Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

bath and body works
Sales Associate and Cashier and stock (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 April 2018
I would go to work and wear my apron, and then after I would clock in on the computer and go right on to the floor. I would find the manager and ask them what I was doing for the day for example sales associate or cash. I learnt how to deal with customers who are angry, my communication skills really helped with that, also i learnt how to communicate with the other employees if i needed helped with something we would use a walkie talkie. The hardest part of the job is restocking the store because the candles were really heavy and sometimes I could not reach high up.
Pros
on black friday and boxing day we would get free food at the back
Cons
no cons
Fun place to work
Part-time Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba19 April 2018
Great place to work, during the daytime was fairly easy going very chill evening shifts were a little more hectic, more people shopping for gifts for the holidays.
I would highly recommend working there, it was very enjoyable experience
if you want a good first job this is a good place for that.
hardest part of the job was getting emails out of people. I personally really enjoyed interacting the customers and ringing them up.
I enjoyed working for this establishment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
Bath and Body Works challenged me and taught me a lot about responsibility. The only reason why I left was because I was pursuing my education, and needed less hours.
Not a place for anyone to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 April 2018
I have been working here for the last 9 months, i am surprised i have lasted this long. The hours arent good unless you are kissing someones tail. When the employees they dont like arent around they talk about them horribly behind their backs and then when they show up for work they act all nice and sweet to them. The manager is very rude and likes to pick favorites, if she doesnt like you she will talk down to you like your garbage. Dont even try working here.
Pros
Money ok
Cons
Manager, shift numbers
Good for growth
Supervisor (Manager, Key Holder) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2018
This company is really good for business growth. I f you're looking to acquire a business background and intelligence through numbers, this is the place for you. They do push you hard to sell and to reach goals. And you have to be prepared to learn a new company culture that is way bigger then you and I. From thinking to speaking its all planned.
Pros
Good pay if you're in management
Cons
commision like customer service
Amazing
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 April 2018
It was honestly my favourite job so far! Besides working with children. It was such an amazing environment and everyone’s was so supportive even when I had to go on a short sick leave they all accommodated me very well. I am proud to say I was a part of bath and body works sarnia family :)))
Pros
Discounts and the general environment
Cons
Busy
Accepting and enjoyable place to work but limited hours
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 April 2018
I love the job, you are always busy with a task to do or customers to greet. I've learned how to be confident within my sales and approaching customers in a polite sophisticated way. Management great and super flexible.
Pros
Great environment, flexible
Cons
limited hours
So. Much. Fun!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 April 2018
I worked there seasonally a few years ago, and I can still go into the store and see so many friendly faces. There is always someone welcoming you into their community and the benefits are awesome!
Good company to work for
Sales\cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna BC7 April 2018
Loving people
Lovely customers
Clean environment
Loved all of the scents I got to be around
I learned how to communicate better
I learned why the company become a thing
How well they do in sales every year
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Sometimes slow
Too much Gosip
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 March 2018
The managers at my location openly talked bad about other employees as soon as they walked out of the area and over all showed little respect for each other and us.
Pros
hire with little experience
Cons
Didn't feel comfortable around the other employees
Amazing!
Stock Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 March 2018
I worked here as a seasonal stock associate. This was possibly one of my favorite jobs. I had full time hours every week, and worked with a very fun team.
Pros
Discounts on all L brand companies
Average Day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 March 2018
I was only a seasonal position but in my short time there I had a blast!!!
Everyone was great and super nice and made me feel like i was one of them even though I would be leaving
Fun work place, never a dull moment!
HIGH PERFORMANCE SELLER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 March 2018
Always new product for visual set up. Great positive work environment. Management is amazing, who always work with their staff. Lots of great memories!
Pros
Visuals, seeing new product.
Sales Centric
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 March 2018
Bad culture. Heavy focus on sales, disregard for work-life balance. A lot of micro-managing within every level. Typical day at work is very reactive. Small payroll budgets are given and the system is a flex system. Sales are down you cut, they are up you keep on call shifts. No guaranteed min hours for associates, no schedule 2 weeks out.
Pros
pay
Cons
culture
Organized and Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC15 March 2018
Staff is very friendly and respectful, it's almost like a family. The tasks assigned can at times be difficult and when the rush comes in it is very stressful, however, it is rewarding in the end.
Enjoyed every minute
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 March 2018
I had a lot of fun working here; the people were amazing, and the environment was structured to be people friendly. Working as a team is probably the most challenging aspect to create in any work environment, however, the hiring process was designed to make sure that the personalities of the staff would be fluid and not oil and water.
Good for holidays
Holiday Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON14 March 2018
Bath and Bodyworks is a good job for students who could use some extra pocket money. Overall fun job with nice people. Were flexible with my time off as well as unavailability.
bath and body works
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 March 2018
less working hours
more of stock work
usually busy during the peak seasons
very fast paced work culture
The staff is very friendly and adjusting. flexible schedule
Aweful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2018
Management was horrible. staff were not welcoming to new comers at all. training was all over the place. i would not recommend working with this company. hours are not available unless your kissing someone elses tail. very unorganozed as well.
Poor support
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oshawa11 March 2018
Nice co workers, poor support from management. Nothing is fully explained, pressure is high, especially at the holidays with no added benefits or commission. The management focus in order to gain their benefits while not providing added benefits to the employees left the job feeling kind of pointless and reapeative. No warning of an end date as well... they just stop scheduling you if they don't want to continue to have you on after seasonal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K