Bath & Body Works

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Though I loved every second of actually working there, this job isn’t worth it if you plan on staying after the holidays. I worked 12 hours in the last two months I was there. Everyone was extremely nice and I genuinely liked working with them, however you get very few shifts and management doesn’t distribute hours evenly. Save yourself the time and apply elsewhere if you’re looking for something reliable and long term.
Pros
Friendly and encouraging environment
Cons
No hours, mild favouritism
You are encouraged when working at Bath and Bodyworks to approach customers and push to assist and upsell them. You have to keep track of everyone who you get to sign up for emails and how well you’re doing as a sales associate is judged based on how many people say that you helped them at the till- encouraging employees to undercut each other, try to get more attention from customers, and only help people who they think might talk nicely about them at the till. The return policy was atrocious- we weren’t even to ask for receipts, if someone came in with one of our products we were to do an exchange no questions asked, even if the product was 99% used. The back room was littered with papers and otherwise cluttered the entire time I worked there, and there was nowhere to sit to eat. Every shift scheduled would be short enough to not legally require a break, and would say it would end at 5 OR 6- every single shift you had an extra hour that they could keep you without it being overtime, making it near impossible to make plans around work.
Pros
Gratis- free trials of new products
Cons
Unpredictable hours, competitive staff, negative atmosphere, little to no back room.
I got a job in the summer in my hometown and transferred to the store in my university's city, I recently just got let go and was given no reason for my termination. Management at the store I transferred to often thought and acted as if they were superior to associates. The management at the transferred store made associates feel dumb and made at least one worker cry during their shift more often than not. If you didn't hold a higher position than associate, you were basically comparable to gum on the bottom of a shoe to the transferred manager. Obviously that was just my store, but I would recommend trying to speak to sales and cash associates about management before accepting a position.
Pros
Free product (gratis)
Cons
management did not care about you
Management and coworkers were great and positive! Time flies during shifts because you’re busy helping customers or you’re keeping the store clean/stocked. They offer a decent discount and the managers are always there to support you if you need help.
Pros
Discounts, great team, fun workplace
Cons
Not enough shifts
Was a seasonal retail employee who got let go a few weeks early due to mall hours changing. Couple weeks later after letting everyone go they're posting again for seasonal retail workers. Work here if you just need a job over the winter, don't expect to stay or be recognized for your work. Other than that an overall positive place to work
In my few months of working there, I enjoyed working retail and the staff was super nice and welcoming. If I had any questions or concerns they were right on top of helping me out in any situation. They gave good amount of hours, i worked part time but I had on average 20-30 hours a week and it was super easy to pick up a shift or to get it covered. So far the best workplace environment I’ve ever had!
Pros
Scheduled lunch breaks, got off work when scheduled to, can test samples whenever, great discount, low-maintenance dress code, super nice staff
Cons
Hours are terrible , management is terrible, managers lie and don’t distribute hours evenly. It overall just sucks here so badly I’m so glad they didn’t keep me past seasonal also, they don’t take Covid safety seriously (they don’t require masks for customers, don’t use 6ft, very often go over the 15% capacity)
Pros
Sometimes there was snacks
Cons
No hours, terrible management, no safety
5 managers, all of which tell you different ways of doing things and to do different things. Store manager is rude and does not care about seasonal workers, talks poorly to the staff and has a “clique” with the other managers. The managers are terrible with respect towards workers ESPECIALLY seasonal workers, having an attitude that they are better than everyone else there. Handles drama poorly as well. Almost all girl staff leading to tons of drama and isolation. Do not work here unless you want mental distress
really kind atmosphere, most coworkers were extremely friendly and the job itself was great, i rarely ever had a bad day and it's just overall a really good place.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no breaks under 5.5 hours
Good discounts and friendly work environment. They value employee safety and well being. Always ready to help and management appreciates good work. Fun place to work. I love bath & body works!
Pros
Goodies and discounts
Cons
Super busy during big sales
THIS LOCATION SIMPLY HIRES THEN FIRES/QUITS. I mean great discount and your apart of L BRANDS (Victoria secret). The workplace is fast paced and hectic they probably have 20 associates in the floor at once in such a small store
Pros
Not a difficult job
Cons
Poorly managed
I honestly love the environment at bath and body.The work environment is so positive everyone who works there is so kind and easy to work with.One of the best staff I have ever worked with.Also the management is great they are super supportive and go out of their way to give you positive feedback and if their are some negatives they'll do it kindly and in a way that's helpful.I honestly don't think their are any cons to working here.Compared to some of my previous jobs bath and body barely feels as if its a job besides of the ruder customers who come In and will give attitude for approaching them.
