Bath & Body Works
Updates from Bath & Body Works:

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Canada652 reviews
Competitive and clique-y
Wasn't fond of the sales requirements, especially as a merchandiser. I was expected to make customers remember my name and provide excellent service while putting out merchandise quickly and to code.
Sales associate
Learned great customer service, problem Solving, team work. Management was great! Got along very well! Hardest part was lack of hours. Workplace culture was great
Fast-paced but fun, Helpful and supportive co-workers
- I learned a lot about merchandising and stocking products.
-Friendly environment.

-Helpful and supportive staff.

-Very busy and fast-paced.

-Professional dress code.
très bien
J’ai bien aimer mon expérience chez Bath& Body Works
Productive and Fun place to work with lots of laughs
Typical day at work would include helping/selling to customers, stocking, sorting shipments, cashier duties. I learned the ways of a fast pased retail store, under excellent management who were so happy to teach. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the Christmas season stress of shipments and only getting to know your hours week to week.
co-workers/management can make or break
you would clock in and see what position you are to do that day. i learned a lot about sale conversions. management had favorites, and would claim to have a computer set up everyone's schedule. but some would only come in twice whereas others were coming in everyday. hardest part was putting yourself out there and sometimes facing a rude customer. in this location it was also dealing with the gossip of the co-workers, and constantly feeling like you weren't liked cause you're new. the most enjoyable part was learning more about the products, and sometimes getting some for free in order to give accurate opinions.
Overall a good job to work.
Must know a lot of product knowledge and be very extrovert and sociable. The job is not for everyone but the company is amazing to work for. They really care for their employees
Good place, good people
Working at bath and body works was a fairy good experience. The customers, more often than not, are nice and friendly. The staff are all kind to each other and management is wasn't too overbearing on us.
Pros
nice workers, good amount of hours, nice environment to work in overall
Cons
unorganized, late nights
Good poeple to work with
Good people to work with, excellent environment all the sales associates knew all the products, and what types are of products to recommended to the customers, and everyone is friendly I would definitely work there again.
General
Far too many employees and not enough hours to go around unless you’re management. Too many permanent non managerial staff. They should realize that in order to keep loyal hardworking staff they need to be able to offer more consistent hours. 10 hours per week during quiet times is not going to keep staff. Far too top heavy. Too many levels of management in the stores.
fast paced but fun
loved working here, bath & body always have some great products to sell and I loved buying as well as talking about them too! competitive for seasonal workers but overall super fun job!
productive and a fun relaxed place to work
the work environment was pretty nice. the only thing wrong with the job was the amount of work was usually multiplied whenever their special sales came around because the shelves would get cleared
Pros
free products as gratification for working with them
Cons
the overnight restocking normally difficult
A great learning experience with close long lasting work relationships.
Coming to work is always a positive experience. Lots of team building and personal skill building among staff. There is always a goal for the day or for your shift and management is always there to help employees achieve them. A great working environment with care for the employees. An overall great working working experience.
Productive, fun and great place to work
Management is amazing! Much care for their employees and work with your schedule! Busy working environment and fun place to work with a great and hard working team!
What to expect.
Got hired and although it was a fin environment to work in you were always expected to convert every single customer to a higher sales bag. I didnt like how they were always on my back to hold my customers hand. It didnt feel right. Hours were good in the start, untill the new year where hours got cut like crazy and it was something I couldn't afford especially with the wage. I was getting 3 hours a week if I was lucky.
high pressure, low reward
lots of stress to meet goals, intense marketing from management. clique like work culture. very few hours, especially seasonally. they try to hype you up with free stuff, but it doesn't work if you can see through it.
Great if you’re liked, sucks if you’re not
While sales aren’t commission you do get your sales tracked. People who have have more sales get more hours, people who don’t get sales get maybe a shift a week. You also have to worry about “staying green” which is the total revenue for the hour and the day. If you’re green, the team gets more hours and you get to keep your call in. If you’re red, you lose hours. Call ins are frequent. Seniority is important too. They have an app to swap shifts or get your shifts covered where you get most of your hours.
Great work enviroment
Love working with my team members. Management team is always there to assist anyone when they need it. very well organized. enjoyable work environment.
Good for Seasonal Work, Bad Management
I worked here for the Christmas season and at first I loved the job. As time went on they began to take advantage of their workers, scheduling us for “on call” time and then last minute saying we were not needed with no compensation. You would have to be open all the time incase they needed you. There was a lack of management and communication between everyone. Near the end of the Christmas season they stopped scheduling people and never contacted us again.
Great
I love working at BBW, it’s my first job and I couldn’t ask for a better one. We get awarded and praised when doing well, and get a gratis every month. I can come into work after having a rough week and all my worries go away, i always have something to do and love when we get new product to try!
easy place to work
Bath and body works is a great place to start working, it's not too stressful but allows you to get a wide range of experience. I would recommend this job for anyone looking for part time work, I personally would get a headache if I worked there full time.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9K