Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 467 reviews matching the search See all 6,131 reviews
What's It Like Working At Bath & Body Works?
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 February 2019
If you love Bath & Body Works products, & the store, being an Employee is a plus. I knew a lot about the products from buying so many, but working there shows me new products I've never seen, & familiarizes me with what everything is made up of. If you're detailed oriented, everything is managed by scent, sequence, & order. Hardest part of working here is learning to master your sales skills, by being a front line Bath & Body Works Associate. The most enjoyable part is coming into work with a group of awesome colleagues, & patient, motivating managers.
Pros
Great Employee Discounts!
Cons
The store doesn't carry enough online, or retired scents.
Loved it!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2019
A young, fast paced work environment where the positive energy is contagious! I loved working at bath and body works and I am sad to leave, the people I met and the bonds I was able to make with customers is something I will never forget. During the holiday season I was able to get better hours, most stores get slower in the spring and summer and a result of less hours but I am sure this varies at different locations. Super great job for anyone who is eager and energetic.
Pros
Great work environment
Fun!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2018
I loved working at Bath & Body Works, it did not feel like I was actually working because I loved working here so much, even if I was doing replenishment one day I didn't think there was anything much to complain about.
The only problem at the location I was in was a few employees and some of the management who picked favourites and treated some of us very unfairly. If I get to work here again in another location, I would be very honoured!
Pros
Fun, Uplifting, Benefits
Cons
Less hours, management had favourites
Very nice place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 January 2019
I really enjoyed working at Bath and Body Works, the environment was ideal for working in. The customers are usually pretty easy to help out and are friendly most times (a lot of young women and teenagers) My favourite parts were cash and stock, but selling on the floor was nice too.
Pros
Friendly co- workers, decent hours, bubbly environment
Cons
Unpaid breaks, breaks only allowed if working a five and a half hour shift
Not a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 November 2018
I was often verbally abused by the manager, scheduled on days outside of my availability and penalized for such. The other employees were all very new except for three or four. There had been a large number of employees leave prior to my hiring for the same treatment. Management was often in the back on their phones allowing the newbies to handle the store. Barely any patience. The products were expired when sold, as employees were encouraged to use them and open them.
Most fun was meeting the consumers and speaking with them.
Hardest part was the passive aggressive environment
Cons
terrible workplace environment
Productive and Enjoyable Enviroment
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 February 2019
Bath and Body Works is a great company to step out of the box, since the company is known for selling delicious scented products, every customer is always in a good mood, which enables the employee to also carry a great attitude in order to ensure great quality customer service.
Pros
Discounts at certain stores in CAN and USD
Cons
Holiday hours are MANDATORY
Rude Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC9 February 2019
I only worked seasonally for one bath and body works so I can only speak about that experience. My experience was extremely negative, the management at the particular store I worked for were rude and very condescending to the staff especially the seasonal staff. I would never work there again.
Pros
some discounts
Cons
everything else
Very Fun and enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 January 2019
When I worked at BBW I loved it every single day, the stores atmosphere just gave you an energy boost, and the people that worked there were all friendly, and always helpful towards eachother. Unfortunately there was just not enough hours to get through the week.
Pros
Amazing environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace with dedicated management
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 January 2019
I have learned a lot from working at Bath and Body works and I absolutely love going to work. The managers are incredible and are always looking out for their team while still being able to do what is best for our store. A great work environment and an incredible first job to have.
Seasonal Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 January 2019
The management at my location was not the best, i was hired as a seasonal, while having another part time job. but the management team clearly did not was to empathize with me about my schedule with my other job, while i still was a full time student.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
not an understanding management team
Awesome
Sales Associates (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 October 2018
I love going to work as you meet new people everyday. Some customers have never even used our products so its great to be able to speak about what our products offer to the individuals. Thing is Bath and body works has something to offer everyone it the ultimate gift store. I have yet to meet anyone that doesn't at least like one thing about the store.
Pros
30% employee discounts
Cons
Discontinued products
I can do what youtell me and get the job done effictionly worker i am
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 February 2019
Body shop is a place were most woman would want to work. Because they are addicted to all the body supplys that will make a woman to be who she is and who we are.
Pros
Sometimes i will bring my own lunch.
Cons
I will work the ours because the ours are normal work hours
productive fun working environment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 January 2019
The minute i would walk through those doors i was getting greeted by friends i worked with it was definitely amazing to be in such a loving environment. I learned how to uncover what people wanted and or needed i also learned how to be more out there and less to myself. We changed managers half way the time i was working there but i loved both managers we joked and laughed, it was definitely a change but they treated me like i was there own and they were the best managers I've had. the hardest part was when there was a giant line of people waiting to check out and only i on cash but it made me work harder and faster because i knew i had to get through the line with costumers being 100 percent satisfied. when there were more then one person on cash it was amazing we'd joke around well we cleaned the back counter after a big rush and teasing each other in a family way.
Pros
healthy working environment
Cons
there was none
Great team, sometimes a difficult work/life balance.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario12 December 2018
Absolutely love the culture at the company, the co-workers and their passion to do right by the customer. Hard not to take work home with you.A lot of changes to the day-to-day operations are made last minute that can affect scheduling and morale within the team.
Great manager.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 January 2019
The manger is great I love her but the 3rd key holders only to their job sometimes and they have really bad attitudes. I have received complaints from customers about them.
Pros
You get to see what products they have.
Cons
on call shifts could mess up your plan for the day. Employe discount is useless.
Nice people, poor management.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 February 2019
The employees were nice and the hours were good. However, the training was little to none and the management was rude at times. High stress levels during work. It was also understandable, considering I worked during the holiday season.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor training
This place is very fun and enjoyable to work at! There is of course a few hiccups here and there with management but overall I think they're great.
Sales Specialist and Merchandise Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2018
Working at Bath and Body Works has given me a lot of growth in the company and outside too. Before working here I was honestly very shy and awkward, but through working here they have helped me build my confidence and stride to be wonderful things. On the days I have to much going on with my personal life, I still come into work to help with whatever needs they may need. The only not so great thing about this place is if you're not good at your job right away, the management won't schedule you as often. So to apply here you need to get things fast and be fast. No one has time for you to be slow when there's a billion other things for you to do. This job is very FAST PACE.
Pros
discount at Bath and Body Works, La Senza, Victoria Secret, and Pink
Cons
You'll never know when you're off with call ins.
positive work place
Merchandise associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 August 2018
First thing I would do when I got to work was look at the day to day list of things that had to get done that day. After checking the list I would clock in and start helping customers with inquiries. Depending what they asked I could then help them find products and cash them out. Restocking items was also part of my job.
What I took from that job is how to handle some hard customer situations but got through it by keeping calm and if needed getting higher help. The most enjoyable thing about working there was the people I worked with. They work so nice and positive!
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Not enough hours
Good place to work.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 January 2019
managers were so polite and would drive me home in the middle of the night. Had a wonderful time working with the team even though I had less hours to work in a week.
Pros
good smell, Polite managers, best place to work for women
Cons
less hours, not suitable for men
Very friendly and fun enviroment
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 January 2019
the staff at bath and body works is so kind and welcoming, they offer very good training to new workers.They make sure you are very confident and knowledgeable about every on the floor.
Pros
Very fun
Cons
inconsistent shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K