Pros
management, work discount, nice staff, the pay and amazing work environment
Cons
rude customers
The employee discount is nice and so are the monthly free products. Thats about it though, its a nice job if you're cool with working a 3 hour shift once a week MAX. They hire seasonal employees but can't even give them hours.
Pros
Discount
Cons
no hours, 3 hour shifts
I've worked there for almost three years, and the last year was absolutely terrible. The manager is treating people differently depending on if she likes them or not. And if she doesn't, she will make sure everyday you'll spend there will be the worst. Super unprofessional management team in general. Other than that, the job itself and environment is really nice, but if you're an anxious person, I wouldn't recommand this job AT ALL.
Pros
The team and environment
Cons
management team and stress
You will barely get any hours and there is no chance for improvement since you only work a few days out of the whole month. Shifts are very short. The only good part is the gratis and the employee discount.
Pros
gratis, employee discount
Cons
no hours, short shifts, company keeps hiring new people instead of giving shifts to existing employees
I applied for the bath and body works seasonal sales associate position and was very excited to work there, but after my training shifts it was complete radio silence about what shifts im actually gonna be working. I tried emailing the manager but they still didn't get back to me. The process from the interview to the training had already taken so long and even after training it takes forever to get a shift.
Pros
Nice and welcoming environement, very clean workplace
Cons
Unorganized communication and hours
Loved my job at first. I was able to work part time and stay after Christmas to earn extra money on the side while doing hair. Worked consistently throughout the year until recently when I switched salons and needed to change my hours slightly. I had 4 days with open availability and one evening. Unfortunately after making the switch (which was approved by my manager btw) I was never scheduled again. After a few weeks without work I called my manager and was told my availability “doesn’t align with the needs of the business”. That combined with the fact that she hired almost 30 extra seasonal associates for a fairly small location meant that there wasn’t going to be as many hours to go around. After a few more weeks of not being scheduled I finally quit since it was clear to me that I was not liked by her. I also tried contacting my district manager to see what was going on and never got a response from her. Very upset with how I was treated especially after working there for almost a year. Love the products and most of my co workers but I would not recommend the Lloyd Mall location to anyone at this point in time.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Poor treatment by manager
I would have to say Bath and Body is a fun place to work when you actually get a shift. Even though it's a seasonal position the management really sucked for shift's and I work in West Edmonton Mall's location. I'm lucky to work 3-5 hour's every 3 week's and I mean I work my butt of making those sale's and it showed,but management prefers to give the hour's to non seasonal,and they are still constantly hiring when there's over 95 staff member's.
Pros
Free products every month and free sanitizer and holder at the start
Cons
No hours at all and favours original employes
Working at BBW is the best! I work here part time and thoroughly enjoy coming into work. It’s fast paced and fun. I actually look forward to every shift because I get to be around products I love, make recommendations, and leave customers feeling happy they found their new favorite scent.
I was always a loyal regular customer at Bath & Body Works and was really looking forward to working as an associate. My opinion definitely changed since working there. In July, all I was asked to do was clean the registers during the whole month. I did not get to interact with customers. During August, the other new associates were being cash trained but I was not. Instead, I was immediately thrown on sales floor without proper training. Management was condescending and showed no support when I had disclosed my disability. I was given two weeks to improve and that is when they finally showed me the online learning videos that were supposed to be shown to me beforehand. My appearance was mocked, I was told that I always looked "sloppy" due to a management member not liking that I put my thumb in my apron pocket. However, there were a few associates that were kind and encouraging. I genuinely don't recommend working there or apply to another location.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Barely any hours, toxic environment
This was my first ever job. The managers were nice enough but they were insistent that you bother customers all the time even if it was clear they did not want to be spoken to. Working at cash was the best part. The whole culture there is annoy the customers so you can get them to give us money. If a customer decides not to buy something it’s entirely on you no matter what.
Pros
Good Pay, working at Cash is nice
  1. Employee reviews