Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 408 reviews matching the search See all 5,599 reviews
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2018
I enjoyed working at Bath & Body Works. I was hired as a seasonal sales associate, and later promoted to permanent sales associate in the new year. I never had an issue with the staff. They are caring and helpful. The management staff was great!
fun work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 September 2018
It was a great experience, getting to work with all those new different spontaneous scents, and convincing many customers to try new products. It was a very interesting job, would definitely go back to it in the future.
Wonderful environment for a student
Seasonal/Part time Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
You get to interact with people, you get training for it, you can speedily move up the ladder if you show your skills. Good benefits and you never smell bad every time you get in a shift!
Pros
Good job benefits and hours.
Cons
Shift based hours.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 September 2018
I love bath and body works and have nothing against them it was just the location I worked at wasn’t so great . They also didn’t fully understand things about my brain injury
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Bad hours
Super fun
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 September 2018
Great support company wide - store level remains questionable. Great staff and easy going customers at store level. Great pay for retail with lots of work to show for it.
decent
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB5 September 2018
Co-workers were decent some were very rude along with some of the management staff. it was a fun place to work but i would never go back. if you got nervous or even just had a small sweat stain you would get in trouble for it so it was very strict but understandable. also if you stood in one place for to long even if you were tasking you'd get sent home.
Ambiance de travail incroyable
Assistante-Gérante (Current Employee) –  Place Rosemère5 September 2018
Travailler pour BBW est fantastique. L'ambiance de travail est exceptionnelle et les valeurs de la compagnie sont exemplaires.
Pros
Salaires
Fast learner environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 September 2018
The expectation is to know all the prices, but ask for help always, never give a customer false information. Always greet the customers, and wish them farewells.
Pros
Co-workers are friendly, and good pay
Cons
Awkward shift times
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
The staff made this environment fun, and the location that I worked at was consistently busy so the time flew by. Some of the assistant manager were a gas to work with while a few were real micro managers.
Pros
Products
Cons
Had to wear a head set which damaged my hearing.
High Stress environment but very productive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2018
As a sales rep I was required to talk, and sell products to as many people as possible. The people were all very nice but the high stress of meeting a sale goal was too much for me, although a very nice place to work, and you get MADDD discounts
Great people to work with and fun atmosphere
Regular Seller (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 August 2018
I learned a lot about selling and all of the ins and outs on daily sales including each persons spah, conversion, etc. The hardest part of the job was meeting your daily goal when the store was having a slower day.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Short shifts with mandatory on call
Fun Workplace with good products
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 August 2018
Bath and Body Works is a great place to work, the staff is friendly, it is not extremely busy and there is always something to do. Sometimes it can get a bit busy but that just makes the time go by faster.
Pros
discount, good hours
Very good work environment, but tends to be unorganized at times
Customer sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB13 August 2018
I enjoyed working there, yet at times they were unroganized, and it was difficult to keep up. Overall it was a good encouraging environment that I enjoyed working in
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unorganized
No recognition
Visual merchandiser/keyholder/ Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 August 2018
There is no opportunity for advancement because they will hire outside instead of promote within and recognize the amount some staff do and don't do. Management micro-manages to the point where employees don't want to do their jobs. They criticize the one thing you've done wrong and not recognize what you've done right. There is no coaching or training with senior staff and shadowing, they just show you videos and throw you in and complain when you don't get it. You have to jump on customers about what they want before they can even land and look around. Management takes credit for the store success even though its a whole team effort. The only enjoyable thing is the certain people you work with become family. There's also no discount, the sales are always better than your discount. Gratis's for regular employees are testers compared to high performance and management. Senior staff that actually do their work and then some gets paid the same as new people coming in and people who don't do anything. Trying to get a raise is like pulling teeth.
Pros
Some gratises
it was fun but busy
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 August 2018
I worked during Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed wearing reindeer ears and helping people choose gifts and test s many fun scents
HOWEVER SODIUM LAUREL SULFATE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND
it was a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC11 August 2018
I personally had a bad experience with the management of the store but it is completely different now so i'm not sure how it operates anymore. Was very fast pased
Pros
you always smell good
Cons
no hours
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
Good retail experience but management could have been better. I could have gotten better training as well. But overall a good part time job i got good hours.
Employer was super nice
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 July 2018
Bath and Body Works was a starting job for me, it gave me the opportunity to have a job under my belt, even though it was only a seasonal position, I learned so much from the employees in such a short amount of time. the hours worked perfectly with my school schedule at the time, and it was a good job.
Pros
Making New Friends
Cons
Seasonal Job
its a productive and fast pace place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 July 2018
it was my favorite job so far. the people were really chill and I loved always smelling good. I worked Christmas seasonal so it was always busy and you always had stuff to stock or customers to help.
Pros
disounts
Cons
it was seasonal
incredible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 July 2018
bath and body works in Kingston Ontario at the Cat mall is amazing and always smells good. the managers treat their employees amazingly and I am so glad to be apart of such an amazing team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K