Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 433 reviews matching the search See all 5,885 reviews
Travailler dans l'entrepot
Manutentionnaire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2018
Défaire des commandes de produit, les ranger dans l’entrepôt ou sur le plancher
Welcoming and Fun work Environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK28 November 2018
I like working at Bath and body works because they provide a easy and welcoming environment for one to grow especially if you are new to the field of retail. It is a nice place for both the staff and the customers.
Not a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 November 2018
I was often verbally abused by the manager, scheduled on days outside of my availability and penalized for such. The other employees were all very new except for three or four. There had been a large number of employees leave prior to my hiring for the same treatment. Management was often in the back on their phones allowing the newbies to handle the store. Barely any patience. The products were expired when sold, as employees were encouraged to use them and open them.
Most fun was meeting the consumers and speaking with them.
Hardest part was the passive aggressive environment
Cons
terrible workplace environment
Fast paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 November 2018
Amazing team! Typical day included serving beverages and meals in a fast paced environment during sports and concert events. It also included cleaning, processing transactions and doing inventory counts.
loved wokring here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 November 2018
you get to be in on of the best smelling stores ever and sample anything you want. Christmas is a fun time to work there because of all the new scents they get
Pros
great employee discount
Cons
long days of being on your feet
Recommande
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC12 November 2018
Je recommande ces entreprises. J'ai quitté pour des raisons personnelles.
This place is very fun and enjoyable to work at! There is of course a few hiccups here and there with management but overall I think they're great.
Sales Specialist and Merchandise Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2018
Working at Bath and Body Works has given me a lot of growth in the company and outside too. Before working here I was honestly very shy and awkward, but through working here they have helped me build my confidence and stride to be wonderful things. On the days I have to much going on with my personal life, I still come into work to help with whatever needs they may need. The only not so great thing about this place is if you're not good at your job right away, the management won't schedule you as often. So to apply here you need to get things fast and be fast. No one has time for you to be slow when there's a billion other things for you to do. This job is very FAST PACE.
Pros
discount at Bath and Body Works, La Senza, Victoria Secret, and Pink
Cons
You'll never know when you're off with call ins.
Management is a high school girls popularity contest
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2018
The senior management is nothing but a high school club of girl who used to be picked on by the popular kids. Have put on about 100 lbs and are either single or divorced with 2 kids. Bitter angry people.

So they spend their entire days off the floor messaging and calling each other and gossiping all day. It’s great cause you don’t see them often. But when they come on the floor the feel guilty for their lack of doing anything so start nit picking and making all the people who are actually working feel like prison.

IF YOU ARE IN CALGARY STAY AWAY FROM SOUTHCENTRE find any other store you do NOT want to work with this manager. Missy has had HR called on her 14 times in 5 years and still runs a store. RUN AWAY RUN FAR AWAY

You work for a empty shell of a company so if you’re fine with that then cool. If you want to work with people who aren’t out for themselves look elsewhere. In the comparison or wage and perks. You’ll never use your discount because the promos aren’t covered under them. And the salary is the same anywhere. There’s nothing that makes BBW stand out as a job amongst anyone else.
productive and fun work place
Cashier Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB26 October 2018
I love working here, the only issue is the manager and how she treats the staff.
All the staff is friendly and amazing, very fun place to work, everyone is so kind.
Pros
free items. high pay
Cons
manager
High Pressure Environment
Seasonal Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 October 2018
This company is goal oriented which means that there are many employees that are required to reach sales goals. Some are unattainable and over the top, and when they are not met employees are penalized.
Awesome
Sales Associates (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 October 2018
I love going to work as you meet new people everyday. Some customers have never even used our products so its great to be able to speak about what our products offer to the individuals. Thing is Bath and body works has something to offer everyone it the ultimate gift store. I have yet to meet anyone that doesn't at least like one thing about the store.
Pros
30% employee discounts
Cons
Discontinued products
Good part time job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB25 September 2018
Worked seasonal at bath and body works. Fast pace and always lots to do. Paid well and lots of hours which was nice. Did have to stay past close to help with floor plan changes. But was never unreasonable
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Constantly changing schedules.
Inclusive and energetic atmosphere with positive energy everyday
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 September 2018
Bath and Body Works was one of the best places I have worked at yet. A typical day at work was fun and stress-free, coming into work did not really feel like work as the management was good and they did not pressure you much. They were able to communicate with you in a good manner if they felt that something you were doing was not correct/appropriate.

In the workplace I definitely felt very included. Everybody was kind and respectful no matter what.

The hardest part of the job was having a location that was very small but got crowded extremely fast especially around Christmas season. There were a lot of employees working but 3 times as more customers. That was the most hectic part because moving around the store was difficult.

The best and most enjoyable part was being able to talk to people without being told by your manager to not talk to people too much( I have had that in the past). The management allowed you to be who you are and develop relationships with customers the way that you feel comfortable.
Pros
positive energy, easy going management
Cons
too crowded and extremely busy
Good work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB24 September 2018
Management was always understanding about different life circumstances. Learned how to deal with tricky customers. Everyone working with was awesome. Typical day included being on cash and helping customers on the floor and restocking shelves
Good
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2018
-Fun
-High paced environment
-Great hours
-Smells great
-Respective co workers
-Well managed
-Time goes by fast
-Felt accomplished
-Great Location (right beside the LTR station)
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2018
I enjoyed working at Bath & Body Works. I was hired as a seasonal sales associate, and later promoted to permanent sales associate in the new year. I never had an issue with the staff. They are caring and helpful. The management staff was great!
fun work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 September 2018
It was a great experience, getting to work with all those new different spontaneous scents, and convincing many customers to try new products. It was a very interesting job, would definitely go back to it in the future.
Wonderful environment for a student
Seasonal/Part time Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
You get to interact with people, you get training for it, you can speedily move up the ladder if you show your skills. Good benefits and you never smell bad every time you get in a shift!
Pros
Good job benefits and hours.
Cons
Shift based hours.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 September 2018
I love bath and body works and have nothing against them it was just the location I worked at wasn’t so great . They also didn’t fully understand things about my brain injury
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Bad hours
Super fun
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 September 2018
Great support company wide - store level remains questionable. Great staff and easy going customers at store level. Great pay for retail with lots of work to show for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K