ensure great quality customer service.
Pros
Discounts at certain stores in CAN and USD
Cons
Holiday hours are MANDATORY
The management at my location was not the best, i was hired as a seasonal, while having another part time job. but the management team clearly did not was to empathize with me about my schedule with my other job, while i still was a full time student.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
not an understanding management team
This company is goal oriented which means that there are many employees that are required to reach sales goals. Some are unattainable and over the top, and when they are not met employees are penalized.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bath & Body Works?
The managers at my location openly talked bad about other employees as soon as they walked out of the area and over all showed little respect for each other and us.
Pros
hire with little experience
Cons
Didn't feel comfortable around the other employees
Being there wall all around a wonderful place to work. Being a cashier there was great for money management, the management there were outstanding individuals that kept us motivated and there wasn't one day i didn't enjoy going to work.
I loved the atmosphere and the employees were very respectful. I learned many life skills and became more outgoing and social after my long experience
Pros
Environment
Cons
Less hours
This is a wonderful place to work. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company. They truly care about their employees. I work with amazing and caring individuals. I am a cashier, stock and sales person; I enjoy this versatility in my work. Overall, awesome job!
a typical day at work was great, I learned how to interact and engage with customers. Learned about the products. Standing on your feet for log periods of time was tough, but it was a great environment.
Pros
meeting new people, products, discounts
Cons
standing on your feet for long periods of time
I found that if you work here you have to be 110% about the company which is hard when you start off with little to no information and the managers not patient enough to help.
Everyone had a specific post that varied day to day, depending on who was working and they would be responsible for floor plans and goals that everybody took part in. I learned that in an environment like so, we all depend on each other to ensure perfect communication and that everyone is getting the same message. To speed up tasks, on slow hours, co-workers would help you.

To be quite honest the hardest part may be the products that we sell that are no longer available to customers that brings disappointment. However, that doesn't mean they leave unsatisfied that's where my position offers a similarity to what they are searching for.
Pros
rewards, discounts, outtings
Cons
cleaning up glitter
great staff, management, company and amazing place to work..
enjoyable, understanding people, good money.

only downside was my position was seasonal.. wish i could have stayed.
Pros
discount
Cons
I learned how to work with people and enjoy time, my co-workers were great I Made great friends.
Management sucked they couldn't keep things together and always were on different pages with each other.

I loved the people and the job everyone was happy and all having a good time.
Pros
People and just the job
Cons
Fun work environment, people are sweet. Great way to learn customer service care. The 100% customer satisfaction policy followed by the company, provides employers an opportunity to learn the importance of good customer care ethics.
Pros
Great people to work with, super friendly
Cons
Bad Hours
Working at bath and body works there was always something to do. I learned how to deal with many different customers which allowed to develop my communication skills.