Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Work/life
HIGH PERFORMANCE SALES LEADER/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 June 2018
Poor work/life as you are not able to have weekends if you are part of management. Nonetheless a great job to grow in retail if you enjoy people and great customer service.
Really fun and easy to understand training. Awesome co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 June 2018
A typical day includes use of Point of Sales system, talking with co-workers, selling products to (friendly) customers, and pulling product from the back room to place onto store shelves. The management is very friendly and very good at delegating tasks. The hardest part of the job would be making the transaction number and customer satisfaction rate on a slow day/high competition day. I personally love almost everything about about this job, especially the product and the benefits.
organized and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 June 2018
everyone within Bath and body works were amazing staff and colleagues. I would've loved to continue working with their team however family issues caused me to leave the job. Bath and Body works is full of friendly, kind hearted people that are willing to help you thrive in the business.
Positive & Rewarding Workplace
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 June 2018
Great place to work! High level management (DM & Regional) very easy to talk to. Take the time to listen and value feedback from all employees, not just management. Lots of incentives and recognition for a job well done. Values based company.
Pros
Free product
Poor scheduling.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 June 2018
Scheduling is only 1 week out and often requires flexibility and fluctuates, with on call shifts added to each shift.
100% sales focus. Run on conversion.
B&bw
Capability Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON5 June 2018
-Good company culture
-initial training good
-stratford location was slow unless seasonal holiday
-training new staff was enjoyable
-continued training for keyholders was very poor
Horrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS31 May 2018
I did not enjoy my time working at bath & body works simply to do with the staff. My management was horrible and made me as well as a few other coworkers feel very unwanted and miserable. I was so happy to quit.
Pros
Good smell
Cons
Everything else
Inviting But Not Always
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 May 2018
I worked here seasonal and part-time, in the beginning it was a very encouraging and happy place to work. However certain managers would become easily agitated and blame others, questioning their actions. It was uncalled for, not understanding at all.
Pros
Had one potluck
Weird hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
I enjoyed some of my time working here however they always gave you weird amounts of hours. You might work 4 days a week but each shift be 4 hours or 3 hours. Why not 2 longer shifts or something?
Depends
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 May 2018
Managers will talk behind your back.They rather promote new employees instead of people who have been in the company.Barely get hours for example:THEY WILL give you 3 hours a week during Jan-June till there peak seasons happen (Christmas and Semi Annual).Even if your SPAH(sales per hour) are good this is a great possibility.If you're looking for hours in a permanent job I would not recommend it.Only for a Seasonal or Manager because the hours will be there.Lastly they have floorsets which can start from 6:30pm-6am in the morning.Just a head up.
Hard work
Supervisor- Duties (Current Employee) –  North York, ON17 May 2018
Very difficult job to work at, if you are in the management. There are a lot of expectations for you to succeed and if you don't, then you usually get fired or written up.
Really fun but few hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 May 2018
Really fun place to work at.. Scheduling is really good for if you have another job and its an easy job to pick up. You get to meet a lot of nice people.
Best coworkers I have worked with
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2018
During the Holiday season, everyone at the store I worked with were great to be around and many who have worked with the company know what they are talking about. The company sends over some products and the store has its in house competition for the products. They make it fair so that everyone gets something. I really enjoyed my time there.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
It is a great place to work! I have learned how great it feels to help someone find what they are looking for and to see how satisfied they are with their purchase.
Pros
Our manager sometimes orders us pizzas during long floor sets
Cons
Not enough hours for employees
Vey fun atmosphere to work in
Head of Merchandise Department (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 May 2018
I worked for this company at two different locations. I enjoyed all the people I worked with and I overall enjoyed my job. Everyone works great as a team and everyone sticks together. Great for someone who needs a part-time job or a student.
Pros
very fun atmosphere
Fun plance
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 May 2018
The workplace atmosphere is amazing. I am glad to be a part of such a team. I have learned a lot about selling from this job. This work also provide great benefits and pays more than minimum wage. Management is absolutely phenomenal.
It was decent
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 April 2018
It's nothing memorable, people were average, the work was average, and the hours were average. Hope to never work there again because the hours given were sometimes ridiculous.
Pros
It smelt nice
Cons
Not the best workers attitude
fun place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2018
the management as very good. very nice managers but you usually do not get hours. sometimes only 3-8 hours per eek. you only get gours during peak season hich is during christmas and vaentines, clashing ith eam schedules for most of us that are students
Pros
nice people
Cons
no free stuff
Amazing Culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2018
Great company culture! The Southgate Mall location in Edmonton has amazing management. (No workplace drama AT ALL!) Amazing staff. Great job environment!!
bath and body works
Sales Associate and Cashier and stock (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 April 2018
I would go to work and wear my apron, and then after I would clock in on the computer and go right on to the floor. I would find the manager and ask them what I was doing for the day for example sales associate or cash. I learnt how to deal with customers who are angry, my communication skills really helped with that, also i learnt how to communicate with the other employees if i needed helped with something we would use a walkie talkie. The hardest part of the job is restocking the store because the candles were really heavy and sometimes I could not reach high up.
Pros
on black friday and boxing day we would get free food at the back
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

52K